News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

New Feature Preview Topic

Started by Atrius, 30, October, 2008, 02:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atrius (He/Him)

Ability Editor

Class Editor

And in case anyone from www.forumdjinn.es happens to be looking.  (It's nice to see interest from non-English speaking Golden Sun communities)
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Et3rnal

weckar

Will it be possible to change the name of and the animation an ability uses?

Atrius (He/Him)

Not yet.  I haven't found the animation data for them yet, and I'm still working on the text compression, it's a real pain.

After I find the data for Djinni stat increases I'll probably start really pounding away at that text compression.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

weckar

once we get text compression, we can edit text, rght?

EDIT: btw, do you like my sigpics?

Atrius (He/Him)

Quote from: weckar on 31, October, 2008, 06:21:00 PMonce we get text compression, we can edit text, rght?

I'll still have to find a way to make sure it doesn't create problems if the new text takes up more space than the old text, but yeah.

They're nice.  The area around the white streaks in the purple hair looks a little odd, but other than that, good job.  If you plan on sticking them into TLA it's worth mentioning Character Portraits are limited to a 15 color palette (Technically 16, but one color is always transparent)

MaxiPower

Quote from: Atrius on 01, November, 2008, 11:59:00 AM
Quote from: weckar on 31, October, 2008, 06:21:00 PMonce we get text compression, we can edit text, rght?

I'll still have to find a way to make sure it doesn't create problems if the new text takes up more space than the old text, but yeah.

out of interest, there are methods of expanding GBA roms without corrupting data isnt there?

out of interest, there are methods of expanding GBA roms without corrupting data isnt there?

Atrius (He/Him)

Expanding GBA ROMs is extremely easy.

weckar

would that colour palette be predefined, or am I okay as long as I don't use more than 15 colours?

Atrius (He/Him)

I'm not sure yet, but I believe they each have their own palette.

Rolina

It's interesting to see that it's not the number of Djinn equipped that matters for classes, but rather element Level.  I look forward to the v0.2 release! ^-^

weckar

Hmm, very true Role. Do we have any data on the characters' 'natural' elemental Levels?

Atrius (He/Him)

They all start out with 5 in their base element, and zero in everything else.

I was able to make my hacked Kraden character's elemental levels all zero, and by assigning five of any element of Djinni to him, he was able become the base class of that element (Since he's edited from Piers his water class was Mariner though).  It's weird though... Even after removing the Djinn, and reverting his class to NPC (The default class with no requirements, no bonuses, and supposedly no abilities) he retains the Psynergy abilities of the last class he was.

weckar

That is odd. Maybe the NPC class acttually doesn't change a thing about that part of the data.

Does this mean btw that we can create a global character with 5 in every element level?

Atrius (He/Him)

You can't create new characters, you'd have to edit an existing one, but yes, you can make their base elemental levels anywhere from 0 to 25.

Rolina

Sure, but they'd be HORRIBLY broken.

Got a class changing item?  INSTANT MASTERY!  Wait, what?

If you're gonna do that, you'd most likely need to go in and completely change a lot of the classes, because otherwise that character pretty much breaks the game due to their sheer god-like might, even if a mere 5-in-each-element seems small.

I'll get to work on a class to element level chart, though it's gonna be taken from one of the FAQ's on Gamefaqs, so do note that I'm not the one that did the work other than making a nice ASCII table out of it, but instead it'll be the person I give credit to.

weckar

I do actually want to make a horribly broken hack soon, so I can do a minimal part playthrough while still showing some of the awesome bits of the game.

Rolina

But... but... It's no fun like that!

weckar

It will be when pushing the order of events to the limit

Utiliy psynergies are key it seems.

Rolina

Well, if you're gonna do that, at least amp up the difficulty.  Make the enemies a good deal stronger, since the higher element level also means higher power and resistance to the elements.  Also... Not sure if you'll figure out exactly how to pull it off, but if you could get everyone different 'pure element classes', that would be awesome.  I mean...

Sure, you've got the first person with all fire djinn set.  But the second person has all fire, too.  I think it'd be neat to at least have different class sets for the different character slots.

...Though, we're getting off topic, so... C>