Golden Sun Hacking Community
May 23, 2019, 06:01:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 40   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [RELEASE] Golden Sun Reloaded  (Read 112599 times)

I need saves to test encounters in GS Reloaded!

Excellent Member

Coins: 0

« Reply #315 on: January 25, 2018, 07:21:04 PM »

The first one should work, as long as Sala didn't place his code in other areas of the ROM. In that case it might overlap with mine.

The other two are mine so there's no need to patch: every other patch I made and uploaded here is already included into Reloaded.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 07:23:35 PM by Caledor » Logged
View Profile

New User

« Reply #316 on: January 25, 2018, 07:26:22 PM »

Thanks, good to know. <3
View Profile

« Reply #317 on: January 25, 2018, 07:46:35 PM »

Saw leaf's knocks on the Tret dungeon, wanted to comment:

I didn't have an issue with my team going through Tret. No one should ever underestimate the usefulness of grabbing 15 herbs or so, considering they cost 10 a piece and are EXTREMELY useful early game.

Tret does have a bit too much HP; a few of your newer boss battles fall into that problem. You're either safe enough to know you'll be fine and the fight drags way too long or you get blitzed in the first few rounds and need to change your party composition. It isn't strength of the bosses that are normally the issue, but durability. And please, for the love of everything, remove djinn's ability to run away.

Never forget why you started playing.
View Profile

Excellent Member

« Reply #318 on: January 25, 2018, 09:18:07 PM »

One of the things i've already done for next release (fixes as i play TLA) is a minor tweak to prices (herbs to 12 and corn halved to 40). As for bosses life i think i used the same multiplier for hp literally everywhere, there's also the scenario when you drop your guard under the illusion you'll be fine and that's when you get blitzed.

@Djinn. I've seen this sooo many times, it's never been an issue for me over god knows how many playthroughs since vanilla GS, only a very minor annoyance. It's run away? heal, change room, reload, mess with the RNG, whatever... Probably 3-5 djinn will run away once in anyone's entire playthrough if they beat them quickly enough. Seriously if anyone experiences the same djinn running away over and over i blame the RNG.

I seriously considered getting rid of it before replying, cause i don't know how many times i've read this advice. But I still like the concept of djinn being intelligent creatures who value survival if the situation seems dire, and i value it more than the minor annoyance it provides.
View Profile

Excellent Member

« Reply #319 on: January 30, 2018, 11:45:26 PM »

Expect a new patch in the next 48-72 hours. I just found out that Asteria Staff isn't where it was supposed to be (Shrine of the Sea God). I'll also check every treasure chest and post a detailed list of all the changes, something i should've done a long time ago.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 06:45:30 PM by Caledor » Logged
View Profile

New User

« Reply #320 on: February 02, 2018, 06:27:55 PM »

Just finished TBS reloaded. The ramped up difficulty was great! Thanks for all the work in putting this together.
I'm excited to see all the changes in TLA, as it seems like that's where the bulk of the design choices were based. Unfortunately I can't get GSTLA v1.67 working - when I load the patched rom I get a blank black screen that continues indefinitely. I'm using VBA 1.8 but also tried VBA-m and mGBA with the same results. I've redownloaded both the patch and rom multiple times to no effect.
I grabbed the v1.63 file posted in this thread and that works, but I'd prefer to play with the latest changes and I'm also not sure how that will handle game transfer from TBS v1.67.
I'm thinking there must be an issue with the specific rom I'm using, but I can't seem to find any different versions across the numerous sites that allow you to obtain them. If only I still had my original cart to rip...
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 06:31:02 PM by MomongaMan » Logged
View Profile

Excellent Member

« Reply #321 on: February 02, 2018, 06:39:06 PM »

Hi MomongaMan thanks for playing this hack and glad you enjoyed it.

I'm aware of the issue with TLA you mentioned and I think it's related to the emulator you're using, cause other people didn't have issues. There are absolutely no issues with transfer from TBS to an older Reloaded version though, and the issue itself has already been fixed: it will be in the patch i already announced, which should be finalized and uploaded in a few hours from now.
View Profile

New User

« Reply #322 on: February 02, 2018, 07:58:04 PM »

Hi MomongaMan thanks for playing this hack and glad you enjoyed it.

I'm aware of the issue with TLA you mentioned and I think it's related to the emulator you're using, cause other people didn't have issues. There are absolutely no issues with transfer from TBS to an older Reloaded version though, and the issue itself has already been fixed: it will be in the patch i already announced, which should be finalized and uploaded in a few hours from now.

Awesome! I was actually able to dig up a rom that I think I ripped from the cart years ago and didn't have any luck with that one either. I've tried using several different versions of VBA and VBA-m, mGBA, and no$gba, across both Windows 10 and 7. I even threw it on a RetroPie I have set up. No dice.
View Profile

Excellent Member

« Reply #323 on: February 02, 2018, 10:53:22 PM »

v1.68 is up! I also updated the opening post to list ALL treasures i changed in TLA.

As usual, since i swapped the Rusty Staff (Asteria's Staff) in aqua rock with the Rusty Sword (Robber's Blade) in Shrine of the Sea god, you should upgrade to v1.68 before acquiring either of them or only after you have both. If you upgrade when you have found one but not the other, you'll lose the "other" permanently.

@MomongaMan maybe i'm wrong and it depends on the ROM you use for patching. Still, i had the same problem and it has been fixed for me so you shouldni't have issues anymore. Let me know if something goes wrong again though.
View Profile
annihilation656
« Reply #324 on: February 11, 2018, 04:35:33 PM »

Hi all. I'm a newbie to this site, however, I started playing this hack about a week and a half ago. I've gotten through a majority of this mod without much of a hitch, however now I am stuck at the Star Magician. Sentinel and Balrog were challenges, however, I beat them after some thought and strategy adjustment. But now I am stuck at the Star Magician and cannot think of any solutions other than getting insanely lucky. My party is between lvls 37-41. My original strat was to have 3 people with high luck(28-32) for healing and shade/flash/granite, however I pretty much get killed if anyone other than Felix(my damage dealer with the Jonin class luck=19) gets put to sleep. Can anyone give me some pointers on how to switch up my strategy because I feel like he is beatable at my level but I'm most likely overlooking something.

Also I've been reading this forum link and people are mentioning items such as the ninja sandals, which weren't in the final version of the original Lost Age, however I have no idea where these would be found. Is there a way for me to check out these item locations?

Thanks in advance

Excellent Member

« Reply #325 on: February 11, 2018, 07:05:44 PM »

Hi all. I'm a newbie to this site, however, I started playing this hack about a week and a half ago. I've gotten through a majority of this mod without much of a hitch, however now I am stuck at the Star Magician. Sentinel and Balrog were challenges, however, I beat them after some thought and strategy adjustment. But now I am stuck at the Star Magician and cannot think of any solutions other than getting insanely lucky. My party is between lvls 37-41. My original strat was to have 3 people with high luck(28-32) for healing and shade/flash/granite, however I pretty much get killed if anyone other than Felix(my damage dealer with the Jonin class luck=19) gets put to sleep. Can anyone give me some pointers on how to switch up my strategy because I feel like he is beatable at my level but I'm most likely overlooking something.

Also I've been reading this forum link and people are mentioning items such as the ninja sandals, which weren't in the final version of the original Lost Age, however I have no idea where these would be found. Is there a way for me to check out these item locations?

Thanks in advance

Hi annihilation656. Indeed you should be able to beat Star Magician (not without trouble though). It's pretty difficult yo give you advice with this generic setting but maybe you'd want to avoid classes weak to sleep like the Arcanist? Trying a different class setup is always an option.

About new items and whatnot: the opening post of this thread has all the answers you're looking for ;).
View Profile

Novice Member

« Reply #326 on: February 12, 2018, 09:11:23 PM »

You should be able to beat the Star Magician at those levels, my party was lower level than your when I beat him. I posted my party setup and strategy pack on page 20 of this thread. You need to have two healers most of the time and you should treat it like a battle of attrition, where as long as you deal more damage than he heals on average you will eventually win. Most rounds I had zero or one adepts damaging the Star Magician at all. Salt and Tonic Djinni are essential in this fight, plus the usual set of defense and PP restoring Djinni. Jonin are amazing here because Shuriken lets you hit two balls and the Star Magicial at the same time.
View Profile
annihilation656
« Reply #327 on: February 13, 2018, 02:55:49 AM »

Hi annihilation656. Indeed you should be able to beat Star Magician (not without trouble though). It's pretty difficult yo give you advice with this generic setting but maybe you'd want to avoid classes weak to sleep like the Arcanist? Trying a different class setup is always an option.

About new items and whatnot: the opening post of this thread has all the answers you're looking for ;).

Thanks for the advice about the Arcanist, I overlooked the fact that it's weak to sleep originally lol. I beat the Star Magician finally after getting a couple Triton Wards and Clotho's Distaves(for the luck). Didn't even have to grind, which is nice. I have to say that this is a pretty nicely set up boss in my opinion and probably my favorite boss fight in the mod so far. Can't wait to see what Dullahan is like

You should be able to beat the Star Magician at those levels, my party was lower level than your when I beat him. I posted my party setup and strategy pack on page 20 of this thread. You need to have two healers most of the time and you should treat it like a battle of attrition, where as long as you deal more damage than he heals on average you will eventually win. Most rounds I had zero or one adepts damaging the Star Magician at all. Salt and Tonic Djinni are essential in this fight, plus the usual set of defense and PP restoring Djinni. Jonin are amazing here because Shuriken lets you hit two balls and the Star Magicial at the same time.
Yeah, I'd have to agree that this really was a battle of attrition. I usually stuck with someone using either granite/flash/shade while having another one spam wish well/pure wish though this required that is use like 4 psy crystals. I didn't try to kill any of the balls with him unless they were guard or refresh because with pure wish and shade I could maintain just about max throughout the battle. I probably got to attack once every two turns or so usually but Jonin Felix with the sol blade and high crit rate is so good that it wasn't even that bad

Excellent Member

« Reply #328 on: February 15, 2018, 03:25:03 PM »

I really love how something once very marginal like vulnerabilities now are actually relevant in certain boss fights. It adds to the strategy element of the game, which was the goal of the "difficulty" part of the mod.

I'm still going through TLA Reloaded for the first time ever and making changes as I go. A new release is planned for when i beat Dullahan, unless something major pops up and i have to deal with it urgently.

Until now everything's been fine, and i just entered the Western Sea. I made some some very minor tweaks to the stats of midgame equipment (like +-2 to atk enforced by the Golden Rule) and made Avimander a bit stronger (it was a breeze at 28 the when i tried, so heat stun from x1.3 to x1.5, in line with other similar attacks, and his star attack reduces res).

The biggest change so far is the Gaia Axe that will become the Gaia Rod, venus boosting staff. The game really needs a venus based staff in the western sea (cause jenna can't equp tungsten mace) and golem core has 3 weapons equippable by warriors, so i think it's the perfect pick.

EDIT: Oh, and... a minor tweak to Deepsea Axe's icon to give it a blueish tone, since it still had the original Mighty Axe icon.

EDIT2: Gaia's Rod is done, the journey resumes.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 11:18:34 PM by Caledor » Logged
View Profile

Novice Member

« Reply #329 on: February 19, 2018, 11:19:35 PM »

I'd be curious about your endgame party composition and how it compares to mine once you get there. I haven't found any good compositions to fit Acrobat or Necromancer into which is a shame since they seem really cool.

I agree that a Venus staff is needed, assuming Gaia Rod is on par with Atropos' Rod and similar it will be greatly appreciated on Jenna. I found the Moapa and Karst and Agatio fights to be easier than Avimander, though I think I generally have a lower level party than you (mine was probably around level 26 when fighting Avimander) so that may influence things.
View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 40   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
Yesterday at 09:32:43 PM
radzo73: is there a patch that skips dialogue? Interested in making a TAS...
May 12, 2019, 12:15:01 PM
raijinken: Hey there guys. Been a long time. But has anyone found out how to make a hard mode of Dark Dawn?
April 18, 2019, 01:18:08 AM
Fox: Thinking.... meme topics.....    Isaac: Stop calling me a sack! Also, don't call me sick either!
April 03, 2019, 08:24:45 PM
Fox: Really don't see the point in the Crystal or even the crown conversation, but whatever... (I mean, if you want to do it, then just do it. - Doesn't need to be at GSHC, because there are no longer clan leaders at GSHC.)
April 03, 2019, 03:59:33 AM
squizzy44: We all need to band together to take down Crystal.
April 02, 2019, 12:00:09 AM
Fox: Your clan?  You can't edit it manually, so you have to tell an admin so they can do it. There's actually a topic for when you pick a clan... but uhh... I've no idea if an admin will see it via that, though. (Kain will certainly see id you ping him on GSHC Discord.)
April 01, 2019, 05:28:42 PM
squizzy44: How do I change my position on my profile? I haven't used the site in nearly 10 years...
March 31, 2019, 10:10:15 PM
Fox: I still wonder if a Tret glitch for speedrunning exists... I don't think I looked into if the PC was on one of the other layers. (Which basically the second layer edits @-0x200 instead of @-0x100... in the event you are going up (y-axis) out of bounds.) Hm.
March 31, 2019, 06:18:43 PM
Fox: Not me.
March 31, 2019, 02:59:38 PM
Salanewt: I don't know of any, although if there were then we'd have to send it as a patch file. I think someone is working on it at least!
March 29, 2019, 07:51:48 PM
MaxiPower: no such thing exists
March 26, 2019, 03:38:42 AM
reeZ931: I would really appreciate it 
March 26, 2019, 02:39:38 AM
reeZ931: Anyone have a golden sun rom where you can play as saturos and menardi properly? 
March 25, 2019, 09:31:15 PM
Fox: It would explain why everyone leaves so quickly after taking our bananas.
March 24, 2019, 10:36:10 PM
Fox: Wouldn't bananas increase agility the more you have? Like... Diddy Kong Racing reference.
March 22, 2019, 11:19:11 PM
Average Wind Seer: Banana: Restores 50PP to user. Restores 40PP to Isaac if Jenna uses this item.
March 22, 2019, 09:57:53 PM
Salanewt: Lol. I mean, I am thinking of adding a banana item to GS so...
March 22, 2019, 09:48:42 PM
Fox: Ooh! Sala's back!  I think he wants a banana.  All this banana talk must have attracted him.
March 22, 2019, 08:56:52 PM
Fox: :O I just notice I have no Coins to buy bananas with! (You know, the coins feature this forum has.)
March 04, 2019, 08:45:44 PM
Fox: Aw.  I kind of want to suggest dressing up in a banana costume.  No wait, that's a bad idea.

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise