News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

[RELEASE] Golden Sun Reloaded

Started by Caledor, 22, December, 2016, 03:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arudjin

Hello Everybody, I just started to use this mod so there are many things i don't know. I am stuck after vault because Ivan doesn't have the whirlwind psynergy. I pushed him to level 9 and still nothing can somebody please help me ? thank you very much

Caledor

Hi.

Ivan lost Whirlwind in his base class with one of the latest patches so leveling won't solve it.
But just give him a Venus Djinn and you have it back ;)

leaf

...why didn't you just give ivan whirlwind as in innate psynergy?
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Caledor

Quote from: leaf on 23, July, 2017, 12:47:45 PM
...why didn't you just give ivan whirlwind as in innate psynergy?

Cause innate psynergies in TBS can't be changed through the editor. I'd have to repoint the whole section and it's a pain honestly. He has whirlwind in the Oracle class and you are guaranteed to have Flint by the time ivan joins so i can just treat it like growth

arudjin

Thank you very much for the info

Rufus

Hi, wanted to comment on this fan-hack - love it! Recently, group I'm with decided to (re)play Golden Sun, I chose to try this alongside RetroAchievements - easily the most fun I've had with  this game. It gives a much needed difficulty boost, while remaining balanced enough to tough it out. 50 battle mode chain was rough, but doable! Loved the changes to the weapon system / classes(added psynergy helped with the classes I went with) Cheers to the maker and keep up the good work! Just started my play-through of TLA with it, lookin' forward to it  :happy:

Caledor

Hi Rufus, glad you're liking it so far! Let me know how TLA goes!

Chronotakular

Hey Caledor! I'm back because I was itching to play some Golden Sun!

I'll do what I did last time with your reloaded hack - Play through both games, and with a Gold file transfer between the two.

As always, I'll let you know if I have any questions or I find any bugs along the way!

Keep up the good work!  :happy:

Caledor

Hi, Chrono, glad to see you back and thanks in advance for your reports!

As a side note, for those that aren't on Discord, check roger's latest patch in the Download section. He's done the amazing job of restoring the missing drum line in the TLA overworld theme (pre-reunion). The patch is obviously compatible with Reloaded so go grab it ;)

MadJak91

Heyo! Have not posted here in a while!

I quickly checked the changelog but if some of the following was already discussed in the thread somewhere then disregard it.

Question: Is the Giant's Axe still in TLA? Earth Golems seem to drop Vials now.

Typo: Alecto's Mace has "Unleshes" instead of "Unleashes".

Weird EXP: The Wights under Izumo give a suspiciously generous EXP reward for killing them. Is that on purpose? A group of two Wights and one Earth Golem when killed with effective Djinn gives over 3k EXP. A group with one Wight and one Gressil gives over 1.2 EXP without Djinn kills. And so on.

Thanks!

Caledor

Thanks, MadJak! The fix is up for both Alecto's description and Wights. It was a typo for Wights too... they gave 1151 exp instead of 151.

Giant Axe was removed cause it overlaps with Tartarus Axe (123 and 124 atk).

MadJak91

Cool! Thanks!

Possible suggestion unless it was already discussed or there are problems implementing it:
Mia's Cure Poison upgrades to Remedy which is awesome but Remedy itself disappears from her field Psynergy menu. Sure, you have Piers and items OR you can downgrade her class but I think having Remedy/Cure Poison outside like usual would be practical.

Caledor

There's a limited amount of slots for psynergies and the only way for many classes to make remedy fit was to replace other things. A trade i'm willing to make if all it takes to CP outside of battle is pressing two buttons to downgrade. ;)

Rolina

No, I think they were saying that Remedy should be flagged to work in fields/dungeons as well as battle.  That's just a flag to toggle.

Caledor

That's how i originally wanted it to work, only to find that some effects do nothing outside of battle. I clearly remember having to fix that issue.

MadJak91

Sure! No problem! If it is not possible then that is fine!

VardenSalad

I remember trying to mess with Remedy and found the same issues. It just doesn't seem to work without tinkering with quite a bit more under the hood.
Never forget why you started playing.

Caledor

TBS patch updated to v1.62 hf2 to fix an issue with the summons' HP% damage

MadJak91

Is there a list of items that were removed just like Giant Axe?
I am curious about Gloria Helm for example. Thanks!

Chronotakular

Hey Caledor,

Just finished up my play-through of GS1, so I'd thought I'd let you know how that went.

The only bug I caught is, well, weird. I'd imagine you can't fix it. Just a side-effect that happens from editing the game's code.

Here is an image of me transferring a Djinn from Isaac to Ivan, nothing seemingly weird here.

Though, if I tab over to Ivan's stats before actually moving Djinn, you can see the stat changes are completely different from the initial preview. The second picture is actually what will happen. Not sure if this one is in your control, but I'd thought I'd show you regardless.
Edit: I'd like to mention that this happens in more than one place, this is just one example.

That out of the way, here are my thoughts and suggestions.

• Hydros Statue seemed a bit tough, but maybe I just suck? It was a while back but I got wiped quite a few times and didn't really struggle with any bosses for the same length of time as this one.
  • Similarly, Deadbeard seemed too easy, though maybe level 31 was a bit high so it just seemed that way.
  • The change to Vine (not sure when you made it, hadn't played in a while, lol) make a near-useless Djinn extremely valuable. I think it actually might be too strong on Mia/Ivan due to the damage it outputs vs. their attack stat, especially if you consider it's AoE.

I think that about covers my thoughts. Moving on to the Lost Age! Gold Password and all. I'll let you know how it goes!

Good luck in continuing your mod!