News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

[RELEASE] Golden Sun Reloaded

Started by Caledor, 22, December, 2016, 03:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chronotakular

Hey Caledor, I'm finally winding down on TLA. While I do have one or two bugs or other proposed changes, I'll save those for the end. The main point of this post is about the classes and their tweaks. I've been heavily experimenting with them and I have some changes to suggest. Obviously it's your mod so you can do what you want with the information at the end of the day. I'm going to try my best to make this formatting not so terrible on the eyes, forgive me if it is.

I would like to point out all my characters are level 42. I wanted to make sure I knew what the entire class consisted of psyenergy-wise before I suggested changes. Secondly, I know there is a limit of what you can put on a class (I believe it's 16) so I've kept that in mind with the changes I'm purposing.

Time to get into the nitty-gritty.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Holy Knight/Saint Knight ( :Piers: - :VenusStar: :VenusStar: :VenusStar: :VenusStar: :JupiterStar: :JupiterStar: :JupiterStar: :JupiterStar: :JupiterStar:)

Proposed Change:
Switch out Plume Edge with Odyssey/Tyrfing.
Reasoning:
This class being a tri-elemental, actually has no Venus representation at all, aside from Revive. Swapping out Plume Edge with something Venus-based fixes this issue and makes it more similar to Paladin/Templar, where there is an offensive set of psyenergy for Venus and Mars, along with Plume Edge.
(Paladin is :Isaac: or  :Felix: -  :MercuryStar: :MercuryStar: :MercuryStar: :MercuryStar: :MercuryStar: :MarsStar: :MarsStar: :MarsStar: :MarsStar: )
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fateweaver/Divine Mage ( :Ivan: or :Sheba: - :MercuryStar: :MercuryStar: :MercuryStar: :MercuryStar: :MercuryStar: :MarsStar: :MarsStar: :MarsStar: :MarsStar: )

Proposed Change:
Switch out Bind with Raise.
Reasoning:
The current identity of this class focuses on healing and buffing the team, with minimal offensive psyenergy. Bind doesn't really seem to fit what this class is trying to achieve in battle. Raise brings a bit more Mars to this class (which is currently only seen through Guard and Protect) and fits better with the healer/support role.
Protector/Paragon ( :Isaac: or :Felix: - :VenusStar: :VenusStar: :MercuryStar: :MercuryStar: :MercuryStar: :MercuryStar: :MercuryStar: :MercuryStar: :MercuryStar: )

Proposed Change:
Add Remedy (Removing Cure Poison and Restore), as well as a set of Mercury-based offensive psyenergy. (Such as Froth, Froth Sphere, and Froth Spiral.)
Reasoning:
This class honestly just feels somewhat incomplete. It's lacking a lot of late-game power that a lot of other 2 :NeutralStar:/7 :NeutralStar: classes have. I believe you only want Remedy on a hybrid of Venus and Mercury classes, and this class fits that mold. Removing Cure Poison and Restore means there are 3 open slots, which would be perfect for a Mercury-based offensive psyenergy, since the class currently only has Plume Edge, Thorn, Briar, and Nettle as it's offensive psyenergies.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Protector/Paragon ( :Piers: - :VenusStar: :VenusStar: :VenusStar: :VenusStar: :VenusStar: :VenusStar: :VenusStar: :MercuryStar: :MercuryStar: )

Proposed Change:
Add Remedy (Removing Cure Poison and Restore), as well as a set of Venus-based offensive psyenergy. (Such as Thorn, Briar, and Nettle.)
Reasoning:
This one kind of goes without saying, since it's basically just a flip-flop of the proposed class change right above.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is all I have for class-related discussion, moving on to other bugs/changes:

• Getting a Salamander Tail from the Hammet transfer quest instead of an Orichalcum just feels so bad. I know why you made the change as per your original post and wanting the Dark Matter and Orichalcum to be post-teleport, but the reward almost doesn't seem worth-while now. Maybe a decent weapon/armor or even like a stat-up item would feel better than a Salamander Tail.
    Edit:I will mention this even though it's kind of petty- It makes more sense in terms of lore for Hammet to send bars of gold instead of a Salamander's Tail, but I get that doesn't really fit very well for the balance you're trying to create. My original opinion still stands, though.
  • Not sure if this is intended or not, becuase I'm not too sure how it works in vanilla, but you can only use Clotho's Distaff if it's equipped.
  • Have you ever tried fixing or looking into why the transfer event with Feizhi breaks upon entering Champa early? Not sure if you even have control over that I just thought it was worth mentioning to me because it happened this playthrough... :irate:
  • Lastly, I'm playing on Hard, (I'm sure you're only really balancing the game on Normal), but the Twin Dragons fight before "activating" the Mars Lighthouse is INSANE I had to grind 10 levels before my team was up to snuff. Not to mention not having that last Mars Djinn is more of a handicap then you might think...

Anyways, that's all from me! I'll be stopping by frequently as always to see how things are progressing with the mod. Thanks for making the mod again! Good luck!

Caledor

Hey Chrono, thanks for the feedback. Let's see what we've got here.

Holy Knight
I would've probably given Odissey to it if it wasn't for a very specific design choice. There are 4 Tri-elemental classes for each character that can be divided into 2 sets. Those with 3 stages (3Tri) and those with 2 (2Tri). I "assigned" each class an element to be its main while giving 2Tri classes 2 Symbiotic elements corresponding with those of the characters that had access to it and the other 2 to the 2Tri. This rule was self enforced to try to avoid redundancy.

So, for Isaac/Felix/Garet it goes like this: Venus/Mars for the 2Tri (Leader/Shogun) and Jupiter/Mercury in the 3Tri (Ninja/Paladin). Same for Piers: He's Mercury so Mercury/Jupiter are the focus for Holy Knight and Archon respectively. Long story short, Paladin and Holy Knight are bound to have a Mercury oriented main offense. For the Holy Knight it's more likely that i'll change either Froth or Ply to Thorn or Cure, or even nothing: after all its caster equivalent is the Pure Mage, which has only Revive as Venus too so it's not really strange.

Fateweaver
QuoteThe current identity of this class focuses on healing and buffing the team, with minimal offensive psyenergy.
I simply disagree. Fateweaver is one of the best damage dealers in the entire roster due to Punishment; its main focuses are offense and buffing with minimal healing support (Single Target only). Giving it Raise is the worst thing i could possibly do balance-wise (full buff suite, best offense and revive is too much). Bind is there mostly as filler cause i thought it fit with the theme. Also, due to what i explained above, elements are imbalanced on purpose in 2tri classes, and the non-symbiotic element is often the shafted one.

Paragon
This is a close call but IIRC this class has only 2 offenses (ST EPA and MT psynergy) cause it's much more healing oriented.

Hammet Transfer
Going to Salamander Tail was literally me picking the fastest route: changing the reward for another one of the same class that belonged to that state of the game. So options are open here.

Clotho's Distaff
This is intended cause Clotho doesn't break when used outside of battle, effectively allowing for free full healing. The Sprit Ring received the same treatment for the same reason.

Champa bug
This is news to me and something that i'll have to investigate.

Hard Difficulty
Yep, i stated many times over the years that i'd love to tweak the multipliers for hard mode. I never played it myself but if you consider that right now Normal is more or less the same as vanilla HM, you've basically applied Hard twice which is simply insane.

Hope this makes some sense for you, i'll be looking forward for your final report. If you still have some doubts don't hesitate and write them! ;)

Chronotakular

Okay, got it. I see what you are saying with Holy Knight's direction overall, and it makes much more sense when you put it that way.

Fateweaver's I disagree with, and my original thoughts stand, because this class comes off as more support to me. I can respect your direction, because there is merit to what you are saying.

Paragon(s) I guess I should have drawn more comparisons between other classes, let me look at some other ones you've created and see how other healers are treated, I'll have to re-evaluate it and report back.

Edit: Mia's Druid class is very similar to what I proposed with the Paragon changes. She has Cures, Wishes, Revive, Remedy, Gaias, and Froths. Though she was probably designed this way because she was innately designed as a caster, and not an attacker, like most of the male cast.

As for the bugs and stuff:

• I'll have to think on Salamander Tail and see if I can come up with a suitable replacement to recommend for you.
  • The Champa Bug you can just google for more information on it, I think it's basically if you visit Champa before Briggs returns, it writes a flag incorrectly that the Feizhi event is completed, and thus the event never plays.
  • Honestly I've had almost no trouble with Hard Mode overall except for Djinn fights, and well, that Dragon Fight I just mentioned. I figured out quickly that you can hard reset to stun and poison the Djinn, the fights are winnable most of the time. Worth noting I haven't even attempted any of the four superbosses yet, though.
  • Another Edit:I figured out some more information about the Clotho's Distaff. You made Spirit Ring so it can't be used outside of battle, and I completely agree with that change. Though it can still be used in battle, even when not equipped. This, is fine, but Clotho's Distaff doesn't follow the same properties. Well, that's what I thought until I realized there clearly is some sort of bug here. Clotho's Distaff can be used even if it's not equipped, as long as the person holding it is eligible to equip it. Example: Jenna is wielding a Masamune, but is just holding a Clotho's Distaff. She can use the Clotho's Distaff's effect. Garet is wielding a Darksword, and is also just holding a Clotho's Distaff. He cannot use the Clotho's Distaff effect.

Caledor

So champa bug is present in vanilla as well?

About Clotho: isn't that true for every item that is equippable and useable?

Chronotakular

The Champa bug is in vanilla, yes. That's why I said I don't know if it was even if your power to fix it.

Clotho: I'm honestly not sure actually. Probably so, that's just the first item I've come across where I tried to use it in battle.

Caledor

Quote from: Chronotakular on 27, October, 2017, 11:22:59 AM
Clotho: I'm honestly not sure actually. Probably so, that's just the first item I've come across where I tried to use it in battle.

Perhaps i worded myself poorly, but what i wanted to say is that i knew of that behavior and that's no bug for me, cause that's how it always worked.

Chronotakular

Super late reply, but now I agree with how this works, the item's actives and stuff. Just took a little while to wrap my head around it.

Caledor

Many ways to check: open patched and unpatched rom with Atrius' editor, open both roms with a hex editor and do a compare...
In game you can look for basic things after reading about at the changes made (in the opening post): for TLA, Felix's base class having a different name is a dead giveaway.

VardenSalad

Something i should have done years ago: posting a ton of .sav files.
Never forget why you started playing.

VardenSalad

VardenSalad

Caledor

Try to zip a bunch of them, they'd still be small enough to fit in one attchment. Thanks anyway, they'll be useful for testing purposes.

bpat

I gave Reloaded another go and it's just as fun as I remember. Not much to say about TBS since it's a simpler game, except it'd be nice if Mia could get Break at lvl25 or 26 instead of 27, because from my experience Break is needed to reliably beat Deadbeard and without it he will massacre your party after a couple of Impact casts. I am pretty sure I could have beat him earlier if I had Break earlier but I level-ground my party from around lvl25 until Mia hit lvl27 because I needed Break. My favorite class setup was Ivan and Mia in base classes and Isaac and Garet as Chaos Lords. This allowed for better defense rotations since I could have Ground, Granite, and Flash all on Garet instead of split between Isaac and Garet and with Mia's Wish Well I had little difficulty surviving. Ivan's role was unleashing Djinn and summoning Thor since Jupiter Djinn have great utility Djinn with Breeze, Zephyr, Kite, and Luff all being amazing. Also Chaos Lords are surprisingly good casters late game in TBS thanks to Fiery Blast and Wild Growth.

I've always liked TLA more since it has more interesting choices with class setups due to early Djinn imbalance, eight characters, tri-element classes being useful, and class-changing items. I still struggled in Yampi Desert and the nearby overworld, as well as all of Gondowan, but I was probably severely underlevelled with my average level around 15-16 by the time I recruited Piers. Briggs is a good fight, with all three adepts burning through a majority of their PP pool by the end. In the Eastern Sea, my zone order was Aqua Rock, Tundaria Tower, Gaia Rock, Ankohl Ruins. Of these, I found Aqua Rock and Ankohl Ruins relatively easy, Tundaria Tower brutal (in a good way), and Gaia Rock in the middle. I'm pretty sure you're supposed to do Gaia Rock before Tundaria Tower but I really wanted Ether so I did Tundaria Tower first. Avimander and Poseidon are still good fights, not much new to say about them. Avimander may be a bit on the easy side though.

In the Western Sea, Moapa and his Knights are still trivially easy. The only scary thing they do is Bramble Seed and similar which are rare. Karst and Agatio are also pretty easy compared to the Flame Dragons. If the Flame Dragons are intended to be fought after looting Treasure Isle, Yampi Desert Cave, and Islet Cave and getting a near endgame setup then their difficulty is in a good spot. After getting all the Djinn and items I need, I used the following team setup for Balrog, Star Magician, and Sentinel in that order (haven't fought Dullahan yet as he'll probably require a different setup focused on two-element classes). My party was level 34-36 before Balrog and now they're level 37-38.

Jonin Isaac: Best physical class alongside Chaos Lord but doesn't suck at casting. Low luck is an issue at times, most notably during the Balrog and Star Magician fights where he, Garet, and Felix kept getting stunned/deluded/sealed, but otherwise the class is fantastic. He runs an unleash setup with, Sol Blade, Mythril Helm, Riot Gloves, Valkyrie Mail, and Ninja Sandals.

Jonin Garet: He would have worked better as a Shogun since he isn't unleashing and he's focusing Venus and Mars power and they have better physical attack psynergy for these elements but Jonin is a surprisngly decent caster despite being a physical class. An unleash setup would make him a worse version of Isaac and Felix since the cursed items and Valkyrie Mail are occupied so he has a semi-caster setup with Alecto's Mace, Millenium Helm, Big Bang Gloves, Xylion Armor, and Dragon Boots.

Fury Ivan: Despite the class's high attack stat it sucks at physical attacks (Tisiphone Edge is Venus, the only element not included in this class) and he's too low level for Spark Plasma and Pyroclasm. Currently he's the weakest member of my party but he can still be useful by casting Impact and unleashing against enemies with high defense or Jupiter weakness. He runs a caster unleash setup with Lachesis' Rule, Berserk Circlet, Mythril Armlet, Mythril Clothes, and Ninja Sandals.

Angel Mia: Best healing class in the game (or will be once she finally learns Pure Wish haha). Agility is awful but can in your favor during boss fights if you are using two healers. She can unleash Shade or Balm without messing up her class if she doesn't need to heal that turn. Ice Missle shreds random encounters thanks to her insane 224 Mercury power. Her setup is for maximizing Mercury power with Clotho's Distaff, Psychic Circlet, Selene's Armlet, Triton's Ward, and Dragon Boots.

Jonin Felix: I decided that the difference between Darksword and Excalibur unleash setups is bigger than the difference between Ker's Weight and Lachesis' Rule unleash setups so Felix gets the Cleric's Ring. He runs an unleash setup with, Darksword, Fear Helm, Terror Shield, Stealth Armor, and Ninja Sandals.

Radiant Miko Jenna: This class is better than I gave it credit for in the past. I used to hate how it gets stuck at Briar for so long but once I learned that unleashing Mud is pretty good the class felt a lot better. Mars power is completely irrelevant since she isn't a high enough level for Dragon Fume. Too bad Ker's Weight is cursed since not using it is a 10 Venus power loss but that's not a huge deal. Her setup is for maximizing Venus power with Nebula Wand, Psychic Circlet, Big Bang Gloves, and Mysterious Robe.

Pure Mage Sheba: She's too low level for Freeze Prism and Spark Plasma but she's still a solid healer. Only significant advantage she has over Mia is agility and Revive but both of those are important at times.

Dragontamer Piers: I don't really like his class options for physical attacks since he will never measure up to a Jonin but Dragontamer is an awesome jack-of-all-trades class with solid physical damage, a party heal, a revive, a decent area damage psynergy, and Impact. It doesn't do any of these things particularly well but having someone so flexible is great. He runs a weird hybrid setup with Herculean Axe, Millenium Helm, Riot Gloves, Xylion Armor, and Ninja Sandals. Tisiphone Edge and Dragon Boots would possibly better uses of those slots but having a 57% unleash chance isn't awful and he's still a good caster with the rest of his gear.

Balrog was a fun and moderately challenging fight since he kept stunning my Jonins (Felix has 9 luck haha). Moloch was a serious issue since it gutted my party's agility allowing him to act twice before any of my adepts could act, which was a disaster. The trick I found was to unleash Zephyr a ton to counteract this. Whenever I really needed him to not summon something I had Jenna unleash Petra. He also sometimes burned a lot of Djinn of an element, disabling party heal psynergy for a while, so I had to swap my healers around as well. It was pretty hectic swapping stunned adepts in and out but overall it wasn't too difficult after I figured out the key Djinni to use.

Star Magician's fight was harder since he kept deluding and sealing my adepts. Shuriken worked wonders against the Guardian and Refresh Balls but my Jonins can't cast it when they're sealed which happened a ton thanks to their awful luck stat. One unleash from Isaac or Felix would drop a Refresh Ball and two would drop a Guardian Ball but they can't unleash when deluded. Because of the constant statuses, Tonic and Salt were key Djinni aside from the usual Flash, Shade, Granite, Aroma, and Ether. Star Magician was probably the hardest of the three superboss I fought since it's hard to even be able to damage him in the first place and I can't afford to take a turn of no damage dealing if there's a Refresh Ball.

Sentinel was surprisingly the easiest superboss of the three I fought since he's the most 'fair'. He's slow, he won't mess with my Djinn, he won't use any disables, and he won't summon allies. Isaac and Felix were the only ones doing damage to the boss since they were my only good unleashers. Ivan could have been decent if I gave him Atropos' Rod but I forgot to bring one. In retrospect I should have swapped Felix's Darksword with Tisiphone Edge but I forgot to do that was well. Even with Felix and Isaac's crazy physical setups, Sentinel's defense shot through the roof after a couple casts of Guard so I needed Kindle/Forge/Impact to balance this out. Fortunately, all my adepts aside from Jenna, Mia, and Sheba have access to Impact which help Felix and Isaac deal enough damage. Sadly Sentinel loves to use Break (while being immune to Break himself) so I had to keep reapplying Impact but overall he wasn't too hard. He occasionally one-rounded a few of my adepts but I have enough access to reviving that this wasn't a major issue.

Attached is a file with saves right before each of these superbosses.

bpat

Based on my experiences during my two playthroughs, I have some suggestions for some item and class changes.

Items

Dragon Skin items suck except the boots. Usually you end up with enough adepts in classes that can use the relevant psynergy which aren't even that important aside from boss battles. I recommend adding elemental resistances or some other stats to make these worth using since the psynergy is not good enough.

Most weapons from early forgeable (not rusty) items aren't very good compared to the armors and even if they are good, they are quickly replaced, like Sylph Rapier vs Lightning Sword or Murakamo.

Golem Core items aside from Titan Gloves are pretty bad for the time you get them. For instance Chronos Mail is worse than Dragon Scales which you get much earlier.

Berserk Circlet should give attack (around 20-30) instead of or in addition to the PP in order to make the Fury and Valkyrie classes actually work as physical attackers. I'll explain more when I talk about those classes.

I changed my mind about the cursed mage items from my previous playthrough. They are good but they aren't good enough to justify the Cleric's Ring when Lachesis' Rule is almost as good for unleash setups. Comparing Dark Robe to Xylion Armor is pretty sad considering Dark Robe just has 5 more of each power in exchange for 5 defense and not being cursed. Sure elemental power isn't that great on warrior adepts compared to mage adepts but really mage adepts don't need more than one or two elemental powers and +25 power +40 resist options exist for each element as well as Iris Robe.

Any hope for a new endgame quality mace or light blade? There is only one endgame quality weapon light blade and two endgame quality maces (Tisiphone Edge, Rising Mace, and Alecto's Mace, and Rising Mace's attack stat is pretty bad for endgame) which severely limits the options for the Fury and Valkyrie classes and warrior adept semicaster builds.

Classes

I mentioned this in my previous post but it'd be awesome if Break would be learned a couple levels earlier. It only really matters for the Deadbeard fight and it's not very fun to level grind just for Break.

I don't really understand how Fury and Valkyrie are supposed to work. They appear to be physical classes but they just don't work as such. Firstly, compared to an Excalibur unleash setup with Riot Gloves, Tisiphone Edge, Rising Mace, and Alecto's Mace lose 28, 28, and 20 attack respectively before scaling (since you need Mythirl Armlet over Riot Gloves) and Excalibur doesn't even give as much attack as Sol Blade, Darksword, or Herculean Axe. Jenna has a decent personal attack stat but Valkyrie's 155% mod is abysmal. I'm not seeing what she brings to the table compared to Holy Knight Piers. Fury is a bit more interesting, since it seems pretty similar to the Inquisitor class but with a bunch of attack and Planetery tacked on. Ivan can only use Tisiphone edge which sucks because he will have no Venus power. Alecto's Mace seems decent on Sheba and Mia but their low personal attack stat combined with the low stats on their items and the weak 160% mod on the class makes them very bad at physical attacks. My recommendation is to reduce the PP modifier and increase the attack modifier of these classes to 175% or so, in addition to adding an attack stat buff to the Berserk Circlet in order to make these classes function as physical attackers. As they are now, their Plume Edge and Planetary psynergies are useless and their better off as a pure caster or a Lachesis' Rule/Atropos' Rod unleasher.

Chronotakular

Did you make a new game for this mod? iirc Caledor did some tweaking on innate psyenergies and things don't work properly if you don't start a new file on the patched rom.

I have no idea why you may have this issue though, consider I exclusively played on the latest version and didn't have that problem.

A temporary fix: You can hack a Frost Gem in to your party. :P

Caledor

@bpat
those are all excellent suggestions and there might be enough material for a new release. Especially on the Valkyrie/Fury part and the lack of endgame light blades. Most midgame items are just too hard to salvage instead. There's simply a lot of stuff into a small time frame, it's really no wonder you can't enjoy every single piece as much as you'd want to before it gets outclassed.

@zadiel
As chrono said, Piers now has frost innately, and innate psynergies are distributed the moment you start a new game. if you patch your game and hit continue piers will lose Frost as it isn't in his base class anymore.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

QuoteAs chrono said, Piers now has frost innately, and innate psynergies are distributed the moment you start a new game. if you patch your game and hit continue piers will lose Frost as it isn't in his base class anymore.
Off chance this can be remedied by resetting the innate Psynergy every time you load a file? = Sounds like I could make a patch for general use.

Example - I'm thinking:

if (does not have Psynergy)
{
    give Psynergy
}

(And flag checks for the Rock Psynergy.)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Caledor

Would fix the psynergy issue, but it wouldn't remedy the broken stats (especially Luck) grow differently from the vanilla game. I'd rather keep it as it is then: a reminder that you'd be better off starting anew.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Good point. It might be better to start anew, yeah.

While there could be a way to partially fix the stats issue? (Only somewhat.) I really should take another look at your hack(s)... If enough of the game was played that you would have gotten an extreme advantage in level # or something... then it most certainly wouldn't be recommended.

I'm thinking:
tempVar = Current level value.... (For each char)
Set cur level value to 0 for each char (I think)...
And then call the level up function with tempVar to level that many times.
Call the recalculate stats function (So djinn/class/item stats are counted.)

I'm assuming stat-boosting items could also be checked? (Check treasure flags for if obtained, and artifacts for if dropped. (When it is an artifact) .... If it is assumed you used them, the items could always be re-added to a character/shop without putting them in as stats.)

It might be better to start anew, yeah.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Caledor

Regarding bpat's suggestions. After a bit of analysis here's what i came up with regarding the endgame.

- There will be a strong Jupiter-based Light Blade. No new items though. A few midgame blades will be moved around to have 1 strong endgame Jupiter LB. Tisiphone might even drop to second best.
- Berserker Circlet will also boost attack. Probably by 20.
- Dark Robe will probably be boosted to +30 power to all.
- Classes will see minimal or no change at all.

About the midgame: a few elemental resistances might be fine for the dragon equipment.
If there is to be a change regarding Golem Core's equipment, it will be Chronos Mail. I doubt weapons will be touched.