News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

[RELEASE] Golden Sun Reloaded

Started by Caledor, 22, December, 2016, 03:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caledor

fixed too. Thanks a lot for those man, keep them coming if you can. You know i don't play with the english version so it's very unlikely that i'd notice myself.

VardenSalad

Oh, no problem. I'll probably do a full run through of all the items in the editor after I finish this playthrough.
Never forget why you started playing.

Caledor

Major Releases v1.72 are UP

This is the result of the first - almost - full playthrough i've managed to do in these 4 years.

The changelog is already on the download page, but i'll paste here a slightly more detailed version as well

[spoiler]Jenna's Inquisitor line loses Volcano, gains Raging Heat
Jenna's Guru line loses Beam, gains Juggle
Raging Heat line and Fiery Juggle are slightly stronger (BP 185 and 155)
Mud's base power down to 80 (from 100)
Vine's base power down to 70 (from 80)
Fury's base power down to 160 (from 170)
Gasp's base power down to 150 (from 160)
Slightly tweaked a few learning levels (mostly MT healing and high-end spells)
Minor stat fixes to many early to mid game weapons
Price tweaks to most weapons
Vial, potion, mist potion are weaker and cost less
Cookie is weaker (6 -> 4)
Contigo, Shaman Village, Lalivero sell Vial
Fixed overworld enemies around Dekhan Plateau
Enemies in Dekhan Plateu, South Indra, Madra Catacombs give more Exp and Coins
Jupiter Djinn in Yampi: -3 SPD (L10 Sheba outspeeds it now)
Briggs, Pirate +atk
Boss Hydra slightly weaker (less AoE, more venom)
-10% Exp/Coins by enemies from Izumo to Magma Rock
Crystal rod drop rate from chimera mage down to 1/128
Agatio and Karst are much stronger
 +30 PP each
 Death Scythe is now Mars-based
 Heat Kiss deals damage (BP 110)
 Stun Muscle x1.5 -> x1.6
 Cage deals damage and Stuns (BP 120)
 Agatio replaces Eruption with Pyroclasm
 Agatio knows a stronger High Impact, loses standard attack
 Karst loses her standard attack for Enfeeble
 Karst replaces Healing Aura for Cool Aura

Flame dragons are slightly weaker
 Flame Breath's BP: 170 -> 120
 Karst loses Fiery Blast, Break, gains Death Scythe, Enfeeble
 Agatio loses Rolling Flame, gains Giga Impact, Debilitate
Fixed a few descrptions and inconsistencies between TBS and TLA[/spoiler]

From the top we have:

• Minor buffs to two of the most underused classes of Jenna
  • Minor nerf to Mud and Vine (especially Mud, he was too good in the midgame). Gasp and Fury followed for power/level ratio
  • Various balance fixes to different parts of the game, be it enemies or item stats
  • A follow-up of the nerf to PP restoring items
  • Cookies nerf: the reason is in the base HP/PP ratio
  • Buff to Agatio and karst lighthouse version, nerf to their dragon version, respectively the easiest and hardest normal bosses of TLA

Almost full playthrough cause i'm not touching again the superbosses: they've been tested way more than other enemies and there won't be balance-only changes for them ever again.

@Varden: please note that i've done a quick check of descriptions in TLA and fixed some, in case you still want to do your own check

Caledor

Patch is for English version only.

I don't play with the English one (the one i release here) cause I'm Italian and i have my personal Italian rom patched with the mod.

EDIT: this was an answer to a post that somehow disappeared

Average Wind Seer

Hey, so I played through both GS Reloaded mods, and I really enjoyed both of them.

though, to be honest, I didn't play TBS much differently than vanilla up until Deadbeard and Fusion Dragon. With those two, I put Ivan and Mia in the Wise classes for Dual Wishing, Break, and Dull, with Garret and Isaac as Black Knights, Garret with Gaia Blade and Isaac with Wicked Mace and other Cursed Gear. Deadbeard was absolute cakewalk, especially when he ran out of PP, though Fusion Dragon gave me hell until I remembered Tonic could dispel Haunt.

TLA was much more enjoyable to play than Vanilla, however, my party ended up weirdly lopsided. Piers and Jenna were the most useful, Piers being able to take hits and decent supportive capabilities with his newfound power thanks to his new classes, and Jenna being flat out the best character in both vanilla and this mod.
Jenna wound up being a blend of Ivan and Mia, taking the best of both worlds in her Miko classline, while Sheba felt like Diet Mia rather than a better caster than Ivan.
Felix feels like Diet Garet more than Diet Isaac, while Piers is taking Garet's valuable bulk and pumping them to greater extremes and adds in more supportive capabilities with decent healing psynergy, good support psynergy, and Liquifier in his Archon (5 :JupiterStar: 4 :MarsStar: ) Classline.

I feel like the Tier 3 Party Heal Psynergies for Heal and Wish cost FAR too much PP for how little they heal relative to the massive HP Pools the characters boast and how much damage endgame enemies deal. I have Ker's Weight, Big Bang Gloves, and a Dark Robe on Jenna for 181 Venus Power in her Guardian (5 :VenusStar: 4 :MercuryStar: ) and she heals about 440-ish HP with Potent Heal for a hefty 48PP cost. at Lv.48 (829HP being the lowest and 1017HP being the highest) against the Flame Dragons, the superbosses, and Doom Dragon, 440-ish HP isn't enough to really justify 48PP. I feel that 38PP would've been a better PP Cost, and Pure Wish sitting at 48PP would've been reasonable over a tremendous 53PP cost.

Sentinel was a bore to fight since all it did was spam Spark Plasma and Break. Balrog was an interesting battle, but having summons like Zagan, Moloch, and Maegaera under your belt can make Balrog extremely deadly to face. Star Magician was easily the highlight of this mod, as I had to switch around my party and take out the Balls as fast as possible (thank god Fury Ivan has Rolling Fire to oneshot Recovery Balls). Dullahan is too much of a pain to beat for too little reward. Once I found out the Mind Ribbon was a Psynergy Item instead of a "circlet" with massive PP Regen and MaxPP Boost, I just used a glitch to get Iris and call it a day.

Now for the party:
:Jenna: - Guardian 5 :VenusStar: 4 :MercuryStar:
Even in this mod, Jenna is still the best character in the game. Like mentioned before, she's a blend of Ivan and Mia, taking the best of both worlds, and then some.
Her final equip set is Ker's Weight, Demon Circlet, Big Bang Gloves, Dark Robes, Quick Boots, Trident, Angel's Ring, and Silk Bustier.
10/10. Not using her is heavily handicapping yourself.

:Piers: - Archon 5 :JupiterStar: 4 :MarsStar:
This mod has done wonders for him. Now he has Classes to actually use his Warrior Stats and equipment, and his stats sacrifice speed for wonderful bulk. I love his Archon class as it has Liquifier for an ever useful Defense Debuff, Dull & Guard to help out with reducing damage, and Boon for emergency single target healing.
His final equip set is Alecto's Mace, Mythril Helm, Riot Gloves, Erinyes Tunic, Ninja Sandals, Running Shirt, and War Ring

:Ivan: - Fury 5 :MarsStar: 4 :MercuryStar:
Ivan has ascended from best Support to 2nd Best Mage, and Fury is practically made just for him. Rolling Fire, Planetary, and Thunder Mine make use of his solid attack score, and he boasts Volcano, Plasma, and Ice for fantastic elemental coverage. Atropos' Rod with Selene's Armlet and Dark Robes gives a whopping +55 ElePower to Mars, Jupiter, and Mercury, making his AoE spells devastating. Fury gives him Impair and Weaken, though I feel that Break would've been more useful than one or both of these debuffs.
His final equip set is Atropos' Rod, Demon Circlet, Selene's Armlet, Dark Robe, Ninja Sandals, Golden Shirt, and Angel's Ring (I used cheats for 2 extra Angel's Rings cuz I really love the Cursed Mage gear~)

:Garet: - Jonin 5 :JupiterStar: 4 :VenusStar:
Ah, Garet. How good and useful you are in this mod. With enemies hitting harder, having extra bulk is super handy. Garet has the bonus of being able to hit really hard in return. I made him a Jonin primarily for Impact and Ward, though the stats may have had a hand in my decision as well.
His final equip set is Sol Blade, Warrior's Helm, Riot Gloves, Valkyrie Mail, Ninja Sandals, Sol Ring, and Running Shirt.

:Isaac: - Shogun 5 :MarsStar: 4 :JupiterStar:
In TBS mod, I slapped my Jupiter Djinn on Isaac for Paralyze. Stunning Battle Djinn was a HUGE help for dealing with the amount of damage they could do, and keep them from fleeing. Because of the nifty Ailments under his belt, I had him focus on those, which led me to making him a Shogun.
His final equip set is Darksword, Fear Helm, Terror Shield, Demon Mail, Ninja Sandals, Casual Shirt, and Angel's Ring

:Mia: - Worldwaker 5 :VenusStar: 4 :JupiterStar:
I didn't know what to really do with her, since Jenna exists and does Mia's job better than Mia and then some. Just kinda stuck her in Worldwaker and never used her again except in extreme emergencies.

:Sheba: - Pure Mage 5 :MercuryStar: 4 :VenusStar:
She was basically Diet Mia, spamming Wish until I got Isaac's gang. after that, she became my back-up Party Healer in the event Jenna couldn't use Heal.

:Felix: - Paladin 5 :MercuryStar: 4 :MarsStar:
He filled the same role Isaac did in TBS, Jupiter Djinn for stunning Battle Djinn. Once that wasn't needed, I genuinely had no clue what to do with him, so he ended up as a Paladin.

I don't think I ever touched the Class Items, as there wasn't much incentive to do so, especially since I needed to make one duplicate of the 3 class items so there wouldn't be someone with a wasted distribution of Djinn. If it were possible for you to craft a whole new Class Item and Class line for it, then that would greatly encourage players to try them out.

All in all, these mods were absolutely fantastic, and the only thing that could make me happier than a Golden Sun 4 would be a balancing mod of similar ideology for Dark Dawn. Though I can understand if you'd rather not touch upon that, since these mods alone took a VERY long time to reach where they are now lol

Average Wind Seer

So I started replaying TLA with this mod under Hard Mode and holy moley is it Hard. But it's hard in a fun way. :happy:

Thus far I have yet to hit a painful roadblock, though King Scorpion nearly halted my tracks until I remembered about Djinn. I've been so used to never needing to Unleash Djinn, so having to remember they're always available for use is gonna be key lol :VenusSet:

As far as random encounters go, the Trolls are concerning when you first reach them, as they can easily oneshot Jenna & Sheba, possibly Felix too, with a Power Charge. :fight:

Unless Inside Air's Rock is supposed to be AFTER Piers, the new enemies there WILL viciously tear through players upon arriving before getting Piers. Those Brutal Wolves truly live up to their name, as two of them tore through Lv.13 Jenna & Sheba with 2 Fierce Fangs to both girls, doing almost 95 damage per Fang. Also the Mimic at the start of Air's Rock simply cannot be beaten upon the earliest arrival at Air's Rock. If Inner Air's Rock is supposed to be AFTER getting Piers, then I'm just gonna have to do without Maha's Djinn :JupiterSet: or the Hypno Sword...:Artifact:  :sad:

Even under Hard Mode with this mod, Tamer isn't worth using at this point, despite its wonderful bulk on Felix, and Pierrot was only handy for Deluding the Chestbeaters (with Felix Poisoning them) + spamming Juggle around Madra to earn both cash and levels. :sad:

As things are now, I'm being heavily pushed into using Jenna under Venus :VenusDjinni: for Cure + Cure Well, Felix under Mercury :MercuryDjinni: for similar reasons, and Sheba under her Jupiter :JupiterDjinni: for Boon, since having one healer can easily cost me a party member or three, and Sheba's been burning through her PP absurdly fast trying to patch up the damage we take.

:um: ...Now that I think about it, Gondowan Cliffs are more dangerous than inside Air's Rock... I might be stuck in Osenia for quite a while longer lol  :Sweat:

Still gotta take down Briggs before Gondowan, so we'll see how that goes :happy: though honestly I'm not /too/ concerned about Briggs, given how much easier the King Scorpion was once I started using Iron :VenusDjinni: to negate Sand Breath's debuff and for its Sheer Claw to do less than 100+ damage :!:

Will give more updates on Hard Mode under this mod as I slowly advance through it :happy:
Really loving the sheer challenge it's giving me. It's even more of a challenge than my Karis Solo Run of Dark Dawn where I even beat the Ancient Devil, Ogre Trolls or whatever they're called, and the Star Magician with just her :heart:

EDIT:
Finally beat the Air's Rock Mimic. I had to hit Lv.14, put Jenna under Jupiter for Paralyze with Blessed Ankh and Guardian Ring to hit 8 Luck, Sheba under Venus for Sleep, and Felix under Mercury for Cutting Edge. Had Jenna & Sheba cast Paralyze and Sleep respectively to disable the Mimic while Felix did nothing but spam Cutting Edge. Jenna alternated between Impact on Felix and Volcano, and Sheba used Punishment until the Mimic woke up/was no longer stunned.

Visiting Gondowan Cliffs was a good experience. the Monsters there are stronger than Inner Air's Rock's Brutal Wolves (Flash Ant dealt 100+ damage with a Flashing Punch), but not overwhelmingly so. Lv.14 Haruspex Sheba with Blessed Ankh and Guardian Ring has 11 Luck, so I'm gonna be banking on that for the tougher enemies.

Gonna clear out Air's Rock so I have Reveal, Maha's Djinni, and the Hypno Sword, then it's off to take down Briggs. Thanks to Maha's Djinni, I'll be able to stick Felix back in Tamer to toy around with that some more. I still think a new 4th Item Class would help fix any concerns of wasted Djinn distribution. Assuming you can and you do make a 4th Item Class, perhaps you could stick it some place between after the Necronomicon and before Poseidon, so we have ample time to toy around with those classes, and don't have to deal with someone being stuck with a useless djinn distribution.

EDIT2:
I've got several notes since the last time I edited this post, but idk if this thread is still active... :um:

Caledor

Don't know if you read the messages i left you with karma, anyway...

Glad you liked it and it's nice to see a lot of different classes (especially Fury) and the infamous cursed mage setup.
But i must say that it's strange to see jenna being praised like that and then end up in the Guardian class, which is literally a Venus Pure Mage.

Abut the MT healing, those spells absolutely deserve the high PP cost.
I didn't get the part about the class items, why do you need to duplicate one.

Also nice to see that someone is enjoying Reloaded in hard mode, given that i've never tested it.

Average Wind Seer

If I wanted to use all 3 Item Classes, that essentially locks the other 5 Party Members to a very small handful of classes so nobody ends up with an odd Djinn Distribution (like, say 4 :MercuryStar: 3 :VenusStar: 2 :JupiterStar: ). A Fourth Item Class would allow One Item Class per Adept Element (example, Jenna with Acrobat, Sheba with Necromancer, Felix with Tamer, and Piers with the 4th Item Class), and thus have no wasted Djinni, and the other four Adepts would be free to use whichever classes they desire that's available within 9 Djinn of each element.

Jenna's Guardian Class is surprisingly strong. With Pyroclasm and Grand Gaia, she was slightly out-damaging Fury Ivan, and could easily patch up the party when needed.

After reading back through the posts and seeing the number of people using Double Wish/Heal Setups, yeah I agree about the High PP Costs of Party Heals. I just had PP Management issues since I only used one Wisher on the frontlines at a time lol.

Now for those notes I spoke of:

•Numb Ants can use the Djinni Sour. Is this supposed to happen?

•In Hard Mode, the Eastern Sea Mermen's Hydro Slash deals roughly 158 Damage, and can take down all party members in 2 hits at Lv.20 and higher, until they have close to, if not over, 400HP

•Hard Mode Aqua Hydra can be extremely dangerous if RNG isn't in your favor. There were several turns where it did nothing but use Slaver. Had it used Triple Chomp after at least two Slavers, it would have easily killed any party member unlucky enough to be targeted, even if they were at full health. Raging Waves is too strong, dealing roughly 168 damage per party member and can easily give an instant party wipe if used twice in the same turn.

•Hard Mode Wargolds can insta-kill any party member at Lv.20 and slightly higher with Triplestep if it gets the triple damage multiplier.

•Would it be possible to intensify Elemental Weaknesses and Resistances? Ice Horn does considerably more damage to enemies resistant to Mercury than Plasma does to enemies weak to Jupiter. Thus far, Sirens are the only Mercury Resistant enemy to take less damage from Ice Horn than from Plasma, and they're not weak to Jupiter.

•Buff Delude to block Monster Moves so it's not pointless after Chestbeaters.

•Is there an Endgame Mercury Staff?

•Dark Robe should boost MaxPP and/or have the Attack Boost from the Iris Robe for a Cursed Mage Build. As far as I can tell, Fury and Jenna's Infidel Classline are the only classes that benefit from Dark Robe as is, since those are the only Mage Classes with Attack Psynergy of three different Elements.

•Golden Accessories need to be buffed. You only get one of each, but they're quickly shoved aside due to how little usefulness they have down the road.
-Golden Shirt should boost MaxPP and Luck in addition to its MaxHP boost.
-Golden Ring should either add +10 to all ElementPower or grant +4PP Regen.
-Golden Boots should give +10-15 HP Regen and increase Agility by either 15 or ×1.2

•Herbed Shirt should be buffed to +5Def and +5HP Regen. Kinda useless for when you get it as is, and especially after reaching the Slots.

•Would it be possible to change HP Regen Armor + Accessories to regenerate HP by Percentage Values instead of fixed numbers? (example, Spirit Ring would regenerate 3% of the equipper's HP per turn instead of a measly 3HP per turn.)

•Is the intended order of playing from after Taopo Swamp going to Aqua Rock next? I went to Gaia Rock because clearing that nets me my 5th Mars Djinni, and unlockes my 6th Venus Djinni in Izumo Ruins, and 5th Jupiter Djinni at Apoji Islands.

•The Orochi's/Serpent's Mighty Press instantly killed Piers, despite doing 1 damage. This boss is already incredibly difficult. Instant Death attacks on this boss is just BS.

And some notes regarding the Item Classes:

•For Pierrot, Fire Breath is pointless when Juggle and Flame Card both exist on this Class line. Move Resistance Debuffing on to Flame Card to keep it relevant, and give Thunder Card a chance to inflict Stun.

•Necromancer could have the Weaken or Blunt Psynergy Lines replaced with new Psynergy. Ideally a Mercury and Venus element Psynergy, if possible.

•In Dragontamer, why does Minotaur not replace Troll? The Psynergy Slot wasted by Troll could be used for a stronger party heal, which would make sense, since Dragontamer has two single target heals. What is the difference between Ghost Army and Minotaur, aside from their elements?

•4th Item Class concept: One that's intended to draw enemy attacks and tank hits like a champ. Super high HP & Defense, super low PP & Agility, mediocre or good Attack. Would be perfect for Piers and Garet, especially on Hard Mode. Makes the Djinni Reflux relevant.

I brain stormed a few Psynergy Ideas for the 4th Item Class, should you decide to implement it, and have also thought up some places to put the new Item. I'll post my ideas if you're interested in them. :happy:

Oh yeah I should also note that Feizhi still refers to Hsu as Ulmuch. Can't remember if you wanted her to refer to Hsu in 3rd Person, such as "my friend," as the game prevented "Hs" ever appearing together for whatever reason. I also don't recall Kraden mentioning going back to speak to the Mayor of Dailah after helping Tavi and his friend, but I did kinda speed through that batch of dialogue lol. I'll give this a look later.

EDIT:
Just saw the Karma messages lol. I didn't get any notifications or anything like that about it, so I might have to check my settings for this site :happy:

EDIT 2:
Oh yeah, I forgot to put this with my other notes, but does Piers' Permanent Frost take up a Psynergy Slot? Or does it act like an invisible Frost Gem that's always equipped to Piers? I'm really curious about this, since I noticed he always had it, even in the Tamer class line.

Caledor

Going to sleep so i'll answer the most important ones first and edit tomorrow

Quote•Numb Ants can use the Djinni Sour. Is this supposed to happen?
Damn it. That happened cause i work on the italian rom, and there Formic Acid and Sour have the same name (Acido). So i selected the wrong one by mistake.

Quote•In Hard Mode, [...]
Can't do anything about HM right now, remember that reloaded it's not supposed to be played on HM. It's literally "do it at your own risk"

Quote•Is there an Endgame Mercury Staff?
Clotho or Nebula

Quote•Is the intended order of playing from after Taopo Swamp going to Aqua Rock next?
Yes

Average Wind Seer

Alrighty. Then I guess my Hard Mode notes can just be considered "Warnings" for those who dare to play Reloaded Hard Mode :medal:

The Numb Ants use both Sour AND Formic Acid, so you got the right one, but added in the wrong one lol

Caledor

Quote•Dark Robe should boost MaxPP and/or have the Attack Boost from the Iris Robe for a Cursed Mage Build. As far as I can tell, Fury and Jenna's Infidel Classline are the only classes that benefit from Dark Robe as is, since those are the only Mage Classes with Attack Psynergy of three different Elements.
Cursed mage setup is fine as it is. It's meant to be used by a caster so you'd always pick the demonic circlet and the dark robe. the 4 element boost is there so it can be used by everyone, and 30 power boost in two elements is already huge if you compare it to the other robes. If someone wants to give a mage attack they'd go for iris and alastor, saving the angel ring for someone else

Quote•Golden Accessories need to be buffed. [...] Herbed Shirt [...] Spirit ring
i'll probably tweak rings boots and shirts a bit for the next release, but the number will remain low for accessories.

QuoteFire Breath is pointless [...] Move Resistance Debuffing on to Flame Card, give Thunder Card a chance to inflict Stun.
It fills a gap in learning levels. Stun is pointless at high levels, i'd be nerfing the Pierrot class as a whole by doing that.

QuoteNecromancer could have the Weaken or Blunt Psynergy Lines replaced with new (offensive) Psynergy
That would make it worse. IMHO 2 elements + debuff is better than 3-4 elements without debuffs.

QuoteIn Dragontamer, why does Minotaur not replace Troll?
The Psynergy Slot wasted by Troll could be used for a stronger party heal, which would make sense, since Dragontamer has two single target heals.
What is the difference between Ghost Army and Minotaur, aside from their elements?
There's a mistake in the fact that i switched around Ghost Soldier and Minotaur (harmless but whatever). Troll has always been the last in its own line.
Balance would be an issue. Tamer is a physical attacker with jack of all trades vibes. Its healing shouldn't be that good.
You can check this kind of stuff with the editor. Minotaur has a higher multiplier but no effect, ghost soldier has a lower multiplier but can ignore 50% of defense.

Quote4th Item Class concept: One that's intended to draw enemy attacks and tank hits like a champ
I lack unique looking psinergies for a 4th element class but i'd love a "cover" move for defensive classes. But that again would require coding it from scratch.

Quotedoes Piers' Permanent Frost take up a Psynergy Slot? Or does it act like an invisible Frost Gem that's always equipped to Piers?
The latter. It's innate to him, like Move or Retreat.

let me know if you spot mistakes in dialogue as that's the only way for me to fix them. But like you said, i can't do anything about Ulmuch though.

Average Wind Seer

Hmm. That makes sense for the Dark Robe. I do tend to have a bad habit of viewing the individual pieces instead of the whole set lol. :Sweat:

Obviously accessories shouldn't give enough stats to outright substitute armor, but I still think it's a shame at just how little usefulness the Golden Accessories have, considering the amount of hassle you have to go through to get them (basically 100% TBS and transfer one of the longest Passwords ever).
Despite only getting one Herbed Shirt, it's surprisingly weak as it is.

Hmmm... I dunno if giving Resistance Debuff to Flame Card and giving Stun to Thunder Card would nerf Pierrot, but I think Flame Card should have SOME kind of secondary effect so it's not completely useless down the road.

I wouldn't say Stun is completely useless at high levels though. In my completed file, I still used stun to stop enemies that used Instant Death, since I can't reliably take them out in Round 1 before they get a turn. It's gonna be even more helpful in HM where dying is a very real problem.

I wouldn't say removing a debuff line for a new attack psynergy would make Necromancer worse, per se. I personally have never found any reason whatsoever to use the Weaken Psynergy line, since Psynergy now does a crapton of damage, especially at high levels. Not to mention Thunder Mine and Thunder Card both debuff Resistance, both of which are FAR more useful than the Weaken Psynergy Line. I think Necromancer would benefit from a Mercury Attack Psynergy that isn't Call Zombie, and could attempt to inflict Haunt.

For Tamer, I saw it more of a bulky utility class, what with having three healing Psynergies, a PP Recovery psynergy, and a Revive. I was gonna suggest a Stronger MT Heal for this class to restore maybe 300 base HP, until I checked and saw how pathetically weak the Aura Psynergy line is...

I've already thought of using graphics/animations from Djinn and Monster Moves for a 4th Item Class. I had even considered the possibility that such a class wouldn't be possible within the game's mechanics, so no worries if you can't figure out how to make it work, if you decide to make it.

Alrighty! I'll keep an eye out for dialogue mistakes from here on out. I look forward to seeing what else you bring to this mod! :happy:

EDIT:
I just thought of a way to fix Fire Breath's redundancy in Pierrot. Would it be possible to change it to Aqua Breath? Making it Mercury Element would make it stand out and give Pierrot a way to hit Mercury Weakness until Frost Card is learned.

VardenSalad

For what it's worth, I don't know if Aqua Breath (or almost any monster ability, but this one specifically) has an icon for the ability, since it's normally a move monsters use so you can never access it in a menu, so a new icon would need to be created. There's also a wide variety of breath moves at different power levels, if I remember correctly, so one would be able to pick any of them and not have to create another move.
Never forget why you started playing.

Average Wind Seer

Honestly, I think any Non-Mars Elemental Breath would replace Fire Breath just nicely. Pierrot having three separate Attacking Mars Psynergies just seems kinda redundant, and the class is very lacking in Mercury Psynergy for most of the game.

Average Wind Seer

So, I went to the Ankohl Ruins after Aqua Rock so I could snag a few extra Star Dusts and a Virtuous Armlet before tackling Gaia Rock again, and I've hit a pretty alarming snag.

I'm trying to RNG Drop a Virtuous Armlet (gave up on Star Dust for now since Sheba flat out can't hurt the Living Armors with my current Jupiter Djinn), but no matter what I do, the Virtuous Armlet won't drop.

First Strike against Cerberus + Orc Lord (1RN)

Sheba casts Tornado on Cerberus (+4RNs)
Jenna casts Cycle Beam on Cerberus (+4RNs)
Felix casts Punji Trap on Cerberus (+4RNs)
Piers casts Hail Prism on Cerberus (+4RNs)
Total RNs = 17

Turn 2

Cerberus attacks Piers (+1RN)
Sheba casts Tornado on Cerberus (+4RNs)
Jenna casts Cycle Beam on Orc Lord because focusing Cycle Beam on the Cerberus would kill it too soon (+4RNs)
Felix Defends (+0RNs)
Orc Lord uses Brute Strength on Felix (+1RN?)
Piers uses Mercury Djinni on Cerberus (+3RNs)
Cerberus Dies (+1RN for death on 31RNs)

Turn 3
Sheba kills Orc Lord with Punishment or Stun Cloud unleash from Cloud Wand

No Virtuous Armlet, and I've tried this with all three attack Mercury Djinns. I can't figure out what's going wrong.

EDIT:
I got one to drop via RNG, but I had to rig for a different encounter. here's what I did:
Everyone in their Base Class line at Lv.24
First Strike against Skull Warrior + Cerberus!
Sheba used Tornado on Cerberus
Jenna used Cycle Beam on Cerberus
Felix used Punji Trap on Cerberus
Piers used Hail Prism on Cerberus

Turn 2
Cerberus attacks Jenna
Sheba casts Tornado on Cerberus
Skull Warrior attacks Felix
Jenna casts Debilitate on Cerberus (lands on both enemies)
Felix casts Bravery on Piers
Piers unleashes Fog on Cerberus, killing it.

Turn 3
Sheba casts Punishment on Skull Warrior
Skull Warrior uses Bone Charge on Sheba
Jenna casts Fume on Skull Warrior
Felix casts Ragnarok on Skull Warrior, killing it.

Virtuous Armlet drops after battle.

It seems that Fog (and possibly Sour & Chill) has an extra RN Value for its attempt to inflict Delude, and that RNG Drops only work with specific enemy formations.

EDIT 2:
Is there any possible way to get a Spirit Armlet legitimately before Isaac's gang rejoins with Felix's? Jenna would love the extra Venus power for Heal and her Venus Attack Psynergy when I get around to tackling Poseidon.

Caledor

QuoteThe whole Fire Breath thing
The only reason Fire Breath is Fire, is cause it fits with the theme of the class and since it's only a mid tier spell the element never bothered me.

QuoteI'm trying to RNG Drop a Virtuous Armlet
From a quick glance it seems you're not adding turn RN (1x each enemy)

QuoteSpirit Armlet legitimately before Isaac's gang rejoins with Felix's? Jenna would love the extra Venus power
Spirit Armlet is sold at Loho. For Venus boosts you have the bone armlet in the Western Sea

BTW i'm reworking bonuses from equipment after the recent suggestions i've read here and that Role sent me.
Mostly a rebalance to the power level of Shirts Rings and Shoes and of the boosts to Agility, Crits and Ailments.
Nothing major though, just tweaking the numbers.

Average Wind Seer

I figured the turn actions and Monster Actions were considered the same RN numbers (1RN for their turn total regardless of actions). However, monsters like the Magicore seem to prove otherwise with AoE Psynergy. I went to Tundaria SUPER early in hopes of RNG'ing a Mystery Glove, in addition to snagging Wheeze. Thus far, I've gotten nothing.
Lv.24 everyone in base class lines
First Strike vs Magicore + Minotaurus (1RN)

Sheba casts Tornado on Magicore (+4RNs)
Jenna casts Debilitate (+2RNs)
Felix casts Bravery on Piers (+1RN)
Piers casts Hail Prims on Magicore (+4RNs)

Turn 2 (+2RNs)
Magicore casts Cycle Beam hitting Sheba and Piers (+4RNs?)
Minotaurus attacks Piers (+1RN?)
Sheba casts Tornado (+4RNs)
Jenna casts Impair on Magicore (+1RN)
Felix casts Ragnarok on Magicore (+2RNs)
Piers unleashes Fog on Magicore (+3RNs +1RN for Delude chance?)
Magicore Dies (+1RN for a possible? total of 31RNs on death)

Turns after kill Minotaurus
No Mystery Glove.

I've tried a whole bunch of other things for Turn 2, but it either ends up with no Mystery Gloves or the Magicore not dying. I might go to Treasure Island to rig a Crystal Rod for Sheba and a Sylph Feather or three to forge a Sylph Rapier for Felix and maybe Piers, along with a Faerie's Vest for Jenna.

Ah, Spirit Armlet's locked at Loho? Kind of a shame, considering Virtuous Armlet is available for MUCH longer. I don't think I'm strong enough to give up Dual Wishing just yet, especially with the Serpent coming up fast, so the Virtuous Armlet might not see much use.

I look forward to seeing the tweaks you're implementing! :happy:

EDIT:
So, I tried rigging a Mystery Glove to drop on my completed file to see if it's worth going after, but it's not dropping?

First Strike against Magicore + 2 Minotauruses (+1RN)
Jenna uses Sleep Card (+3RNs), Sleeps both Minotauruses
Piers uses Ester Wood (+8RNs)
Garet uses Tempest (+6RNs)
Mia uses Poison Flow (+6RNs) poisons Magicore and middle Minotaurus (does this add any extra RNs?)

Turn 2 (+3RNs)
Jenna uses Gel/Serac/Hail (+3RNs) on Magicore, killing it (+1RN)
Rest of party defends
Minotaurus A dies of Venom
Minotaurus B is Asleep.

Turn 3
Minotaurus B gets killed

Vial is dropped.

Were the Mystery Gloves removed from the Magicores or am I doing the RN Math wrong?

EDIT 2:
Never mind the last sentence of my previous edit. I got a Mystery Glove to Drop. I did the same thing, but had Mia cast Dire Inferno instead of Poison Flow. I think the Minotaurus dying from Venom somehow overwrote the Mystery Gloves guaranteed drop? It's weird, but that aside I got my answer about the Mystery Gloves. I think I'll get a couple so the girls can hit harder with elements besides Mercury/Venus, while still keeping some extra Mercury/Venus Power so they're at least healing HP equal or close to the base power of their MT Heals.

Caledor

You can easily check drops with the Golden Sun Editor: you dropped a Vial from a Minotaur, so you're doing something wrong. Stick to healing, psynergy and buffing for manipulating RN, no need to make things more complicated.

BTW i just tested drops and there's a minor issue with certain djinn (those that reduce atk-def-res as a side effect). Those djinns add 1 RN more compared to vanilla. Easily fixed by using another djinn or by compensating for that 1 RN more by using different abilities.

Average Wind Seer

I was using Poison Flow because I wasn't sure if Dire Inferno would kill the Magicore too soon.

Huh. that's a peculiar bug. I suppose that's handy to know in case I hit spots where I'd be one RN Short with a normal Djinni kill. I'll give the Magicore + Minotaurus another spin in my HM file to see if I can get it to drop Mystery Gloves.

EDIT:
Gave up on trying to rig Mystery Gloves, and I can't get a Crystal Rod or Sylph Feather to drop. I think the issue as of now is that my party is simply too slow to use RNG manipulation. I can't outspeed any of the enemies I'm trying to RNG abuse, and that greatly screws with the RNs, since I can't tell if the Monsters' actions add RN values or not.

Do you know if the Guaranteed Drop RN Value was changed or not? because with the bug that has Stat Debuffing Djinn add an RN Value, I'm getting Mystery Gloves on 32RN in my completed file, using the strategy in my last post (with Mia using Dire Inferno instead of Poison Flow).

Huh... that's really bizarre... in the encounter I listed for my completed file, I get the Mystery Gloves if Mia casts Dire Inferno which leads to Garet killing the middle Minotaurus via Tempest. BUT if she casts Fiery Abyss instead, the middle Minotaurus survives Garet's Tempest, and I don't get the Mystery Gloves, even though I should have the same number of RNs at the time of killing the Magicore with Hail (32RNs). I REALLY don't understand TLA's RNG...

Caledor

Just read this thoroughly: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/gba/561356-golden-sun-the-lost-age/faqs/25734

There's no way you can't drop stuff if you stick to it. More so if you don't use stat-debuffing djinn for the kill (due to the +1 RN bug)