Golden Sun Hacking Community
November 17, 2018, 05:33:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [RELEASE] Golden Sun Reloaded  (Read 66424 times)

New User

Coins: 0

« Reply #375 on: August 27, 2018, 08:47:25 PM »

Correction: I also can't heal normal poison while in battle. I'm pretty sure I could while I was still in Kolima. Might be wrong though.
View Profile

I need saves to test encounters in GS Reloaded!

Excellent Member

Coins: 13

« Reply #376 on: August 28, 2018, 01:02:14 AM »

Ok so it's totally a side effect of porting the advanced reviving patch from TLA to TBS in v1.70

I might need to do that part again from scratch so in the meantime please downgrade to v1.68 from here: goo.gl/2gvKmR

BTW this also implies that the bug is TBS only
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 05:55:46 PM by Caledor » Logged
View Profile

Excellent Member

« Reply #377 on: August 30, 2018, 05:54:38 PM »

Patch for TBS updated to v1.71a, which fixes the Cure Poison bug (couldn't heal poison in battle).

The bug happened cause the advanced reviving function spilled over on the cure poison effect function, which is right after it, overwriting its first 2 instructions. The bug was fixed by saving some space in the advanced reviving function, which allowed me to restore the lost instructions.
View Profile

New User

« Reply #378 on: August 31, 2018, 01:31:15 AM »

Since it bothered me (even though it was mostly fixable), I'd like to note that the Crystal Rod was extremely busted, at least in Broken Seal.  Which is to say it breaks the game entirely if you happen look at it.  Various visual bugs start occurring, and it only seems fixable by saving the game and resetting.  Also a bunch of item descriptions were bugged out with or without Crystal Rod interference, but that just made them unreadable.

Also, I guess you swapped Mud into a random encounter on the world map where Chill was, but, uh, he's repeatedly encounterable.  You can't get multiple Muds, but it's still a thing.  I guess you can farm him for unlimited Mountain Water?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 01:39:29 AM by Supremezero » Logged
View Profile

Excellent Member

« Reply #379 on: August 31, 2018, 09:49:26 AM »

I couldn't replicate any of the issues in TBS with the Crystal Rod. So i'd say try patching another clean rom and see if it works.

Mud in indeed repeatable instead, guess I forgot a flag of some sort when i swapped it with Chill. I'll have to investigate cause that obviously shouldn't happen.
View Profile

New User

« Reply #380 on: September 03, 2018, 03:31:02 PM »

Loving the mod so far! Just got to the thieves battle in Vault and the game freaks out anytime they use a smoke bomb; freezes the game once they use it, which I'm guessing shouldn't happen
View Profile

Excellent Member

« Reply #381 on: September 03, 2018, 07:24:48 PM »

Hi Warden. That doesn't happen on my copy so please try a different rom and let me know how it goes.

Anyway, v1.71a for TLA is up and fixes the mud bug reported by Supremezero
View Profile

New User

« Reply #382 on: September 04, 2018, 03:37:18 AM »

Hi Warden. That doesn't happen on my copy so please try a different rom and let me know how it goes.

I ran into the same issue as Warden when playing through.  The issue itself seems to be some kind of fatal error and I'm able to get it to occur consistently by having enemies use Smoke Bomb or Weaken so far (only just made it to Goma Cave in TBS).  I'm wondering if it's applicable to any type of debuffing ability.

I've repro'd this across three different TBS ROMs.  Curiously, playing the un-patched ROMs is no problem—I'm only seeing the issue occur when playing a patched version of any ROM.

Hope this helps for now.  Happy to provide any additional detail as needed!

EDIT:  Tested a couple of different emulators and I think the issue is isolated to mGBA.  I can only repro the problem using that emulator—all others work just fine.  I'll post back if I find anything different or new.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 04:14:36 AM by Jassu323 » Logged
View Profile

Excellent Member

« Reply #383 on: September 04, 2018, 11:42:17 AM »

I think literally everyone here uses visual boy advance either the old one or the vba-m port, at least on windows
View Profile

New User

« Reply #384 on: September 15, 2018, 01:51:01 PM »

I think literally everyone here uses visual boy advance either the old one or the vba-m port, at least on windows
No, I use mGBA because of its quality.

https://mgba.io/

« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 03:29:20 PM by Roykras » Logged
View Profile

Excellent Member

« Reply #385 on: September 15, 2018, 04:08:29 PM »

well i've been playing GS on VBA for the past 15 years I think and never had issues with it, so i never bothered to look for something else. Anyway, i added a tips section to the opening post for future reports.
View Profile

New User

« Reply #386 on: September 15, 2018, 05:07:47 PM »

mGBA is, currently, the most accurate GBA emulator, and it's ported to multiple platforms. It's probably the future of GBA emulation, so it's kind of important things run on it.

On top of that, emulator-specific hacks are a bit problematic. In the early days of SNES emulation there were SNES9x-specific hacks and zSNES-specific hacks, and most of these do not run on modern iterations of SNES9x or higan, the other top SNES emulator - because as accuracy increased, the emulator-specific behavior the hacks relied on was simply removed, making those hacks simply unplayable.

Could you please investigate and see how to make it work on mGBA? Or if anyone has a flashcart and a GBA, can confirm if this happens on real hardware?
View Profile

Excellent Member

« Reply #387 on: September 16, 2018, 12:21:11 AM »

Could you please investigate and see how to make it work on mGBA?
The method is simple but extremely time consuming: I'd have to check the edited functions after you guys report a crash, since it's likely that the issues are in the jumps/branch-link i added, coupled with a sligthly different scheduling in mGBA.
It will probably take (several) months, so for the time being, switching to VBA-m is much more efficient.
Also, is very important that nothing is broken on VBA-m before i start making changes, or i might make things worse than they're now.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 02:38:07 AM by Caledor » Logged
View Profile
Fox
Fox McCloud, the Hacking Doctor
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

Coins: 29

I am: certainly not a Gallant!
Clan Position: Head Gallant

« Reply #388 on: September 16, 2018, 03:56:06 AM »

Does mGBA even work properly on Windows Vista?

Happens when trying to load a ROM - causes app to close.

Then there's some notifications about Microsoft's Data Execution Prevention stopping it. Huh.

If mGBA does not work on outdated OS's (would prefer as far back as XP.), then how could it be the best emulator? Maybe some day it shall be.

I shall try on Windows 10 later.  From another computer.  Don't think I will have a problem with that. Edit: That worked.

* mgbavista.png (15.11 KB, 507x243 - viewed 50 times.)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 06:14:44 PM by Fox » Logged

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Remember kids! Before you go on that interview, remember to wash your hands in teawater! *Coughs on hand* (Excuse me, I just coughed up a little teawater, so they're still clean!) You wouldn't want that hiring manager to be unimpressed.

May the force be with you!
Shoo! Why does it smell in here?
Maybe that's the wrong kind of force. *smirk*
View Profile

« Reply #389 on: September 21, 2018, 03:52:36 AM »

Still interested to see how this mod wraps up, emulator issues notwithstanding.

I use My Boy! for playing on my phone personally, but I haven't booted up one of these versions since about 1.6. I was sort of surprised that you haven't done a full playthrough of both games, Cal, but they are time-consuming.

Never forget why you started playing.
View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
October 30, 2018, 09:45:58 PM
Atrius: There used to be where I got the battle sprites for Kraden, but that site doesn't exist any more.
October 26, 2018, 01:31:40 PM
Infitek: Do you know if there any custom Alex battle sprites available on the internet ?
October 26, 2018, 01:31:01 PM
Infitek: Hey everyone
October 13, 2018, 03:23:06 AM
Salanewt: Updated it to provide more info that I forgot to mention.
October 13, 2018, 03:16:48 AM
Salanewt: I'm still trying to iron out IQ 2 but I'm pretty sure it's entirely random targeting.
October 13, 2018, 03:16:29 AM
Salanewt: Oh yeah, I posted some more info about enemy IQ.
October 12, 2018, 09:51:27 PM
FoxThe HTML5 project is too small to count
October 12, 2018, 06:19:48 AM
Luna_blade: there is jjppof's html5 project...
October 12, 2018, 06:19:17 AM
Luna_blade: Though Momo rings a bell it seems I came here after you left
October 11, 2018, 12:49:41 AM
Fox: (If that makes sense.)
October 11, 2018, 12:48:33 AM
Fox: Yeah, I guess so.  More just saying that's a good place to get answers to GS related questions at the moment.
October 11, 2018, 12:42:28 AM
Crystal Sonata: I did before, but I guess I could try it again
October 11, 2018, 12:41:32 AM
Fox: Not much at the moment. This forum seems pretty quiet. Perhaps you'd be interested in joining the Discord for GSHC that seems to have more activity?
October 10, 2018, 11:16:53 PM
Crystal Sonata: Any projects going on? I need a distraction from the daily grind and I'm interested in hacking GS again.
October 10, 2018, 10:02:53 PM
Fox: Thanks, and good to see you too!
October 10, 2018, 10:02:10 PM
Fox: A few people I'm sure... Most likely the regulars of the past. Such as Atrius, Charon, Role, Salanewt....
October 10, 2018, 03:11:17 AM
Crystal Sonata: I find myself wondering who still remembers me here. Obvs you do (Good to see ya Tea)
October 10, 2018, 12:46:11 AM
Fox: On second thought, it might be because you haven't posted much as Crystal Sonata.
October 10, 2018, 12:41:12 AM
Fox: And your intro isn't that bad. - I imagine most people would say the same about theirs?
October 10, 2018, 12:39:39 AM
Fox: :O - You've been gone so long, I think I forgot you were Momo.  Interesting.

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise