Golden Sun Hacking Community
April 27, 2017, 03:30:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [RELEASE] Golden Sun Reloaded  (Read 4743 times)

Coins: 0

« Reply #105 on: April 03, 2017, 02:59:29 PM »

Alright, away from computer now, and I can't find a way to move files via my phone file structure to attach. I'll get a save at Sea of Time Islet cave, one at Gondowan Cliffs without Piers (that's the most recent older save that I have, quite a bit behind current), and the Broken Seal endgame file.

For weapon unleashes that I know have this issue: the Cloud Wand, Staff of Anubis (obviously), and the Robber's Blade. Also, the Djinn Char seems to have the same issue with that spiked damage (Felix pushing 400+ unbuffed randomly) and Wheeze has the animation problem I mentioned earlier.

When I get the chance, I'll probably head back to Dalia and test unleash damage for the weapons tiny monsters.

For levels, I can guess I was at about 23/24 before doing Gaia Rock and at 27/28 afterwards. My order of dungeons was [Boat/Gabomba/Aqua Rock/Tundaria/Gaia Rock/Treasure Island (for a short bit since it's Grind-locked)/Avimander]. Currently have 6 djinn apiece and am headed to Ankohl.

Never forget why you started playing.
View Profile

« Reply #106 on: April 04, 2017, 04:22:07 AM »

Here you go with those save files.

* GSTLA Reloaded hf2 (Gondowan Cliffs).sav (64 KB - downloaded 9 times.)
* GSTLA Reloaded hf2 (Sea of Time Islet Cave).sav (64 KB - downloaded 9 times.)
* GSTBS Reloaded hf4.sav (64 KB - downloaded 11 times.)

View Profile

I need saves to test encounters in GS Reloaded!

Great Member

Coins: 3

« Reply #107 on: April 04, 2017, 10:34:24 AM »

Thanks a lot, i'll let know here how it goes as i make progress with the fixes
View Profile

« Reply #108 on: April 04, 2017, 03:06:54 PM »

I have a feeling that the Fire Worms have upset the level curve rather severely.

View Profile

Great Member

« Reply #109 on: April 04, 2017, 03:55:50 PM »

I have a feeling that the Fire Worms have upset the level curve rather severely.
Cause they're shouldn't be there. Fire worms are level 32 enemies, you're supposed to meet them for the first time in Magma Rock

EDIT: BTW the order for eastern sea enemy level wise is Gabomba, Taopo, Aqua, Gaia, Ankhol, Tundaria, Avimander, (Lemuria), Treasure.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 04:28:02 PM by Caledor » Logged
View Profile

« Reply #110 on: April 04, 2017, 05:34:28 PM »

Hmm, I'll have to remember that ordering, because I normally run Aqua to Tundaria (after Gabomba and Taopo) just to get mileage out of Parch immediately as well as start the trading sidequest. It ultimately doesn't matter too much as long as the level swings aren't radically higher.

Let me know when you get a save file immediately after you beat the Hydra on Piers' ship. I'll run the Eastern Sea again (starting with taking the boat back to do Gabomba Catacombs).
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 09:33:58 PM by VardenSalad » Logged

View Profile

Great Member

« Reply #111 on: April 05, 2017, 04:19:08 PM »

The ordering isn't strict. I just told you cause if you go straight to tundaria after aqua rock i might easily dismiss "enemies are too strong" comments cause you're underleveled.

About the issues:

I brutally pasted all the groups from my (Italian) rom once again and they appear to be fixed now.

It seems i can't to replicate the visual unleash bug nor the spike damage displayed in your screenshot. How often did those bugs happen to you? 1:3? 1:10? 1:20? To know if I should try more or dismiss it for now. Ditto for wheeze and char.

I'll be uploading a hotfix in minutes to you can immediately play an improved game. If any of those issues persist it might be the rom's fault, so upload the patched rom somewhere and send me the link to my email address

Edit: Fix is up
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 04:45:03 PM by Caledor » Logged
View Profile

Great Member

« Reply #112 on: April 13, 2017, 09:39:58 AM »

On my 600th post, Golden Sun Reloaded loses its Beta status!

With the latest patch, leveling isn't dependent on RNG anymore and will always reach the goal stats shown in the editor at levels 19, 39, 59... etc.

This will happen only in a new game though, on a game started on the Beta version level up will be fixed from the patch onwards, but it won't fix the RNG based levels you've already gained.

Credit for the new level up formula goes to leaf, full discussion is here.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 09:51:03 AM by Caledor » Logged
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Template maker turned lurker

Alchemist

Coins: 4

I am: wondering if we can get our clan position changed...
Clan Position: Grand Overlady of Jupiter

« Reply #113 on: April 14, 2017, 10:19:36 AM »

Oh, nice.  Good to see that it can't be abused anymore - I normally don't really have a problem with the way it's normally done, but when you add the luck stat this is kinda important to not break the game.

View Profile WWW

New User

« Reply #114 on: April 18, 2017, 07:45:46 PM »

Hello!

I am keeping track of this hack since the previous thread ended and now I am at the end of the game :D
Recently updated to the current version.
This post also has an end-game save attached (only Dullahan left as I cannot beat him right now so tips are also appreciated...). Hopefully it can help somehow.

I do not think I have anything new to add at the moment but noticed a few description mistakes here and there. Like the Alastor's Hood says it boosts Luck when it does not, I think.
Was Mythril Blade removed from the game? I could not get it so I uh, edited one in and it turned into a ? item, haha.

I went by the opening post and I think got all the new items (RNG manipulation) but is there anything else?

Here is a thought on Darksword.
Spoiler for Hiden:
Why did you change its unleash to Jupiter?
Now that a lot of unleashes are potentially stronger due to better elements handling, it would be a good candidate for the other Venus Adept if you choose the "cursed warrior" setup. More consistent than Tisiphone Edge. If you want to leave it Jupiter then maybe the Terror Shield should boost that instead of Mercury.
I guess you wanted a proper Jupiter sword that is consistent unlike Excalibur. Mercury has Caladbolg now and Masamune.
What is some other alternative to Tisiphone Edge for those who are not using Sol Blade?

I understand a lot depends on setups but from the basic perspective. It is of course very debatable so that is why I am asking.

This is how I currently see it in terms of "ultimate" weapons:
Mercury Mage Weapon -> Nebula Wand
Venus Mage Weapon -> Ker's Weight
Jupiter Mage Weapon -> Lachesis' Rule
Mars Mage weapon -> Atropos' Rod

Mercury Warrior Weapon (consistent)/(inconsistent) -> Caladbolg / Masamune
Venus Warrior Weapon -> Sol Blade / Tisiphone Edge
Jupiter Warrior Weapon -> Darksword / Excalibur
Mars Warrior weapon -> Alecto's Mace / None?

Like this I can see the reasoning so... I guess I need to rephrase it to: What is the next good Venus weapon for a warrior?

No comment on armor and stuff because wow, I think most of it makes perfect sense!

Thanks for the hack :D

* Golden Sun - TLA - Balance Age.sav (64 KB - downloaded 4 times.)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 07:48:16 PM by MadJak91 » Logged
View Profile

Great Member

« Reply #115 on: April 18, 2017, 09:35:59 PM »

Before everything else, thanks for playing this mod till the very end and glad you enjoyed it.

Now, about your questions:

I opened the ROM in my editor and Alastor's Hood has the correct description so... i don't really know. You sure it's alastor? and most important, did you see other mistakes? if yes, where?

Mythril Blade wasn't removed. Actually, i don't recall "removing" anything, unless it became something else like the supernova axe into Herculean Axe.

Darksword: yes it went to jupiter cause i didn't like having the top 2 strongest swords with the same element. IIRC before the caladbolg was added, i had already changed the darksword's element to mercury.

Other than that i don't think i've ever thought about splitting weapons into reliable and unreliable.
I don't even consider masamune an endgame weapon cause the gap from tisiphone is way too big... the other endgame mercury weapon is the Rising Mace. For Mars instead the other spot obviously belongs to the Herculean Axe.

Another reason for Darksword not staying as Venus is cause Ker's Weight is also (forced) venus and i wanted to variate a bit for cursed equipments. Also, i don't see the problem on the shield cause you'd probably get the jupiter bonus from the helm anyway. And if you skipped the helm cause you didn't like the HP loss, i'm telling you that i placed Jupiter there on purpose :P

Also, for me the endgame mercury staff is more Clotho's Distaff rather than nebula wand cause i tend to use staves as support rather than unleashing but they're really close in terms of power so it's fine.

So, my answer to your "What is the next good Venus weapon for a warrior?"... you guessed it, for me it's Tisiphone.

I'll try your dullahan when i have some free time and let you know here how it goes ;)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 09:43:20 AM by Caledor » Logged
View Profile

New User

« Reply #116 on: April 19, 2017, 04:11:19 PM »

My bad! It is Gloria Helm. The description says Boosts Luck, Replenishes PP but it actually replenishes HP and no Luck bonus.

Alright. I will try to get Mythril Blade then. I could not and using the save editor gave me a glitched item instead :D

I see your point about Darksword so I guess that is clear now as well!
View Profile

Great Member

« Reply #117 on: April 19, 2017, 05:12:03 PM »

You're right, i forgot to update Gloria and Millennium Helm's description after their changes for Reloaded. Thanks man!

PS. Mythril Blade's description too... I might make a quick fix for those. Let me know if you spot more!

PPS: i just tried hacking in a mythril blade via save editor and i got the blank coin as well, this is something worth investigating.

Edit: tried forging a hacked in mythril silver, got the blade at first try so it's confirmed being in.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 05:19:24 PM by Caledor » Logged
View Profile

New User

« Reply #118 on: April 19, 2017, 08:35:18 PM »

Awesome! I will give it a try then!

Hm... Let's see. Did some snooping around in the store (could only check what I have there):
Dragon Robe - Minor thing. "bestows" is not capitalized :D
Dragon Scales - Resists Fire BUT the armor also resists Water! This description is actually correct in the first game, haha!
Arcadia Mail - No mention it also boosts Luck!
Bone Armlet - No mention it also boosts Earth power!
Herbed Shirt - Debatable. Replenishes HP does explain HP regen but maybe word it in a way that also shows you can use it in battle.

Speaking of the first game... Unfortunately, I only have a cleared save left so no access to shops so no idea if there are any mistakes BUT I think I might have seen one so someone else will have to provide OR I will hack in all items on a fresh file right away when I have the time. I do not think you added any new ones there.

EDIT: Which save file editor do you have? I have GSSGEdit 2.0a for a long time now and it seems to be the only one? You also cannot hack in the new stuff but I guess that makes sense because it does not know it is there.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 08:39:28 PM by MadJak91 » Logged
View Profile

Great Member

« Reply #119 on: April 19, 2017, 10:27:30 PM »

bestows fixed, dragon scales fixed.

arcadia and bone are fire cause i omit passive bonus in the description when there's a on-use effect.

herbed is kinda fine: the description is ok cause i removed the on use effect but i still had to fix something.

@Save editor: same as yours and yes everything you said is correct.

Thanks a lot for your tips!

Edit: patches updated
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 03:24:43 PM by Caledor » Logged
View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
Today at 12:17:52 AM
Fox: (e.g. The process of reomving, replacing, adding, and/or moving around current ability effects to other index numbers.... ETC.)
Today at 12:15:33 AM
Fox: Or an Ability Effect editor, even.... But I imagine most of those would involve have patches applied to help with compatibility, and what not.?
Today at 12:10:36 AM
Fox: Hm. Oh! Did Atrius's Editor contain code from the April Fools version? Might be cool to have that, I'm guessing? - And yes, tools... even specific feature tools... Like an Intellect Editor, maybe.... If it was practical. (Not saying doable, but practical.)
Yesterday at 11:58:08 PM
Lord Squirtle: And yeah, "far less user-friendly" as an argument relies on the current lack of tools that could make using that easier.
Yesterday at 11:57:26 PM
Lord Squirtle: Since the GS editor is actually slower than using a hex editor is when it comes to classes, especially if you are mostly copying or tweaking existing classes to make full lines for them.
Yesterday at 11:56:18 PM
Lord Squirtle: Well I mean, it's the kind of effect that could easily be applied to a number of abilities if one wants. Having to open up a hex editor to use it for each of those abilities would take some time, and wouldn't really be as worthwhile as it can be for classes.
Yesterday at 11:50:27 PM
Fox: Far less user-friendly? Hm? I would say it depends on the tools/and such... For example, still haven't gotten my Exporter project done....
Yesterday at 10:07:39 PM
Lord Squirtle: But what I was thinking of doing with the unused effects was figuring out which ones are still available and combining them; averaging out the differences between each one so they make up for the ones that are missing.
Yesterday at 10:05:36 PM
Lord Squirtle: I may consider moving the effects to the end of the effect list, since I moved the pointer table and added some empty space on the end. My main concern with that is that it would be far less user friendly.
Yesterday at 08:06:20 PM
Fox: Heh... Starting to make me want to add the Ability Editor to my own Editor now... So I can do that, and have chance values listed for each and every one. (So it is more specific than Atrius's editor.)
Yesterday at 08:03:06 PM
Fox: Well, 0-255.
Yesterday at 08:02:53 PM
Fox: The max probably being 255.
Yesterday at 08:00:09 PM
Fox: (@Editor modification: In which case, I would recommend adding support up to the maximum number for future purposes.... if at all reasonably possible.)
Yesterday at 07:53:50 PM
Fox: @Disabling them: It kinda would be a trade-off for those who want to use those effects that went unused.... ...  I have a suggestion, though... and it might be rather interesting. But have you thought about using one of the unused flags to like... switch out Effect lists? (So you can have your own if you don't want to modify the editor.) I imagine it is rather unnecessary, though. Since it is easy enough to extend the list with a quick editor modification.
Yesterday at 04:46:01 PM
Lord Squirtle: And elements too from the looks of things.
Yesterday at 04:44:05 PM
Lord Squirtle: Makes me wonder how much work it would take to add more djinn slots.
Yesterday at 04:30:45 PM
Lord Squirtle: Well, total - 1.
Yesterday at 04:30:13 PM
Lord Squirtle: Huh, neat. I think I found the part of the djinn battle menu code that decides how many djinn of each element exist.
Yesterday at 02:53:07 PM
Lord Squirtle: I should probably look into disabling the multiplier chance for those now that I think about it.
Yesterday at 02:52:17 PM
Lord Squirtle: I still am, but mainly because it doesn't look like there are any abilities that use those effects.

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise