Golden Sun Hacking Community
December 16, 2017, 08:43:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [RELEASE] Golden Sun Reloaded  (Read 27308 times)

I need saves to test encounters in GS Reloaded!

Great Member

Coins: 13

« Reply #255 on: August 31, 2017, 10:29:20 PM »

There's a limited amount of slots for psynergies and the only way for many classes to make remedy fit was to replace other things. A trade i'm willing to make if all it takes to CP outside of battle is pressing two buttons to downgrade. ;)
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Template maker turned lurker

Alchemist

Coins: 10

I am: wondering if we can get our clan position changed...
Clan Position: Grand Overlady of Jupiter

« Reply #256 on: September 01, 2017, 12:07:43 AM »

No, I think they were saying that Remedy should be flagged to work in fields/dungeons as well as battle.  That's just a flag to toggle.

View Profile WWW

Great Member

« Reply #257 on: September 01, 2017, 12:26:40 AM »

That's how i originally wanted it to work, only to find that some effects do nothing outside of battle. I clearly remember having to fix that issue.
View Profile

Novice Member

Coins: 0

« Reply #258 on: September 07, 2017, 12:41:41 PM »

Sure! No problem! If it is not possible then that is fine!
View Profile

« Reply #259 on: September 09, 2017, 12:36:40 AM »

I remember trying to mess with Remedy and found the same issues. It just doesn't seem to work without tinkering with quite a bit more under the hood.

Never forget why you started playing.
View Profile

Great Member

« Reply #260 on: September 14, 2017, 05:51:04 PM »

TBS patch updated to v1.62 hf2 to fix an issue with the summons' HP% damage
View Profile

Novice Member

« Reply #261 on: September 15, 2017, 03:13:02 PM »

Is there a list of items that were removed just like Giant Axe?
I am curious about Gloria Helm for example. Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 03:18:45 PM by MadJak91 » Logged
View Profile

Novice Member

« Reply #262 on: September 16, 2017, 02:25:43 AM »

Hey Caledor,

Just finished up my play-through of GS1, so I'd thought I'd let you know how that went.

The only bug I caught is, well, weird. I'd imagine you can't fix it. Just a side-effect that happens from editing the game's code.

Here is an image of me transferring a Djinn from Isaac to Ivan, nothing seemingly weird here.

Though, if I tab over to Ivan's stats before actually moving Djinn, you can see the stat changes are completely different from the initial preview. The second picture is actually what will happen. Not sure if this one is in your control, but I'd thought I'd show you regardless.
Edit: I'd like to mention that this happens in more than one place, this is just one example.

That out of the way, here are my thoughts and suggestions.

• Hydros Statue seemed a bit tough, but maybe I just suck? It was a while back but I got wiped quite a few times and didn't really struggle with any bosses for the same length of time as this one.
  • Similarly, Deadbeard seemed too easy, though maybe level 31 was a bit high so it just seemed that way.
  • The change to Vine (not sure when you made it, hadn't played in a while, lol) make a near-useless Djinn extremely valuable. I think it actually might be too strong on Mia/Ivan due to the damage it outputs vs. their attack stat, especially if you consider it's AoE.

I think that about covers my thoughts. Moving on to the Lost Age! Gold Password and all. I'll let you know how it goes!

Good luck in continuing your mod!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 02:27:39 AM by Chronotakular » Logged
View Profile

Novice Member

« Reply #263 on: September 16, 2017, 07:50:01 AM »

I don't remember Hydros a Statue being as deadly and unpredictable as Killer Ape; but it IS definitely very difficult to kill.  It's got a lot of HP, and has a bad habit of dragging things out with repeated Pure Ply castings.
View Profile

Great Member

« Reply #264 on: September 16, 2017, 09:26:50 AM »

@Chrono i tried briefly but i couldn't replicate the bug. Try patching a clean rom again and let me know if it keeps happening. Good luck with TLA!

@MadJak There isn't really a detailed list but they are very few. Another item that can't be found anymore in TLA is the cursed staff. Anyway, if you keep spotting drops that don't behave as you'd expect report them to me, so i can fix the list on the first post. And yes, Gloria Helm was missing from the list as well. It's dropped by Ghost Army in JL.
View Profile

Novice Member

« Reply #265 on: September 16, 2017, 03:32:22 PM »

@Chrono i tried briefly but i couldn't replicate the bug. Try patching a clean rom again and let me know if it keeps happening. Good luck with TLA!

The first time I caught it, I had trouble replicating it as well, but then when I saw it again I took screenshots because I knew I might not come across it again. Not a huge deal in terms of a bug though!

I don't remember Hydros a Statue being as deadly and unpredictable as Killer Ape; but it IS definitely very difficult to kill.  It's got a lot of HP, and has a bad habit of dragging things out with repeated Pure Ply castings.

Killer Ape did give me some trouble, but I just remember Hydros Statue spamming Aqua Breath and wiping my team, even with a 2 wish setup.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 10:15:32 PM by Chronotakular » Logged
View Profile

Novice Member

« Reply #266 on: September 17, 2017, 01:11:35 PM »

What is the intended behavior of the Olympus Rage unleash?
Because it seems to be capable of instant death. That is alright but... the effect also just worked on Dullahan. Makes him really easy if it connects, haha.
View Profile

Great Member

« Reply #267 on: September 17, 2017, 01:30:24 PM »

Yeah, it has the instant death property but it shouldn't work on enemies with 40+ luck. i just checked the ailment table and it's correct, so i don't know what's the cause atm. i'll have to investigate.
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Template maker turned lurker

Alchemist

Coins: 10

I am: wondering if we can get our clan position changed...
Clan Position: Grand Overlady of Jupiter

« Reply #268 on: September 21, 2017, 05:12:11 PM »

Check dullahan's resistances maybe?  Might have typoed them and accidently made him vulnerable to it... :/

View Profile WWW

Novice Member

« Reply #269 on: September 25, 2017, 07:48:32 PM »

Unless you fix it in the meantime, I will try using other instant death unleashes on him if I have the time. Although I guess it does not matter what weapon you have? It is about some fault in his resistance... Dunno.

Question: How concerned are you with mistakes or typos in the script? There are a few mistakes I spotted at the very end when using the Mind Ribbon on Prox villagers but since this is mostly a gameplay patch,  I suspect script mistakes were always there.
View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
Today at 05:19:46 AM
Majora: Perfect. Thank you!
Today at 04:45:37 AM
Atrius: Also, you can put use [nobbc][/nobbc] to show bbcode without it being parsed.
Today at 04:22:03 AM
Atrius: The bbcode wasn't designed to handle "https://youtu.be/" links.  It should be fixed now.
Today at 01:06:01 AM
Majora: Read that sometimes SMF doesn't like YouTube's https links, seems to have the same issue with http as well
Today at 01:04:59 AM
Majora: Sorry lol, didn't realize it would embed the player into the chat. At least that works! tl;dr: embedded YouTube videos fail to appear in forum posts
Today at 01:04:07 AM
Majora: Just noticed this, not sure if it's already been mentioned but it looks like the forum is breaking embedded YouTube links in posts using BBCode [youtube][/youtube] tags
December 13, 2017, 09:19:38 PM
Fox: Okay, so that Summon Night games adds the fram number to the seed, before generating another seed via mul/add....  (GS1-GS3 never adds the fram number.) ... So um, that makes sense! ;  Summon Night:  ((seed + frame) * 0x343FD + 0x269E3C) >> 0x10 ; Which is also on the list here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_congruential_generator
December 12, 2017, 11:10:45 PM
Fox: Yes, and there could be contests. Maybe ones where 1st/2nd/3rd place get a cash reward, but eh. Dunno.... Kind of thinking about making a topic about how people got their job, and what was their experience. (e.g. Did they use references of people already working in the job, and various other things.)
December 09, 2017, 04:24:14 AM
Majora: Import old forum posts for reference, perhaps take posts containing important info like documentation away from the old stickied forum post model and make them into their own pages on a site with an in-built search bar. Might help with SEO, too. If nothing else, perhaps whipping them into PDFs and hosting them via Scribd? The possibilities are boundless when it comes to restructuring a site
December 09, 2017, 04:20:02 AM
Majora: Just a nice idea to have even if it doesn't come to fruition. Updating, modernizing, always a good idea. Could probably do something pretty nifty using a good Wordpress theme
December 09, 2017, 04:15:45 AM
Majora: Would be kind of neat to do something like that for GSHC. Could change it up a bit to show all tweets/instagram posts/facebook posts/golden sun subreddit posts all in one sidebar. It would be cool in that it gives the site it's on (and the topic in general) appear more lively and active, which is a plus
December 09, 2017, 04:14:19 AM
Majora: That does sound interesting. One cool thing I've seen some sites use is a sort of unique take on a sidebar option that acts like a social media integration (like, "See GSHC's latest Tweets"). It displays activity from a variety of related sites, such as Reddit, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
December 09, 2017, 12:58:53 AM
Fox: And the way it'd work via code is not that all users would instantly get nicknames the minute you register... but rather, the moment you view a name if it doesn't have a nickname, it gets one. (My Thoughts.)
December 09, 2017, 12:53:55 AM
Fox: (I was thinking that it would be "Name (Nickname)" ... The nickname is what you first known the user as, and you can change that yourself... and the Name is what the user wants to be called... Something like that.
December 09, 2017, 12:47:56 AM
Fox: So like... for starters, one idea I had was to make it so anyone can name anyone... much like how it works on Skype, and you (the namer) would be the only one to see it, and such...
December 09, 2017, 12:45:02 AM
Fox: Would need to be carefully thought out and tested, though.
December 09, 2017, 12:43:02 AM
Fox: I'm thinking I could make it so that name changes can happen whenever... (Without any limit)... Since I believe there's a way to do it with minimum confusion. (I think.) Hmm....
December 09, 2017, 12:31:36 AM
Fox: (I mean an offline version... at least initially.)
December 09, 2017, 12:25:01 AM
Fox: Now that I have thought about it a bit more, would I be right to assume that GSHC would be one of the most interesting websites to administrate, or no? It's sad to see not much going on with it. == I almost want to make a concept website at some point. :D Anyway, how is everyone doing today?
December 06, 2017, 12:12:59 AM
Fox: Like... Start using Github or something... Do like how many of those other projects such as Citra (WIP 3DS Emulator) does. Etc.

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise