News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

[RELEASE] Golden Sun Reloaded

Started by Caledor, 22, December, 2016, 03:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dive_darkness

Quote from: Caledor on 04, February, 2017, 07:23:36 AM
Quote from: dive_darkness on 04, February, 2017, 05:00:52 AM
"And since bosses are immune to poison/venom"
Damn, that means i cannot venom deadbeard with the iforgotitsname axe for an "easy" fight...
Bosses (aka luck > 40) have always been immune to Poison & Venom, (+ Haunt, Death Curse & Death). I only added immunity to sleep and stun as well.

Is that so ? Well then forget what i said. My memory must be playing tricks on me, because i remember inflicting toxic on him with the unleash and it did ~300 after each of his hits in my very last playthrough on my cartridge.

Caledor

Ah, no wait a min. Only TLA had immunities, the original GS hadn't and resorted to very high luck to discourage statuses and I ported immunities in TBS for my mods.

Still, i was testing deadbeard specifically, since with is low venus level i thought it might have been possible to bypass his 60 luck wall with a venus status effect from issac in his base class... but the formula gave me a negative chance (=impossible) to apply poison/venom on him.

So... i don't really know. Maybe you remember correctly and there's a mistake with the formula or something else.

dive_darkness

If i do remember correctly, i think i applied venom using the axe with garet. Garet had the asura armor, spirit gloves (those dropped by manticores), the clerical ring, the thunder crown, the sport shirt, the quick boots, and i think i might have dropped his resistances with djinns before inflicting venom.

All on the french cartridge version.

Caledor

Quote from: dive_darkness on 04, February, 2017, 07:08:07 PM
i might have dropped his resistances with djinns before inflicting venom.

It doesn't matter: the formula checks for elemental levels, not resistances. that's why isaac in the base class has the best chances of success.

dive_darkness

That's good to know.

Well, my mermory was indeed wrong. You cannot venom deadbeard, but you can venom the fusion dragon in the original game. Maybe i just confused the two bosses ? Memory is tricky ><

Caledor

Actually, while Fusion Dragon has less luck than Deadbeard it also has a higher venus level which compensates perfectly (10 luck or 5 elemental levels have the same "weight"), so formula wise the result is identical: -11% chance for full venus isaac to venom FD or DB.

BTW, the fix for rumble is up.

VardenSalad

Corona drops your own party's own defense
Never forget why you started playing.

Caledor

Fixed. I also checked all djinn for other inconsistencies, and it was the only one.

VardenSalad

Yeah, no problem. Just throwing em out there as I find em.

VardenSalad

Alright, I think I'm about to hit that point where dungeon outside of bosses no longer pose any kind of threat. I've got 4 djinn on everyone and am about to set sail on the Karagol. Normally, a soon as you pick up an AoE healing, the game become a total cakewalk, so we'll have to see how it plays out.

I notice your Adept's Clothes don't have an PP regen and I know it's intentional. Breaking my heart, man.

Caledor

Hope I live up to your expectations, tell me about anything you are dissatisfied with.
About Adept Clothes isntead, wasn't it +Max PP instead of regen?

VardenSalad

Quote from: Caledor on 10, February, 2017, 07:44:47 PM
About Adept Clothes isntead, wasn't it +Max PP instead of regen?

pretty sure it was regen, but it was originally +MaxPP in vanilla. I remembered incorrectly.

VardenSalad

Alright, I beat the Kraken. @#$% Break. I know it using Ply Well is a way to make it take off a turn, but it feels like a gut punch when it eliminates a turn and a halfs worth of damage. Forcing me to use psynergy crystals to maintain Mia's healing is okay, I guess, but this thing probably has too much HP.

Either make it less tanky or remove break. The battle needs to be shorter somehow, or drop its damage and give it even more hp.

Caledor

if you have a save from before the battle i can try and let you know my thoughts. sadly the savegame compilation is not reliable anymore for tests due to the changes to stats. Still, if it's really THAT tanky i think the most i'd do is change ply well to ply and/or move break down 1 slot to change its chance to be cast from 18% per turn to 13,3%. It's not much stronger than vanilla, actually it's weaker than (hypothetical) hard mode.

VardenSalad

It's not that it's tanks, it's that there's kinda no way to fight it other than keeping two people healing and then the attacking people can never get buffs to stick. Honestly, Break is the issue. It invalidates both psynergy buffing and defeats the point of using djinn.

connoc

I'm new here so, hi...?
Been playing this hack for a while, I enjoy my time with it.

There's a question though, why is Mariner series the only class who can cast Wave? Also, is this spell meant to completely replace Cool? I think I saw several Mercury Djinn and Ghost MageI think, memory's kinda fuzzy able to cast Cool.

Oh yeah, I think I find this too, looks like the stun/paralyze effect animation is off. This was inflicted by Alecto's Mace by the way.

Rolina

Well, I think you found the real reason bosses were immune to ailments. XD

Caledor

Quote from: connoc on 12, February, 2017, 06:57:12 PM
Oh yeah, I think I find this too, looks like the stun/paralyze effect animation is off. This was inflicted by Alecto's Mace by the way.

Hi, glad you're enjoying the mod! About your questions...
why is Mariner series the only class who can cast Wave
Wanted piers to have a water theme since Mia is ice. About other class lines that could potentially have wave, there are 2 conditions to fulfill: they must already have prism (as it would replace that one due to similar power level) and must be a TLA only class line, so restricted to Jenna and Piers (cause i only have the animations for Wave in TLA). only one class line matches those 2 requirements and it's jenna's guru line. I kept prism here to preserve simmetry with mia's guru line.

QuoteAlso, is this spell meant to completely replace Cool?
Yup. Since i have a limited amount of icons available, cool's icons were used for wave's, leaving the former without icons, which leads to...

QuoteI saw several Mercury Djinn and Ghost MageI think, memory's kinda fuzzy able to cast Cool
... me not wanting to lose that psynergy line entirely, so it now belongs to the enemies, since it doesn't matter if their spells have icons or not.
That's totally not supposed to happen cause DD should be immune to stun, so i'll have to investigate. Thanks for reporting!

About the graphical issue, my first guess is that since DD's sprite is actually a merge of 2 sprites (left and right half) the stun effect just centered on one of the 2. Other "split" bosses are Poseidon, Kraken, Orochi and Fusion Dragon so the same issue should happen for them too if i'm right. They're still all supposed to be immune to it though.

leaf

QuoteAbout the graphical issue, my first guess is that since DD's sprite is actually a merge of 2 sprites (left and right half) the stun effect just centered on one of the 2. Other "split" bosses are Poseidon, Kraken, Orochi and Fusion Dragon so the same issue should happen for them too if i'm right. They're still all supposed to be immune to it though.
Kraken can be statused; it's notorious for being one of the only bosses in GS1 that status effects actually work against. And I believe stun is among them.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

connoc

I guess I'm lucky with the DD thing? lol

Speaking of Alecto's Mace, I sold two of them but not a single one appeared in Artifacts section even though the shop clerk said "Wow! It's a Rare Stuff!". I tried this again on the third one (the one equipped on Isaac) and the same thing happened. 

A pity with the wave thing though, since I like the animation. I was thinking Piers' Seafarer class should have one considering him being, you know, seafarer and all, but I don't really mind all