Golden Sun Hacking Community
May 22, 2018, 09:18:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [RELEASE] Golden Sun Reloaded  (Read 50210 times)

I need saves to test encounters in GS Reloaded!

Great Member

Coins: 13

« Reply #345 on: March 28, 2018, 06:14:47 PM »

Hi ReploidX welcome aboard and glad you're liking the mod so far.

About TLA, what you described is perfectly normal. I'm positive i literally ported enemy stats from TBS so the blame is entirely on the "second caster instead of second warrior". Longer fighter in turns implies more damage taken which implies more healing needed and so on.

Hope you'll enjoy the rest of TLA as well!
View Profile

New User

Coins: 0

« Reply #346 on: March 31, 2018, 01:43:18 AM »

Well, TLA's been pretty great so far. I've got my Trident now, and it's time to take down Poseidon.

The last two bosses, Serpent and Avimander, went fairly well, using the same basic class setup as in the first game. Jenna's got all Venus Djinn, Felix has Mars, Piers with Jupiter, and Sheba with Mercury. Near the end of each fight a few characters ran out of Psynergy, and I actually unleashed some Djinn for the last round or two.

Poseidon, though, seems a bit further out of my reach than either of them did, with his 3 actions and the "set to 1 HP" attack (Ocean Fist?). I'm level 27, so I might just need to grind a few levels first. Looking at various treasure lists, I have all the major treasures so far, so I don't think I'm under-geared. Then again, the item classes might have something I overlooked, because I never used them before, so I have no idea what they actually do.
View Profile

New User

« Reply #347 on: April 07, 2018, 09:05:25 PM »

Yo, incredible hack you made dude. Played a vast part of the first GS, but my save state messed up, so I'm just gonna play the TLA one now. Question: Do all the djinn appear? Cause for all i know, you needed to transfer data from the first game in order to have ALL the djinn in the series that far. Other than that, incredible job, and i hope you keep it going, cause I'll sure try it.
View Profile

Great Member

« Reply #348 on: April 10, 2018, 01:19:00 AM »

Yo, incredible hack you made dude. Played a vast part of the first GS, but my save state messed up, so I'm just gonna play the TLA one now. Question: Do all the djinn appear? Cause for all i know, you needed to transfer data from the first game in order to have ALL the djinn in the series that far. Other than that, incredible job, and i hope you keep it going, cause I'll sure try it.

Thanks Megalord, and sorry for the late reply. All i can say is that Djinn requirements are the same as vanilla. Without a password you'll find some extra GS1 djinn exactly like vanilla TLA but you won't have all of them.
View Profile

New User

« Reply #349 on: April 22, 2018, 09:00:39 PM »

So far so good, although the Gabomba Statue was a really hard dungeon despite the full party being available xD. A have a question though: In you class chart document you shared in the download link there are some red numbers, is it just my computer being crap or does it have a meaning?
View Profile

Great Member

« Reply #350 on: April 22, 2018, 09:11:33 PM »

So far so good, although the Gabomba Statue was a really hard dungeon despite the full party being available xD. A have a question though: In you class chart document you shared in the download link there are some red numbers, is it just my computer being crap or does it have a meaning?

Red = values changed from last version update. ;)
View Profile

New User

« Reply #351 on: April 22, 2018, 11:54:30 PM »

hi, thx for the great work!

I'm playing TBS atm, and according to the chart, the oracle class series have "drain" and "psy drain". Are these locked behind higher class lvls? Ivan is Augur and doesnt have them.

Also I remember when I played your patch long ago, class series like worldwaker had more psynergy, for example like how Fury has volcano, plasma and ice, they had jupiter psynergy + gaia + prism. Imho this class in particular misses wind psynergy.
View Profile

Great Member

« Reply #352 on: April 23, 2018, 12:08:24 AM »

Drain and Psy drain for Oracle are only locked behind levels and not class tiers. learned at levels 32 and 33 respectively
Worldwaker has been changed many times so i really can't remember but i can say this: it's not mandatory for tri-elemental classes to use all 3 elements offensively.

btw fury has ice for the sole reason that it's the only mercury spell i could give to that class. mercury has A LOT of healing, which all clashes horribly with Fury's theme.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 12:11:47 AM by Caledor » Logged
View Profile

New User

« Reply #353 on: May 05, 2018, 02:22:37 AM »

Got to the Eastern Sea now, and I'm getting rekt by Gaia Rock xD. Are all the items in Yallam's forge the same as vanilla, or did you change something? Other than that, i guess i just need to grind a bit lul.
View Profile

Great Member

« Reply #354 on: May 05, 2018, 01:15:18 PM »

Got to the Eastern Sea now, and I'm getting rekt by Gaia Rock xD. Are all the items in Yallam's forge the same as vanilla, or did you change something? Other than that, i guess i just need to grind a bit lul.

Almost every item in the game has been changed in one way or another, you can use atrius' editor to open the modded rom and check. The target level for gaia rock is 24.
View Profile

New User

« Reply #355 on: May 15, 2018, 11:36:50 AM »

Hello

I'm excited to play this hack :) But when I apply the patch, conversations are glitched out and the characters go out of screen. This happens in both games. Why does this happen? I'm patching the US version of the games.

Thank you for your help.
View Profile

Great Member

« Reply #356 on: May 15, 2018, 11:45:04 AM »

Hello

I'm excited to play this hack :) But when I apply the patch, conversations are glitched out and the characters go out of screen. This happens in both games. Why does this happen? I'm patching the US version of the games.

Thank you for your help.

most likely you're using a bad rom, or even a bad emulator. try different roms and/or VBA as an emulator on PC.
View Profile

New User

« Reply #357 on: May 16, 2018, 07:47:41 PM »

Got to Lemuria, and have to say, that Poseidon fight was hard af. Kept killing Felix and the only source of damage was Piers with the trident xd. I think you should reduce the amount of turns he has cause he destroyed my team with that one-hit k.o attack he has. Otherwise, pretty clutch win xD. I wanna ask if is possible to obtain multiple lucky medals by the RNG manipulation method (is this possible too?) or you just have a set amount of lucky medals to manage along the game. So far it is pretty good.
View Profile

Great Member

« Reply #358 on: May 16, 2018, 09:00:40 PM »

I wanna ask if is possible to obtain multiple lucky medals by the RNG manipulation method (is this possible too?)

Yes to both. As usual, use the editor to see who drops what. RNG manipulation is unchanged from vanilla but enemies have changed so old patterns might not work. To address that, just make new patterns after understanding how RNG works (-> https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/gba/561356-golden-sun-the-lost-age/faqs/25734).
View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
May 09, 2018, 12:35:37 AM
KyleRunner: The "Start In" field is not editable... I'll try making new shortcuts
May 08, 2018, 09:51:08 PM
Fox: If all else fails, you canmake new Shortcuts to do the same thing.
May 08, 2018, 09:49:53 PM
Fox: Export Properties > Shortcut (Tab) > Target / Start In ; Target (for Export) should be: (filename) 0 , and for Import: (filename) 1
May 08, 2018, 08:52:00 PM
KyleRunner: I can't change the path in properties menu...
May 08, 2018, 01:27:19 AM
Fox: You may need to edit something in properties, though... so it uses the exe file in the same directory.
May 08, 2018, 01:24:59 AM
Fox: It is suppose to be a shortcut, yes.
May 03, 2018, 11:48:05 PM
KyleRunner: Fox, the "export" function in your text editor is just a shortcut... Could you please fix it?
May 02, 2018, 09:53:45 PM
KyleRunner: I come here everyday. I'm working on a Portuguese translation, and the people here help me a lot.
May 02, 2018, 08:56:07 AM
Drake baku: My feel as well, I posted a little as well since my return, but silence was all that followed... At least the forum is a great source for data when hacking GS/ GS2, currently looking for something I have read a long time ago cause my PP recovery psy is not working
May 01, 2018, 09:58:04 AM
Fox: I am thinking a lot of this might be because of Discord?
May 01, 2018, 09:56:08 AM
Fox: Yeah, this forum is more dead than ever before.  February and April have 0 new topics. (All other months prior have more.) And March has lowest number of new posts. (It'd be dumb to count the very first month this site was created.)
April 25, 2018, 09:02:13 PM
Fox: Yes. The best tool is a hex editor. Well.... VBA, VBA-SDL-H, no$gba Debugger, GBATEK, and my documentation.... to use these to learn how the code/data works. Best method because it maximizes your editing ability... and then there is my program gsmagic that I was working on. Still in its early stages, though. (Even after year(s).)
April 25, 2018, 04:21:58 PM
Xendrox D: *exept tla editor.
April 25, 2018, 04:21:29 PM
Xendrox D: is there any other tool for hacking gs?
April 23, 2018, 09:26:27 PM
Atrius: Rarely, but not never.
April 23, 2018, 08:01:48 AM
Drake baku: Can it be, the god who created the editor, atrius. I heard you never came back online here anymore
April 20, 2018, 02:46:36 PM
KyleRunner: Atrius!!
April 19, 2018, 11:29:46 PM
Atrius: @Fox, I tried, but for some reason Mario Golf won't boot, and Mario Tennis crashes when you patch out the text compression, and I'm not sure why...  The normal text loading functions in them are basically the same as the ones in the Golden Sun games.
April 16, 2018, 07:44:36 AM
Drake baku: So it took about halve a hour of letting my lap stay off for it to suddenly work again
April 16, 2018, 07:31:28 AM
Drake baku: All of a sudden fox his editor gets errors. When trying to start it, thing worked fine yesterday...

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise