News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Trump-bait / The Presidential Debate

Started by Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas, 19, October, 2016, 11:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you think should win the election?

Neither one? Let's start over! (Most obvious answer.)
1 (25%)
Hillary Clinton
0 (0%)
Both both both! I love them to death! They should be king and queen. (Even if that makes them cheaters.)
1 (25%)
Neither one? Let's start over! (Most obvious answer.)
2 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 4

charon the ferryman

Tomonews is actually a news agency from Taiwan. Well, I dunno about "news" but they are certainly entertaining to watch their animations.

Menaus

With all the new info coming out from wikileaks/veritas, I think it's safe to say Clinton's campaign is over. Especially with the FBI reopening the case against Clinton. There'd have to be a miracle Trump scandal that's both real and something that people care about for the election to go Clinton's way.
"You state that I have misinterpreted my results, and it looks as though you believe my views to be unsound. Your arguments are those of an eminent scholar. I was myself a fair scholar. For years I pondered, so to speak, day and night over books, and filled my head with sound views–very sound ones, indeed—those of others. But I could no[t] get to practical results. I then began to work and think independently. Gradually my views became unsound, but they conducted me to some sound results." - Nikola Tesla

Rolina

You seriously underestimate the capability of humanity to plug their ears and pretend nothing is happening.

charon the ferryman

Her poll numbers are already slipping

can you imagine the disbelief if Trump actually wins

actually could you imagine explaining to someone in 1996 that clinton would lose to DONALD TURMP

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

I think that Rolina has a point, though..

Even if poll ratings do drop, we need to see if it stabilizes that way... or rather if it is only affected b/c this is a recent event that people are reacting to, and then stupidly disregard it later on... I figure that a great number of people may be solid with their votes (I mean, you can't blame them for not wanting a "seemingly-idiotic" president, but Hillary doesn't deserve it either.) , so who knows what it'd take...

It's November, though... so there's really not much time.... so no idea what to say.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

charon the ferryman

I can't possibly care about two pieces of cancer that are running, so the best I can do is at least make some quick comedy quip about it.

I don't blame you...

Was mostly replying to how I think it isn't yet "safe to say her campaign is over"... until it actually is over. (In reply to Menaus.)

Cancer is an interesting comparison. I like that. In fact, it may be exactly what it is.., United States has a cancer and it is spreading (When the election actually happens), where's the antidote when you need it? :D
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Menaus

Quote from: Rolina on 01, November, 2016, 08:00:52 AM
You seriously underestimate the capability of humanity to plug their ears and pretend nothing is happening.

I'm not talking about my vain hopes of how the election will swing. I'm talking about the reaction real people are having to what has come out. Sure, there are people who are diehard democrats who will vote democrat no matter what, but those don't matter and never mattered anyway. What matters are the independents and soft supporters who actually decide the election because they are the marginal voters. Clinton might have plugged her ears, but even her cronies are starting to lose it. And O'Keefe hasn't even released his latest video which is supposed to be the most damning.

Don't think I'm saying all this on a positive note. I have as little faith in humanity as you do, and that's exactly why I'm expecting the election to go to Trump.

@Fox

Quick, spurious changes in public opinion matter more the closer they are to the election. If the Trump "pussy" tape was released within a week of the election I would bet he would've lost. But also we need to consider the fact that all these leaks on Clinton have been cumulative. The newer stuff has tended to be more and more damaging, and it comes consistently. That keeps it in your mind: every time you learn of another scandal on top of the previous one you remember the previous one.

I'm not saying a Clinton loss is set in stone: that it is an exact certainty. When I said safe to say, I meant that it was likely given the information we currently have... and that's the best anyone can do. I probably sounded more sure than I actually am, or should be, by using that phraseology, but that's what I meant.
"You state that I have misinterpreted my results, and it looks as though you believe my views to be unsound. Your arguments are those of an eminent scholar. I was myself a fair scholar. For years I pondered, so to speak, day and night over books, and filled my head with sound views–very sound ones, indeed—those of others. But I could no[t] get to practical results. I then began to work and think independently. Gradually my views became unsound, but they conducted me to some sound results." - Nikola Tesla

charon the ferryman

I honestly have no idea who will win tomorrow. I'm voting Duke Nukem.

Same. I just want to go with what my hunch was and say Hillary... and then say Donald, you better win it you idiot! Because you're an idiot. :D And we're going to get one anyway! And then laugh at them both when Johnson wins it.

( ^ I meant in role-playing.)

Hillary's vice president choice isn't that good either....?

Hopefully whoever wins will just win by two votes. (Hopefully it's obvious what I am referencing... - Which would be something from one of Hillary's speeches.)

---

All states were won between Hillary and Donald... so see my point with the poll?
Trujmp wins. He won  Florida. Not all votes counted yet, but the forecast seems to imply he didn't need to win Florida. (In which case it would have been pretty close.)
Although, if we went by Popular vote, it is close right now... --
58,909,774 votes (47.6%)
58,864,233 votes (47.6%)

Now, now, let's see if he'll even do anything. I'm not interested in having a Wall, but interested in knowing if that was all talk or not. Also interested in the final results of ObamaCare, etc. But note, Congress is quite an important thing, also. - There's a Republican majority in both the House and the Senate... so Trump shouldn't have an excuse for doing nothing. :P - However, that majority is pretty small, if you ask me. - So whoever is out there developing a Trump game, you have lots of work!

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

charon the ferryman

Yeah. Reupublicans won everything! The House, and the Senate.... And not by a long shot for any of them, either....

Which means we can reasonably say BYE BYE OBAMACARE! And then resume to having our Affordable TrumpCare? :P Edit: Which is probably just as crappy?

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

charon the ferryman

It's probably because everyone and their mother is sick of PC politics. Oh well. Hopefully they won't set the country on fire.

As long as they don't limit my access to hormones or try to reverse the rec. marijuana laws I really don't care. Conservative politics bugs me but I'll suffice. At least 1/4th of the US population lives in a state with recreational weed. This might be a huge step in finally killing the war on drugs.

charon the ferryman

Sorry for the double post but

PEOPLE ARE HAVING THE MOST RETARDED MELTDOWNS RIGHT NOW. Christ you'd think these people would at least treasure the last few months of Obama they have if they're that terrified. I know Breitbart is a pretty skewed source but come on I'm laughing my @#$ off right now. my fave is probably

"9/11 never forget 11/9 always regret#notmypresident"

It's also showing just how uneducated the left really is. Honestly, this just paints a dismal picture of how 90% of the US is retarded - either for being overly liberal or overly conservative. It's amazing, but also amazingly depressing.

Luna_blade

"Hear the sounds and melodies
Of rilets flowing down
They're the verlasting songs
Whispering all the time
As a warning that behind some rocks
There's a rigid grap even
Oreads fear the tread"

Yeah. Wow....

While I think it's kinda cute for them to compare it to 9/11... I really doubt that it is anything even close to that... (Even if a few dumb things may happen.)   But I guess we'll see, huh? :P

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

charon the ferryman

When Trump actually starts setting up concentration camps I think we can start making 9/11 comparisons.

Also, the Hitler comparisons are very annoying. Hitler took at least 4-5 years to rise to enough power after being elected to really start putting immense pressure on Jewish people, and it took around another 3 years to get to the point of actual extermination. Term limits pretty much prevent this scenario at least being solely attributed to Trump. Since its embedded in the Constitution at this point it will be nigh impossible for him to reverse it in time. Furthermore, the German people were financially desperate and suffering from a massive depression that lasted around a decade - the American people are nowhere near as desperate. People are saying "if you want to know how history happened" but they show a complete lack of understanding of the history.

Also, being 70 years old kind of limits his ability to do damage across a decade. He'll be 74 in 2020, and 78 (!!!) by the time he actually is unable to rerun. Compare this to Hitler being 45 when he was elected chancellor.

At that point, it'd be worse than 9/11, yeah... But then I'm also looking at the fact that it is just 4 years until another election... I'm pleased that we have a Democracy and not one of those Dictatorships....

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

charon the ferryman

Some of the claims I've already encountered:

-There are already (somehow) increased murder and suicide rates (somehow) attributed to Donald Trump winning the presidency (often followed by increased violence after the election, without thinking about potential causes)
-Everyone who voted for trump is misognyist/racist/homophobic/whatever
-Trump will harm LGBT (I see no evidence for this directly and while Pence is concerning, I don't think he will be able to reverse current legistlation)
-Trump will put women/black people back 100 years (absolutely nothing actually suggests this outside of his crass pre-election behaviour)

None cited outside of clearly biased websites of course. As a skeptic this has me pretty triggered lol. Had no idea the people were this @#$%&*! stupid. Man, people are more worried about Donald Trump than the complete lack of CRITICAL THINKING. It's like everyone is having a 3 year old tantrum right now.

Menaus

Trump is a upstate New York conservative. Historically, conservatives from there have been very liberal on social issues, and what Trump has said is pretty much in agreement with that except abortion.

Most of the negative Trump stuff is straight up fear mongering and propaganda. As mentioned above, none of it is based on fact, and if it is, it's usually twisted beyond reason. Nobody who calls him a fascist has even a clue what fascism is. What's even more hilarious is that, somehow, someway, the media has taken the position of the white supremacists when it comes to Trump. See, over on /pol/ the white supremacists think Trump isn't actually a white supremacist and was just put into power by the Russians and they control him. Good job media, you demonize Trump for being a neo-nazi, but then you take a page out of their own book.