News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

[RELEASE] Golden Sun Reloaded

Started by Caledor, 22, December, 2016, 03:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caledor

Glad to hear that :D
I'm looking forward to hear more from you and hopefully i'll be able to start my own playthrough soon too.

VardenSalad

Just picked up Forge. Fine fight, I think: his AoE sticks because you can't AoE heal but it's not overburdening. Stick with your strongest psynergy and Flint -> Venus and it works well.

Bandits were pushovers but that doesn't mean much.

I really want to see how Tret goes. The dungeon plus the Tret fight is definitely the first challenge in GS.
Never forget why you started playing.

JustBeKrillin

Thank you for all your hard work, I'll be starting a new play through on both games starting tonight. If I find any bugs I'll report it here.

VardenSalad

Tret and the tree dungeon was a good, good experience. Tough enemies, occasionally a lot of them, good length, good PP requirement, and a nice area right before fighting Tret to get all your PP and health back by running in a circle for 5 minutes.

But what fresh hell are these Oozes before Imil? I was just in a battle against a squad of them for several full minutes because they just keep dividing and you can't kill em all fast enough. It was great.

Caledor

QuoteThank you for all your hard work, I'll be starting a new play through on both games starting tonight. If I find any bugs I'll report it here.
Thank you very much!

Quote from: VardenSalad on 26, January, 2017, 08:42:54 PM
But what fresh hell are these Oozes before Imil? I was just in a battle against a squad of them for several full minutes because they just keep dividing and you can't kill em all fast enough. It was great.
Hmm... I have some doubts about this cause Oozes have only a 1/4 chance to split... regarding their durability, instead: HP are unchanged (and are the lowest for a lv 9 enemy, ~50 less than the bears found in the area); their defense has increased a lot though, cause i wanted the slimes to be very resistant against physical blows, like Final Fantasy's Flans.

VardenSalad

I rolled poorly after attempting to take them out one at a time and a group of 3 became a group of 6 in one turn. After that, it was just a nightmare of killing oozes in between other oozes and AoE psynergy not being able to hit the remaining ones, which would split. I was only level 9 or so at the time myself and finished the Saturos fight with the whole team at 11.

Caledor

Then it's fine. You can be punished by a bad roll after failing to take them out, which happened cause you chose the wrong method: physical attacks. It would've been bad if it was a normal occurrence, but since it's non repeatable - cause you've learned from your mistakes - it's good instead. Little surprises like this one, that happen when you lower your guard, make the game more interesting IMO.

Rolina

Sorry I've not been trying this out as I'd like.  Just getting harder and harder to play on the PC, so I'm thinking of getting it for the PSP.  Well, once I get it repaired, and... that other thing.  Modded GS as it's meant to be - portable.  That'll be nice.  It... maybe a few months from now, though.  Hard to afford repairs and pay for college at the same time.

Caledor

Don't worry, obviously i'd like to hear your opinion on the new mod as well (especially after all that "less break more debuff" debate) but real life issues come first. Also, I ain't going anywhere so take your time :D

VardenSalad

Alright, I see Poison on Ruffians. Does the poison tick actually do enough damage to be worth using? It deals a percentage of HP damage per tick, right?

Caledor

Correct: poison removes 10% of HP per turn, venom 20% just like on characters. I still consider it one of the least useful status effects, around Delude's power level.

Rolina

You and I have very different views on the strength of those ailments.

leaf

Well, the strength of poison depends on what you're fighting. Against a boss, poison is ridiculously powerful, capable of shaving off several turns of combat. But it's decent to unnecessary against everything else. It'll tag on some extra damage, but against most enemies, it won't make a difference. Against player characters, poison is very strong.

Delude is just bad all around. Monster skills bypass it, and I think unleashes might too. And of course anything that isn't selected by pressing "attack" bypasses it, as well.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Caledor

Quote from: Rolina on 03, February, 2017, 07:23:33 PM
Well, the strength of poison depends on what you're fighting. Against a boss, poison is ridiculously powerful, capable of shaving off several turns of combat. But it's decent to unnecessary against everything else. It'll tag on some extra damage, but against most enemies, it won't make a difference. Against player characters, poison is very strong.

This. And since bosses are immune to poison/venom, its usefulness is greatly diminished. Also, Delude in my mod is stronger against the player cause it shuts down unleashes completely.

dive_darkness

"And since bosses are immune to poison/venom"
Damn, that means i cannot venom deadbeard with the iforgotitsname axe for an "easy" fight...

Caledor

Quote from: dive_darkness on 04, February, 2017, 05:00:52 AM
"And since bosses are immune to poison/venom"
Damn, that means i cannot venom deadbeard with the iforgotitsname axe for an "easy" fight...
Bosses (aka luck > 40) have always been immune to Poison & Venom, (+ Haunt, Death Curse & Death). I only added immunity to sleep and stun as well.

VardenSalad

Alright, something is wrong with at least a couple moves enemies know. I'm pretty sure I saw earlier in the game that a ghost using Rumble or something similar did no damage and I just watched 2 lizardmen each use Cutting Edge with no effect. It was like they cast the animation aimed at themselves.

Yeah, I doublechecked. They hit themselves with the move for no damage.

Caledor

A fix will be online very soon. In the meantime, i'll leave here a completely unrelated but funny story to entertain you guys while i fix the bug.

There was once a young forgetful man. He knew about this problem of his, so he used to remind himself all the time of things he had to do, like "i have to go buy milk" or "i have to paste animations from the italian rom, cause they don't come together with abilities". Here's the funny part: he remembered to paste animations, but forgot to paste the abilities themselves, leaving the the old ones outdated and new ones blank. Well, not fully blank, since the wonderful animations worked flawlessly... kinda... as the animations didn't know what to hit since the abilities were blank, but that doesn't really matter, does it?

Hope you enjoyed that, see you soon!

EDIT: Fix is UP!

VardenSalad

I think there may be some text issues too. A Spirit just used ?! which looks like some kind of reverse Rumble.

Caledor

Damn it...  well, i'll check them all later today. Sorry about that.