News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Maps as They Appear in Memory

Started by superjeenius, 03, August, 2016, 03:10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superjeenius

Sup everyone (or whoever there is),

Not sure if this has been dumped in a convenient format before, but as part of my research into maps/exits and how they are stored in RAM I modified the editor to dump the maps to files so I could more easily look at/mark up any map I need to.  Not sure if anyone else could use them, but I'll upload them so anyone who might want them can get them.  The standard zip file has the different layers all combined into one pretty image, but I'll also upload the raw surfaces (3 per map) if anyone would have any need for those.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38053386/GSRips.zip
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38053386/GSRips_raw.zip

EDIT: That feeling when I was working on this about a month ago, finally get all these prettied up and ready to post, post them, and THEN see this topic.  Hahahahahahaha.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Hello, and welcome to Golden Sun Hacking Community? I assume that this is your introduction topic, and we're partying in the Golden Sun section now? (I wish I could come up with a funny statement, but it's not working.)

QuoteEDIT: That feeling when I was working on this about a month ago, finally get all these prettied up and ready to post, post them, and THEN see this topic.  Hahahahahahaha.
Yeah, if there any questions on anything about the data, there is a pretty good chance that we (mainly me, and a possibility of Salanewt/Lord Squirtle, since Atrius seemed to have abandoned GS.) might know something. (And even if we don't, a pretty good chance that we can figure it out without too much difficulty... as far as research goes. ...and depending on procrastination levels.) - And of course... I do have the incomplete documentation in my signature. Anyone is free to add stuff to it if they want. (Editable by anyone with the link/so everyone.) Just be careful not to mess anything up. (In which case, it should be possible to undo.)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)