News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

[RELEASE] Golden Sun Reloaded

Started by Caledor, 22, December, 2016, 03:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caledor

Patches updated to v1.1

Nothing major, I just implemented the latest 2 patch in the download sections. So, stat-boosting items aren't affected by RNG anymore and a few menu panels and the text inside them have been rearranged.

MadJak91

Updated my game so thanks!
Also beat Dullahan so that is solved :D

Writing because I just found a small graphical bug. No idea if it is known but this is the very first time I see it :O
You can walk behind the INN sign in Prox. I do not know if that happens anywhere else.
This is a really pointless bug but since you are doing minor improvements as well plus I am not sure where else to post it, haha.

Screenshot included.

Salanewt

It's probably worth a small mention but those kinds of graphical errors happen a lot, lol.

Hides away again, but not before saying "congratulations on the hack Caledor!"
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Caledor

@MadJak: great! If you don't mind please share your story of how came to beat him since you experienced some difficulties.

About the graphical bug, i actually spotted it myself not too long ago but it doesn't really bother me (and i'm clueless at map stuff).

@Squirtle: Thanks! :D

Caledor

Never touched anything about RNG. If the item doesn't drop, it's VERY likely there are mistakes in your method.

Guides for RNG are here for TBS: https://www.gamefaqs.com/gba/468548-golden-sun/faqs/19312
and here for TLA: https://www.gamefaqs.com/gba/561356-golden-sun-the-lost-age/faqs/25734

leaf

The enemy group that appears is based on your timing from system on to when you load in. If your timing isn't frame perfect, you won't get the same group every time. What's more, enemy groups may have been edited in Cal's hack, so even if your timing *is* frame perfect, it's possible that the enemy group that used to be Magicore+Vile Dirge is now Magicore x2.

I think the former is a lot more likely, though. You're consistently using one timing, but it's not the same timing you used before.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

VardenSalad

I think it's more likely that an enemy group has additional actions per turn you're not accounting for in your RN calculations. Cal added quite a few instances where monsters act twice; could this be one of them?
Never forget why you started playing.

Caledor

That shouldn't happen anymore. Some release ago, with the latest enemy revamp, most enemies went back to 1 turn and became stronger.

The most likely reason for drops not happening is that players tend to follow step by step guides that worked for the original game instead of making their own. Well, aside from making math mistakes, which happens also often (quite often...)

MadJak91

1) Graphical glitch:
Yep! It is a really minor thing but I noticed it only now :D
Definitely nothing important but I figured I would throw it here.

2) I killed Dullahan after X number of times where X is pretty big I would say lmao :D
Nah but it took me a LOT of tries since I have last mentioned him.
Basically, I adjusted the general strategies written on the wiki as you changed classes a bit so that I still have a lot of healing and reviving. Also grinded for a few Mist Potions and Water of Life(s). Then simply tried until I got into a favorable loop and used Luff when needed :D
I also found new appreciation for Eddy, haha.

3) RNG abuse:
I have noticed I could not pull it off sometimes even when I was following the general two-enemy advice and it turned out I had to use a different Djinn. For example, I could not get a drop with Bane or Sap but Flint did it with the same strategy.
It has a been a long time so I do not remember whether it was always like that but probably was since there has been no changes to the system as was already said.
I hope that helps.

I beat the game a few days back. Doom Dragon was fine since I was buffed from Dullahan but still seemingly tougher than before and Cruel Ruin is well, more cruel ;D
Now I have two saves: One cleared and one with the game pretty much fully explored (not every artefact in stores).
Awesome patch all around, truly! Cannot go back to the original game now!

leaf

The djinni you use shouldn't have an effect on getting a drop. However, either your elemental level or epow could (I forget which).
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Referring to djinn kills/rainbow kills? http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=2760.msg46291#msg46291

The chance for quadrupled item drop chance is this in the original game (As long as the djinni is the element where the enemy's resistance is lower than their other elements.):
(Attacker ePower - Defender eResist + 30) * 655 > BRN(,0xFFFF)

For the original game:  Most of the times, the lowest enemy resistance will be 72 or below... Exceptions include Dullahan (110 Jupiter), Doom Dragon (98 Jupiter)... and the very first elemental data entry (all 100 stats), and third entry (all 90 resist stats) -- Probably can rule out those four if they do not have item drops...
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Caledor

In my game many Resistances have been raised, but the rainbow effect is a dead giveaway of whether the chance quadrupled or not.

If you're not seeing it, you need to either Enfeeble the enemy before killing it or just raise you characters' power with equipment, cause no rainbow = no item.

@Leaf: a few Djinn have strange effects on the RNG counter so it's believable, and i'd say it's certain that it's the reason if he just selected a different djinn on the last turn.

MadJak91

Just did a quick test.
Mars Lighthouse -> Minos Warrior and Aka Manah -> Ninja Sandals.

First turn:
4x Psynergy targeting both enemies.

Second turn:
2x Psynergy targeting both enemies.
Venus Djinn on Aka Manah -> flashes and dies
Defend
Minos Warrior makes his move.

Third turn:
Attack -> Minos Warrior dies -> Ninja Sandals but...

Here are the details (I used a save state before making the same commands on the second turn):
I tried Flint, Sap, Bane and Geode. All made Aka Manah flash and die.
After Flint, Sap and Geode, Minos Warrior used Sack and raised his Attack. On the third turn, Ivan unleashed and killed him ending the battle WITH Ninja Sandals.
After Bane, Minos Warrior used Power Crush. On the third turn, Ivan attacked normally (without the unleash) and killed him ending the battle WITHOUT Ninja Sandals.

Meaning, some Djinn probably adjust the RNs differently? I actually do not remember that at all in the vanilla game but is has been a very long time...
This is just one example but like the poster above said, this also happened to me with other drops and other Djinn. I remember a similar case with some of the Mercury Djinn against Nue for the new Mars based mace.

Thoughts?

Caledor

QuoteI tried Flint, Sap, Bane and Geode. All made Aka Manah flash and die.
Not surprising cause the Power/Res difference remains the same.

QuoteAfter Flint, Sap and Geode, [...] WITH Ninja Sandals.
After Bane [...] WITHOUT Ninja Sandals.
I think that Bane adds 1 more to the RNG than Flint Sap and Geode, and i'm pretty sure it has to do with his venom inducing effect. I'd be interesting to try 2 things:

1) Open the editor remove the venom effect from Bane and try again under the same settings.
2) Battle again but make it so that you reach bane's turn with 1 RNG point less (to see if effectively bane is the same as Flint+1).

The best advice is try to avoid djinn with secondary effects when going for RNG drops.

MadJak91

Oh, okay, that makes sense actually.
Funny the guides do not mention that.
That would also explain my problem with the Mercury Djinn like Mist who causes Sleep.

Sorry then.

bov110

so, question say after beating GS1 how would transferring work after the patch? or is there a way to bypass it or simply use a gold code? Any answers appreciated:)

MadJak91

Works the same. I simply obtained my gold code and used it like normal!

bov110

great news thanks i was gonna use that code generator i found a long time ago lol

Caledor

Just remember that minor issue with Mountain Water: only up to one per character will be transferred, regardless of how many they carry.

Quote from: MadJak91 on 08, May, 2017, 08:20:55 AM
Sorry then.

Lol sorry for what? You tested it on your own and helped us understand that issue better. I'm thankful, actually! :D

bov110

thanks ill be sure to keep that in mind any threads or anything with a list of small issues like the one you brought up?