News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

[RELEASE] Golden Sun Reloaded

Started by Caledor, 22, December, 2016, 03:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TwilightRealm

Thanks for the help.  I've tried an older version of VBA, it was 1.8 I believe, but the audio issues got worse and worse no matter how I played with them, but they synched correctly at least.  But now it's heavily artifacted and sounds terrible.  I've tried troubleshooting as best I can, but no avail.  When I tried the latest version of VisualBoy advance again, it just crashes when it tries to load any ROM, I don't know what's up with that.  Runs great on mGBA still, but I keep encountering the bug.

Caledor

I'm doing a few tests with mGBA and it looks like the issue does not happen on TLA (trying both v0.63 and v0.71beta on Win10) Could you please confirm this? If positive the solution might be closer than what we think.

EDIT: Or... try the ips patch i've added. It must be applied on top of the latest reloaded patch for TBS and it should somehow fix the glitch. Now i just need to find out why (lol) and if there aren't other issues.

TwilightRealm

That little patch worked like a charm!  I was able to test it by casting Poison on the enemy party and by also having a Ghost cast Weaken on my own party, both times it would freeze previously but not with this patch applied.  I can test TLA later, but I'm a little busy at the moment to be able to sit down long enough to try some things.  Thank you so much for the rapid help, I'm so excited to keep playing now!

Caledor

Glad it works but keep your eyes open for other strange happenings though. What the patch does is literally bypass a jump (instead of doing A -> B -> C, it makes A go straght to C) and ATM i have no idea why it was coded with the double jump on the first place. It could be either a dumb mistake of mine that is ok to fix or something that i shouldn't have touched.

bpat

I used to get audio issues with TLA as well but I switched to VBA-ReRecording on Windows 10 which works perfectly.

Caledor

The mGBA fix is now included in the TBS Reloaded patch (v1.71b). It looks like the fix was completely harmless since there wasn't a need to use a double jump in the first place.
Also now we know that VBA-m can handle double jumps just fine while mGBA can't.

miner49er

Has anyone managed to beat Deadbeard? My party is ~lvl 27 and I don't want to move on to the next game without completing everything.

Seems like the author of the patch got rid of all the viable cheese strats like luffing him and using granite / flash. If he gets off even one impact, one of his swipe attacks is curtains for my whole squad. Looking for tips.

Otherwise, great patch so far. makes the game much more challenging.

Caledor

Since the issue is impact, have you already tried with dull?

miner49er

Quote from: Caledor on 19, November, 2018, 05:21:18 PM
Since the issue is impact, have you already tried with dull?

Yea I have. My strat was to set Issac as Shinobi and attack with helm splitter to reduce defence, while Garret Seals him with Luff and Ivan uses dull / summons / other buffs, and have Mia constaly healing. Obviously Deadbeard has a monster move now so blocking his psenergy is less effective, but the fight fells impossible without constantly using luff. The problem is that no matter who uses it, Luff seems to act after Deadbeard moves, so he can get an impact off. Either way I don't end up lasting too long, and it feels like I would run out of mana on Mia faster than I could put out enough damage with Issac auto attacks.

I'm thinking now that I need to forget about wasting a Garret's move every two turns to set Luff and rely on Break. But I wanted to hear someone elses ideas and whether its even possible to kill him at my party level.

miner49er

beat him, not too much trouble in the end.

dont waste your time using luff. it makes you have 3 effective party members and Deadbeard can still get off impacts between intervals and has a monster move now.

Break is essential or his sweep attack really hurts with impact.

having two white mages, with issac as a samuri makes this fight a walk in the part. you easily outlast his PP with two heals and increasing your resistance via Ivan, and from there you can spam dull on Deadbeard, making him pose no threat. Although I did have to use a psy crystal on Ivan.

Summoning feels underpowered, and not usefull. 4 djjin earth summon did like 700 damage, and I was pulling 400s with Issacs Gaia unleash.

Giving Garret armour with mecury resist is also a good idea or storm prism really hurts.

I'd be interested in hearing anyone else's approach and their levels when they beat him.

miner49er

Demon mail is also buffed, which is nice. for some reason in the original it reduced jupiter resist, which made it just worse than other gear, despite it being cursed.

Caledor

Well... Agatio and Karts make for a seriously disappointing fight (as bpat reported in june 2017) so they're gonna receive quite the boost in the next release.

VardenSalad

Hey, I noticed the Wave series disappeared. Anything happen?
Never forget why you started playing.

Caledor

It was a long time ago so i don't remember clearly. I guess i just decided it was a purely cosmetic change and reverted it... or at some point i had plans for new psynergies and i needed the space...

miner49er

are you talking about the battle on jupiter lighthouse? yea that one was easy. I also found briggs pretty easy this time around for some reason. Now I just have to make a strategy for the star magician

VardenSalad

Hey, I see that the Ailments formula has an Area Multiplier component. What is this variable or its values?

Caledor

https://goldensunwiki.net/wiki/Luck, under "Luck-related formulae"

0.6 for distance of one space, 0.3 for two.

VardenSalad

Ahh, I understand. Also, minor error: Knights Greaves description is boosting wind power and they give  :VenusStar: +15, at least on my version.

Caledor

VardenSalad

Berserk Circlet is also incorrect. No attack bonus despite the item description