Golden Sun Hacking Community
December 11, 2018, 12:15:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [RELEASE] Golden Sun Reloaded  (Read 71324 times)
Crystal Sonata
Mercury's Badass Bitch
Mercury Clan

Coins: 1

Clan Position: Master Healer of Mercury

« Reply #405 on: October 10, 2018, 11:22:45 PM »

I'm going to play it either way of course, just wanted to offer the help :D

Edit: Finally found the IPS program, downloading now.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 11:26:09 PM by Crystal Sonata » Logged

Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

If I say anything that offends you, grow a set.
View Profile

New User

Coins: 0

« Reply #406 on: November 17, 2018, 04:20:27 AM »

I'm encountering a problem with Golden Sun Reloaded and I'm hoping I can at least alert people to it or can help me troubleshoot.  I primarily use mGBA for emulation and I'm trying to play Reloaded on it.  It runs phenomenally until a stat debuff happens, the game freezes up and I can't continue play.  It happens 100% of the time, no matter who's side the debuff happens.  I first encountered it in the 3 Thieves fight when one of them used Smoke Bomb.  It happened again when I attempted to cast Poison on an enemy.  It also happens when Ghost uses Impair, but not when Ooze uses Sticky Goo.  I can't progress without worrying about being unlucky, but I imagine that this will continue and make some bosses unable to be defeated, as they'll just freeze the game before I can do it.
I swapped over to VisualBoy Advance to bypass this, as I don't seem to encounter the problem then, but it runs very poorly, I'm not sure if it's my settings or what.  I have audio lag, where sound effects are delayed, but I also have audio speedup at random intervals.  Everything also sounds very choppy, and visually mGBA looks a whole lot better, so I'd prefer to use it. 
I use a US/Europe ROM, and I'm on a Macbook Pro 2012. 
The Reloaded hack is great!  I just can't play very long due to the possible bug.  Any ideas?  I hope people are still active on this thread.
View Profile
Luna_blade
The last member of the Luna clan
Luna Clan

Great Member

I am: Timeless. As in, i don't have much free time.

« Reply #407 on: November 17, 2018, 10:53:43 AM »

Given your hardware no Gameboy Advance emulator should have lag or audio trouble.
It is likely your setting in VBA that make it behave strange.
Make sure "Options>Emulator>Synchronize" is on as well as "Options>Frameskip>Throttle>No Throttle".
For the visual look, check the "Options>Filter" menu out. As well as "Options>Video>Render method".
With the filters you can apply a few effects the whole of the screen, like scanlines or smoothing out.
When looking at render methods, make sure VBA uses one that your system supports well and full. If you have screen tearing make sure Triple Buffering is on in Render Methods.

Hope that helps!

"Hear the sounds and melodies
Of rilets flowing down
They're the verlasting songs
Whispering all the time
As a warning that behind some rocks
There's a rigid grap even
Oreads fear the tread"
View Profile

I need saves to test encounters in GS Reloaded!

Excellent Member

Coins: 13

« Reply #408 on: November 17, 2018, 01:11:30 PM »

In addition to what Luna said, if nothing works try with an older version of VBA. I never liked the releases from 2.0.0 onwards and i'm still using the 1.8.0 myself. As for the stat debuff thing... i'll probably look at it when i'm done with the current TLA playthrough.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 01:13:13 PM by Caledor » Logged
View Profile

New User

« Reply #409 on: November 17, 2018, 06:35:44 PM »

Thanks for the help.  I've tried an older version of VBA, it was 1.8 I believe, but the audio issues got worse and worse no matter how I played with them, but they synched correctly at least.  But now it's heavily artifacted and sounds terrible.  I've tried troubleshooting as best I can, but no avail.  When I tried the latest version of VisualBoy advance again, it just crashes when it tries to load any ROM, I don't know what's up with that.  Runs great on mGBA still, but I keep encountering the bug.
View Profile

Excellent Member

« Reply #410 on: November 17, 2018, 09:38:41 PM »

I'm doing a few tests with mGBA and it looks like the issue does not happen on TLA (trying both v0.63 and v0.71beta on Win10) Could you please confirm this? If positive the solution might be closer than what we think.

EDIT: Or... try the ips patch i've added. It must be applied on top of the latest reloaded patch for TBS and it should somehow fix the glitch. Now i just need to find out why (lol) and if there aren't other issues.

* fix.ips (0.01 KB - downloaded 18 times.)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 10:41:56 PM by Caledor » Logged
View Profile

New User

« Reply #411 on: November 17, 2018, 11:30:25 PM »

That little patch worked like a charm!  I was able to test it by casting Poison on the enemy party and by also having a Ghost cast Weaken on my own party, both times it would freeze previously but not with this patch applied.  I can test TLA later, but I'm a little busy at the moment to be able to sit down long enough to try some things.  Thank you so much for the rapid help, I'm so excited to keep playing now!
View Profile

Excellent Member

« Reply #412 on: November 17, 2018, 11:43:38 PM »

Glad it works but keep your eyes open for other strange happenings though. What the patch does is literally bypass a jump (instead of doing A -> B -> C, it makes A go straght to C) and ATM i have no idea why it was coded with the double jump on the first place. It could be either a dumb mistake of mine that is ok to fix or something that i shouldn't have touched.
View Profile

Novice Member

Coins: 1

« Reply #413 on: November 19, 2018, 08:07:54 AM »

I used to get audio issues with TLA as well but I switched to VBA-ReRecording on Windows 10 which works perfectly.
View Profile

Excellent Member

« Reply #414 on: November 19, 2018, 12:23:05 PM »

The mGBA fix is now included in the TBS Reloaded patch (v1.71b). It looks like the fix was completely harmless since there wasn't a need to use a double jump in the first place.
Also now we know that VBA-m can handle double jumps just fine while mGBA can't.
View Profile

New User

« Reply #415 on: November 19, 2018, 03:05:12 PM »

Has anyone managed to beat Deadbeard? My party is ~lvl 27 and I don't want to move on to the next game without completing everything.

Seems like the author of the patch got rid of all the viable cheese strats like luffing him and using granite / flash. If he gets off even one impact, one of his swipe attacks is curtains for my whole squad. Looking for tips.

Otherwise, great patch so far. makes the game much more challenging.
View Profile

Excellent Member

« Reply #416 on: November 19, 2018, 10:21:18 PM »

Since the issue is impact, have you already tried with dull?
View Profile

New User

« Reply #417 on: November 19, 2018, 10:35:51 PM »

Since the issue is impact, have you already tried with dull?

Yea I have. My strat was to set Issac as Shinobi and attack with helm splitter to reduce defence, while Garret Seals him with Luff and Ivan uses dull / summons / other buffs, and have Mia constaly healing. Obviously Deadbeard has a monster move now so blocking his psenergy is less effective, but the fight fells impossible without constantly using luff. The problem is that no matter who uses it, Luff seems to act after Deadbeard moves, so he can get an impact off. Either way I don't end up lasting too long, and it feels like I would run out of mana on Mia faster than I could put out enough damage with Issac auto attacks.

I'm thinking now that I need to forget about wasting a Garret's move every two turns to set Luff and rely on Break. But I wanted to hear someone elses ideas and whether its even possible to kill him at my party level.
View Profile

New User

« Reply #418 on: November 21, 2018, 01:37:34 AM »

beat him, not too much trouble in the end.

dont waste your time using luff. it makes you have 3 effective party members and Deadbeard can still get off impacts between intervals and has a monster move now.

Break is essential or his sweep attack really hurts with impact.

having two white mages, with issac as a samuri makes this fight a walk in the part. you easily outlast his PP with two heals and increasing your resistance via Ivan, and from there you can spam dull on Deadbeard, making him pose no threat. Although I did have to use a psy crystal on Ivan.

Summoning feels underpowered, and not usefull. 4 djjin earth summon did like 700 damage, and I was pulling 400s with Issacs Gaia unleash.

Giving Garret armour with mecury resist is also a good idea or storm prism really hurts.

I'd be interested in hearing anyone else's approach and their levels when they beat him.

View Profile

New User

« Reply #419 on: November 21, 2018, 01:39:28 AM »

Demon mail is also buffed, which is nice. for some reason in the original it reduced jupiter resist, which made it just worse than other gear, despite it being cursed.
View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
December 09, 2018, 07:43:31 PM
Fox: A banana for you, a banana for me, let's all open a banana and enjoy!
December 08, 2018, 09:48:52 PM
Drake baku: ba... ba.... bana.... bana.... banana.... nanananananananana..... and now back to doing normal, kinda
December 07, 2018, 05:43:02 PM
Luna_blade: Hey I forgot the christmas theme
November 29, 2018, 09:01:09 AM
zman9000: ded
November 19, 2018, 11:05:28 AM
Drake baku: Good day to ya all
October 30, 2018, 09:45:58 PM
Atrius: There used to be where I got the battle sprites for Kraden, but that site doesn't exist any more.
October 26, 2018, 01:31:40 PM
Infitek: Do you know if there any custom Alex battle sprites available on the internet ?
October 26, 2018, 01:31:01 PM
Infitek: Hey everyone
October 13, 2018, 03:23:06 AM
Salanewt: Updated it to provide more info that I forgot to mention.
October 13, 2018, 03:16:48 AM
Salanewt: I'm still trying to iron out IQ 2 but I'm pretty sure it's entirely random targeting.
October 13, 2018, 03:16:29 AM
Salanewt: Oh yeah, I posted some more info about enemy IQ.
October 12, 2018, 09:51:27 PM
FoxThe HTML5 project is too small to count
October 12, 2018, 06:19:48 AM
Luna_blade: there is jjppof's html5 project...
October 12, 2018, 06:19:17 AM
Luna_blade: Though Momo rings a bell it seems I came here after you left
October 11, 2018, 12:49:41 AM
Fox: (If that makes sense.)
October 11, 2018, 12:48:33 AM
Fox: Yeah, I guess so.  More just saying that's a good place to get answers to GS related questions at the moment.
October 11, 2018, 12:42:28 AM
Crystal Sonata: I did before, but I guess I could try it again
October 11, 2018, 12:41:32 AM
Fox: Not much at the moment. This forum seems pretty quiet. Perhaps you'd be interested in joining the Discord for GSHC that seems to have more activity?
October 10, 2018, 11:16:53 PM
Crystal Sonata: Any projects going on? I need a distraction from the daily grind and I'm interested in hacking GS again.
October 10, 2018, 10:02:53 PM
Fox: Thanks, and good to see you too!

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise