News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

[RELEASE] Golden Sun Reloaded

Started by Caledor, 22, December, 2016, 03:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caledor

No issues i'm aware of, so if you spot something please report here.

Caledor

Quote from: Vortal on 14, May, 2017, 11:34:51 AM
Where exactly do Grand Golems appear(In TLA)? I think I have missed them somewhere. According to your drop guide they are lvl 32 which kinda means that they should be either at Jupiter Lighthouse or ar Magma Rock. Did I missed them there or are they at different place?
They're in Trial Road.

QuoteAnd also, did the name of Grand Chimera got changed to Hell Chimera?
Yes, cause Hell Chimera is the original japanese name. I also fixed the misunderstanding on the opening post so thanks for pointing it out.

EDIT: Sneak peek of next release info panel. Critical hits bonus shows actual value

Rolina

Oh, that's good!~   Think you'd be able to add that to the Balanced Age patches when you find the time?

Caledor

Well, I usually wouldn't cause there's no real reason to play Balanced Age now over Reloaded with the beta status gone... BUT, since

a) it's literally two bytes per game
b) i have the addresses documented in the other thread
c) It's your birthday

I might as well do it.

So... happy birthday Role! :D

EDIT: Done

Rolina

Thanks.

But yeah, I'd want to finish my playthrough of TBA before doing Reloaded.  One of those "finish what you start" sort of deals.

Caledor

I just finished my playthrough of TBS so it's a good time for an update.

That said, Reloaded v1.2 is up: minor tweaks and the item info panel improvement.

Caledor

Yup, translation error, thanks for reporting. It's already fixed for the next release.

EDIT: ... which is already up cause i also had to fix a visual bug with the in-battle djinn menu panel (TLA only).

Caledor

Back to modding.

Next release will I've made Defense buffs and debuffs stronger. As you all know Attack and Defense buffs use the same multipliers but due to how damage formulas are structured, Defense is always a lot lower than the Attack value.

That's why boosting Defense is always worse than reducing the enemy's atk, and reducing the enemy's defense is always worse than boosting your own attack.

This won't fix things perfectly and make them equally worthy, but it will noticeably reduce the gap between the two.

Original multipliers (attack & def) go from 4/8 (max debuff = x0.5) to 12/8 (max buff = x1.5) in 1/8 steps.
New multipliers (Def only) go from 4/16 (x0.25) to 28/16 (x1.75) in 3/8 steps.

PS: Another thing i'd like to do is to make some equipment capable of affecting the chance to debuff enemies. This way the characters will be able to specialize in debuffing. I already have a rough idea of how i should implement it but i don't how how difficult it might be so i'm keeping things vague for now.

EDIT: For the next release I've also fixed the random encounters around Prox. The game was still using the usual Western Sea land enemies, which is completely wrong. I must've skipped that part when porting changes from the italian game as usual so I apologize about that.

EDIT2: v1.3 is UP

Ender_Wizard

Can you post the Psyenergy gained from level up on all classes someplace? Because some classes have had their level ups changed like the swordsman, which normally gets cutting edge at level 11 but doesn't have it in my current play through.
I would like to know what has been changed level up wise on the rest of the classes as well. Thank you for making this hack though. Its really great.  :JupiterDjinni: :JupiterSet:

Caledor

Hi ender wizard. You can easily check all the level ups by opening the ROM with atrius' editor, so I omitted it from the excel sheet. Same reason as why I haven't made a psynergy sheet despite all the power levels and pp costs I've changed. Btw the swordsman line learns cutting edge at 12

Ender_Wizard

Wow. Thanks for replying so soon.
I didn't expect a reply for a while.
Also I am new to this, so I was unaware of the editor.
Thanks for your help and for your hack.
:JupiterDjinni: :JupiterSet:

Caledor

Quote from: Ender_Wizard on 22, May, 2017, 06:04:09 AM
Wow. Thanks for replying so soon.
I didn't expect a reply for a while.
Also I am new to this, so I was unaware of the editor.
Thanks for your help and for your hack.
:JupiterDjinni: :JupiterSet:

Well I get notified by mail when someone replies here so it may happen that i reply within minutes.
Glad you're enjoying the mod, let me know if you have any other issue with it.

Also, time for an ANNOUNCEMENT.

Next release is gonna be pretty big cos i managed to implement a new attribute to items (over the unused counterstrike rate attribute) which boosts the chance to inflict ailments and debuffs. You'll basically be able to create dedicated "saboteurs" that excel at hindering enemies, even bosses with very high luck (Samurai class, i'm looking at you).

For now i can only say that MANY pieces of equipment will be affected by this but ATM i've yet yo decide which ones and how.

Stay tuned, and wait for the changelog!

Caledor

Major release v1.5 is UP!

As announced this version introduces the "Ailments" attribute on equipment, which boosts the chance to inflict debuffs and ailments (and anything else that requires a Luck check on the enemy). The number shown is a flat % increase, just like items that boost the critical hits chance. Keep in mind that this bonus won't do anything if the enemy is immune to the ailment.

I've also used this chance to do a global check of equipment and unleashes so there are A LOT of minor changes and a few major fixes, like for the unleashes of Viking Axe and Hagbone Mace, cause i forgot to update their unleashes accordingly when i moved them to Prox and Trial Road respectively.

I'll paste here TLA's changelog from the Download section for reference.

[spoiler=Changelog]"Ailment" attribute implemented.
Minor fixes to some weapons, mostly maces & light blades.
Maces don't improve Resistance anymore; some of them increase Ailments chance.
Darksword, cursed staves, Matoi and Meditation Rod increase Ailments chance.
Minor fixes to many pieces of defensive gear.
Major changes for Demon Mail, Black Garb, Spirit Gloves, Jester's Armlet, Prophet's Hat, Ninja Headband, Devil's Crown, Alastor's Hood, Astral Circlet, Stardust Ring, Angel's Ring.
Many unleashes have been strengthened, especially those belonging to weapons found late in the game.[/spoiler]

Rolina

Oh hell, that sounds delicious.  So increase ailment resistances AND offenses?  Dood, I can't wait to play this version.  Any other juicy additions you've got up your sleeve? :3c

Caledor

Quote from: Rolina on 27, May, 2017, 07:17:45 PM
Oh hell, that sounds delicious.  So increase ailment resistances AND offenses?  Dood, I can't wait to play this version.  Any other juicy additions you've got up your sleeve? :3c

Wait a min, that could be a misunderstanding. It's true that you can increase both ailment resistances AND offenses, but with 2 different attributes.

Luck affects ailment resistance and ailment recovery.
The new "Ailment" attribute is only for offense.

As for other additions, ATM the ToDo list is empty. The only thing i'd like to do is rearrange the Djinn in TLA, cause those early mercury ones are a pain, but i have no clue.

Still, maybe some other things will pop up in the future... this mod is 2 and a half y.o., i lost count of how many times i said "it's finished", and it's still improving ;)

Rolina

?  My apologies, I had thought you mentioned earlier that you'd have certain armors increase resistance to specific ailments.  Must have mis-remembered.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

QuoteThe only thing i'd like to do is rearrange the Djinn in TLA, cause those early mercury ones are a pain, but i have no clue.
Fog (Kandarian Temple), and Sour (Osenia random encounter.)

No clue how to edit them, or no clue what to do with them/what to put in its place?

--
Easiest way to find it without documentation might be to put a breakpoint write on the flag data (Referring to the 0x200 bytes at 0x02000040, but the djinn flags appear in the first row.), and trace it back to what one wants to edit?
Fog is probably given from Map Code... based on how Events are done...

As for Sour...

0200E7C0 = World Map Event table... looking for flags 0x30-0x7F (0x4C being Sour) in entries that replace the common 0xFFFF. == Six djinn entries.... and the Sour one is at 0200E7FC-0200E807 , That's the event for it, but you might need to edit 0x5D's in the map data to move its location. (Event Type 0x2 is tile-based.)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Caledor

Quote from: Fox on 28, May, 2017, 05:13:56 AM

No clue how to edit them, or no clue what to do with them/what to put in its place?

ATM both. I know it annoys me, but that's also as far as i thought about it. Knowing i'd be a huge pain to reallocate them i didn't bother worrying too much.

Also, for now i can totally live with it. I finished TBS and started TLA right before v1.3, so i think that now is a really good time for playing the mod, something i haven't managed to do in the last 2 years.

Saturos64

Hey there, I just found out about your creation (and it looks great!) and I'm planning on playing it over the next few weeks. I'll probably just jump to GS2 right away, I've been playing lots of GS1, so I'll like the change of pace. On your bio or whatever that is (text below your profile name/image) it says you need saves to test encounters for this. Any idea what specific encounters you mean? I'd be glad to help out with some save data as I move my way through. Lastly, I'll plan on giving my thoughts about the new edits. Looks like I'm gonna have some fun this month.  :happy:

Caledor

Hello Saturos, and welcome aboard!

About the saves thing, i need them only for encounters you want me to check. People often here tell me "check encounter x, it might be too strong/weak/etc": if you want me to do that, i need your save before that fight. ;)