News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

New Feature Preview Topic

Started by Atrius, 30, October, 2008, 02:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salanewt

Cool, so Piers has a new possible base class, but Pikachu is giving it to Sheba? Nice work on the editor Atrius! I knew you could do it at your own pace without being rushed by others!

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

MaxiPower

Atrius (He/Him)

Did I also forget to mention that the hex viewer for the code associated with maps is now a fully working hex editor?  More advanced users will be able to modify NPC idle behaviors, and cut scenes with this, among other things.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Rolina

Oh, hey, I can post again.

Anywho, do you think we'll have a summon editor for the next release as well?

Salanewt

Quote from: Atrius on 27, September, 2010, 03:57:56 PM
Did I also forget to mention that the hex viewer for the code associated with maps is now a fully working hex editor?  More advanced users will be able to modify NPC idle behaviors, and cut scenes with this, among other things.

And that sounds like something that I would love to work with, thanks Atrius!

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Atrius (He/Him)

Quote from: Role on 27, September, 2010, 04:44:30 PM

*Cough Couhlookatthedjinnieditorscreenshotmorecloselyandthelastlineinthatpostaauough Cough*

Excuse me, I must have had somehinting stuck in my throat.  :Sweat:
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

felixsrg

Wow, the new version looks reallt good so far, Do you think there could be sprite swapping for the next release? even the ones in the game for other inside the games. (Felix for Isaac and the other way around)  :happy:

The sun is shining again, and his new story is about to start... Golden Sun Dark Dawn.

Atrius (He/Him)

If by next release you mean the one after this, maybe.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

QuoteThe map viewer with a couple new additions, there are buttons for setting the visibility of tile layers, NPCs, as well as a grid.  Also notice how the sun ray tile layer in Madra, which uses a special blend mode, is displayed properly.  Expect the same for light shining inside windows of buildings, and other such effects as well.

Soo... I suppose scrolling in the Map Editor is even slower now?, Huh? Or has that been improved?
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Atrius (He/Him)

I rewrote most of the code for the map viewer, it works better now.

Edit:
Quote from: Charon the FerrymanDon't forget about the localization files, too, Atrius, so we can get a copy of the program in German :D

Speaking of that, I should probably try to find translators. 

Rolina

Quote from: Atrius on 27, September, 2010, 09:15:12 PM
Quote from: Role on 27, September, 2010, 04:44:30 PM

*Cough Couhlookatthedjinnieditorscreenshotmorecloselyandthelastlineinthatpostaauough Cough*

Excuse me, I must have had somehinting stuck in my throat.  :Sweat:
This pleases me greatly.  I approve of this course of action.

I know, it seems like a lot of stuff coming this coming version, doesn't it? (Well, error fixes... djinni/summons.. major upgraded map viewer... text editing...)

Oh yeah? So I suppose we aren't getting a palette editor (of any form) this coming version?
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Rolina

And the most important of all - a new update method!  Instead will get small chunks with the occasional big release, so we'll get bugfixes done much quicker.

Aile~♥

So, what still has to be done before the next editor release? I mean, I see all sorts of cool new features, but no mention of what still needs fixing.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

It would be an obvious guess to knowing the chances that Atrius might reveal something on Editor's Anniversary on October 10th. (2 days from now) But you never know...

I think the biggest editable will be Text Editing... and the biggest Viewing update will be Map Viewing.. but....

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Atrius (He/Him)

Adding compatibility for Djinn/Summon editing in GS 1 & other language versions of the games, refining code to do with how NPCs react with height map information, keyboard shortcuts in the text editor, e.t.c.  I've got a list of exactly a dozen things left to do five of which could easily be put off till the next release, but I'd rather get them into this one.

Atrius (He/Him)

Hey there, for my birthday I'm giving you a gift!

Let there be no more doubt what the big new feature for the next major release of the editor is going to be: sprite editing.  The functionality is extremely lacking still, but the interface for it is starting to take shape.

In the first image we see the redesigned sprite interface which will give us the additional access we'll need to do our editing.  We still have our nifty little sprite/animation preview panel from previous versions of the editor, but now we can also browse all of the individual sprites included in the set.  Among the options available here will be to import/export sprites as image files.  The next screen shot displays a basic graphics editing interface which will provide a way to make some changes without the trouble of going through the exporting/importing process.

Griever

WOW cool ... and we were supposed to give a gift ><

So i take it that this will be in the next release?

Oh and i forgot to say:
Thanks !!!!

Awec

No way! It's Atrius' birthday today as well?
Happy birthday!
The sprite editor looks awesome.
I. Am. A. Spoon.
Yes, a spoon that is awesome that is a Jupiter adept that is one of the Anemos that lives on the freaking moon.
What of it?

Salanewt

Wow, it looks wonderful! Are you sure that it is your birthday instead of ours? Anyway, happy birthday, and thanks for showing this to us!

Have a nice day.