News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Air's Rock Is Weird

Started by zman9000, 20, December, 2015, 11:54:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zman9000

I'm sure you have noticed some weird stuff about how airs rock is shaped if you have ever played through that area. on one side there's ledges that stick out of it as you climb up.
However we normally think how it looks is based off of the over world sprite, which is in reference to the real life air's rock.

However I don't think it looks anything like the over world sprite. in fact Its more like a tower. (with spiky ledges on the sides.)

However my evidence isn't too solid. its mainly based on the fact that i always thought the big room in airs rock was located in the center of it.

This is a picture from my Rebuild golden sun in minecraft of the entire out side of Air's rock stitched together. While i haven't built the inside due to some issues, I marked the area where the center room would be.

[spoiler][/spoiler]
if that room is the center, then airs rock would look vastly different then we all think.

What do you think? Am i just looking to hard at it? I'm merely interested since i suggested the idea of one day making the entire airs rock in minecraft and that includes that which we can't see, so i kinda gotta know the shape.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

leaf

It's possible that there's just a lot of empty space in air's rock. The ancients didn't *have* to remodel the entire interior, after all. What's more, we never see the leftmost side of it, so it could potentially stretch pretty far.

That said, all four rocks are just recolors of each other, so we can't know for sure, but I would suspect that the rocks (including unseen space) should be *roughly* the shape of the overworld sprites. Maybe a bit fatter or thinner, but probably the same general shape.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]