News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Ummmm......I think I messed up Jenna somehow...

Started by Johnstir, 05, November, 2015, 10:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnstir

:Jenna:Alright, what did you do this time?

I....Kinda made it so that the Trainer's Whip is in your inventory when the game starts, and suddenly, You're a lvl 99 glitchy monster with no Psynergy, No Djinn, and armed with only the Wooden Staff and the OP Weapon I made (Which some reason doesn't take a weapon slot.)

Also, it says "NPC" as your class.

:Jenna: :um: :um: :um: Really?

Yes. In fact, I actually have proof.

:Jenna:Huh, so you're not kidding. I do think this should be fixed ASAP.

Opinion Seconded.

Salanewt

Yeah, the NPC class/class type 12 (I think it is 12) is what turns your characters into enemies.

Does removing the whip it at the start of the game fix your ability to change between the two classes? If so, then it may have something to do with the game not fully recognizing that an item has been equipped to change your class while still recognizing that a standard class should not be used, and so you may have to keep it off of your characters' starting inventories.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Johnstir

Quote from: Lord Squirtle on 05, November, 2015, 11:10:48 PM
Yeah, the NPC class/class type 12 (I think it is 12) is what turns your characters into enemies.

Does removing the whip it at the start of the game fix your ability to change between the two classes? If so, then it may have something to do with the game not fully recognizing that an item has been equipped to change your class while still recognizing that a standard class should not be used, and so you may have to keep it off of your characters' starting inventories.

But here's the rub....
:Jenna: :?:
the whip doesn't show up in the Inventory, plus, the OP Weapon that doesn't take up the weapon slot? It's supposed to give me 3 turns, instead it just acts as if it's not working. (I actually had the idea of adding weapons that allow you to move 3 times, I figured that to balance it out, it'll have to be the Bonus Bosses that drop them, btw. Still gotta see if they work tho)

:Jenna: This is odd....Maybe you should try removing the whip from me and see what happens?

I suppose....

<Checks Editor to do so>

What the...?

:Jenna: :?:
The whip ain't there....
:Jenna: :um: :um: :um:

:Mia: :um: :um: :um:

Yup, still register's Jenna's sprite as a monster Sprite...
And what's even more, is that I checked the editor, Jenna's sprite is that of a Vermin, which two sole skills are Attack and Defend. Might explain the sudden loss of skills, but why is the game using a monster instead of good ol' Jenna...?
 :Mia:Hopefully, someone's able to explain.

EDIT: Just fought my way to the event where you fight 3 Ruffians. Ruffian3's sprite is missing entirely.

Salanewt

Vermin: Well, actually, it doesn't turn you into that monster. In the code, the eight characters (Isaac-Piers) are all counted as the very first eight enemies, and the ones that come after are the first ones displayed in the editor. I think it would be kind of like how Sveta's werewolf thing in Dark Dawn works, only far less useful because of the limitations imposed on it by the code.

The downside to this is that it can make monsters in battle bug out for some reason, likely because the player characters are contributing to the overall monster count and messing up their ability to render properly.

As for you not having the whip, huh. Have you tweaked Jenna's base elements and/or class elemental requirements? Alternately, have you tried getting a djinni or class item, equipping that on her, and then removing it again?
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Johnstir

Quote from: Lord Squirtle on 07, November, 2015, 10:52:26 AM
Vermin: Well, actually, it doesn't turn you into that monster. In the code, the eight characters (Isaac-Piers) are all counted as the very first eight enemies, and the ones that come after are the first ones displayed in the editor. I think it would be kind of like how Sveta's werewolf thing in Dark Dawn works, only far less useful because of the limitations imposed on it by the code.

The downside to this is that it can make monsters in battle bug out for some reason, likely because the player characters are contributing to the overall monster count and messing up their ability to render properly.

As for you not having the whip, huh. Have you tweaked Jenna's base elements and/or class elemental requirements? Alternately, have you tried getting a djinni or class item, equipping that on her, and then removing it again?
Haven't tried the djnn or class item thing, but then again, I haven't checked to see if any of the other characters are suffering from this strange lyntcaropy (Bet I butchered that poor word, but I bet people know what I'm getting at). But how am I gonna mod a Djnn to appear at Jenna's segment? I can't understand the how the event system works.

I just grabbed her elemental stats off of the editor, trying to see if changing Jenna's class will do anything.

IT WORKED!!!
:Jenna:Yeah, but that means that I have to be either a Pierrot, a Tamer, or a Witch Doctor to get around you little glitch.
Hey, Pierrot's a good class for you, especially with Heat Juggle.
:Jenna: :um:

Also, the glitch of Jenna becoming a Vermin glitching out the battle sprites sort of makes sense. Just wish the editor didn't have such a high chance of turning the game into something that can't function at all....

isaac3000

Haha I like how you use Jenna!! She is sarcastic and I love this!!

I can't personally help you, I hope you get this done though!!