Golden Sun Hacking Community
September 20, 2017, 02:17:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Project (story, new thread for the map soon.)  (Read 10377 times)
dive_darkness
Full of ideas, and prone to help if you don't need it.

Coins: 0

« on: February 14, 2016, 05:58:24 PM »

First: my knowledge about the world of Weyard may be lacking. I played multiple times the games (except DD. Only did it once, may replay it.) So if anybody who read it think something feele strange or out of place, please say so. I have for now a timeline for the story and a sketch of the world map (I'll draw every element  and color it later.) Obviously, elements in there are made up...

WORLD MAP: (see attachment)

There are islands that don't exist in the games (they fell down the Gaia falls). Yup. Created them.  The map seems empty for now. I'll add the cities later. Rivers/lakes/forests and all will be added when colouring.
For the placement of the continents in the center, and nearly all islands, I inspired myself from the game's world map and the map show in Lemuria. We can see that Hesperia, Indra, Oceania, and Atteka drifted from the central gondowan.
I extrapolated this idea to Prox, which is now linked to the huge central continents. With everything slowly moving in the direction of the Gaia falls after the sealing of alchemy, The fact that East and West disappear totally is explained. Most of Prox and Thundara's disappearance is also explained that way.

Timeline:

Lost time (no information about this. Only that the known world was brought near it's doom.)

~2000 years ago, a hero and his friends lit the lighthouses and brought back alchemy into the world. Their names are long lost. Myth and legends gave them one. The hero took the alchemy stone. His best friend accompanied him, and the others went back and founded a family. The places where they settled were  later named Anemos, Proxanthere, Valen, Angkar.
While traveling the world with his best friend, the hero grew bitter over the years. He had the power to conquer the world ! He could do whatever he wanted. He then began to act violent. His power, unmatched by all, brought destruction towards all who tried to go against him. His best friend, one day, sick of his behavior and his madness, stole the stone of sages and killed the hero. He then went to Valen, at the foot of mount aleph and tried to destroy the stone of sages in the volcano. But it didn't work. So he built a sanctum inside. A safe place for the stone, so none would use its power for evil. He implanted it in a mechanism which prevent the volcano from erupting.
After the long work, he died.

~ 1800y ago: part of the known world got back up from the Gaia falls. Still growing. Appearance of the Lemuria Island.world grows back in the south faster than in the north it seems. Proxanthere got nearly wiped out from an illness. Proxantherians exiled themselves.
Anemos extended in multiples villages.
Valerians founded Imil at the foot of mercury lighthouse.

- 1500: Angkar became a huge City. Lemuria's island is up totally. Discovery of the fountain, foundation of Lemuria by ???, an angkarian admiral. . Proxantherians went on a massive migration north. Foundation of Prox far in the north, at the edge of the rising lands. Foundation of Kalay by Angkar.

- 1200: huge island discovered west by an anemian captain. Port town of Nebulas  founded there.
Lemuria separate itself from Angkar. Becomes a full country, with its own king. Angkar renamed Angkor. Foundation of Bilibin by Valerians.
Kalt, a big island northwest, is conquered by Proxians. Foundation of Parthus on Kalt.
Izumo, a general from Angkor, found a town on an island east.

-1000 foundation of Loho by Anemians. Islands huge continent east fully grown. World reach an equilibrium and stop growing in surface.

- 800: War between Angkor and Anemos. Angkor takes Loho. Peace is accepted 2 years later. Foundation of Hesperia. Izumo's people explore the huge continent east, founding an empire. The apojii archipelago takes form and islands begins I separate from the east continent.
Anemos' beastmen exile themselves southeast. Foundation of garoh.

- 600: Discovery of Aqua Rock. In a space of few years, 4 places like that are discovered. Places where psynergy seems abnormally powerful. These places, too dangerous for non extremely well trained people, see lots of people dying trying to discover their secrets.
Foundation of Tolbi.

- 400y: Prox tries to conquer Imil. Stopped by Angkor. Anemos takes Hesperia and half of godowan. Angkor conquer the whole Amhara region. Valen is renamed Vale. It stays a free city. Apojii archipelago is fully separated from the East continent. Exploration goes further west in the west Island, deep into the mountains. Traces of human activity there were found. Tolbi turns into a big city.

-200: Daedalus build the war Machine for angkor. War between Prox and Angkor. Prox takes Vale, but not Imil. The machine arrives and free vale, repelling Prox north. The machine is sunk into the molten ground  north of vale. War ends.
Tolbi suffer an epidemia. City crumbles.

-150: Angkor dismantle the city.

- 110: A village is built by peasants on Tolbi's foundations.

-100y: ruins in the extreme East are found. Extremely dangerous. Only 3 people out of the 57 explorers managed to come back (all capable adepts). They talk about beasts, monsters and a strange tower. Exploration is abandonned nearly all the world surface is mapped.
A document is discovered in the west continent. Although it's unreadable, it seems they represent the lighthouses and the elemental stars. Huge discovery is: the show a processus, a cycle in which they fit. No idea what the purpose is. The throwing of the elemental star in the lighthouse is the only understandable step. A drawing of a sword is also readable, although the sword cannot be identified.

-25: tension between Prox and Anemos builds up. Prox has Views on Hesperia.

-19: birth of x and y in ???. Village is still small.

0: x and y leaves ???.

(I haven't decided yet of a starting town. I hesitate between Tolbi, Angkor and Vale, all have their own advantages and incovenients.)

ANNEXE:
Again, if anybody think the events aren't good or don't fit with the universe, please explain clearly which element don't fit. Note that it's a rough resume of the important events. No details are shown (like Poseidon was created to protect Lemuria, the Trident to destroy Poseidon, etc... It'll be in the background of the main story. I'll make a full list of everything that could be found in the world and write a description of it in a separate post.)

PS: I'll try to update this topic often. Especially draw a better world map, with pretty colors and cities placements. I tried not to name people and towns because... It's clearly the last of my worries.

Thanks for reading, have a nice day !

* image.jpg (2269.53 KB, 3264x2448 - viewed 246 times.)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 07:40:14 PM by dive_darkness, Reason: Will make a new thread or the map. Will post a new, corrected timeline. » Logged

"I was sitting in the library when my stomach suddenly decided to demonstrate a whale's mating sound."
View Profile
zman9000
Golden sun fan/Map Builder
Luna Clan

Lord Zed

Excellent Member

I am: A guy who just really likes golden sun

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 08:34:45 PM »

problems hm...
how about

~ 1800y ago: part of the known world got back up from the Gaia falls.
there is no large pieces of land that have gone over the worlds edge, in fact i'm not even sure if any even slightly big islands have by the time the original golden sun's have rolled around.

how do i know this? well we actually have 3 maps in the golden sun games we can go by.
one is before alchemy was sealed, one after but before the time in game, and then the time in game (after 2 lighthouses have been lit and a tsunami has pushed one continent back into place.)
because of this we can see where land was and where it is now (and by proxie we know no large piece of land, past present or future, has been over the edge.), and there aren't any places for large pieces of land.

now... I'm not the smartest person, i get my self confused all the time... The only reason i listed just that one issue, is because its both the only one i feel i can explain correctly, and i'm totally confused by everything else in your post even after reading it over 4 times. Again I could be an idiot but i'm not sure what this project is. if its just a fan idea, then what i said doesn't really matter, but asking if it fits into the world... i can say for sure the extra lands don't.

Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx
View Profile
Luna_blade
The last member of the Luna clan
Luna Clan

Great Member

I am: Timeless. As in, i don't have much free time.

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 09:28:25 PM »

Oh. You really got my attention there. You're doing amazing stuff here.

I like the timeline and worldmap stuff.
Here are some questions/suggestions.
First there is this topic http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=2260.msg39366#msg39366.
Second: I don't see anemos becoming the moon on your history list. I know this is fannon, but consider it at least.
Third: What catches my eye, is that your map does not resemble a moon or a sun (I mean the shape of the land).
If you look at Lunpa's map (150 years old), the continents of Weyard clearly resemble a moon.
Fourth: How can Tolbi be rebuilt in 110 B? It is cannon that Babi ruled over Tolbi for most likely at least 150 years.
Fifth: Ummm.. well there is much to talk about, but I'm going to bed soon.

But yeah, I would like to get in the details of this. The sealing of Alchemy is still an interesting piece for me.
You might want to look in some recent story stuff, made by Lord Wolfram IIRC.

++++++++++[>+++++++>++++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>++.>+.+++++++..+++.>++.<<+++++++++++++++.>.+++.------.--------.>+.>.
View Profile
dive_darkness

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2016, 09:33:12 PM »

I never heard of a map before alchemy was sealed. Not even in game. Where can I find it ?

Also about land falling: during the discussion in Lemuria, They say that the continents ARE smaller, so where would all the land go ? Just sink underwater ? Also, Prox's land are falling down. Some random NPC says that west islet will soon fall down the Gaia Falls. Lands CAN fall down the Gaia falls, which brings me to guess that it can also come back up. (Which happen in Dark dawn btw, the island where you fight Dullahan at the end got up. It didn't just appear out of nowhere.)

I might be wrong though.

Luna Blade: it has the moon shape (a bit). And map represent the world in year 0. 0 is before the start of the journey to deal alchemy. Dunno if I wrote this and hope it clears some of your questions.

As for Anemos, had absolutely no idea. Anemos = Luna ? I always considered Sol and Luna to be a part of the mythology of Golden Sun, not real entities.

And yes, I actually planned to use this as a basis to write a plot for a game I'll create when OpenGS is finished (fingers crossed)

"I was sitting in the library when my stomach suddenly decided to demonstrate a whale's mating sound."
View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

Coins: 32

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.
Emblems: Have a nice day.

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2016, 09:39:26 PM »

It's the Holofloor in Lemuria, which shows the golden map and Lunpa's map. Then you have your actual world map (with a couple minor errors, one in particular being in Indra), the map in GS1 (which is obviously revised a bit by the time GS2 comes around), and the map in Dark Dawn (only Angara and the outlying seas) to make comparisons with.

So overall, you actually have five maps to work with. But yeah, there hasn't been much evidence of major landmasses going over the waterfall yet. Not that there has been prior evidence of some of the islands and settlements in Dark Dawn existing before (despite supposedly being around for decades at that point), but still.

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW
dive_darkness

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2016, 09:49:23 PM »

RE-Edit:

Went again through the wiki. Land can fall over into the void. It MAY be able to come up, but there's nothing officially said, only hints about it. The continents get smaller and smaller because they just sink (duh, I'm an idiot for not thinking about this before).

Time to redo everything from scratches, yay, I love to do this.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 10:36:08 PM by dive_darkness » Logged

View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2016, 10:36:59 PM »

Well, it only shows you two; it's just that you also have three actual maps that you can use regularly across the three games. So you have a total of five maps, with two being pretty tiny and only appearing once in a cutscene. There is a screenshot of each down this page if you're curious.

As for Dark Dawn and land coming back up, I was honestly under the impression that the erosion from GS2 got worse rather than better. This is mainly because the ocean around Angara still maintains a similar shape as in GS2, but with the edge of the world being closer to Angara in Dark Dawn (especially Izumo).

Champa also moved pretty far from its original location as well, which I guess they never bothered to explain in Dark Dawn. Either that or the Eastern third of Angara dissolved almost entirely.

Actually, taking a good look at those maps, it looks like Apojii might be completely gone by the time Dark Dawn rolls around. Does it count as major? :o

It's also possible that Crossbone is coming back up, but the map comparisons make it look more like the island where you fight Sentinel in GS2. Dark Dawn's map is weird.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW
dive_darkness

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2016, 10:51:10 PM »

My head hurt just looking a DD's map and trying to superpose it on GS:TLA's map, let's just ignore it for now.

I guess I'll stick to the canonical moon-shaped continent and Lemuria as the big central isle. Note that on the map shown in Lemuria, Apojii and Izumo aren't there. So do they separate from either the moon-shaped continent or Lemuria ? Looking at the people you meet on both islands, Izumo would have come from the main continent (maybe it was just east of fujin temple ?). But apojii is weird then. It would come from Lemuria, seeing it's position in GS:TLA, but their people, well, don't look like lemurians at all. No trace of them there (heck, all traces of any civilization don't just disappear like that. And people living on apojii archipelago lives in houses built with wood and the roof is just leave stacked on top of each other.)

View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2016, 10:58:42 PM »

Haha, sounds good.

If I had to guess, the big blob is either Lemuria or Indra, and the two Rock islands probably came off of both Angara and Osenia. Indra may make more sense given that Madra apparently used to be north-ish of Alhafra, as they used to be trade partners apparently (plus there is nothing to indicate that Lemuria itself used to be a part of a continent).

Going to get back to my schoolwork now, so I hope that helps.

View Profile WWW
dive_darkness

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2016, 11:08:19 PM »

It does, thanks for the help !

I'll redo all of this tomorrow. It's midnight where I am. I'll just stick to drawing a correct world map first an then write up a rough timeline of the events. And then I'll go for a good plot.

View Profile
zman9000
Luna Clan

Lord Zed

Excellent Member

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2016, 12:28:50 PM »

I think the most interesting thing about the land and the world map is the fact that... while a few islands are on the edge, you haven't heard of any islands falling off the map, even though you can clearly see that even in the past 150 years there has been major change to the world. and despite all that, the one island that is farthest out actually has the edge of the world eroding around it. which makes perfect sence, because its not like all the land masses are just floating on the water. if they were, with everything that happened when the venus lighthouse was lit, i'm pretty sure most of the islands and continents would have been pushed off of the world.

besides you can't have a waterfall at the edge of the world with out land. infact, by what we can see from like the underwater detail (the depth) in places, we can actually see that there may be sunken islands, and that the entire edge of the world has a lip on it, which is how the water flows off in a water fall. if it didn't it would look totally different.

Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx
View Profile
dive_darkness

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2016, 12:53:24 PM »

Good point. Didn't think about this. Which means that clear areas in the ocean would be where the land were drowned.
But then, if you have the kind of lip over which the water fall, it means that there is a bottom to the ocean (might sound stupid, but it isn't.) knowing that no matter how much water falls into the ??? Below, it never runs out. So there is a place where water gets into the ocean to fill it up. Then the continents getting smaller (apart from moving around because of earthquakes and other natural disasters) is because the sea level is rising when alchemy is sealed. What do you think about this ?

Also there's still the problem of Prox. Land north of Prox is still falling. So when you unsealed alchemy, did the land got back up ? If so, then following te same idea of the ocean having a bottom floor, the ocean's surface would grow. And with the sea level going down, islands could "come up" the Gaia falls.
If the land around Prox isn't growing back up, well the world is deep in @#$% (look at Mars lighthouse's position near the void. 1 little earthquake, land cracks and say goodbye to alchemy)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 12:55:47 PM by dive_darkness » Logged

View Profile
Luna_blade
Luna Clan

Great Member

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2016, 02:42:56 PM »

I never heard of a map before alchemy was sealed. Not even in game. Where can I find it ?
There is none. I'm only saying there is a map from 150 years ago. The sealing of alchemy is much longer ago.
Also about land falling: during the discussion in Lemuria, They say that the continents ARE smaller, so where would all the land go ? Just sink underwater ? Also, Prox's land are falling down. Some random NPC says that west islet will soon fall down the Gaia Falls. Lands CAN fall down the Gaia falls, which brings me to guess that it can also come back up. (Which happen in Dark dawn btw, the island where you fight Dullahan at the end got up. It didn't just appear out of nowhere.)
I might be wrong though.
Consider the landmasses falling down/coming up fannon.
Luna Blade: it has the moon shape (a bit). And map represent the world in year 0. 0 is before the start of the journey to deal alchemy. Dunno if I wrote this and hope it clears some of your questions.
Yeah well, the land masses in the middle are a bit moon shaped. My fannon dictates that ALL of the landmasses form a moon-shape.
As for Anemos, had absolutely no idea. Anemos = Luna ? I always considered Sol and Luna to be a part of the mythology of Golden Sun, not real entities.
Nobody is entirely sure. But it is likely that Anemos replaced the moon or that there are actually two moons in Weyard.
And yes, I actually planned to use this as a basis to write a plot for a game I'll create when OpenGS is finished (fingers crossed)
Nice!

Quote from: dive_darkness
I guess I'll stick to the canonical moon-shaped continent and Lemuria as the big central isle. Note that on the map shown in Lemuria, Apojii and Izumo aren't there. So do they separate from either the moon-shaped continent or Lemuria ?
The middle continent is Indra. Lemuria might be just an old part of Indra. But the whole thing is 100% not Lemuria.
If I had to guess, the big blob is either Lemuria or Indra, and the two Rock islands probably came off of both Angara and Osenia. Indra may make more sense given that Madra apparently used to be north-ish of Alhafra, as they used to be trade partners apparently (plus there is nothing to indicate that Lemuria itself used to be a part of a continent).
It is very easy to forget that, this Lunpa map, probably doesn't even have Lemuria on it (cannon). He made the map during his travels and Lemuria was his last place to visit.
Also for the sake of keeping Lemuria hidden, he never placed it on the map (fannon).

EDIT: I wanted to post this earlier, but something went wrong.

++++++++++[>+++++++>++++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>++.>+.+++++++..+++.>++.<<+++++++++++++++.>.+++.------.--------.>+.>.
View Profile
zman9000
Luna Clan

Lord Zed

Excellent Member

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2016, 04:48:21 PM »

There is none. I'm only saying there is a map from 150 years ago.
You say this, but one map that is shown in that cut scene is said to be from when Lemuria still traded with the outside world. which didn't they say they shut them self's off when alchemy was sealed?

and the second map is the one from 150 years ago.

the current map you have in game in gs 2 its accurate too the games after two lighthouses were lit and the wave smacked the two continents together. there is no map of the world at the start of the original games.

its actually kinda bad, since we don't have a view of how badly the world looked, because the wave that collided with the continents actually put the continents back in relative correct place, where they should be.

View Profile
Luna_blade
Luna Clan

Great Member

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2016, 06:14:15 AM »

Oops... You're right.
Thanks for reminding.

View Profile
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
Today at 12:08:05 AM
Atrius: Thanks for letting me know, it should be fixed now.
Yesterday at 11:47:02 PM
Fox: Okay cool.  Speaking about broken things = There was some error I've known about for awhile now:  When you try to upload something to the Downloads section. The user may think the upload failed, but it actually succeeds. - I wonder if that was one of the few things? And whether that could be fixed if it hasn't yet.
Yesterday at 11:42:01 PM
Atrius: Oops, that wasn't even supposed to go up.  So, our hosting company moved the site over to a different server, and I was just updating some settings to fix things that broke in the move.
Yesterday at 11:39:18 PM
Fox: @Atrius: Probably going to need to update the Maintenance Description... I was confused at first, but it says 20 Mar 2017.
Yesterday at 07:29:35 AM
dawnbomb: can someone link me the discord
Yesterday at 04:52:32 AM
Majora: That's hilarious, lmao. I thought it read like something you might have written, Fox, was almost unsure if it was a bot at first
September 18, 2017, 03:01:57 PM
Fox: Yeah, he copied this post: http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=1425.0
September 18, 2017, 02:57:48 PM
Fox: (Although, not sure about the last part, it just feels strangely familiar for some reason.)
September 18, 2017, 02:56:43 PM
Fox: BOT ALERT! Kill it, kill it! I think it copied one of my posts? :P
September 17, 2017, 12:58:02 AM
Fox: Not saing we actually need those ofcourse (we don't?), but more saying that minorities could get too attached to them.
September 17, 2017, 12:54:47 AM
Fox: I think it's interesting how Facebook likes to start things, and then retire them. For example, Advanced Search, and E-mail. - They seemed like pretty fine features in my opinion, but retiring them because most people aren't using them at that time? I'm not sure if they know what they're doing, but it sound like they don't. :P
September 14, 2017, 12:59:16 PM
Fox: (At leat when I think about establishments...)  ; Oops, pardon my rudeness... .I forgot to welcome you back.... Well... WElcome back! We are glad you've returned.
September 14, 2017, 12:52:57 PM
Fox: (Just want to clarify that "founded" may be an actual word, but sounds weird the way it was used.)
September 14, 2017, 12:47:42 PM
Fox: Cringy? Let me check... Hm... Low number of posts [check] (5 posts) ; misspellings/grammar [check] ("Toturial" (Torture-ial?) , ; founded, ehh.... double past-tense?) ; The best part is at least the posts have a positive attitude! (That may be the most important part?) :)
September 14, 2017, 05:59:01 AM
KeinoGSTLA: back then my posts were so cringy lmao
September 14, 2017, 05:58:39 AM
KeinoGSTLA: damn feels good to find this place again
September 10, 2017, 04:27:04 PM
Fox: I don't suppose there is anything else? ;; Hmmm... What if a Big Brother game was similar to ... er.... Exit/Corners .... which seems to have a Trust system. 
September 06, 2017, 11:02:17 AM
Plexa: Honestly we haven't looked into that ... I completely forgot about it until now!
September 06, 2017, 05:44:33 AM
Fox: (Referring to the box/crate that would allow you to get stuck.)
September 06, 2017, 05:43:42 AM
Fox: Is SW Atteka Islet the only one that forgets to update the heightmap when save/resetting? ... The Move pillar seems to update it fine... Hm.

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise