Golden Sun Hacking Community
January 22, 2018, 12:16:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [RELEASE] Golden Sun Reloaded  (Read 33108 times)

I need saves to test encounters in GS Reloaded!

Great Member

Coins: 13

« Reply #300 on: January 05, 2018, 03:31:11 PM »

@bpat
those are all excellent suggestions and there might be enough material for a new release. Especially on the Valkyrie/Fury part and the lack of endgame light blades. Most midgame items are just too hard to salvage instead. There's simply a lot of stuff into a small time frame, it's really no wonder you can't enjoy every single piece as much as you'd want to before it gets outclassed.

@zadiel
As chrono said, Piers now has frost innately, and innate psynergies are distributed the moment you start a new game. if you patch your game and hit continue piers will lose Frost as it isn't in his base class anymore.
View Profile
Fox
Fox McCloud, the Hacking Doctor
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

Coins: 28

I am: certainly not a Gallant!
Clan Position: Head Gallant

« Reply #301 on: January 05, 2018, 03:56:33 PM »

As chrono said, Piers now has frost innately, and innate psynergies are distributed the moment you start a new game. if you patch your game and hit continue piers will lose Frost as it isn't in his base class anymore.
Off chance this can be remedied by resetting the innate Psynergy every time you load a file? = Sounds like I could make a patch for general use.

Example - I'm thinking:

if (does not have Psynergy)
{
    give Psynergy
}

(And flag checks for the Rock Psynergy.)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 04:09:21 PM by Fox » Logged

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Remember kids! Before you go on that interview, remember to wash your hands in teawater! *Coughs on hand* (Excuse me, I just coughed up a little teawater, so they're still clean!) You wouldn't want that hiring manager to be unimpressed.

May the force be with you!
Shoo! Why does it smell in here?
Maybe that's the wrong kind of force. *smirk*
View Profile

Great Member

« Reply #302 on: January 05, 2018, 04:04:24 PM »

Would fix the psynergy issue, but it wouldn't remedy the broken stats (especially Luck) grow differently from the vanilla game. I'd rather keep it as it is then: a reminder that you'd be better off starting anew.
View Profile
Fox
Fox McCloud, the Hacking Doctor
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

Coins: 28

I am: certainly not a Gallant!
Clan Position: Head Gallant

« Reply #303 on: January 05, 2018, 04:26:16 PM »

Good point. It might be better to start anew, yeah.

While there could be a way to partially fix the stats issue? (Only somewhat.) I really should take another look at your hack(s)... If enough of the game was played that you would have gotten an extreme advantage in level # or something... then it most certainly wouldn't be recommended.

I'm thinking:
tempVar = Current level value.... (For each char)
Set cur level value to 0 for each char (I think)...
And then call the level up function with tempVar to level that many times.
Call the recalculate stats function (So djinn/class/item stats are counted.)

I'm assuming stat-boosting items could also be checked? (Check treasure flags for if obtained, and artifacts for if dropped. (When it is an artifact) .... If it is assumed you used them, the items could always be re-added to a character/shop without putting them in as stats.)

It might be better to start anew, yeah.

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Remember kids! Before you go on that interview, remember to wash your hands in teawater! *Coughs on hand* (Excuse me, I just coughed up a little teawater, so they're still clean!) You wouldn't want that hiring manager to be unimpressed.

May the force be with you!
Shoo! Why does it smell in here?
Maybe that's the wrong kind of force. *smirk*
View Profile

Great Member

« Reply #304 on: January 05, 2018, 11:22:07 PM »

Regarding bpat's suggestions. After a bit of analysis here's what i came up with regarding the endgame.

- There will be a strong Jupiter-based Light Blade. No new items though. A few midgame blades will be moved around to have 1 strong endgame Jupiter LB. Tisiphone might even drop to second best.
- Berserker Circlet will also boost attack. Probably by 20.
- Dark Robe will probably be boosted to +30 power to all.
- Classes will see minimal or no change at all.

About the midgame: a few elemental resistances might be fine for the dragon equipment.
If there is to be a change regarding Golem Core's equipment, it will be Chronos Mail. I doubt weapons will be touched.
View Profile

New User

Coins: 0

« Reply #305 on: January 06, 2018, 09:28:00 AM »

Is there a list of the changes to levels you learn certain Psyenergies at for the existing classes? I'm not seeing Death Plunge as a Ninja and I'm already at 20   Isaac Mars Djinni Set Jupiter Djinni Set
And do Seer classes no longer get Growth?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 09:40:21 AM by karmaepsilon » Logged
View Profile

Great Member

« Reply #306 on: January 06, 2018, 11:39:40 AM »

Is there a list of the changes to levels you learn certain Psyenergies at for the existing classes? I'm not seeing Death Plunge as a Ninja and I'm already at 20   Isaac Mars Djinni Set Jupiter Djinni Set
You can check psynergy sets with the class doc linked in the opening post and learning levels by opening the modded rom with Atrius' editor.
View Profile

New User

« Reply #307 on: January 06, 2018, 01:03:15 PM »

You can check psynergy sets with the class doc linked in the opening post and learning levels by opening the modded rom with Atrius' editor.
Ah it's listed under Jonin whereas I've just become so used to it being listed as Ninja in other places. That last part seems inconvenient but alright
Sidenote: Oh gods y'all cranked Toadonpa's HP up a lot. Could not win that attrition war. (I like it, gonna have to actually grind a bit for once)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 01:08:11 PM by karmaepsilon » Logged
View Profile

« Reply #308 on: January 06, 2018, 06:44:11 PM »

Hydros Statue has me a bit perplexed. Can't seem to poison the bugger and Ply-usage makes me sad.

Never forget why you started playing.
View Profile

Great Member

« Reply #309 on: January 07, 2018, 02:29:40 AM »

Changelog for v1.63 plus (TLA Only) v1.65b

Classes tweaked: Ninja, Valkirie, all Piers' tri-elemental

Corsair's Edge renamed to Sidereal Edge
Phaeton's Blade is now the strongest light blade (165 atk, x2.2 unleash)
Tisiphone Edge slightly weakened (-4 atk), Rising Mace improved
Pirate Sabre weakened to old Corsair's edge level
Sidereal Edge improved to old Phaeton's Blade level
Acheron's Grief multiplier increased to 2.2 but is non-elemental
Dark Robe boosts elemental power by 30
Berserker Circlet also boosts attack by 20. Unleash bonus lowered to +5%
Demonic Circlet boosts PP by 40, PP regen lowered to 5/turn
Mace's and Firebrand's unleashes boosted : +0.1 to every multiplier
Dragon's Mail now boosts HP & Criticals
Chronos Mail also resists earth and improves luck; hp bonus lowered
Erinyes Tunic bonus to crits increased
Dragon's Robe now boosts Fire power & res and replenishes PP
Dragon Shield now boosts Fire & Water resist
Swapped elemental boost for ailment bonus on warrior's cursed gear
Tweaked Millenia Helm & Alastor's Hood

Treasure changes:
Corsair's Edge in Lemuria -> Pirate Sabre
Pirate Sabre in Western Sea -> 500 Coins
Phaeton's Blade in J. Lighthouse -> Sidereal Edge
Orichalcum chest in Anemos Sanctum -> Phaeton's Blade

Djinn:
Mud and Chill swapped places

Explanation:
Originally you found a light blade in lemuria and then one immediately after acquiring Grind. Since those are too close to each other, I removed the Western sea one (replaced with coins) to make the Lemuria blade live a bit longer and create an endgame Jupiter Light Blade.

NB: due to the changes to treasure chests and djinn (especially djinn) you can't just upgrade v1.63 to v1.65 whenever you want. You have two things to look out for that might ruin your playthrough.
1st. You MUSTN'T upgrade when you have only one djinn among Mud and Chill, or you'll permanently lose the other one. Either before acquiring one of the two or after you have both.
2nd. In addition to the above statement, it is strongly recommended that you upgrade either before acquiring Phaeton's Blade in Jupiter Lighthouse OR after obtaining Darkmatter from Anemos Sanctum.

The reason behind the second point is that Phaeton's blade has been moved into the (former) Darkmatter chest in Anemos Sanctum and its strength has increased accordingly. That point is to avoid ending up with a very strong weapon too early or with two Phaeton's.

All things considered the best moments to upgrade midgame are either before Mud/Chill, whatever comes first, or after both Mud and Chill are acquired but before Lemuria, where you acquire the Pirate Sabre/Corsair's Edge, the first of the rearranged weapons.

Updated patch is in the attachment.

* GSTLA Reloaded v1.65b.ips (200 KB - downloaded 19 times.)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 12:53:35 AM by Caledor » Logged
View Profile

« Reply #310 on: January 07, 2018, 08:14:43 AM »

Hydros can easily put out 150+ damage on any single adept and I have enough djinn for 1 wish user in the fight. I can't tell how I'm supposed to win a damage race with this behemoth that I can't poison, has Break, and heals itself.

Yeah, I can't do 247 damage a turn and Hydros just casually heals it off with one of its two moves. Making no progress in this fight.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 05:13:02 PM by VardenSalad » Logged

Never forget why you started playing.
View Profile

Great Member

« Reply #311 on: January 09, 2018, 06:03:41 PM »

TLA patch updated to v1.63 plus. Changelog and download link are in the message above.

@varden. ATM my opinion, after reading other people reports and from my memories of when i fought it, is that Hydros statue is challenging but winnable. It just poses the right amount of challenge. So i'm afraid i need more than a written report about this one. Either a save, or a video.

EDIT 10/1/2018: I completely forgot the promised changes to some pieces of midgame equipment in v1.63 plus, so i updated patches for both games to v1.65. TBS' is in the download section, TLA's in the same post where you found v1.63plus (scroll up from here) in the attachment, with an updated changelog.

EDIT 2: Updated again to v1.65b (both games) for minor equipment tweaks and a few class tweaks. Patches links/changelogs at same places as v1.65 described above.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 12:51:50 AM by Caledor » Logged
View Profile

Great Member

« Reply #312 on: January 10, 2018, 07:21:45 PM »

Recap of addressed issues since v1.63:

• Lack of strong endgame Light Blade, possibly Jupiter for warrior Ivan
    Rearranged Corsair's Edge and Pirate Sabre, moved Phaeton's Blade to Anemos' Sanctum
  • Weakness of Dragon Skin's equipment
    Overall boost, aligned Dragon's Robe with Princess' and Feathered Robe
  • Early Game Djinn Imbalance
    When Piers joins you end up with 2/3/3/5 Ve/Ma/Ju/Me Djinns. Swapping Mud with Chill changes the distribution to a much more manageable 3/3/3/4.
  • Role of mage/warrior hybrid classes: Ninja, Valkyrie, Fury and General. Mages lack attack.
    Tentative fixes: Atk boost in Berserker Circlet, PP boost in Millenium Helm.

Enter v1.67.

First three points were completely solved as of v1.65b. There's still lots to do about the fourth though.
  • Difference in PP multipliers between mages and warrior much larger than the difference in Attack multipliers
    Reduced by 10% the PP multiplier of ALL caster classes, all characters gain 10 more PP between levels 19-39. Result: caster classes unchanged, every warrior gained ~15 PP at lv 39.
  • Gap between Scrouge/Dragon Fume and the rest of the endgame psynergies is too big.
    Reduced base power of Scrouge, DF and Call Dullahan, boosted every MT psynergy learned after 35. Also reflects the big jump in unleashes' strength after that level (from x1.9 to x2.2).
  • Rarely used pieces of equipment.
    Iris' Robe boosts attack and Ailments instead of Luck now (the mage atk boost moved from Berserk Circlet to Iris Robe), the 2 Greaves also boost Jupiter and Mercury power, to cover for the blind spot left by Big Bang Gloves. Pending: Cosmos Shield.
  • Hybrid Classes
    Valkyrie gained Ragnarok and can run a ailment/atk boost build pretty well, turning into a full support character. Ninja/General can cast much better thanks to Greaves and Millenium Helm. I'm still concerned about Fury: the way it is it's completely overshadowed by the Shogun, so i still have some work to do here before this release.

In progress...
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 11:39:54 AM by Caledor » Logged
View Profile
leaf
Potions class is starting
Venus Clan

Death Eater+Grass Snake = Snake Eater? SNAAAAAAAKE

Veteran Member

Coins: 10

« Reply #313 on: Yesterday at 05:33:22 AM »

So, I started playing this hack, starting with TBS.

Re: Djinn fleeing: Forge trying to flee on turn 2 after a reset is absolute bullshit. I spammed all of my strongest attacks, and couldn't kill it before its turn came up. I had to keep resetting until its flee failed, then kill it the following turn. Honestly, djinn fleeing adds nothing gameplay-wise and is just a frustration factor for the player. It was lame in vanilla and it's lame here. There's no reason to keep this mechanic at all.

Everything else up to kolima seemed fine, but the enemies introduced in kolima and tret are... a bit much. I assume that the "intended" fighting style here is psynergy spam, but even that isn't enough to kill the enemies before they put down some serious hurt, so your PP ends up going both toward damage *and* healing. Fighting normally and healing between battles isn't really sustainable, so I ended up having to rely on summon spam to get through it. Surprisingly, even with summon spam, I was still unable to one-round some enemies (trolls are notorious for this), and the agility of the bees and gnomes meant that I was always going to take some damage from them, even if they *do* die to two lv2 summons.

Unless summons are the intended way to get through this area, either atk or hp should really come down for these foes. They simply do too much damage for how sturdy they are. Even after switching to summons, I still had to heal frequently enough that I had to use a mountain water on isaac before taking on tret (speaking of which, I'm really thankful for this item being in the game).

Specific enemies:

Bees: Faster than isaac until he reaches a certain level (wasn't keeping track of what level that specifically is, whoops), inflicts over 30 damage on a single attack and can stun. Extremely high priority to get rid of these things, but with their agility value, they'll always get off something before going down. I'd say drop agility a few points so isaac can outspeed them at least one level sooner.

Trolls: Way too sturdy. Damage is fine considering their low agility. I'd reduce HP and increase regen.

Spiders: Seem fine, for the most part. Maybe a bit lower hp to more reliably one-round them?

Amaze (or whatever variant this one is called, idr): Its bulk and damage reminds me of GSC suicune. It doesn't do a lot of damage at once, but it lasts long enough that it builds up. It really likes spamming ghostly rumble. I think its bulk is fine, but it could do with a touch less damage, so you aren't punished so heavily for ignoring it while you deal with other bigger threats.

The tret battle seemed reasonable, but I only had a single ally fall asleep throughout the entire battle, and it happened to be near the end. With how frequently he spams sleep star, if someone were unlucky and had it trigger more often, they'd probably lose. A small nerf to HP would probably make this fight consistently winnable, since I was basically completely out of PP when victory came through.

---

Moving onto bilibin cave, holy @#$% the ghoul is so overpowered. High hp, high damage, and it drain-tanks. You must really want me to summon spam through this. If summon spam wasn't an option here, I would probably just straight-up flee when I get an encounter like double ghoul+double ooze. I nearly wiped on that party once, and had to trek back to bilibin to revive isaac.

Outside the cave, grizzly is another enemy that just has too much HP. Even with full focus from all three party members, they don't die in a single round unless you target focus summons on them. Atalanta+Ramses barely kills one if both are focused on the same target. Meanwhile, most psynergy at this point doesn't even break 50 damage, with gust as the only non-summon option for one-rounding them (deals 100+ damage on a double-hit, but is unreliable).

For reference, I currently have isaac with elven rapier, garet with an axe, and everyone with the best possible defensive equipment available. I've just arrived at imil.

Spoiler for quotes:
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O
View Profile

Great Member

« Reply #314 on: Yesterday at 06:37:25 PM »

I'm kinda hesitant about making changes to TBS at this point. Unlike TLA i've played my mod there multiple times so i'm quite satisfied with the outcome, balance wise. Still, i'll definitively keep all this in mind if i start another playthrough of book 1.

Also, levels are extremely important when reporting about balance in the early game.

ATM, the Fury/Shogun issue has the utmost priority so i can release v1.67
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 06:58:40 PM by Caledor » Logged
View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
January 17, 2018, 04:07:51 PM
KyleRunner: :D
January 16, 2018, 08:44:56 PM
Fox: I must say... life can be complicated..... when you have question(s) (via email) ... and it seems like they sort of get ignored. :D ; Fun, (And sometimes, a person may respond, and completely not answer the question.... so like... 3-person conversation.) Hahahaha!!
January 15, 2018, 07:26:16 PM
Fox: (path) 1 text=(address) char=(address) free=(address) ; << Well, closer to this... but yeah... even if I do choose to have defaults in the code, I could still use this method for overrides.
January 15, 2018, 07:24:28 PM
Fox: So like (path) 0 text=(address) char=(address) len=(number) ; (path) 1 free=(address) ; Or something. But that's just a quick example.
January 15, 2018, 06:59:14 PM
Fox: Hopefully. I was wanting to make it so you could put in the addresses/etc. as one of the arguments in the path. Hm?
January 15, 2018, 03:37:07 PM
KyleRunner: Nice! I hope you'll add compatibility with others games (GS1, Mario Golf and Tennis) soon.
January 14, 2018, 11:40:09 PM
Fox: Okay. Posted (in Downloads section) an initial cutdown version for now, for my text compressor. Basically to separate the code from my Editor for anyone who wants to mess with it. It only supports GS2, because I still didn't add the addresses/etc. for the other games.
January 14, 2018, 05:01:00 PM
Fox: Okay! Going to need to think how I want it to work. Initial thoughts is maybe have a number of arguments in the filepath thing. And have a number of shortcuts (files) to be used as examples. Assuming there are no problems.
January 14, 2018, 10:38:24 AM
KyleRunner: Well... I'm used to editing text ina a text editor, so... yes! Thanks in advance!
January 13, 2018, 11:38:43 PM
Fox: (Text editor = Text Document like notepad.)
January 13, 2018, 11:38:21 PM
Fox: Would you prefer during the text editing in a text editor? (Like what gstoolkit lets you do?) I could probably make a separate tool or something to compress it.
January 13, 2018, 10:10:02 PM
KyleRunner: Ok. Once I finish my Lost Age translation, I'll try a Mario Golf one. Thanks. (But I'll need help).
January 13, 2018, 10:03:17 PM
Fox: If you want to make it "permanent" (part of a hack), then you'd edit code in the ROM that writes to this location of the IDs you'd want to change. (You can find these locations by using a breakpoint debugger like SDL-H or no$gba.)
January 13, 2018, 10:00:11 PM
Fox: Reload/switch = Recommended to be done through Debug mode/warp menu, ofcourse... since doors seem to appear as if they were disabled? ; 03001238:01 and B+Start to get to warp menu.
January 13, 2018, 09:55:39 PM
Fox: @Kyle Runner = It might be, but you'd have to use the correct addresses for Mario Golf, rather than for GS2 as I have it right now. ; @raijinken = Yes. 02000454 = ID of leader. (Change this and reload/switch room you are in, enjoy.)
January 13, 2018, 02:23:29 PM
raijinken: Hey guys, is it possible to somehow change the lead character on the map? Was wondering. I remember there was a cheat to use Jenna, but what if I wanted Isaac, or Piers?
January 13, 2018, 02:10:03 PM
KyleRunner: Hey, Fox *
January 13, 2018, 02:09:37 PM
KyleRunner: Hey, is your text editor compatible with Mario Golf (GBA)?
January 11, 2018, 08:33:13 PM
Fox: But if it isn't an oversight, I still can't imagine it being that useful.
January 11, 2018, 08:28:24 PM
Fox: part, ofcourse.

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise