Golden Sun Hacking Community
December 16, 2017, 08:26:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [RELEASE] Golden Sun Reloaded  (Read 27303 times)

I need saves to test encounters in GS Reloaded!

Great Member

Coins: 13

« on: December 22, 2016, 08:56:07 PM »

Hi guys n' girls.

Here it is, the long awaited sequel to "The Balance Age", which contains everything from the old mod + a lot of new stuff.

The goal, as always, is to provide a harder and not too straightforward game, meant to be enjoyed by players that are quite knowledgeable with the game mechanics and want to try other things than Megiddo & Summon Rush.

But let's get into details.

Fight Classes: New and revamped classes, stat bonuses in 5% steps, partial classes removed from TLA, magic resistance stat tied to class.
Spoiler for Classes:
Class chart HERE.
HERE instead you can find a txt file that lists every perfect class setup (hence, no djinn wasted) that can be created in TLA with this mod.

Felix's and Sheba's starting classes now are different from Isaac's and Ivan's respectively. Inspiration for their classes (both in names and spells) was taken from Rolina's Class Tweaks for TLA.
Jenna and Piers have a completely new set of classes made almost entirely from scratch: Jenna's classes are mostly mage-ish while Piers' are mostly warrior-ish.

Each class line has a Magic Resistance value (WRD in the class doc) that alters damage taken from Base Damage attacks. For example a 95% WRD means that a character in that class will take 5% more damage from Base Damage attacks.

A fourth three-elemental class has been added to EVERYONE, to fill the djinn combination gap left by the other three. So, Venus/Mars characters gain the 5 Venus 5 Mars 4 Mercury class and Jupiter/Mercury characters gain the 5 Jupiter 5 Mercury 4 Mars class.

Isaac Characters: Characters' base stats and starting levels rearranged. Piers levels up faster. Stats gained at level up are fixed and unaffected by RNG.
Spoiler for Characters:
Characters' base stats were rearranged to balance them out and at the same time make differences between them more striking, cause those changes are (for the most part) reflected by the stat multipliers of the base classes. For example: Sheba is now everything that Ivan was: best caster and frailest character. Ivan also gained more attack. Piers improved with more PP and HP at the expense of Felix. Piers is also a better caster than Isaac now. Mia has now second best PP but also second worst ATK.

Characters also have more innate HP (they gain less from Djinn though) to make them more resilient to summons; luck grows with levels to complement the changes made to the debuff mechanic. Leveling up doesn't depend on RNG anymore.

In TLA, Jenna starts at 4 and Piers levels up faster (while still being the slowest).

Buy Items & Equipment: Weapon categories system, new items added, tweaked MANY others. Some treasures have been rearranged in TLA. New attribute "Ailments" found on equipment.
Spoiler for Items:
Almost every piece of equipment has been tweaked.

The Golden Rule: Each piece of equipment found/bought in the game is stronger than anything (of the same type) you could find at an earlier point in the game and weaker than anything found later. Shops (and now chests too) have been changed accordingly.

Weapon categories
  • Long Swords: standard weapon
  • Light Blades: -Atk, +Agility, +Defense
  • Axes: +Atk, -Def
  • Maces: -Atk, -5% Unleash Rate, +MaxHP/Power/Ailments
  • Staves: --Atk, +5% Unleash Rate, +MaxPP/Power
  • Ankhs: --Atk, +5% Unleash Rate, +Power/Luck/Ailments

Ailments boosts the chance to hit enemies with debuffs, negative statuses and anything else that requires a Luck check on the enemy. It directly increases the percentile chance by the amount shown on the item, just like how the Criticals attribute increases the chance to unleash.

Each forgeable material now has a "target level range" and the places where they can be found have been changed accordingly.
Tear stone: ~21. very early eastern sea.
Stardust: ~23. early to mid eastern sea. Taopo, aqua rock and early gaia rock.
Sylph feather: ~25. Mid to late e.sea. Ankhol to Lemuria.
Dragon Skin: ~28. early w.sea. From right after grind till shaman village.
Golem Core: ~30. Contigo till reunion.
Sala Tail: ~33. From reunion to Loho.
Mythril silver: ~35. Loho to Prox.
Orichalcon & Dark Matter: After teleport.

Each piece of equipment forged from Dragon Skin (sans boots) bestows psynergy.

Attack Unleashes: All attack based unleashes use multipliers. Unleashing mages are now a viable option.
Spoiler for Unleashes:
The standard unleash rate is now 30%.

Armageddon's (Megiddo) multiplier is now x2.4, Ceres' Legend and Heaven Vengeance had their added damage part reduced.

Some unleashes had their element changed. Among the most notable ones, Acheron's Grief changed to Jupiter and High Vitals to Mercury.

Every unleash of non-staff weapons uses a multiplier to increase damage. Staves' unleashes are ALL base damage type.

Psynergy Psynergy: New psynergies added. Max PP stat increases damage dealt by Base Damage psynergies. Reviving tweaked, group healing costs MUCH more. Healing mechanic tweaked. Power and Resistance cap raised to 255. Last psynergy is learnt at 42.
Spoiler for Psynergy:
New psynergies: Tyrfing (Venus equivalent of Quick Strike), Meltdown (Mars equivalent of Quick Strike), Punishment series (Single target Jupiter base damage spells, base power 50, 135 and 240 for each tier), Boon series (from DD), Heal series (Group healing Venus psynergies), Bravery/Courage (Venus Impact/High Impact), Raise (Mars equivalent of Revive), Remedy (a single target Tonic). Poison and Paralyze are available.

The new base damage formula is Damage = (Base Power + MaxPP/8) * Elemental_Factor * (1+(MaxPP/1024)).
PP cost for base damage psynergies recalculated from scratch with a custom made formula I wrote in order to make Power weight more than range.

Group healing and reviving psynergies cost MUCH more, as well as the strongest single target healing psynergies. Reviving effects now have ALL a 100% success rate BUT Revive, Raise, Water of Life, Lich and Phoenix revive only to 50% HP.

The Necromancer's Call Demon/Dullahan are base damage type spells. Call Dullahan is now the strongest base damage psynergy in the game. The Pierrot's Card and Juggle series are also stronger. Frost Card is the strongest Mercury base damage psynergy in the game, Bramble Card and Thunder Card have a chance to debuff their targets.

Drain and Psy Drain are stronger and never miss.

Endgame EPAs except Quick Strike, Tyrfing, Meltdown, Minotaur and Annhilation have a chance to debuff the target or to partially ignore defense.
All EPAs are multiplier based, endgame ones are now closer in power to unleashes.

Elemental Power doesn't affect healing spells as much as before (half of the original bonus/malus).
New formula: HP healed = Base_Power * [((Ele_Power-100)/2 + 100)/100]

Revive Buffs, Debuffs & Ailments: Debuffs are now useful against bosses. ST Buffs/Debuffs have lower duration. Defense buff/debuff are stronger, Resistance ones are weaker
Spoiler for Buffs, Debuffs & Ailments:
Haunt triggering rate is 40%. Characters wrapped in Delusion can't unleash and regular attacks miss more often. Death Curse's countdown starts at 4 instead of 7.

Resistance buffs and debuffs increase and decrease resistance by 15/30 instead of 20/40, and they cap at +-60 instead of +-80.
Defense buffs and debuffs are stronger: buffs go from x1,1875 to x1,75 (in 4 steps as usual).
Similarily, debuffs go from x0,8125 to x0,25.

Single target buffs/debuffs have lower duration and base infliction rate than MT buffs/debuffs. Ailment infliction rate and ailment recovery chance aren't dependant on elemental level anymore.

Luck higher than 40 grants immunity to stun and sleep.

New formulas:
Ailment/Debuff Infliction chance: [(Caster's_Level/4 - Target's_Luck/2)*3 + Base_chance + Ailment_Bonuses + Vulnerability's_25]*Area_multiplier
Ailment Recovery Chance: Luck - Level/2 - Turns*5 + Base_chance

Venus Djinni Djinn & Summons: Summon rushing isn't possible anymore, summons have been rebalanced. Most Djinn have improved, the strongest ones were nerfed. Djinn grant less HP.
Spoiler for Djinn & Summons:
Summons' HP% Damage nerfed from 3% per Djinn to 2% per Djinn (Daedalus: 5% the first attack and 10% the missile instead).

Summons Base power is 35-70-130-220 for the standard 4, Zagan 60, Megaera 65, Flora 120, Moloch 125, Ulysses 210, Eclipse 310, Haures 320, Coatlicue 400, Dedalus 140+340, Azul 500, Catastrophe 520, Charon 580, Iris 750.

Summons that require more than 2 djinn won't appear right at the start of a battle. After the first turn, 3-djinn summons become available; after the second, 4-djinn summons become available and so on, with Iris available after the 7th turn has passed (6 and 7 djinn summons are unlocked in the same turn).

Catastrophe requires 7 djinn to be summoned (5 Ju, 2 Me), Charon 8 (6 Ve, 2 Ju) and Iris 10 (6 Ma, 4 Me).

HP gained from Djinn more or less halved.

Reflux is multi-target. Shade and Flash reduce damage respectively by 50% and 66% instead of 60% and 90%. Vine, Mud, Gasp and Fury deal base damage. Ember restores 10% of PP, Ether 35% and Aroma 12,5%. Balm and Spark revive to 50% HP instead of 60%. Crystal heals 60% of HP.

Alex Enemies: Stronger in general. New enemies and new enemy abilities added. Full overhaul in TLA, with more enemies per battle on average.
Spoiler for Enemies:
Every enemy has higher stats and those that uses psynergy have maxPP equal to their levelx5 (if it isn't already higher) so they can benefit from the PP Multiplier. For some enemies (especially in TLA), the element they're weak to got changed.

In TLA enemies and enemy groups have been completely revamped from start to end.

For some enemies (especially in TLA), the element they're weak to got changed.

Treasure Isle overworld area now has enemies from the Eastern Sea lands. The Northern Reaches overworld area has a completely new set of enemies.

Enemies use Break less frequently.

sell Drops: Notable drops that changed from the original version. Forgeable materials are dropped earlier.
Spoiler for Drops:
Sea Dragon (Lv 24)       -> Tear Stone         1/64
Mad Plant (Lv 25)        -> Herbed Shirt       1/1
Living Armor (Lv 25)     -> Star Dust          1/64
Cerberus (Lv 26)         -> Virtuous Armlet*   1/64
Harridan (Lv 27)         -> Sylph Feather*     1/64
Magicore (Lv 28)         -> Mystery Gloves*    1/128

Turtle Dragon (Lv 28)    -> Storm Gear         1/128
Slayer (Lv 29)           -> Lucky Medal        1/64
Wyvern (Lv 31)           -> Dragon Scales      1/128
Blue Dragon (Lv 32)      -> Dragon Skin        1/64
Ghost Soldier (Lv 32)    -> Gloria Helm        1/64
Grand Golem (Lv 32)      -> Golem Core*        1/128
Wise Gryphon (Lv 33)     -> Aeolian Cassock    1/128
Hell Chimera (Lv 33)     -> Knight's Greaves   1/128

Mini Death (Lv 34)       -> Salamander Tail    1/64
Minos Warrior (Lv 35)    -> Casual Shirt       1/128
Devil Frog (Lv 35)       -> Divine Camisole    1/128
Aka Manah (Lv 35)        -> Ninja Sandals      1/128

Gillman Lord (Lv 36)     -> Caladbolg          1/256
Ocean Dragon (Lv 36)     -> Clotho's Distaff   1/256
Pyrodra (Lv 36)          -> Triton Ward        1/128
Puppet Warrior (Lv 36)   -> Silver Greaves     1/128
Nue (Lv 37)              -> Alecto's Mace      1/128
Bane Wight (Lv 38)       -> Dark Robe          1/256
Mad Demon (Lv 40)        -> Ker's Weight       1/256
Aeshma (Lv 40)           -> Lachesis' Rule     1/256
Spirit Army (Lv 40)      -> Selene's Bracelet  1/256

Balrog                   -> Sol Ring           1/1
Sentinel                 -> Luna Ring          1/1
Star Magician            -> Iridial Ring       1/1
Dullahan                 -> Mind Ribbon        1/1

*TLA Only. Also Earth Golems don't drop Giant Axe anymore in TLA.

Status  Download Links:
Patch for Golden Sun: The Broken Seal: HERE
Patch for Golden Sun: The Lost Age: HERE
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 09:23:28 AM by Caledor » Logged
View Profile

Novice Member

Coins: 0

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 04:34:42 PM »

muchas gracias! con ganas de esta actualización. feliz navidad!
View Profile

Great Member

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016, 06:34:58 PM »

First release of Golden Sun Reloaded IS UP!

Merry Christmas everyone!
View Profile

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2016, 06:14:00 AM »

For the love of god, make a changelog. I know that like, everything is changed, but, I also have no real way of making sure that everything is changed the way you want it to be changed.

Like the time Sheba's psynergy hit for summon power. Or resistance power text changes. Or free high levels drops on birds.

Never forget why you started playing.
View Profile

Great Member

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2016, 12:12:24 PM »

Oops forgot to link it.

THIS is the most detailed list of changes from The Balance Age. It's a bit outdated though, so you have to include:

• Light Blades boost Defense
  • Treasure rearrangement in TLA
  • Enemy changes in TLA

Sadly i don't think i kept a detailed list of treasures rearranged, but the "Equipment's Golden Rule" is enough to tell if something isn't where it should be.
View Profile

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2017, 10:43:38 PM »

Lemme know whenever you've put out a version you think it's worth doing a full playtest of.

View Profile

Great Member

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2017, 12:50:06 AM »

This one. Technically all that's left to do is to remove the RNG factor from leveling. Aside from that and bugfixes I can't really see myself making further improvements to this mod after 2 years

Also, happy new year :D
View Profile

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2017, 04:23:44 AM »

Alright, that sounds like a green light for me and anyone else who was waiting to do a full feedback run-through. Look for the beginning of it in the next week or two, no promises.

If it's anything like the playthrough I did forever ago, expect complaints about sheba having the durability of wet napkins and djinn battles directly assaulting the well-being of the player with their difficulty and damage.

View Profile

Great Member

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2017, 01:28:54 PM »

I haven't tested anything myself but my opinion is that both issues are related only to the earliest part of the game... i'd say till level 10 at most. After that point you have already enough versatility to face almost anything that comes at you.

About Sheba, i don't remember when you did your last playthrough but since TBA's v1.34 she has the best "Magic Resistance" stat in her base class, reducing all base damage taken by 15%.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 04:09:06 PM by Caledor » Logged
View Profile
dive_darkness
Full of ideas, and prone to help if you don't need it.

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2017, 01:02:50 PM »

I don't know if I'll play your hack. I'm getting tired of playing GS. I cleared the games a good 15 times now. Did you correct the Caladbolg ? I remember that it was a pretty bad weapon in Balance Age compared to when you could find it.

"I was sitting in the library when my stomach suddenly decided to demonstrate a whale's mating sound."
View Profile

Great Member

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2017, 03:54:55 PM »

@Caladbolg: I remember you telling me about it and i remember making some changes but not the details: it's been 6 months after all.
View Profile

New User

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2017, 09:14:15 AM »

Im currently playing the updated mod and enjoy  it so far :)
Just got access to the ship and my first destination in the eastern sea is yallam.
The most notable experiences so far for me:
- the beginning of Osenia was hard. fast and hard hitting enemy encounters on the overwold and yampi desert were a little nightmarish to deal with. Even Felix just  barely survived 2 attacks. My paranoia to encounter 3 Emus was real xD
- the Kibombo mountains were intereting as i was not used to seeing  the pixie survive a turn of multitargeted psyenergy. There was always a chance to get wiped out because of the sleep spell(pixies)and sleep bomb(assasins) and not beeing able to deal with more than 1 pixie in a turn was problematic as i did not have mutltitarget healing availible yet and their multitarget psynergy drained more health than I can heal which woulldnt be such a problem if they didnt have resist. Oh boy the encounter with 3 pixies...
-The Gabomba Statue was less problematic  now that  I have a full party, but to be fair I didnt encouter a group with more than 1 demon
- love that the staff of anubis is now purchable in the shops in Kibombo
- now in Yallam with a full lvl 20 party and ready to explore the swamps, foolish enough to believe that the swamps were the easiest part of the eastern sea... and my first encounter after leaving Yallam was this group of enemys:
Gillmann
Nightmare
Sea turtle
Well wasnt expecting that! XD
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 11:15:52 AM by Seestern » Logged
View Profile

Great Member

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2017, 01:22:34 PM »

Glad you're enjoying it!

Also thanks a lot for your feedback, it will be useful for when i'll be doing my own playthrough. ;)

View Profile

New User

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2017, 08:40:34 AM »

Hmm I have trouble changing in Tri-elemental Classes. Felix with 3 Mars 3 Jupiter should be a Shinobi right? But he stays as a Ruffian!?
View Profile

Great Member

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2017, 03:32:21 PM »

You are correct, and I already know why that happens, but sadly I can't work on a fix today. Thanks a lot for reporting and sorry about that, it's due to a very stupid mistake of mine.
View Profile
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
Today at 05:19:46 AM
Majora: Perfect. Thank you!
Today at 04:45:37 AM
Atrius: Also, you can put use [nobbc][/nobbc] to show bbcode without it being parsed.
Today at 04:22:03 AM
Atrius: The bbcode wasn't designed to handle "https://youtu.be/" links.  It should be fixed now.
Today at 01:06:01 AM
Majora: Read that sometimes SMF doesn't like YouTube's https links, seems to have the same issue with http as well
Today at 01:04:59 AM
Majora: Sorry lol, didn't realize it would embed the player into the chat. At least that works! tl;dr: embedded YouTube videos fail to appear in forum posts
Today at 01:04:07 AM
Majora: Just noticed this, not sure if it's already been mentioned but it looks like the forum is breaking embedded YouTube links in posts using BBCode [youtube][/youtube] tags
December 13, 2017, 09:19:38 PM
Fox: Okay, so that Summon Night games adds the fram number to the seed, before generating another seed via mul/add....  (GS1-GS3 never adds the fram number.) ... So um, that makes sense! ;  Summon Night:  ((seed + frame) * 0x343FD + 0x269E3C) >> 0x10 ; Which is also on the list here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_congruential_generator
December 12, 2017, 11:10:45 PM
Fox: Yes, and there could be contests. Maybe ones where 1st/2nd/3rd place get a cash reward, but eh. Dunno.... Kind of thinking about making a topic about how people got their job, and what was their experience. (e.g. Did they use references of people already working in the job, and various other things.)
December 09, 2017, 04:24:14 AM
Majora: Import old forum posts for reference, perhaps take posts containing important info like documentation away from the old stickied forum post model and make them into their own pages on a site with an in-built search bar. Might help with SEO, too. If nothing else, perhaps whipping them into PDFs and hosting them via Scribd? The possibilities are boundless when it comes to restructuring a site
December 09, 2017, 04:20:02 AM
Majora: Just a nice idea to have even if it doesn't come to fruition. Updating, modernizing, always a good idea. Could probably do something pretty nifty using a good Wordpress theme
December 09, 2017, 04:15:45 AM
Majora: Would be kind of neat to do something like that for GSHC. Could change it up a bit to show all tweets/instagram posts/facebook posts/golden sun subreddit posts all in one sidebar. It would be cool in that it gives the site it's on (and the topic in general) appear more lively and active, which is a plus
December 09, 2017, 04:14:19 AM
Majora: That does sound interesting. One cool thing I've seen some sites use is a sort of unique take on a sidebar option that acts like a social media integration (like, "See GSHC's latest Tweets"). It displays activity from a variety of related sites, such as Reddit, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
December 09, 2017, 12:58:53 AM
Fox: And the way it'd work via code is not that all users would instantly get nicknames the minute you register... but rather, the moment you view a name if it doesn't have a nickname, it gets one. (My Thoughts.)
December 09, 2017, 12:53:55 AM
Fox: (I was thinking that it would be "Name (Nickname)" ... The nickname is what you first known the user as, and you can change that yourself... and the Name is what the user wants to be called... Something like that.
December 09, 2017, 12:47:56 AM
Fox: So like... for starters, one idea I had was to make it so anyone can name anyone... much like how it works on Skype, and you (the namer) would be the only one to see it, and such...
December 09, 2017, 12:45:02 AM
Fox: Would need to be carefully thought out and tested, though.
December 09, 2017, 12:43:02 AM
Fox: I'm thinking I could make it so that name changes can happen whenever... (Without any limit)... Since I believe there's a way to do it with minimum confusion. (I think.) Hmm....
December 09, 2017, 12:31:36 AM
Fox: (I mean an offline version... at least initially.)
December 09, 2017, 12:25:01 AM
Fox: Now that I have thought about it a bit more, would I be right to assume that GSHC would be one of the most interesting websites to administrate, or no? It's sad to see not much going on with it. == I almost want to make a concept website at some point. :D Anyway, how is everyone doing today?
December 06, 2017, 12:12:59 AM
Fox: Like... Start using Github or something... Do like how many of those other projects such as Citra (WIP 3DS Emulator) does. Etc.

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise