News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Favorite Psyenergey (out Of The Following

Started by squizzy44, 08, October, 2009, 03:32:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wich is your favourite?

move
1 (9.1%)
arrow (only from golden sun tla editor)
2 (18.2%)
blaze
1 (9.1%)
reveal
1 (9.1%)
mind read
2 (18.2%)
whirlwind
0 (0%)
hover
2 (18.2%)
sand
1 (9.1%)
other (please post your suggestion)
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 8

squizzy44

squizzy44

Sajin

Hmmm...I really don't understand why do you ask only field psynergies. Can I know why?
Ah, and my vote goes for Sand.

Salanewt

It was very close between Hover and Arrow...

So I chose Hover (not to mention that this is what your ship uses when it flies).

Have a nice day.
:MercurySet:  :MercuryDjinni:  
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

weckar

Hover is cool, the hover jade was on the brink of memedom after Cyber's LP... but I prefer Reveal.

This post has been edited by weckar on Oct 8 2009, 02:37 PM

Salanewt

Yeah, I agree with you. It can be used on the ship, but why on the ship and not anywhere else? Besides, it would be neat to be able to use hover to get to a higher point in a dungeon or something.

As for Reveal, it is neat, but it could also have been used more. For example, you rarely use it unless you are either searching for items, or there is a circle of six rocks.

In my opinion, pretty much all of these could have been used more. It would have been nice for a "Dive" psynergy as well that you can use on the ship (as well as other places near water), or for Parch to work on larger bodies of water.

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Aile~♥

Long puzzle idea:

You see a patch of six weeds on the ground near a wall. You use Reveal, but the door is closed.

Use Cyclone to clear out the weeds, and find six puddles. The door is still closed. Cast Frost on all the puddles to make six ice pillars, then the door opens.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Salanewt

Oh yeah, that seems like a very nice idea for a puzzle. I hope we can make it in the future, but it might be a bit hard right now.

Have a nice day.

Rolina

Teleport.  The reason is rather obvious.

Salanewt

Yeah, I can see your reasoning for it. It would be nice if you could choose the location that you teleport to with it, but that might "break" the game, so...

Have a nice day.

Atrius (He/Him)

I vote Mind Read, because I was one of those OCD people that just had to read every single person in the game's mind.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Salanewt

Yeah, there was a time when I was like that...

Basically, I was alternating between "Mind Read everything, even the chair" and "lets beat this game again". I would have chosen them all if I could, but...

Anyway, why did you put the Arrow psynergy and yet not the Magnet Barrier one?

Have a nice day.

Aile~♥

Speaking of chairs, why not give some of the furniture mind read script if we can at some point?

Anyway, I tend to like the idea of "build the reveal circle" puzzles.

I have a cool reveal puzzle idea. Essentially, there's an area with six hover circles. However, they don't seem to lead anywhere, except to various dead ends and areas with a small amount of treasure. To advance, however, it's essentially just a well-disguised reveal area.

Jupiter Lighthouse-style puzzle idea:

You come to a room with some hover pads with ledges nearby.

On each ledge is a small mini-area (by small, I mean that it takes place in the same room, but it could actually be huge), ending in one of those Jupiter Lighthouse angel statues, but these can be pushed, and a ledge. Push the statue off the ledge to the floor (several levels) below, then go back down and to another one of the mini-areas. Usually, these mini-areas would be hover mazes, as in, you hover to a platform, where there are a few cyclone spots or hover spots that you can use to go to other platforms, then to other platforms, and so on, until you are like 200 metres above the ground below, then you come to a statue, and push it off, and then use hover to fall down to the bottom level. They could also be cyclone mazes, which is a similar concept only cyclone spamming, and there'd be some that require a mixture of the two, and, if possible, an area where Reveal shows you which direction to go by colour-coding the hover spots. Purple leads in the right direction, gray leads to a dead end, and green leads to another section of maze followed by a treasure chest.

A hover maze idea, just as an example: You go along through this maze, until at what looks like the end, you come to a fairly decent-sized platform with six move-able angel statues strewn around, and a beige panel with a white diamond-shape on it in the middle. Position the angel statues so that they form a Reveal ring around the central point, then use reveal. The central point turns into an arrow, which seems to be pointing... south? Anyway, to the south is a hover point. Stand on the hover point, move one space down, and you'll fall to a lower platform. Once you land there, you'll find a move-able angel statue and a ledge. Push the angel statue off the ledge, and follow it. There! finally done a nasty maze section.

In fact, you could make a mini-dungeon that was all one room like that, with a summon tablet or piece of amazing equipment in the reveal circle that is formed from completing all the areas.

This post has been edited by JamietheFlameUser on Oct 8 2009, 05:22 PM
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Salanewt

Ooh! I like that idea.

Ow, Niel Young's harmonica... My ears...

Anyway, that is a pretty good idea for a puzzle. An idea that I have would be to make a puzzle at a "beach" dungeon, where Sand, Douse, Frost, Parch, and a few others are used often.

Have a nice day. :MercurySet:  :MercuryDjinni:  

Zach

I have 3 (for field psynergy that is): Hover, Teleport, and Burst (cause it's fun to blow stuff up and not get into trouble ;) )

squizzy44

i didn't think of that, thanks for the idea  

Zach

your welcome. as for the ones you're missing, it's Catch, Carry, Lift, Tremor, Cyclone, Grind, Teleport, Burst, Douse, Frost, Parch, and Gale. I'm sure I'm forgetting something (other then the Cure and Wish series), but i will edit this if i remember

EDIT: Forgot Retreat, Scoop, Pound, and Lash

This post has been edited by zach on Oct 8 2009, 09:31 PM

squizzy44

im sorry but i cant put all of them in  

Salanewt

We understand, oh and Quake!

Wait, sorry, never mind. It is only a utility in my hack.

There are also one or two enemy only utilities, but I forget what most of them are.

Have a nice day.

Atrius (He/Him)

First of all, this and the other two topics are in the wrong section.  (Moved)

Secondly, all three of these topics are about the same thing.  If you run out of room for poll options, DO NOT create multiple topics for the exact same poll.  (Other topics deleted)
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]