News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Sunrise and Affiliate Banners

Started by Rolina, 30, May, 2016, 11:19:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolina

Yo, quick question. Sunrise has been working on refreshing its look, and part of that is that we're redoing a lot of our images and icons. As such, we're wanting to redo our affiliate banners to fit with the new look. As such, I figured we should get approval from each of the sites for their new banner.

For the GSHC, I based it on the default skin's new topic icons.  Since the site is about mods and hacking, I went for Golden Matt in representing it.  Let me know if you're okay with it:

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Yay! It's nice to have more people finally working on GSHC affiliate images. - I get the feeling the blank/transparent space above/below may look a bit odd, though.... but maybe I should wait for someone else's opinion before I assume something that may be nothing.  Hmm... 96px × 32px ? I see... 3:1. Three 32x32 tiles, or twelve 16x16 tiles.

P.S. = Should this topic be merged with the other topic? (http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=473.0)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Luna_blade

I like it, except for the eyes...
They look a bit... weird.
"Hear the sounds and melodies
Of rilets flowing down
They're the verlasting songs
Whispering all the time
As a warning that behind some rocks
There's a rigid grap even
Oreads fear the tread"

Yes, I noticed that... It looked edited... and then I noticed the "Golden Matt"... so decided not to bring it up.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Rolina

Quote from: Luna_blade on 30, May, 2016, 12:02:48 PM
I like it, except for the eyes...
They look a bit... weird.
It's ripped straight from the games.  Other option I figured made sense was Golden Sveta.

@Merge:  I'm asking this as admin of Sunrise, not as just another member.  I don't think it'd warrant it.

You are an admin there? Cool...

This topic did get me interested in making another affiliate image, though... My current progress is in attachment. I probably should have posted it in the other topic b/c it is supposed to be for general use.

Not trying to make a point... But if you saw these two images (Pretend like they represent two different sites.) Which would you click on first? (Me: Idk.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Caledor

for what is worth, the one i like the most is atrius' one from the linked thread. Just not green... but i think that the same pattern with blue/purple tones like the site background is would be perfect.

Rolina

@Fox:  I'd click on the one that Sunrise uses, that matches all the icons that a certain witchy-admin made for the new skins. :P

Rolina

Okay, with that out of the way, here's the icon for Sunrise.  Please use this as our affiliate banner: