News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

[RELEASE] Golden Sun Reloaded

Started by Caledor, 22, December, 2016, 03:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MahouShounen

I'm so excited! This seems a really well thought job! Can I ask for an Italian mod for both games?

Caledor

Replied to Mahou in PM, as for Balrog I think haven't touched him for a very long time now. If the changelog doesn't say otherwise, it's safe to assume he's the same as the last time you fought him

Hervé

Hello,

How can I know if my rom of Golden Sun: The Broken Seal has been patched ? The game doesn't seem really hard. I used a "USA Europe" rom.

Edit below : OK, it's patched then ! Thank you !

Maxipotter

Easiest way to know is to check Garet's Psynergy. If he has Flare it's not patched if he has Blast it is. If you find it's not patched try a different ROM, a USA only ROM. Don't expect the enemies to be uber hard though, its pretty nicely balanced

MahouShounen

Just defeated Trent and I'm having so much fun! Only con I can find is that I wish the game was a bit harder, but that's kinda my fault too, as an hardcore fan of old school turn based rpg and liking to grind up, I always get full equip and more levelled up than I should be before going in the new dungeon and boss. I didn't need to heal myself with Trent but the fight lasted decently long even tho I was more than ready. If you're still patching this wonderful mod and you're searching for feedbacks, mine is: it's perfect, but if you can, make it harder! :)

Hervé

I am almost at the end of GS1 and preparing for GS2.

QuoteEach forgeable material now has a "target level range" and the places where they can be found have been changed accordingly.
Tear stone: ~21. very early eastern sea.
Stardust: ~23. early to mid eastern sea. Taopo, aqua rock and early gaia rock.
Sylph feather: ~25. Mid to late e.sea. Ankhol to Lemuria.
Dragon Skin: ~28. early w.sea. From right after grind till shaman village.
Golem Core: ~30. Contigo till reunion.
Sala Tail: ~33. From reunion to Loho.
Mythril silver: ~35. Loho to Prox.
Orichalcon & Dark Matter: After teleport.

How does it work exactly ? Can they be found on all the monster of the area ?

Caledor

No, i'm just saying what the overall level of the item is. I rearranged treasure and drops from that though, and you can find info about both in the respective sections (same post).

Hervé

I read that on the golden sun wiki :

QuoteIf you fell a Chimera Mage with the attack effect of an offensive Mercury Djinni, there is a 1/16 chance it will drop a Spiked Armor

I got a Spiked Armor, but without using a mercury Djinni (Ivan Assassin Blade). Is the wiki wrong or is the drop system changed ? Because I am trying to get a a Kikuichimonji since this morning without success using a mars Djinni on a Fenrir.

Edit : anyway, I just finished the game. My strategy at the end was always the same : granite, flash, ground on Ivan with Garet / Isaac summoning (mars / ramses) so they can come back quickly or attacking with their high attack. Mia spamming wish spells with PP recovery items.

The difficulty was OK, except for these guys way too easy to beat, even if it is repeatable.

Edit2 (below) : OK I thought killing with a specific Djinni was mandatory to have a chance to get the item, but it seems not. It is sad to have to use RNG to get these items.

Caledor

Quote from: Hervé on 05, April, 2019, 11:35:22 AM
I read that on the golden sun wiki :

QuoteIf you fell a Chimera Mage with the attack effect of an offensive Mercury Djinni, there is a 1/16 chance it will drop a Spiked Armor

I got a Spiked Armor, but without using a mercury Djinni (Ivan Assassin Blade). Is the wiki wrong or is the drop system changed ? Because I am trying to get a a Kikuichimonji since this morning without success using a mars Djinni on a Fenrir.

The RNG part of the drop system hasn't been touched but one shouldn't blindly follow the wiki, as those moves are tailored for vanilla. Learn how the RNG works from the Random Number Generator FAQ guides on Gamefaqs and adapt from there

bpat

Speaking of RNG drops, I think unique item drop rates could stand to be increased to the point where you don't need to use the RNG trick to get them. I didn't mind it at first but it started to get annoying when rigging for items that I want a bunch of like Mythril Silver and Orichalcum.

Pie Burritos

I just recently got into Golden Sun and figured I probably wouldn't play it again because of the tedium, but then I found this, which has proved to be several times more enjoyable than the original, and I think I'll be playing around with this hack for a while. All the changes that have been made have made the Golden Sun experience a lot more engaging, so thank you for that.

That aside though, I noticed something weird about the Karst and Agatio fight, as well as the Flame Dragons fight. Both Agatio and the Agatio Flame Dragon have a skill that massively buffs attack, but the name of the skill simply displays as "?", as shown by my screenshot below. I highly doubt this was intentional, but I also noticed that when you mentioned a while back that you were buffing Karst and Agatio because they were too easy, you included that Agatio has a "stronger high impact" but you didn't mention a specific name for the skill.

QuoteSpeaking of RNG drops, I think unique item drop rates could stand to be increased to the point where you don't need to use the RNG trick to get them. I didn't mind it at first but it started to get annoying when rigging for items that I want a bunch of like Mythril Silver and Orichalcum.

Now that I've gotten everything important I want to say out of the way, I figured I would respond to this. If you're at the point where you're grinding for drops, you may as well just edit the drops in the TLA editor yourself and farm as much as you want, then change them back if they're going to fill up your inventory. Though to be completely honest, I wouldn't mind higher drop rates for most items because it's really rare for good drops to show up in any normal playthrough.

Caledor

Quote from: bpat on 07, April, 2019, 07:18:51 PM
Speaking of RNG drops, I think unique item drop rates could stand to be increased to the point where you don't need to use the RNG trick to get them. I didn't mind it at first but it started to get annoying when rigging for items that I want a bunch of like Mythril Silver and Orichalcum.

not gonna lie, it is annoying. but timewise, i don't know how faster it'd be if i actually decreased drops. the lowest i can realistically put them is 1/64, right below the threshold for "must use djinn" to get the drop. Correct me if i'm wrong, but with a djinn 1/64 would increase to 1/16. I think it's faster to manipulate the RNG for one battle rather find and fell 16 times a certain enemy with the right djinn.

@Pie
thanks for reporting that. it is usually the most common bugtype for my mod, cause i play with (and make changes on) my italian version and then port stuff to the english one for releases here. That's why strings are an easy miss for me, cause i just don't play with the english version to notice that and it happens that i forgot some of them while porting. btw I just released an update that gives that move the name "giga impact".

please keep reporting any text related issue or doubt you might find, no matter how little.

dereder

First boss,slapped venus djinn on Ivan for cure thiefs were both dispatched easily, but the main bandit kept spamming herb
which is nice. However I didn't feel threatened by that it merely prolonged the fight
and I don't remember healing, maybe one cure ? Both Thief didn't do much damage and meanwhile
Bandit just wasn't making anything out of the extra HP he got from herb. I suppose it's a first boss, not too hard,
don't really see how to @#$% that one up. Good to ease you into the game.

Died once in Tret after failing to kill the Jup djinn after three turn, was out of PP, Garet bite it and the rest went after running from
one encounter, the next one killed me :s

Tret himself wasn't that challenging, died once because I didn't use an herb on someone and choose to attack
while Ivan was asleep, but next try I managed to beat him fairly easily with Ivan asleep most of the fight
Sadly he was the one with all the elixir, if I shared but one I wouldn't have too much problem

Proceeded without too much problem to Mercury Lighthouse, then Mimic wiped me just loaded my save
Stronger monster in the upper part of the tower killed Ivan then and I had to go back, they kept me on my toes generally
Nothing to say about Saturos, I knew he's supposed to be a little tough

dereder

Proceeded to the Fuchin Temple, their the Mimic raped my twice quite fast it was a surprise
I mean the rest of the time I can accept a mistake here and there but that was pretty nasty

Did it the third without too much problem being careful
Did a comparison with a walkthrough, normal GS:Mimic dead in three turn, 2 turn unleashing dinn then summons
3rd turn Strongest psynergy+ply on Garet
4th turn, Mimic kills Isaac with punji as I was going to Ply him, unleash djinn with Ivan and Mimic down

Mogall forest, the ape felt threatening in general it was great but I don't really push myself too muh for the rest
I was able to kill the Boss ape, but used psy crystal on Garet think. It was useful I'd never do that normally.

Hydros was hard as @#$% I was forced to have Isaac, Sofia, Ivan only healing, Sofia and Ivan unleashing Resis and Str buff djinn to have
access to healing skill. Got Sofia killed the very turn before he went down and managed to rez her with Quartz before he fell
Was I supposed to come in at lvl 19 with rez and wish ? Isaac is lvl 17 and the rest are lvl 16, didn't even get a level after lol
Took me a LOT of tries and not a single turn of mistake, usually this is final boss stuff for golden sun.
Watching a golden sun walkthrough, 4 min boss fight Tiamat does upward 300 dmg, while all other character are constantly on offense.
My guy were constantly on defense, Tiamat does around 170-180 with forge buff, and sometime I was forced to settle for Kirin
Turn out that you need just 4 mercury to get wish lol

Manticore only beat me once, after that it was a fairly good fight, but not scary after Hydros.

Kraken was alright, I only discovered that a battle without using djinn at all just eat your PP way too much.

Not much to say about Colosso really, perhaps fighers use more item ? Can't say.

keiser

Nice mod ppl i have a question, i just ended the first GS ,for lost age how can i import the data it is even compatible? if someone can enlighten me will be apreciated.Thanks

Caledor

99% compatible. The only thing that isn't carried is the amount of mountain water owned by a single character. To import the data you can do whatever. either export the password from GS (there was a button combination to unlock it in the menu i don't remember rn) or setup a link with emulators that can do it

dereder

Suhalla desert was sort of hard (but not undoable) so I went back to do Lunpa and such. Toadonpa was decently designed, I mean I killed him as
I was going to need a psy cristal to use. I just Planet dived him with wish on sofia and ivan. Got him second try,
I was too slow with my DPS the first and didn't pay attention to the +80 HP

I want to note I don't know when, probably before boarding the ship Djinn and Mimic stopped being threatening.

Nothing to say about Suhalla desert Boss

Venus Lighthouse shorter than I remembered. Dragon Fusion was difficult, until instead of a dedicated buffer with I can, healer with Sofia and the boy
doing the usual, I went for a Samurai/Ninja for Isaac/Garet while Sofia and Ivan both had wish, fast and slow healer while Isaac also spammed Breeze for at least one layer of
resistance. Did the same thing pretty much, but with Corono on Sofia for Deadbeard. Does he run out of PP ? Started spaming sweep only at some point ( Ivan dead in one turn if no buff)

VardenSalad

Yeah, Hydros was what stopped me playing GS on my most recent run-through. Only boss I really feel simply underlevelled for; Hydros puts out so much AoE
Never forget why you started playing.

renkoha

hi everyone, i got a doubt about class system, i'm playing golden sun TBS, and i saw that single element classes require level 13 to access final tier, but i have all 7 djinn in all elementes and max level is 12 thus i can't reach the final tier, so i was wondering if there is something i'm missing because i'm close to finish the game and i'd like to know what's the problem with elemental levels, by the way the base elemental level for each character is 5 in their respective element

Caledor

In TBS you never had access to ANY final tier (both reloaded and vanilla) exactly because you had only 7 djinn at most. In TLA, where you can have up to 9 for each character, it's possible.