Golden Sun Hacking Community
July 23, 2019, 10:15:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 41   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [RELEASE] Golden Sun Reloaded  (Read 128922 times)

Coins: 2

« Reply #450 on: February 01, 2019, 10:00:57 PM »

Valkyrie really needs a buff or two, considering nearly every class in the game, along with their grandmothers, can buff and/or heal like she can, if not better.

As for Piers' classes

General:
I really like this class, but seeing the Ray psynergy line kinda threw me off. I would've liked to see Cool return here over Ice, since it got replaced by Wave then by Prism in his Base Class line (what happened to Wave, anyway?). I find it strange for this class to have Gaia, seeing as how Gaia has become FAR more common than it used to be, and while it's sporting Ray, one of the weakest/weaker Jupiter Psynergy lines.

Holy Knight:
Nothing much to really say here. It's essentially Jupiter Dragoon. Solid, but Piers has better options.

Archon:
This class succeeds where Current-Valkyrie fails. Quick Strike gives this class a very strong move for damage, Liquifier for a Defense Debuff and Mars Damage, solid ST healing, and a Buff & Debuff that work very well together to reduce incoming damage.

Destroyer:
This is a gorgeous offense-oriented class. Diamond Berg and Thunder Mine for EPA Debuffs, and Meltdown to deal incredible damage. Boasting Impact+Impair to help boost the damage output, and self sustain through Drain+Psy Drain, this class is very well built. I feel that the Nova or Fire Psynergy lines replacing the Blast Psynergy would perfectly round out this class' kit, since Blast is far too weak to take up a Psynergy Slot on such a high tier class.

Honestly, I think the only possible way Piers could get any better is if there was a Draw Attacks mechanic he could use, so his wonderful bulk would get even better mileage against physical enemies.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 10:04:19 PM by Average Wind Seer » Logged
View Profile

I need saves to test encounters in GS Reloaded!

Excellent Member

Coins: 0

« Reply #451 on: February 01, 2019, 10:20:17 PM »

General:
I find it strange for this class to have Gaia, seeing as how Gaia has become FAR more common than it used to be, and while it's sporting Ray, one of the weakest/weaker Jupiter Psynergy lines.

I grant psynergy lines based on power and how much i think a class is inclined toward casting. General is a warrior mage hybrid (again, along Fury, Ninja and Valkirie), so it's supposed to be the best caster among warriors. I also wanted each of those classes to focus on a different element. Ninja is wind, Fury is fire, Valkyrie is water and General is earth. "must be good at casting" and Venus -> Gaia

Destroyer:
I feel that the Nova or Fire Psynergy lines replacing the Blast Psynergy would perfectly round out this class' kit, since Blast is far too weak to take up a Psynergy Slot on such a high tier class.

Same reasoning as above, but on the opposite side of the spectrum. Destroyer is a tri-elemental chaos lord, a purely physical class, so it's horrible at casting.

Honestly, I think the only possible way Piers could get any better is if there was a Draw Attacks mechanic he could use, so his wonderful bulk would get even better mileage against physical enemies.
I'd love that too.
View Profile

« Reply #452 on: February 01, 2019, 10:43:25 PM »

That makes sense for them. Still curious as to what happened to Wave, though.

Does Jenna have access to the Fire Psynergy in any Class line besides her Disciple(Jupiter) Class? I'm pretty sure she flat out doesn't have access to Nova yet she has Blast in her Mercury Class, which I find rather strange. I really like the graphics for Nova and Fire, so it's kinda sad that they're pretty rare, particularly for Jenna.

EDIT:
So I looked at the document you linked under the Classes tab on the first post of this thread to see if Fire or Starburst are on any Mage Classes (sadly, only Fire exists on Jenna's Jupiter class. no other Mage Class gets Fire and none have Starburst), and I noticed something peculiar with Jenna's Guru and Inquisitor classes.

The Document states that Guru should have Juggle but it has Beam instead, and Inquisitor should have Raging Heat but it has Volcano instead.

Did you scrap the idea to have those Psynergies on those respective classes?

* Golden Sun - The Lost Age [patched]-0000 (1).jpg (72.77 KB, 480x320 - viewed 76 times.)

* Golden Sun - The Lost Age [patched]-0001 (1).jpg (74 KB, 480x320 - viewed 77 times.)

* Screenshot_20190201-185043_Drive.jpg (133.14 KB, 1423x223 - viewed 77 times.)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 12:17:52 AM by Average Wind Seer » Logged
View Profile

Excellent Member

« Reply #453 on: February 02, 2019, 02:06:19 AM »

update to v1.72

about wave: i wanted it cause it was cool and fit piers' water theme, but then i found out that i didn't really need a mercury psynergy stronger than prism, and decided that it wasn't worth it
View Profile

« Reply #454 on: February 02, 2019, 02:50:40 AM »

Updating is a scary thought since I'm playing on mobile and I'm worried about losing all my progress lol

Ah, okay. That makes sense.

On a different note, I'm SUPER THANKFUL for Sanctum Warping because I had forgotten to snag the Center Prong from Tundaria Tower while I was there, and I remembered it after I had chased Briggs to Champa...

Avimander was easier than the Serpent since it didn't regenerate HP or heal itself for 500+HP.... though it did kill Sheba just before it died.... now Sheba has stolen Piers' title of slowest level rate... ha ha ha.....

I'm terrified to fight Poseidon, honestly.

By the way, what's the damage formula for the Trident? is it like Base Damage Psynergy? Because if so and it has a fairly high BasePower, Heretic Jenna and Necromancers would have a considerably powerful Mercury "Psynergy" to use.

EDIT:
Whoops, nevermind about a "strong Mercury Psynergy." Just found out that the Trident isn't Mercury Based lol Sweat Drop

EDIT 2:
I do believe I've hit the end of Reloaded HM. Poseidon is horrendously overpowered, effortlessly tearing through the party's HP Pool with attacks doing 150-280+ damage along with THREE actions per turn, and an absurd amount of HP to where it is most likely impossible to outlast his huge damage output to somehow pull out a victory. Not even buffs can save me from Poseidon's ridiculous damage output. If we could hit him with Status Ailments, then MAYBE this fight would be possible. But as it stands, Poseidon is where HM Reloaded ends unless you do an absurd amount of level grinding, and I mean ABSURD. I'm not even sure if my Lv.48 Party in my completed file would be able to beat Poseidon with Late Eastern Sea gear.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 03:23:28 AM by Average Wind Seer » Logged
View Profile

Novice Member

« Reply #455 on: February 02, 2019, 06:40:05 AM »

I'm surprised to see Piers performing so well for you. He was easily my worst party member throughout almost all of the eastern sea because he lacked good offense Psynergy (Hail Prism comes too late) and had worse attack than Felix. Late game I didn't feel like I needed a hybrid and no matter what I did he felt worse than the other warriors in physical classes and way worse than the mages in the more hybrid classes. At least he made a solid Dragontamer but that class line is horrible until very late game. What classes have you been running him in the mid game, especially around the eastern sea?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 09:24:32 AM by bpat » Logged
View Profile

« Reply #456 on: February 02, 2019, 02:28:19 PM »

I've been running Globetrotter (Jupiter) on him since it helps out his speed, gives him Boon, Diamond Dust, Astral Blast, and Impact. Piers' biggest asset his is incredible bulk, which is very helpful at some of the tougher spots in the game. Now that I have 6 of each Elemental Djinn, I'm having him run Renegade for extra attacking power.

The Tamer Class is fine throughout the game imo. Its main flaw is the odd Djinn Distribution it requires, especially since there's only 3 Item Classes.
View Profile

Excellent Member

« Reply #457 on: February 03, 2019, 04:55:22 PM »

If you have tips for Piers' classes now is a good time cause I'm getting ready to release the next version
View Profile

« Reply #458 on: February 03, 2019, 05:33:53 PM »

As far as Piers' classes go, there really isn't much I would change, aside from maybe giving General the Cool Psynergy instead of Ice.

As for people playing Reloaded, I highly suggest running Piers under Jupiter to help him catch up with the party, so he's not acting at the end of the turn (unless it's a Djinni Battle, in which case, put Felix under Jupiter for Paralyze and Piers under Mars for better damage).

Once you get all of the Eastern Sea Djinn (excluding the one in Lemuria), have Felix run Shinobi (3 Mars 3 Jupiter ) and Piers run Renegade (3 Mars 3 Jupiter ) so Jenna and Sheba can run Dual Wish/Heal so Poseidon isn't overwhelmingly difficult.

After Poseidon, what you want Piers as is pretty much up to you. After all, once you beat Poseidon, you've pretty much beaten TLA up until the Twin Flame Dragons.
View Profile

Novice Member

« Reply #459 on: February 03, 2019, 11:54:15 PM »

I'm not sure exactly how to fix these issues but Piers has noticeably worse physical damage, offense Psynergy, and speed than Felix for a long stretch for most of the Eastern Sea making him pretty bad for this stretch of the game in my experience. After that he becomes a bit better since he's the closest thing to a hybrid but I don't think hybrid is a particularly valuable niche to have.
View Profile

« Reply #460 on: February 04, 2019, 01:08:44 AM »

By the way, would it be possible to change the forging to let us choose what item we get forged instead of RNG deciding what Sunshine forges, to remove the save scumming to get what we want? or is that simply not possible within the game's systems? If it is possible, you could scale the prices up a bit to compensate for the change. heck, I have more cash than i know what to do with in HM, so forking over a couple hundred coins more for a Luna Shield isn't a problem, in my opinion. After Aqua Rock, the money in your wallet just seems to multiply at an astounding rate and you have like nothing to spend it on.

Picked Shining Force 2 back up and remembered just how god awful RNG Forging is...
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 01:12:27 AM by Average Wind Seer » Logged
View Profile

Novice Member

« Reply #461 on: February 05, 2019, 06:35:03 AM »

It may be easier just to change the odds of getting each item to all be the same or similar so you won't have to hope for the 1/20 chance to forge Excalibur and such.

Perhaps a fourth item class could help by making it easier to run item classes without someone getting stuck with a lower tier. I have no idea what a new item class should be though.
View Profile

« Reply #462 on: February 05, 2019, 07:03:40 AM »

the forging odds have definitely been made much more favorable than they were in the base game, but it's still a pain to get the certain item you want (like two Astral Circlets instead of another crummy Stardust Ring or worse, a Comet Mace).

I had an idea for a Support/Tank hybrid for a 4th Item Class, however, Caledor has stated he has no plans to make a 4th Item Class, which is understandable since he'd have to code it from scratch.
View Profile

Excellent Member

« Reply #463 on: February 05, 2019, 08:55:53 PM »

By the way, would it be possible to change the forging to let us choose what item we get forged instead of RNG deciding what Sunshine forges, to remove the save scumming to get what we want? or is that simply not possible within the game's systems? If it is possible, you could scale the prices up a bit to compensate for the change. heck, I have more cash than i know what to do with in HM, so forking over a couple hundred coins more for a Luna Shield isn't a problem, in my opinion. After Aqua Rock, the money in your wallet just seems to multiply at an astounding rate and you have like nothing to spend it on.

Not possible. I speed things up by checking the result from the memory viewer (address 020004FC). The resulting item is stored there as soon as you give sunshine the forging material, after that it's just a loop of F1 (load state) + A (confirm) until i know i'll get what i want. No moving, exit reenter whatever.

We discussed money issues a few pages ago. I tried for a bit and then decided that it's just not worth "fixing" it, as the amount work i need to put into it far outweights the benefits
View Profile

« Reply #464 on: February 05, 2019, 09:04:27 PM »

Ah, that's a shame. At least it's not *as* annoying to deal with as it was in the base game.

I noticed the discussion about the overabundance of money in the game. I think the core problem is that there really isn't anything worth buying after you get what you want from Sunshine (which isn't a whole lot of stuff, mind you). Maybe if Mountain Waters could be bought from an unlimited supply, that would help mitigate the excessive money in the Eastern Sea. I had a constant issue of running out of Psynergy as I neared the end of dungeons and had to flee battles as a result. Heck, I spent a considerable amount of time exploiting areas with no encounters to regenerate PP to make it to the end of dungeons (or to fight the Serpent).
View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 41   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
July 06, 2019, 03:44:41 AM
Salanewt: Oh, yeah there isn't an animation overhaul for GS1 sadly.
July 03, 2019, 04:54:58 PM
ryancaesar12345: GS2 Animation Overhaul w/ Baseline  ips patch in golden sun 1?
July 03, 2019, 12:03:06 AM
Salanewt: There actually is a Jupiter revive... if you're using the Animation Overhaul patch. I think Caledor made a standalone patch for GS1 too, but you'd have to ask him.
July 02, 2019, 07:34:13 AM
Fox: So like... (just a thought)...  If we designed a script to compare times for speedrunning something... goalChance represents stability (I think?) ; If it is 100%, answer results in infinite, which means you can't have 100% stability. (Meaning you'd basically be skipping all item drops/etc.) 
July 02, 2019, 07:06:08 AM
Fox: (I still want to make sure the equation is correct, though... as it did include some guessing.)
July 02, 2019, 07:04:47 AM
Fox: Was thinking .... tosses = ln(1-goalChance) / ln(1-chance) = "chance" being a single-toss percentage probability (0.00 - 1.00) , goal chance being if you did more tosses...   So that's an interesting logarithm.  Just came up with it after some research/thinking... and could maybe be useful for general use.
June 25, 2019, 02:51:42 PM
ryancaesar12345: jupiter revive animation any?
June 24, 2019, 08:05:17 AM
Fox: Such a patch would mean you need to be careful with item drops, coins, exp, etc. Because those things would then no longer be an infinite supply.  Whether or not one uses it depends on what they want to do with it.
June 24, 2019, 07:55:01 AM
Fox: (High enough being based on the area you are in.)
June 24, 2019, 07:54:02 AM
Fox: I had a thought today. What if I look into making a simple patch just for lulz.  One that works the same way as using Avoid, but it lasts from start to finish, and can't be disabled.  Avoid only works if your levels are high enough, though... so thought is to keep that as is.
June 24, 2019, 01:55:17 AM
ryancaesar12345: hi guys i have new update in Golden Sun 2 Lost Age Revise Mod.ips try this. :)
June 24, 2019, 01:54:16 AM
ryancaesar12345: where's that link?
June 24, 2019, 01:53:56 AM
ryancaesar12345: i have no account in discord.*
June 23, 2019, 08:44:52 PM
Salanewt: Although in the case of Wish, you could probably just use Breeze instead.
June 23, 2019, 08:44:36 PM
Salanewt: Yeah, it's a messaging program sort of like Skype. I find that it's much easy to walk people through some of the basics of assembly, since that's what you'll need for most animation hacks.
June 23, 2019, 09:39:10 AM
ryancaesar12345: discord? im not good in asm or assembly.
June 22, 2019, 09:37:26 AM
MaxiPower: gpnna update my thread on progress of my character art if anyones interested. :P
June 21, 2019, 07:51:44 PM
Salanewt: Hey there! Animation editing can be tricky, but I can share some notes with you if you pop in on our Discord. Are you good with assembly?
June 21, 2019, 02:59:40 PM
ryancaesar12345: and how to change a death curse turn in hex editor?
June 21, 2019, 02:50:00 PM
ryancaesar12345: and how to make animation but changing palette only like wish blue i want to change violet. for AOE healing and earth element.

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise