News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Ave !

Started by dive_darkness, 13, February, 2016, 07:21:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dive_darkness

Yo, hello, hi !!!

I have been lurking here as a guest for some time now. Finally decided to create an account.
So hello everyone !!!
More about myself:
I'm 20, from Switzerland (yup, cheese and chocolate and stuff), although I am interested in a lot of things, my only interaction with a computer are games and programs I need for studies (excel/word/powerpoint/ and so on). So no experience there.
I like maths and physics (physics in particular), but to add to my weirdness, I'm a med student (ow yeah ! God damn me... )
I'm also a musician (drummer), practiced martial arts for a long time, but had to stop (discal hernia. Yup. A 20yo with discal hernia. Got over it.)

And I guess that's all.

For future projects:
- my studies !!! (so much of my time will just go there.)
- want to use the future open GS to create a game with my little bro (he's learning programming). But he's not that hot about it, mainly because my only ability is writing things, and maybe drawing (with a pencil and paper, not on screen, lol). I have a real ton of ideas (dunno the exact weight, sorry) but nothing to do with them for now.

Otherwise, feel free to ask me anything.

Ps: My main language is French. Don't hesitate to correct me if I write crappy stuff.
PSII: (bad joke. And I just realized how damn uninteresting my wall of text is. You wasted only 3minutes reading it. Sorry ^^ )

Salanewt

Hey there, and welcome! Pretty nice to see some new blood around here.

Not sure how I could be of assistance on the coding front myself, but you can always let us know if you need any help with things.

Language: Sounds good.

Oh yeah, how is Switzerland? I haven't been fortunate enough to go yet, but have heard wonderful things from those around me who have.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

dive_darkness

Thanks ^^

As someone who live there, I'd say it depends on where you come from. Let me see... What do we have in Switzerland ?

I guess we're normal ? We're "divided" in three: German speaking, Italian speaking and French speaking. We have lots of museums in all cities, it's a very green country (cities aren't big. Really.). Lots of mountains for skiing (Zermatt, the ski station at the foot of the Matterhorn is famous worldwide). Eh... It's hard to define what someone might like in your country ><. One thing I'm sure of is that everything is expensive.

And thanks for the proposal ^^ still have to wait for OpenGS to be done (as a lot of work is coding, having time for this while studying is hard. It saves us time). I'll try to write a full plot, with as many details as I can and upload it. I burned through a lot of GS hacks and they're all difficulty hacks (still had a ton of fun with Fallen/Risen stars). Nothing new with the stories (saw a few ideas, but none got done, nor anything was revealed. The only one who have most details and all is project iris. Which is dead since 7-8 years now). I want to change that and create a new story based on the same universe. Something that happened before the main storyline, like during the golden age (after TLA is too complicated. You discover a cannon in loho, and I don't feel like writing about a world in which artillery and guns exists. Dark Dawn ? What's that ?)

Caledor

Hello, dive! Hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

Also... ah, the Alps. I want sooo much to go skiing one of these days... Till a few years ago, when i wasn't busy with university yet, I used to go there once a year with my family. It was on the east side, though, in Trentino. Also, funny, I didn't know mt. Cervino was called Matterhorn in German.

Good luck with your projects!

dive_darkness

Thanks !

University really takes time eh ^^
I only went there once, with school (6 years ago). I didn't go on the east side though, school didn't give any authorizations to go in Italy. I heard somewhere that it is the best side. I should go there again someday !

zman9000

Welcome. I hope you enjoy silence, since that's what you will get by joining this site.
Though its a nice sign that we are still getting new members. Hopefully we can look forward to a more active site again.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

QuoteI hope you enjoy silence
SILENCE!!  .... Um.... couldn't miss the opportunity. :P

Um... Welcome to your #1 Golden Sun Hacking website.... some of us (like me) have been here since near the time the site first started (If GSHC Classic started in 2008, then 2009 should count.).... However, new members do pop in and go... and may even briefly return from time to time.... can't say the specifics,, though... but hopefully we'll get some that stay a bit longer.

Summer 2009 is also when I got into hex hacking... I think it wasn't until around 2010 that I actually started messing with assembly? So don't be too afraid to ask for help if needed.... etc..

Also, English is my first and only fluent language... but I do know a bit of Spanish... (and much less for others..... maybe a few words, but they don't count, haha...)

---
Oh. oh... Almost forgot to mention.... You having a hernia is practically ironic in a way.... b/c recently... well... my father said his doctor told him he had one.... but I don't think it was called discal, though.... something else. Anyway, nevermind that for now....
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

dive_darkness

Thanks ^^

And i saw while lurking around... The only "active" topic (~ 1 post/day) is for the balance age. Well, let's change this Aye !

I sure hope I'll enjoy my stay here ^^

Fox:

Discal hernia is a problem of the intervertebral discs. It is the fact that one disc cracked, and the jelly-like substance inside stick out a bit and compress the sinal chord. Which hurts everytime you move your back. Hopefully mine hurts only when exercising or too long or when I tilt my back too much.

Hernia indicates that something sticks out of it's place. Happens most often with the intestines. Maybe that's what your father had ? It's called inguinal hernia if I remember correctly.

Luna_blade

Hello there!

Good thing you became a member! (a lot of members here just lurk :happy: like me these days)
Interesting live story.

Drawing with pen and paper use quite usefull, even for making games.

Quote from: dive_darknessI burned through a lot of GS hacks and they're all difficulty hacks (still had a ton of fun with Fallen/Risen stars). Nothing new with the stories (saw a few ideas, but none got done, nor anything was revealed. The only one who have most details and all is project iris. Which is dead since 7-8 years now). I want to change that and create a new story based on the same universe. Something that happened before the main storyline, like during the golden age (after TLA is too complicated. You discover a cannon in loho, and I don't feel like writing about a world in which artillery and guns exists. Dark Dawn ? What's that ?)
Yeah, there was this one hack (I don't know if it was finished..) that changed orders of stuff in TLA. But real story hacks are almost non-existent.
Project Iris would have been great. Unfortunately, there aren't many fanfictions about stuff pre-GS TLA. I still have some plans for making a story that sets 150 years before GS and maybe make a game about it once.

Anyway, have fun on the forums!
"Hear the sounds and melodies
Of rilets flowing down
They're the verlasting songs
Whispering all the time
As a warning that behind some rocks
There's a rigid grap even
Oreads fear the tread"

dive_darkness

Thanks !

Read te plot of Project Iris. Good one, it got dropped thought. Also read most of the script available. It was a really interesting idea.

And the other hack, I think you're referring to this: http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=2618.0
Never got finished.

Salanewt

That's cool. It would be hard to point out what people may like about Canada as well, so I see your point there.

I hope you feel welcome here should you decide to stick around.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

dive_darkness

Will definitely stick around. Tired of lurking around ><

Luna_blade

"Hear the sounds and melodies
Of rilets flowing down
They're the verlasting songs
Whispering all the time
As a warning that behind some rocks
There's a rigid grap even
Oreads fear the tread"