News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Error message

Started by Drake baku, 15, April, 2017, 01:59:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drake baku

Hello all, long time no see

a few weeks ago I started up on my old project, starting from scratch after having learned from past mistakes that corrupted the file beyond fixing (which was one of the reasons I stopped, having to take a break, not feeling like redoing it al again, but my own life also got in the way as time passed)

anyway, I have been working on my wife's old laptop at first, windows 10, outdated laptop in general
it worked perfectly, finally got all the classes to work as they should
but we both got a new laptop as mine old one pretty much died (it works but each time i shut down a program it loses files, data and such (broken harddrive)) and her old one was on its last straws (the editor being one of the few things it could still handle)

But here comes the problem
On my new laptop, also windows 10
Yesterday during editing I kept having an error message each time I wanted to change one of the images for items and psynergy's
but with the press of ignore it continued working, it just had issues with loading random images (being select-able and functional but just showing the image)
knowing the images by heart I could work with this, no problem

BUT, today it took a turn for the worst, No matter what I do, what compatibility mode I try and so on
I keep getting the same error, and this one does not allow the editor to work by pressing ignore....
all I can do is press abort

the error is

ERROR in
action number 1
of Trigger Event: Trigger0
for object obj_stresstest:

Error defining an external function.

does anyone here know what to do and what is causing this in the first place?
I doubt its a compatibility issue seeing my wife's old laptop, where it worked fine, and my current laptop are both windows 10
but at any rate, I am already getting sick of my new laptop like this and feel like I am forced to abort the project again all over (and seeing the list of projects I started but never got to finish due to being to large (mostly is with written projects) or technical issues like this, I really want to finish this one as its just getting longer and I am more and more getting annoyed at my bad luck with computers)

Atrius (He/Him)

You might need the files I've attached to this post, put them in the same directory as the executable.  It's supposed to automatically extract them as needed, but if it's in a place where it can't create them that error could happen.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

QuoteERROR in
action number 1
of Trigger Event: Trigger0
for object obj_stresstest:

Error defining an external function.
If what Atrius doesn't work... then you could also try restarting / dunno... I get this type of error sometimes too ... seems rather random to me....

It is possible Atrius could be on to something, and maybe permissions are set up so that if accessed, other apps can't access it. ... Or rather, some glitch like that.... (No idea, though... Just a random hunch. I should look more into it if it ever comes up again.)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Drake baku

I see
Well for reasons beyond my understanding it starts up agaij just fine (well i changed its conpatibility again and thus i guess i got it right now)

Still have the errors for trying to look at item and psynergy images, but i can ignore those