Golden Sun Hacking Community
February 25, 2018, 07:50:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [RELEASE] Golden Sun Reloaded  (Read 37782 times)

I need saves to test encounters in GS Reloaded!

Great Member

Coins: 13

« Reply #330 on: February 11, 2018, 07:05:44 PM »

Hi all. I'm a newbie to this site, however, I started playing this hack about a week and a half ago. I've gotten through a majority of this mod without much of a hitch, however now I am stuck at the Star Magician. Sentinel and Balrog were challenges, however, I beat them after some thought and strategy adjustment. But now I am stuck at the Star Magician and cannot think of any solutions other than getting insanely lucky. My party is between lvls 37-41. My original strat was to have 3 people with high luck(28-32) for healing and shade/flash/granite, however I pretty much get killed if anyone other than Felix(my damage dealer with the Jonin class luck=19) gets put to sleep. Can anyone give me some pointers on how to switch up my strategy because I feel like he is beatable at my level but I'm most likely overlooking something.

Also I've been reading this forum link and people are mentioning items such as the ninja sandals, which weren't in the final version of the original Lost Age, however I have no idea where these would be found. Is there a way for me to check out these item locations?

Thanks in advance

Hi annihilation656. Indeed you should be able to beat Star Magician (not without trouble though). It's pretty difficult yo give you advice with this generic setting but maybe you'd want to avoid classes weak to sleep like the Arcanist? Trying a different class setup is always an option.

About new items and whatnot: the opening post of this thread has all the answers you're looking for ;).
View Profile

Novice Member

Coins: 1

« Reply #331 on: February 12, 2018, 09:11:23 PM »

Hi all. I'm a newbie to this site, however, I started playing this hack about a week and a half ago. I've gotten through a majority of this mod without much of a hitch, however now I am stuck at the Star Magician. Sentinel and Balrog were challenges, however, I beat them after some thought and strategy adjustment. But now I am stuck at the Star Magician and cannot think of any solutions other than getting insanely lucky. My party is between lvls 37-41. My original strat was to have 3 people with high luck(28-32) for healing and shade/flash/granite, however I pretty much get killed if anyone other than Felix(my damage dealer with the Jonin class luck=19) gets put to sleep. Can anyone give me some pointers on how to switch up my strategy because I feel like he is beatable at my level but I'm most likely overlooking something.

You should be able to beat the Star Magician at those levels, my party was lower level than your when I beat him. I posted my party setup and strategy pack on page 20 of this thread. You need to have two healers most of the time and you should treat it like a battle of attrition, where as long as you deal more damage than he heals on average you will eventually win. Most rounds I had zero or one adepts damaging the Star Magician at all. Salt and Tonic Djinni are essential in this fight, plus the usual set of defense and PP restoring Djinni. Jonin are amazing here because Shuriken lets you hit two balls and the Star Magicial at the same time.
View Profile

New User

Coins: 0

« Reply #332 on: February 13, 2018, 02:55:49 AM »

Hi annihilation656. Indeed you should be able to beat Star Magician (not without trouble though). It's pretty difficult yo give you advice with this generic setting but maybe you'd want to avoid classes weak to sleep like the Arcanist? Trying a different class setup is always an option.

About new items and whatnot: the opening post of this thread has all the answers you're looking for ;).

Thanks for the advice about the Arcanist, I overlooked the fact that it's weak to sleep originally lol. I beat the Star Magician finally after getting a couple Triton Wards and Clotho's Distaves(for the luck). Didn't even have to grind, which is nice. I have to say that this is a pretty nicely set up boss in my opinion and probably my favorite boss fight in the mod so far. Can't wait to see what Dullahan is like

You should be able to beat the Star Magician at those levels, my party was lower level than your when I beat him. I posted my party setup and strategy pack on page 20 of this thread. You need to have two healers most of the time and you should treat it like a battle of attrition, where as long as you deal more damage than he heals on average you will eventually win. Most rounds I had zero or one adepts damaging the Star Magician at all. Salt and Tonic Djinni are essential in this fight, plus the usual set of defense and PP restoring Djinni. Jonin are amazing here because Shuriken lets you hit two balls and the Star Magicial at the same time.
Yeah, I'd have to agree that this really was a battle of attrition. I usually stuck with someone using either granite/flash/shade while having another one spam wish well/pure wish though this required that is use like 4 psy crystals. I didn't try to kill any of the balls with him unless they were guard or refresh because with pure wish and shade I could maintain just about max throughout the battle. I probably got to attack once every two turns or so usually but Jonin Felix with the sol blade and high crit rate is so good that it wasn't even that bad
View Profile

Great Member

« Reply #333 on: February 15, 2018, 03:25:03 PM »

I really love how something once very marginal like vulnerabilities now are actually relevant in certain boss fights. It adds to the strategy element of the game, which was the goal of the "difficulty" part of the mod.

I'm still going through TLA Reloaded for the first time ever and making changes as I go. A new release is planned for when i beat Dullahan, unless something major pops up and i have to deal with it urgently.

Until now everything's been fine, and i just entered the Western Sea. I made some some very minor tweaks to the stats of midgame equipment (like +-2 to atk enforced by the Golden Rule) and made Avimander a bit stronger (it was a breeze at 28 the when i tried, so heat stun from x1.3 to x1.5, in line with other similar attacks, and his star attack reduces res).

The biggest change so far is the Gaia Axe that will become the Gaia Rod, venus boosting staff. The game really needs a venus based staff in the western sea (cause jenna can't equp tungsten mace) and golem core has 3 weapons equippable by warriors, so i think it's the perfect pick.

EDIT: Oh, and... a minor tweak to Deepsea Axe's icon to give it a blueish tone, since it still had the original Mighty Axe icon.

EDIT2: Gaia's Rod is done, the journey resumes.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 11:18:34 PM by Caledor » Logged
View Profile

Novice Member

Coins: 1

« Reply #334 on: February 19, 2018, 11:19:35 PM »

I'd be curious about your endgame party composition and how it compares to mine once you get there. I haven't found any good compositions to fit Acrobat or Necromancer into which is a shame since they seem really cool.

I agree that a Venus staff is needed, assuming Gaia Rod is on par with Atropos' Rod and similar it will be greatly appreciated on Jenna. I found the Moapa and Karst and Agatio fights to be easier than Avimander, though I think I generally have a lower level party than you (mine was probably around level 26 when fighting Avimander) so that may influence things.
View Profile

Great Member

« Reply #335 on: February 19, 2018, 11:37:04 PM »

I'd be curious about your endgame party composition and how it compares to mine once you get there. I haven't found any good compositions to fit Acrobat or Necromancer into which is a shame since they seem really cool.

I agree that a Venus staff is needed, assuming Gaia Rod is on par with Atropos' Rod and similar it will be greatly appreciated on Jenna. I found the Moapa and Karst and Agatio fights to be easier than Avimander, though I think I generally have a lower level party than you (mine was probably around level 26 when fighting Avimander) so that may influence things.

My default endgame party comp has always been, at least in tests:
Warlord Isaac, Shogun Garet, Arcanist Ivan, Pure Mage Mia, Chaos Lord Felix, Radiant Miko Jenna, Fateweaver Sara, Sea Lord Piers. Mages are built for their original element, Sol Blade on Felix, Herculean Axe on Isaac, Cursed gear on garet, Caladbolg on Piers, Orichalcon staff on ivan, Atropo Lachesis Clotho on the girls. But i'd like to try a different one this time.

If you want to use class X, you can just download the txt in the opening post and search for that class. The txt lists every possible class setup that doesn't waste djinn, so it's your best bet.

Gaia Rod replaces Gaia Axe so its level is 30, slightly weaker in atk than meditation rod (boosts venus power by 18). It was the best place to put it as it's exactly midway between anubis (lv 19) and ker (lv 40).
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 12:38:20 AM by Caledor » Logged
View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
February 19, 2018, 09:50:20 PM
KyleRunner: "difficult thing about the army": I'm very good at taking orders, so I don't have issues with autority or discipline. The most difficult thing is to be away from my family sometimes. I lived an entire year away from my son, so I'd say that was the most hard part by far. Now it's great!
February 19, 2018, 05:51:35 AM
Fox: I'm happy to see we have plenty of people serving the country here. :)
February 19, 2018, 05:47:15 AM
Fox: Civilian here.
February 19, 2018, 03:05:38 AM
Majora: Good for you, something to be proud of. Air Force, here
February 19, 2018, 02:11:31 AM
Fox: That's good to hear... just checking if there were any possibility of doubt. What would you say was your most difficult thing about the army?
February 18, 2018, 12:39:38 PM
KyleRunner: Well, it was a destiny kinda thing, but I was very happy when I decided to join. It was just like I thought it would be (not in the beginning, though). I'm very pleased with my decision.
February 17, 2018, 11:32:41 PM
Fox: That's awesome!  Trying to figure what question I want to ask Something about how you felt when you made the decision to do the army, and whether it was different than your expectations/etc.
February 17, 2018, 01:53:41 PM
KyleRunner: Wow... My english got rusty. Anyway... I'm in the army now. My life turned 180. But I think it was for the best.
February 16, 2018, 12:45:45 AM
Fox: Hm? So where does that make you today?
February 16, 2018, 12:06:38 AM
KyleRunner: Five years ago I could not even imagine where I am today. I hope it works well for you too!
February 12, 2018, 07:22:50 PM
Fox: 2018 - The year that I will probably be working a manufacturing job. xP What would I have thought, if I told myself this five years ago. Eh?
January 28, 2018, 08:35:28 PM
Fox: You referring to changing the PC/leader sprite to someone else? - I forgot to mention that you can do this using VBA's memory viewer. (Found under Tools.)
January 28, 2018, 03:46:22 PM
shenlong: Hi, Im following up on @Raijinken's question about the sprite change... How do I access that to change it? and can you tell me what the values are for the characters? newbie here
January 26, 2018, 10:12:00 PM
roger: h a p p y  b i r t h d a y  z m a n
January 26, 2018, 01:38:04 AM
Fox: (Assuming you're going for "E")
January 26, 2018, 01:37:06 AM
Fox: So like... https://i.imgur.com/cI4Bgoy.png = Does not explain how it works, but follows this type of thinking.
January 25, 2018, 09:57:44 PM
Fox: Hm... Actually, this gives me an idea! What if the lighthouse becons on each lighthouse were actually portals?
January 25, 2018, 09:56:19 PM
Fox: Hard to explain without a diagram or something... but I could decide on that later. Right now, it turned out I dreamed of something! Something to do with going into the dark dimension... and to go between light and dark, required some energy (energy sphere/warp portal?) to be on... I forget most of the details of the dream now, but it's like you could get trapped in the dark world. Er...
January 25, 2018, 04:56:04 PM
KyleRunner: Can't understand... but... nice!
January 24, 2018, 06:20:33 AM
Fox: Third approach idea = Scan char tables and set up an array that helps to quickly jump over bits that are scanned in the char tables.... to kind of mimic an actual tree a bit better/ and reduce unnecessary scans.).... (untested, but what to know what it's speed is like.)

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise