News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Charon's Gallery

Started by Charon, 16, March, 2009, 05:15:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolina

I'm... guessing you're trying something new for the person?  I mean, their head's all... wonky, so I'm guessing you're trying a new style or something...

Charon

Experimentation, yeah. Boredom too. Blah. It's definitely the eyes (they're always a problem when I do non-line based styles), I'll fix it once I get home. I need to practice different styles to really get any better though, so that's why I try to mix things up like this.

[spoiler=Geddoe Work]
I work on this at school, so that's why this hasn't been getting many updates.[/spoiler]

The reason for all this Suikoden themed artwork is because SuikodenFC on Deviantart has really inspired me for some reason...

Rolina

Eh, not so much the eyes as the whole head looking off.

Charon

Really? I mean, I'm not offended, but I seriously think its the eyes... I'll look into it later... >_o If I really hate it I might just crop to the bird, but I should be able to fix it enough.

Rolina

The head is too big
Even for the head size, the nose is HUGE and really doesn't look proportioned properly - looks like it's jutting to the left, and not out like it's supposed to.
The eyes in my opinion are the least of the problems with the head.  It's honestly mostly proportions and positioning...

Charon

o.o

I'll keep that in mind then. I'm experimenting with blending and it might be caused partially with that. I haven't done a style even remotely similar to this style since July so thanks for pointing that out. I wish people would do that on my art thread on other forums...

Rolina

You need someone who's blunt and doesn't care if your feelings get hurt.  That's how you improve, not by "Oh... it's a good job, I like it, +Fav" x40 like you'd get from Deviant Art or the like.  Basically, ask people who aren't afraid to not be nice.

Charon

Oh yeah, I really wish I got that more often to be honest. Actually on a lot of forums I don't get any response at all so I can't really get anything from that. But seriously, I respect the crits. Thanks. :)

Rolina

Just post them here.  I'll bash the flaws every time. :P

Charon

Project for school. Renamed for very obvious reasons.

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

OH NOES! It's Pedobear! Quick, hide all the little kids!

Rolina

They didn't get it?  Wow, your teacher really isn't tech savvy, are they?  You don't need to spend long on the internet to figure out what pedobear is...

Charon

Lol my first flash animation.

leaf

Hm... I can't view it in firefox for some reason.

Quote from: Role on 04, March, 2011, 11:55:38 AM
They didn't get it?  Wow, your teacher really isn't tech savvy, are they?  You don't need to spend long on the internet to figure out what pedobear is...
Man... The english language really needs a singular gender-neutral third-person pronoun that isn't "it."
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Charon

Might be something wrong with your Flash Player, I can view them fine in IE 8 (at school lol)

I'm gonna do one with Yoshi from Yoshi's Adventure with the Chocobo song. Why? Cuz. It fits her personality.

Salanewt

I have the same problem with Firefox, so it is likely the browser. I ask to open it, and then it plays for the full duration of 0 seconds. However, I shall try downloading it later, and then I will try Internet Explorer on my mother's computer.

Is there something that you can type to describe the animation, or is it more of a random animation?
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Charon

It's just a green bird flapping its wings. Its rather shoddy quality actually, lol. Maybe I should try linking to Deviantart?

Salanewt

It might help, actually. I am certain that it is not Adobe that has the problem, as it tries to open it in Winamp when I download it. This might actually be why I can not watch it, but a different browser is still more likely to help.

So yeah, would you please put it up on Deviantart for us?
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Sleipnir36