Golden Sun Hacking Community
October 20, 2017, 01:21:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [RELEASE] Golden Sun Reloaded  (Read 22003 times)

I need saves to test encounters in GS Reloaded!

Great Member

Coins: 13

« Reply #150 on: May 19, 2017, 01:25:49 PM »

Back to modding.

Next release will I've made Defense buffs and debuffs stronger. As you all know Attack and Defense buffs use the same multipliers but due to how damage formulas are structured, Defense is always a lot lower than the Attack value.

That's why boosting Defense is always worse than reducing the enemy's atk, and reducing the enemy's defense is always worse than boosting your own attack.

This won't fix things perfectly and make them equally worthy, but it will noticeably reduce the gap between the two.

Original multipliers (attack & def) go from 4/8 (max debuff = x0.5) to 12/8 (max buff = x1.5) in 1/8 steps.
New multipliers (Def only) go from 4/16 (x0.25) to 28/16 (x1.75) in 3/8 steps.

PS: Another thing i'd like to do is to make some equipment capable of affecting the chance to debuff enemies. This way the characters will be able to specialize in debuffing. I already have a rough idea of how i should implement it but i don't how how difficult it might be so i'm keeping things vague for now.

EDIT: For the next release I've also fixed the random encounters around Prox. The game was still using the usual Western Sea land enemies, which is completely wrong. I must've skipped that part when porting changes from the italian game as usual so I apologize about that.

EDIT2: v1.3 is UP
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 02:46:36 PM by Caledor » Logged
View Profile

New User

Coins: 0

« Reply #151 on: May 22, 2017, 09:15:27 AM »

Can you post the Psyenergy gained from level up on all classes someplace? Because some classes have had their level ups changed like the swordsman, which normally gets cutting edge at level 11 but doesn't have it in my current play through.
I would like to know what has been changed level up wise on the rest of the classes as well. Thank you for making this hack though. Its really great.  Jupiter Djinni Jupiter Djinni Set
View Profile

Great Member

« Reply #152 on: May 22, 2017, 09:25:03 AM »

Hi ender wizard. You can easily check all the level ups by opening the ROM with atrius' editor, so I omitted it from the excel sheet. Same reason as why I haven't made a psynergy sheet despite all the power levels and pp costs I've changed. Btw the swordsman line learns cutting edge at 12
View Profile

New User

« Reply #153 on: May 22, 2017, 10:04:09 AM »

Wow. Thanks for replying so soon.
I didn't expect a reply for a while.
Also I am new to this, so I was unaware of the editor.
Thanks for your help and for your hack.
 Jupiter Djinni Jupiter Djinni Set
View Profile

Great Member

« Reply #154 on: May 22, 2017, 05:33:27 PM »

Wow. Thanks for replying so soon.
I didn't expect a reply for a while.
Also I am new to this, so I was unaware of the editor.
Thanks for your help and for your hack.
 Jupiter Djinni Jupiter Djinni Set

Well I get notified by mail when someone replies here so it may happen that i reply within minutes.
Glad you're enjoying the mod, let me know if you have any other issue with it.

Also, time for an ANNOUNCEMENT.

Next release is gonna be pretty big cos i managed to implement a new attribute to items (over the unused counterstrike rate attribute) which boosts the chance to inflict ailments and debuffs. You'll basically be able to create dedicated "saboteurs" that excel at hindering enemies, even bosses with very high luck (Samurai class, i'm looking at you).

For now i can only say that MANY pieces of equipment will be affected by this but ATM i've yet yo decide which ones and how.

Stay tuned, and wait for the changelog!
View Profile

Great Member

« Reply #155 on: May 27, 2017, 10:36:58 AM »

Major release v1.5 is UP!

As announced this version introduces the "Ailments" attribute on equipment, which boosts the chance to inflict debuffs and ailments (and anything else that requires a Luck check on the enemy). The number shown is a flat % increase, just like items that boost the critical hits chance. Keep in mind that this bonus won't do anything if the enemy is immune to the ailment.

I've also used this chance to do a global check of equipment and unleashes so there are A LOT of minor changes and a few major fixes, like for the unleashes of Viking Axe and Hagbone Mace, cause i forgot to update their unleashes accordingly when i moved them to Prox and Trial Road respectively.

I'll paste here TLA's changelog from the Download section for reference.

Spoiler for Changelog:
"Ailment" attribute implemented.
Minor fixes to some weapons, mostly maces & light blades.
Maces don't improve Resistance anymore; some of them increase Ailments chance.
Darksword, cursed staves, Matoi and Meditation Rod increase Ailments chance.
Minor fixes to many pieces of defensive gear.
Major changes for Demon Mail, Black Garb, Spirit Gloves, Jester's Armlet, Prophet's Hat, Ninja Headband, Devil's Crown, Alastor's Hood, Astral Circlet, Stardust Ring, Angel's Ring.
Many unleashes have been strengthened, especially those belonging to weapons found late in the game.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 10:33:13 PM by Caledor » Logged
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Template maker turned lurker

Alchemist

Coins: 10

I am: wondering if we can get our clan position changed...
Clan Position: Grand Overlady of Jupiter

« Reply #156 on: May 27, 2017, 11:17:45 PM »

Oh hell, that sounds delicious.  So increase ailment resistances AND offenses?  Dood, I can't wait to play this version.  Any other juicy additions you've got up your sleeve? :3c

View Profile WWW

Great Member

« Reply #157 on: May 27, 2017, 11:47:46 PM »

Oh hell, that sounds delicious.  So increase ailment resistances AND offenses?  Dood, I can't wait to play this version.  Any other juicy additions you've got up your sleeve? :3c

Wait a min, that could be a misunderstanding. It's true that you can increase both ailment resistances AND offenses, but with 2 different attributes.

Luck affects ailment resistance and ailment recovery.
The new "Ailment" attribute is only for offense.

As for other additions, ATM the ToDo list is empty. The only thing i'd like to do is rearrange the Djinn in TLA, cause those early mercury ones are a pain, but i have no clue.

Still, maybe some other things will pop up in the future... this mod is 2 and a half y.o., i lost count of how many times i said "it's finished", and it's still improving ;)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 12:36:55 AM by Caledor » Logged
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Template maker turned lurker

Alchemist

Coins: 10

I am: wondering if we can get our clan position changed...
Clan Position: Grand Overlady of Jupiter

« Reply #158 on: May 28, 2017, 03:38:50 AM »

?  My apologies, I had thought you mentioned earlier that you'd have certain armors increase resistance to specific ailments.  Must have mis-remembered.

View Profile WWW
Fox
Fox McCloud, the Hacking Doctor
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

Coins: 28

I am: certainly not a Gallant!
Clan Position: Head Gallant

« Reply #159 on: May 28, 2017, 09:13:56 AM »

The only thing i'd like to do is rearrange the Djinn in TLA, cause those early mercury ones are a pain, but i have no clue.
Fog (Kandarian Temple), and Sour (Osenia random encounter.)

No clue how to edit them, or no clue what to do with them/what to put in its place?

--
Easiest way to find it without documentation might be to put a breakpoint write on the flag data (Referring to the 0x200 bytes at 0x02000040, but the djinn flags appear in the first row.), and trace it back to what one wants to edit?
Fog is probably given from Map Code... based on how Events are done...

As for Sour...

0200E7C0 = World Map Event table... looking for flags 0x30-0x7F (0x4C being Sour) in entries that replace the common 0xFFFF. == Six djinn entries.... and the Sour one is at 0200E7FC-0200E807 , That's the event for it, but you might need to edit 0x5D's in the map data to move its location. (Event Type 0x2 is tile-based.)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 09:50:41 AM by Fox » Logged

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...
*Cross my fingers and hope we have Big Brother All-Stars next year... with Paulie & Cody Califorie(sp?)... and Vanessa & Tiffany Rousso.... Would be fun? :P Especially if one of the boys got evicted early since there's usually some all-guy alliance in there, right?
View Profile

Great Member

« Reply #160 on: May 28, 2017, 07:50:12 PM »

No clue how to edit them, or no clue what to do with them/what to put in its place?

ATM both. I know it annoys me, but that's also as far as i thought about it. Knowing i'd be a huge pain to reallocate them i didn't bother worrying too much.

Also, for now i can totally live with it. I finished TBS and started TLA right before v1.3, so i think that now is a really good time for playing the mod, something i haven't managed to do in the last 2 years.
View Profile

New User

« Reply #161 on: May 30, 2017, 12:50:10 AM »

Hey there, I just found out about your creation (and it looks great!) and I'm planning on playing it over the next few weeks. I'll probably just jump to GS2 right away, I've been playing lots of GS1, so I'll like the change of pace. On your bio or whatever that is (text below your profile name/image) it says you need saves to test encounters for this. Any idea what specific encounters you mean? I'd be glad to help out with some save data as I move my way through. Lastly, I'll plan on giving my thoughts about the new edits. Looks like I'm gonna have some fun this month.  Happy
View Profile

Great Member

« Reply #162 on: May 30, 2017, 08:54:32 AM »

Hello Saturos, and welcome aboard!

About the saves thing, i need them only for encounters you want me to check. People often here tell me "check encounter x, it might be too strong/weak/etc": if you want me to do that, i need your save before that fight. ;)
View Profile

Great Member

« Reply #163 on: May 30, 2017, 10:51:03 PM »

It's been only 3 days, but it's time for another update.

I got kinda annoyed at the thought that Jenna doesn't get a Mars based staff until Salamander Rod, so I gave her 2, one for each Sea.
Asteria's Staff, which replaces Glower Staff and Cultist's Rod, which replaces Goblin's Rod.
Also, since Mercury based Axes are non-existant, their unleashes went to Captain's Axe (Sargasso) and Deepsea Axe (= Mighty Axe, which gets Ocean's Roar = Flash Force). This also allowed me to fix Captain's Axe unleash, cause the animation was bugged.
Swapped Blessed Ankh and Psynergy Rod unleashes to give Ivan/Sheba an earlier Jupiter boosting staff.
Power and type for all those unleashes is the same of the original weapon (only name, element, animation and side effect change).

TLA's starting levels were reverted to 5 (Jenna levels up to 5 after defeating the Punchy Ant in the cave) cause that level makes a lot of difference in Kandora and early Dekhan.

Also, some lore: some of you might think that it's weird to find a Mars based staff in the Shrine of the Sea God but Asteria is a Greek titan who died (rusty weapon) by flinging herself into the sea. :P
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 11:18:44 PM by Caledor » Logged
View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

Coins: 32

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.
Emblems: Have a nice day.

« Reply #164 on: May 31, 2017, 03:24:08 PM »

I love that bit of lore! You also have a very good point about the lack of Mars staves early on...

Keep up the good work. :P

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
October 16, 2017, 09:57:26 AM
AZVRE: Im pretty okay, what about you?
October 16, 2017, 01:17:14 AM
Fox: I think the nine is doing a cirno on me, though... Anyway, how is everyone doing today?
October 16, 2017, 01:12:20 AM
Fox: onesixtwo*
October 16, 2017, 01:12:00 AM
Fox: Okay... Meanwhile... ah... 162 being a number that has made itself known to me.... I look at the relationships of the numbers.... 162  1+6+2 = 9 ; onesizetwo = alphabetical order = 9 characters ; Distance apart analysis: os = 4 = 1[6][2] , st = 1 = [1]6[2] , ot = 5 = [1][6]2 ; ost = original sound track?
October 15, 2017, 06:31:17 PM
AZVRE: ah okay :D i thought i caused some trouble
October 14, 2017, 07:49:16 AM
Fox: Oh i know... You were messing with yours, and the description says mine. It's kind of a funny bug. :P
October 13, 2017, 08:18:31 PM
AZVRE: I did not edit your profile tho. Just to erase that confusion ^^"
October 12, 2017, 04:49:56 AM
Fox: e.g. this art = http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/Themes/Jupiter/images/catbg.gif (etc.)
October 12, 2017, 04:48:58 AM
Fox: I have a question: Where did the art for the headers come from? (Like the backgrounds to each of these things... "Affiliates", etc... Asking just incase it inspires me to do something... but if Charon made it, then that's cool too.
October 11, 2017, 04:23:02 AM
FoxWas thinking about having something for the editor anniversary, but I believe I had to change my mind....
October 10, 2017, 12:58:36 PM
Fox: That's alright. ;       @AZVRE's profile: "Current Activity:  Editing the profile of Fox." ...Eh... That looks weird.
October 07, 2017, 11:45:16 PM
Atrius: Sorry about that, the auto bot detection is still working, but it also requires an admin to visit the site regularly.
October 04, 2017, 04:17:40 AM
Fox: Yeah, it does bring a small amount of activity. Not good quality activity, but it's still activity, nonetheless.  Now if we can get them to randomly post pictures and vdeios!
October 04, 2017, 02:10:48 AM
Majora: If nothing else, I like how they're copying the content of real posts at random. Interesting to see how they adapt to seem more authentic
October 03, 2017, 08:29:38 PM
Fox: medico6601 = Most likely another bot. :(
September 26, 2017, 03:32:24 PM
Fox: by ten* Excuse me.
September 26, 2017, 03:32:12 PM
Fox: Oh yes... Also multiply all levels by two. (So actually, an adept will have levels of 54, 3, 2, and 1, rather than 5, 0, 0, 0.... if going by those.)
September 26, 2017, 03:29:07 PM
Fox: ...I mean the theory also saves space on the Status Screen.
September 26, 2017, 03:26:11 PM
Fox: Random/fun concept theory: What if we got rid of ePow/eRest, and just made eLevel do everything. :P (A process of cleaning stuff up... Though, could make things less versatile. - Like, if a Djinni add 1 eLevel = Okay, that's understood... by why specifically +5 on the ePow/eRes (Rhetorical))
September 23, 2017, 04:42:08 AM
Fox: Oh nevermind, it does... but I swear I saw that a minute ago.

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise