Golden Sun Hacking Community
April 20, 2018, 10:16:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: dark dawn emery Stat hack?  (Read 11785 times)

New User

Coins: 0

« on: September 29, 2015, 02:44:54 AM »

Anybody know where it located , I try looking at all the data and can't find where the enemy Stat are located...want to play a hard mod
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Template maker turned lurker

Alchemist

Coins: 10

I am: wondering if we can get our clan position changed...
Clan Position: Grand Overlady of Jupiter

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 11:40:59 AM »

For Dark Dawn?  I don't think we even have the tools to do that.  DD as a whole was hella encrypted - I know little of how much we really know about it.

View Profile WWW
Fox
Fox McCloud, the Hacking Doctor
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

Coins: 28

I am: certainly not a Gallant!
Clan Position: Head Gallant

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 12:50:21 PM »

Technically speaking, Dark Dawn isn't encrypted...as far as I know... It's just not been excessively researched/documented. (It does use compression, but that's not encryption.) - However, I'm quite sure your context wasn't referring to the "encryption" used in security... more on the fact that it hasn't been understood yet.

http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=1961.0 = Want to point out that the information on this page... was put in a doc a bit over a month ago - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p5OMFJ6wOvMTNfZg2ReOMXjP0e4s9IXNb8R7D01td0A/edit , but it doesn't list Enemy Stats... It hasn't been found yet... But the plan was to see if it is in one of the overlay files. (Like how Bowser's Inside Story did it.... when it loaded an overlay file when a battle starts.)

Unfortunately, I will be unable to use no$gba for research on that due to crash on boot. -- Maybe via alternatives, though. For example:  If testing Dark Dawn... assuming this works since I haven't tried yet... With Desmume, initialize a battle in-game, and then do a RAM mem dump from the Memory viewer... then open that in a hex editor and search for values that match enemy data found on gamefaqs. (HP/PP are probably 16-bit, level might be 8-bit, etc.) -- From there, then we could work out which overlay file was being loaded to that area of RAM. - Which might be as simple as looking at a certain table in the ROM. - Actually editing those files in the ROM might require decompression/compression depending on if it is compressed data or not. -- Any research done on the data itself could be done by searching the RAM address of the enemy table itself... which should bring you to code, as usual. (But using a debugger works as well... which is usually the recommended way.)

Just note that I have NOT said anything about being unable to document any more data... I actually believe I could document loads more pretty easily (with a bit of work.) ... I just haven't done much to do so. (Since I'm usually working on other things...) (The most recent thing as far as data research is concerned, would be me looking at a really old game's data.... a PS1 game known as Frogger.  It turns out I'm able to understand PS1 code as well... why yes, once you learn one assembly language... and along with access to a specs page, you pretty much have experience in the majority of them...at least concept-wise, anyway.) - (Although this has nothing to do with why I was researching the game, thinking about it now, I'd like to see Frogger have a patch that makes it a little easier, or rather, less annoying.  Basically restarting at the location you fell off from... if it was your first death. -- And one idea to do that? Give the frog a use-once rope.)

---
And to further prove my point... Although I have seen youtube vids, I've never played Dream Team (a game that really is encrypted...) If decrypted, it still can't be emulated in Citra... well.. you might get one little thing, maybe.. but that's it.... And I once did find the enemy data in the game. - (Decryption was all thanks to 3DS being exploitable with earlier firmwares, and people releasing stuff...)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 03:22:39 PM by Fox » Logged

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Remember kids! Before you go on that interview, remember to wash your hands in teawater! *Coughs on hand* (Excuse me, I just coughed up a little teawater, so they're still clean!) You wouldn't want that hiring manager to be unimpressed.

May the force be with you!
Shoo! Why does it smell in here?
Maybe that's the wrong kind of force. *smirk*
View Profile

New User

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 05:46:52 AM »

Thanks I try all if that and nothing even looking at all the data on hex one by one and nothing . Decrypt some file but just image , been a while since I play so I just wanted like hard mod , I will kept looking ...been here for awhile but never got the chance to register lol
View Profile
JamietheFlameUser
Diamond Pokémon
Mars Clan

Does this look like the face of mercy?

Prodigy

I am: Poke poke poke poke... I can't stop it...

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2015, 04:25:55 PM »

Thanks I try all if that and nothing even looking at all the data on hex one by one and nothing . Decrypt some file but just image , been a while since I play so I just wanted like hard mod , I will kept looking ...been here for awhile but never got the chance to register lol
Yeah, I can definitely understand wanting a hard mode for Dark Dawn. The game is insultingly easy, especially if you're the type to compulsively grind for weapon skill. I keep leaving the Mountain Roc in its stone form just so it doesn't take triple digit damage from physical at a point in the game where spell damage is just barely starting to go to triple digits. That said, the game's biggest problem is that normal enemies give way too much EXP and have their level increased compared to their TBS/TLA counterparts while also having lower stats than their TLA counterparts, resulting in foes that are difficult to flee from, are trivial to kill, and force your level way higher than it needs to be for the boss fights which makes them too easy as well.

I'd really like if someone made a hack that gave Eoleo access to the Bow weapon type with animations to go with, and that also added a jump shot bow animation for all characters that can use bows to go with moves like Thunder Mine (which looks really weird with a bow since the character just stands on the ground and fires). That's just wishful thinking though.

:P

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

Spoiler for epic mindscrew:
View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

Coins: 32

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.
Emblems: Have a nice day.

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2015, 10:43:22 PM »

I'd really like if someone made a hack that gave Eoleo access to the Bow weapon type with animations to go with, and that also added a jump shot bow animation for all characters that can use bows to go with moves like Thunder Mine (which looks really weird with a bow since the character just stands on the ground and fires). That's just wishful thinking though.

Just a little thing to make note of, but I'm pretty sure that all weapons are compatible with every character; this is ignoring the fact that individual items are likely flagged like in the prequels. I remember modifying RAM to give Matty a claw weapon, which resulted in him wielding it properly and attacking with it. Might hunt for the screenshot I took of that later...

This probably has to do with the fact that they are now model-based rather than sprites, so each weapon and/or weapon type likely has its own code to rig bones together and manipulate the character models.

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW
JamietheFlameUser
Diamond Pokémon
Mars Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2015, 01:08:44 AM »

Oh my gosh, they did it like Tales of Xillia and its sequel! Hell yes, thank you Camelot for making our lives so much easier when we finally work out how to hack this thing.

That said, the bow still needs a jumpshot animation.

Wait, does that work though? Different characters have different animations for different weapon types. Karis, Matthew, Tyrell, Amiti, and Himi all have completely different animation sets with short swords, for example, and I doubt Karis and Amiti share exactly the same bow animations either.

View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2015, 01:36:44 AM »

I'm pretty sure it works to some capacity, but I would have to double check to confirm. I know for sure I made Matthew equip and hold claws (mythril I believe), but I can't remember actually making him fight with them now that I think about it a little more. It could also be like the prequels where attack animations, or at least the attack swipes, have a default option with exceptions coded in for specific characters. I can investigate next time I take a look at Dark Dawn, but there's no telling when that will be.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW
JamietheFlameUser
Diamond Pokémon
Mars Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2015, 05:03:22 PM »

Even if you only made Matthew hold claws, if you checked his status screen you should be able to see if he's in a proper claw battle stance since Sveta's battle stance with claws is very different to either of Matthew's stances (Longsword/Axe or Light Blade/Mace).

And if the models can interchange animation sets freely like that, might it be possible to have Matthew use Karis's Light Blade/Staff animation set as his Light Blade/Mace animation set by editing some value in RAM?

Something to note just because:

Matthew seems to use the same animations for Longswords as he does for Axes. He also seems to use the same animations for Light Blades as he does for Maces.
Tyrell also seems to use one animation set for Longswords/Axes, and one animation set for Light Blades/Maces.
Karis seems to use the same animations for Light Blades as she does for Staves.
Amiti also seems to use one animation set for Light Blades/Staves.
Rief would appear to have only one animation set, shared between Staves/Ankhs/Maces.
Himi would appear to have only one animation set, shared between Staves/Ankhs/Light Blades.
Eoleo seems to use one animation set for Light Blades/Maces.
Sveta actually has two weapon types, these being Claws and Knuckles, and has a different animation set for each.

TL;DR version: Rief and Himi are boring and uncool.

View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2015, 07:59:12 PM »

Okay, so I double checked and may have been incorrect about Matthew holding them correctly; I remembered wrong. He holds all non-light blade or mace weapons in the exact same way. It seems like several characters have a set animation set for certain weapon types, and then another for all other types. Unless bows also have their own for Karis/Amiti.

http://salanewt.imgur.com/all/ - The most recent images, as of this post, are screenshots of Matthew holding various weapons in the status menu. Note that I have not tested bows, either in here or in battle; other weapons should behave the same as the character's "standard" attacking animation sets though.

Still though, all characters can hold various weapons; I was just mistaken about whether stances were defined by the character or the weapon type. So in that sense, weapons can be wielded and used "properly" for the most part. It almost looks like claw-type weapons only have a single claw when Matty holds them though, now that I look again. Maybe this means Sveta will dual-wield everything? Well anyway, stances appear to be defined by character, followed by weapon class for alternate stances.

Also, I can't help but feel like we may have slightly gone off topic here...

View Profile WWW
JamietheFlameUser
Diamond Pokémon
Mars Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2015, 08:37:04 PM »

"Salanewt's images are not publicly available."
You should fix that you know.

Actually, you know something? By my recollection I don't think Sveta actually dual-wields Claws or Knuckles either.

View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2015, 04:09:45 AM »

Okay, I think I fixed the URL issue. Didn't realize it was something that needed to be fixed.

Also, yeah. I can't remember how Sveta fights anymore. Do you know of any good videos that show her attacking?

View Profile WWW
JamietheFlameUser
Diamond Pokémon
Mars Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2015, 04:51:16 AM »

Trying to actually look at them at any size beyond thumbnail gets me a "This account has no public images" message.

With a claw-type weapon, Sveta's regular attack has her rush forward and perform a single diagonal downward swipe with her right hand (the one in which she wields the claw). The Steel Edges unleash has Sveta perform a series of relatively quick strikes with the claw in her right hand, then draw back and perform a final slash similar to her regular attack.

With a knuckles-type weapon, Sveta's regular attack is a one-two punch, left and then right. The Savage Raptor and Feral Rush (I think that's the name?) unleashes have her perform a rapid series of punches with both hands, followed by a roundhouse kick to the head.

View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2015, 07:05:03 PM »

Okay, I'll just do it like this then. Two of the images on my account are the sword from different angles, while another is a different claw weapon.

Shortsword:

Axe:

Staff:

Claw:

Also, how does Matty attack again? I want to say he also does a downward swipe of some sort with "underhand" wielding.

View Profile WWW
Fox
Fox McCloud, the Hacking Doctor
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

Coins: 28

I am: certainly not a Gallant!
Clan Position: Head Gallant

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2015, 07:58:05 PM »

Trying to actually look at them at any size beyond thumbnail gets me a "This account has no public images" message.
Try: Right click > Open in new tab, maybe?

Nice archive of images, Salanewt! @"http://imgur.com/NJIBKjx" - "2 month ago" - Still working on that Superstar Saga hack, I see? :)

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Remember kids! Before you go on that interview, remember to wash your hands in teawater! *Coughs on hand* (Excuse me, I just coughed up a little teawater, so they're still clean!) You wouldn't want that hiring manager to be unimpressed.

May the force be with you!
Shoo! Why does it smell in here?
Maybe that's the wrong kind of force. *smirk*
View Profile
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
Today at 02:46:36 PM
KyleRunner: Atrius!!
Yesterday at 11:29:46 PM
Atrius: @Fox, I tried, but for some reason Mario Golf won't boot, and Mario Tennis crashes when you patch out the text compression, and I'm not sure why...  The normal text loading functions in them are basically the same as the ones in the Golden Sun games.
April 16, 2018, 07:44:36 AM
Drake baku: So it took about halve a hour of letting my lap stay off for it to suddenly work again
April 16, 2018, 07:31:28 AM
Drake baku: All of a sudden fox his editor gets errors. When trying to start it, thing worked fine yesterday...
April 14, 2018, 01:04:37 PM
Fox: @Mario Golf/text editing = Nope... And it may be awhile yet. I think I looked into it before... (at least for GS1)... but usually is the case when I come across a particular problem, that it can delay a solution for an extremely long time.
April 12, 2018, 04:27:14 PM
KyleRunner: Gee... never used discord...
April 12, 2018, 06:03:23 AM
Drake baku: I take it back, found it
April 12, 2018, 06:02:01 AM
Drake baku: But there is no discord link to be found
April 12, 2018, 06:01:44 AM
Drake baku: Everyone is on discord
April 11, 2018, 09:44:06 PM
KyleRunner: Fox, what about that tool for editing text in Mario Golf? Didi you finish it? If not, can you make a version of gstoolkit compatible with it?
April 11, 2018, 07:41:25 AM
Drake baku: Mauw
March 30, 2018, 07:26:11 PM
Salanewt: Hi!
March 29, 2018, 07:37:45 PM
ThanatosTheDark: YYEEEOOOOOO
March 12, 2018, 02:21:06 AM
Fox: say*
March 12, 2018, 02:20:53 AM
Fox: I saw we need an event this April Fools/Easter... because two holidays are in one, why would we not want to miss having something special? (Unfortunately, there's no one here to make an event be successful.)
March 12, 2018, 02:18:17 AM
Fox: And since that's the case...  I have thought of another fun experiment idea. - What if we had an auction on who should run this site, and waited for 10 people to bid and also for a bare minimum of 24 hours. Who would bid the highest, and how much would that bid be? - The idea is more for lulz (Maybe for April Fools?), and a theory to get an idea of how much the site might be worth as well.
March 11, 2018, 03:02:31 AM
Fox: Creepy, isn't it?
March 10, 2018, 02:19:04 AM
Fox: It's frog legs now.. It's something that's dead, but somehow still manages to wiggle.
March 09, 2018, 04:12:17 AM
JamietheFlameUser: I think this place is still dead.
March 02, 2018, 09:43:18 AM
Pkmn-Master: Lol I haven't been here in like 6 years. How is everyone?

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise