Golden Sun Hacking Community
April 20, 2018, 04:14:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Project ??? -> overworld map  (Read 4683 times)
dive_darkness
Full of ideas, and prone to help if you don't need it.

Coins: 0

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2016, 05:55:30 PM »

Okay, we're getting closer to the end of the map (finally !)

Atteka done. Indra done. Only west Gondwan, hesperia and South Angara to do and we're finished.
Now for the bad news: I actually made a huge mistake on Indra. If you look closely and compare it to the GS2 map, you'll see immediately that the mountains are wrong. I tried to correct it but... Too late >< small mistakes were unavoidable, but I failed pretty badly on that point.
Still I'm satisfied with my work so far.

Last update this week-end I hope. Just one hour to add to my 10 others on this thing (10 hours of actual drawing and coloring, not just looking and comparing with the official map.)

I'll also make a Scan of the map for a much better quality for the last update.

* image.jpg (2645.53 KB, 3264x2448 - viewed 241 times.)

"I was sitting in the library when my stomach suddenly decided to demonstrate a whale's mating sound."
View Profile
dive_darkness

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2016, 04:16:17 PM »

Yo guys, Last update for the map. Everything is done and coloured. Total work time is around 10 hours of pure work (not counting the time spent lost in my toughts while drawing.

Thanks guys for the feedback.
Feel free to use the map as a model/basis for a real in-game one.

Here you go: scanned HD pic so you guys can zoom on everything.

Now for a small full description:

- Northeast island - Treasure Isle
- under treasure island stands Izumo, with it's well known Gaia Rock
- east of Izumo is the Illusive Forrest.
- Continuing to the east, Strago archipelago, and next to it the Coral Ring
- South from all that is the Apojii Archipelago, with the mysterious Aqua Rock
- Southeast stands the Frozen Island
- Lemuria doesn't need much explanations. You can see the old town and new town on the easter peaks, standing above the fjord. The legend says that you need a lemurian Captain to lead you to the port, because the path in the giant cave is extremely dangerous. On the southeast of lemuria you can see the Cave of Time.
- Continuing with the islands, but on the west side of the map this time. At the top you can see the small Snowy islet.
- the biggest island on the west side is Kalt. A cold microclimate there gave the island it's name.
- In the water you can see one of the many reefs on the map. but further south you can see the small island of Lahiho.
- the last island on the west side is the Old Forest. A place considered by many as sacred, and extremely dangerous.

Now for the big part ^^

- Norther red dot on the main continent is the Mars Lighthouse.
- Straight to the East stands the Mercury Lighthouse with the town of Imil.
- You can see a purple peak higher than others between those two, a bit south. This is the Aleph Mount, with the free town of vale at it's foot.
- Straight east from aleph mount, south from Mercury Lighthouse, you can see Kolima, and mogall just under.
- walking west of mogall will lead you to the Altin Peaks and the Lahmakan Desert.
- Just south of Lahmakan, you can see Champa and Ankohl. Two great and powerful cities.
- center-north, clearly, the Karagol sea.
- Just under Karagol is Suhalla, the desert, on the town with the same name.
- Just east of the desert is the Venus Lighthouse.
- Going a bit back up on the map, north-west of Karagol, you can see the Wild lake, and the wild mountain range. Legend says that tribes lives deep in the mountains.
- Now straight west from Venus Lighthouse, west of the great Fjord, stands Jupiter Lighthouse, and just a bit to the south (not on the map) stand Anemos, with it's big temple, built in honor of Luna and Sol.
- Now back on the east side of the continent, below suhalla, you can see the Lake Mist.
- Southeast from the lake, below the "^" shaped mountains, stand the Dehkan Mountain range.
- If you go southwest from there, you can't miss this gigantic plain. This is the Fields of Wind
- if you go west from the southern exit of the plain, you'll see the Great Mangrove. A small fishing town stands there.
- now straight east, you'll see two things. the first one is Yampi, a desert, and the second is the plain in which stands Air's Rock.
- Straight south from Air's rock, in a Valley, stands Garoh.
- East from Garoh, once you've crossed the mountain range there, you'll see a misty place. This is the Taopo swamp.
- under taopo, you'll see a big forest. This is Mar Forest.
- Continuing east, across the plains, you'll wind up in another desert-like place. This is the fields of sand.
- The southernest moutain range is called Toundra. It's peaks are always frozen, and snow during summer melts only a little bit.

all places aren't marked by red dots/pink dots. I just named the places on the spot, so you can name them however you want.
thank you all, again !
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 05:01:02 PM by dive_darkness » Logged

"I was sitting in the library when my stomach suddenly decided to demonstrate a whale's mating sound."
View Profile
Fox
Fox McCloud, the Hacking Doctor
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

Coins: 28

I am: certainly not a Gallant!
Clan Position: Head Gallant

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2016, 07:19:25 PM »

Good job.
One small problem though... is the dimensions of that image suppose to be 1,024px × 841px? (Since your last image is larger.) I know that photobucket resizes images down. (Which makes it nearly useless for large image projects.) I have noticed others that keep the original size, though... like tinypic (Edit: imgur). (And urls are small enough too.) So just those two things alone could make it easily replace photobucket, if you know what I mean. (Except I do still use photobucket.)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 01:19:26 AM by Fox » Logged

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Remember kids! Before you go on that interview, remember to wash your hands in teawater! *Coughs on hand* (Excuse me, I just coughed up a little teawater, so they're still clean!) You wouldn't want that hiring manager to be unimpressed.

May the force be with you!
Shoo! Why does it smell in here?
Maybe that's the wrong kind of force. *smirk*
View Profile
dive_darkness

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2016, 11:44:41 PM »

Absolutely no idea what it's dimensions are ^^'
I used photobucket because i have an account on this site. I'll look at Tinypic.

View Profile
Fox
Fox McCloud, the Hacking Doctor
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

Coins: 28

I am: certainly not a Gallant!
Clan Position: Head Gallant

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2016, 01:13:08 AM »

Actually.. no.. it wasn't tinypic.. they have the same issue as well.
It was imgur.com... that's what I meant.... I completely forgot/got them mixed up. (Shame on me for not realizing until I looked it up myself...)
[small]I use to use tinypic a LONG time ago... before I moved to photobucket... I don't use tinypic anymore, though. And I strongly recommend to NOT use it... because you're images could get deleted in the long term. (At least when uploading as a guest, anyway.)[/small]

Mistakes happen... but now you know!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 01:30:25 AM by Fox » Logged

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Remember kids! Before you go on that interview, remember to wash your hands in teawater! *Coughs on hand* (Excuse me, I just coughed up a little teawater, so they're still clean!) You wouldn't want that hiring manager to be unimpressed.

May the force be with you!
Shoo! Why does it smell in here?
Maybe that's the wrong kind of force. *smirk*
View Profile
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
Today at 02:46:36 PM
KyleRunner: Atrius!!
Yesterday at 11:29:46 PM
Atrius: @Fox, I tried, but for some reason Mario Golf won't boot, and Mario Tennis crashes when you patch out the text compression, and I'm not sure why...  The normal text loading functions in them are basically the same as the ones in the Golden Sun games.
April 16, 2018, 07:44:36 AM
Drake baku: So it took about halve a hour of letting my lap stay off for it to suddenly work again
April 16, 2018, 07:31:28 AM
Drake baku: All of a sudden fox his editor gets errors. When trying to start it, thing worked fine yesterday...
April 14, 2018, 01:04:37 PM
Fox: @Mario Golf/text editing = Nope... And it may be awhile yet. I think I looked into it before... (at least for GS1)... but usually is the case when I come across a particular problem, that it can delay a solution for an extremely long time.
April 12, 2018, 04:27:14 PM
KyleRunner: Gee... never used discord...
April 12, 2018, 06:03:23 AM
Drake baku: I take it back, found it
April 12, 2018, 06:02:01 AM
Drake baku: But there is no discord link to be found
April 12, 2018, 06:01:44 AM
Drake baku: Everyone is on discord
April 11, 2018, 09:44:06 PM
KyleRunner: Fox, what about that tool for editing text in Mario Golf? Didi you finish it? If not, can you make a version of gstoolkit compatible with it?
April 11, 2018, 07:41:25 AM
Drake baku: Mauw
March 30, 2018, 07:26:11 PM
Salanewt: Hi!
March 29, 2018, 07:37:45 PM
ThanatosTheDark: YYEEEOOOOOO
March 12, 2018, 02:21:06 AM
Fox: say*
March 12, 2018, 02:20:53 AM
Fox: I saw we need an event this April Fools/Easter... because two holidays are in one, why would we not want to miss having something special? (Unfortunately, there's no one here to make an event be successful.)
March 12, 2018, 02:18:17 AM
Fox: And since that's the case...  I have thought of another fun experiment idea. - What if we had an auction on who should run this site, and waited for 10 people to bid and also for a bare minimum of 24 hours. Who would bid the highest, and how much would that bid be? - The idea is more for lulz (Maybe for April Fools?), and a theory to get an idea of how much the site might be worth as well.
March 11, 2018, 03:02:31 AM
Fox: Creepy, isn't it?
March 10, 2018, 02:19:04 AM
Fox: It's frog legs now.. It's something that's dead, but somehow still manages to wiggle.
March 09, 2018, 04:12:17 AM
JamietheFlameUser: I think this place is still dead.
March 02, 2018, 09:43:18 AM
Pkmn-Master: Lol I haven't been here in like 6 years. How is everyone?

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise