News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

[RELEASE] Golden Sun Reloaded

Started by Caledor, 22, December, 2016, 03:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renkoha

got it, thanks for the info, guess its time to try TLA, great work with the hack by the way, thanks for taking the time to do this, but it would be awesome if you do an update to add an extra djinn and summos to TBS

chocolatchau

this is really fun twist on one of my fav rpg i am enjoying the challenge a lot, help me out I can't complete gabomba statue puzzle even when when the electricity reaches the middle and the statues refuses to swallow the orb it is only opening its eyes or spitting fire :( why me

Caledor

No bug on my end, make sure both lights reach the middle

chocolatchau

you're nice for responding well in that case can you check this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWtE6dx5fBI&t=3s and tell me what i'm doing wrong, is there a trick or something i'm missing here, or is this glitched bad, i have not played the game in a while but i never had this much trouble in this part, i am just confused

Caledor

As you can see i have a different config so i can't say. I'd try with a different setup that still works, like making the closest tile to the idol go left instead of right to the goal

chocolatchau

Worked perfectly ah I was meant to make them reach the middle at the same time ^^ I can get further now

Priscila

What weapon is better excalibur or phaeton's blade?
Also do you think it's better to use one of those jupiter weapons unleshes instead of sol blade's vs dullahan?
Does dullahan follow a loop pattern like in the original game or did you change it?
I think darksword is one the best for him but you can only run 1 cursed char.
I'm enjoying reloaded a lot btw, thanks <3

Caledor

Quote from: Priscila on 21, August, 2019, 04:13:41 AM
What weapon is better excalibur or phaeton's blade?
For raw power excalibur is better, phaeton has a chance to lower res though

QuoteAlso do you think it's better to use one of those jupiter weapons unleshes instead of sol blade's vs dullahan?
yeah especially cause earth is dullahan's strong element

Does dullahan follow a loop pattern like in the original game or did you change it?
yep

QuoteI'm enjoying reloaded a lot btw, thanks <3
thanks, i'm glad :D

Fresio

Hey! I started to play this cause is my annual playthrough time and i finally decided to check the mod out. BUT. How can i know im playing the patched game? I don't notice any difference and i would like to make sure I'm playing the mod and not vanilla. Is there any early point in the game where you're like: oh @#$%, yeah this is it.
Thank yoy and Amazing work :heart: I'm talking about gs 1 Which apparently is called the broken seal and there's no thread for it and the changes in the changelog are not a tangible thing that I can notice right away, especially early game.

Caledor

IIRC in game the earliest points are:
- Garet doesn't have Flare at Lv1 (learns Blast at 3) in GS1
- Felix base class name is different in TLA

Hope you'll enjoy your playthrough ;)

miner49er

Hello,
I've been stuck on the fire dragons in the mars lighthouse for 2 months now. Characters are ~lvl 32 all around. Doesn't seem possible to beat them. Do I need to grind for 10 levels?

Caledor

Target level for them is 34 assuming all djinn until that point obtained, so 2 levels only, which is not much.

But the most important thing against them is not level, but strategy. They will kill you without fail if you don't pick the right one, but once you do it becomes very easy. Speaking from experience here, i got my @#$ handed to me a few times while i wasn't putting too much tought into the fight.

miner49er

oh no... guess i'll have to experiment a bit.

good to know that i'm not too far behind on levels.

BTW, are you working on any new hacks?

Caledor

Quote from: miner49er on 03, September, 2019, 11:27:55 AM
oh no... guess i'll have to experiment a bit.

good to know that i'm not too far behind on levels.

BTW, are you working on any new hacks?
No plans for another hack ATM, and even Reloaded is supposed to be completed without external input, be it reporting bugs, imbalances or suggesting features i end up agreeing with.

Shogun1337

Greetings Caledor! I have been following your Rebalancing hack for quite some time! Let me congratulate you and tell you, that you made an already good game even better, by fixing many of its problems.

Wanted to ask you, if I can find a documentation of every equipment, item and psynergy of your hack, with every bonus, boost and location, in order to manage and create my builds as good as possible. Keep it up!  :heart: :VenusDjinni:

Caledor

Hi Shogun, and thank you for the kind words!

Let's start with the easy stuff. The location is either the same as vanilla or changed according to the Treasures & Shops section in the opening post.

About the rest. Until now i tried to dodge the question with "use the editor" cause that's what i did at the beginning but in the end i had some spreadsheet to keep track of changes and compare values... which is what you need if you wanna optimize builds... and the editor just won't do.

There's an issue with those spreadsheets though... they're literally half in english and half in italian cause they weren't supposed to be seen by (or make sense for) anyone but me. Still, having all the values in a single page is WAY better than using the editor alone. As for the parts in italian, going back to the english name should be way faster than not using these docs at all.

So... I just uploaded them just the way they are. To make things a bit easier, since i don't have the time to fix all the names there, everyone is allowed to leave comments to ask questions, put english names where italian names are or whatever. Just use as you see fit.

Hope they'll still be useful.

Equipment doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1x0HGGK5up3MWgbSgeysR8VQ3YzFT8YOy/edit#gid=140150310
Psynergy doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ub3UfJimPP7VcXcsZV45t0X8EMMTIWPM/edit#gid=1066041648

PS: How to comment: example in equipment, weapon, "Spada di Sol". Notice the yellow mark. Leave a comment on a cell by clicking on it with the right button of the mouse.

Shogun1337

Thanks for the quick reply, Caledor! Reading the spreadsheets, and wondering why haven't you released them earlier... Everything is arranged extremely good and careful.

Followers of your hack can help you with commenting the names, and it is not so hard navigating. Will check it more thoroughly!

Congrats yet again for your efforts!  :idea: :VenusStar: :MarsStar: :JupiterStar: :MercuryStar:

Maxipotter

:!: Wow, that's some really good resources, that's great. Thanks Caledor! :heart:
I've commented the translations on the names and some other things in the weapons page already  :happy: I'll probably do the armor one next. Maybe tomorrow.

I'm going to start a new game to try out the latest patch (I played 1.71) but with that tiny change I once mentioned: Fire Breath (Acrobat and Dragon Helm) made into a MT EPA simillar to Shuriken to check that out.

Caledor

Quote from: Maxipotter on 12, September, 2019, 12:13:01 AM
:!: Wow, that's some really good resources, that's great. Thanks Caledor! :heart:
I've commented the translations on the names and some other things in the weapons page already  :happy: I'll probably do the armor one next. Maybe tomorrow.
Well, i'm amazed. You commented perfectly all the weapons and armors in less than a day, reporting even a few discrepancies between the docs and the actual rom. Thank you very much for your efforts. Hell, it looks even better than if the name were in english from the start, since a lot of comments (that i wouldn't have enabled otherwise) expand on the abbreviations i used.

So, thanks again. The least i can do is check those discrepancies you meticulously reported on the doc.

Moreover, since this was such a huge success i'm also allowing comments on the class doc. There's a lot of potential for permanent discussion about very specific things that will simply get buried page after page here. Like commenting "how would you use this" on a class name or "why this stat is lower/higher than the one on X" on stats, or movesets... anything, actually. I just wrote a few comments myself.

Maxipotter

Quote from: Caledor on 12, September, 2019, 01:34:46 PM
Well, i'm amazed. You commented perfectly all the weapons and armors in less than a day, reporting even a few discrepancies between the docs and the actual rom. Thank you very much for your efforts. Hell, it looks even better than if the name were in english from the start, since a lot of comments (that i wouldn't have enabled otherwise) expand on the abbreviations i used.

So, thanks again. The least i can do is check those discrepancies you meticulously reported on the doc.

Oww, thanks! It's the least I could do as a "thank you!" for such a wonderful hack  :heart: It wasn't all that hard, had the Editor in one hand and my spanish on the other, it's close enough  :happy: The discrepancies are quite minor, but I didn't want other users being confused by the different numbers

Quote from: Caledor on 12, September, 2019, 01:34:46 PM
Moreover, since this was such a huge success i'm also allowing comments on the class doc. There's a lot of potential for permanent discussion about very specific things that will simply get buried page after page here. Like commenting "how would you use this" on a class name or "why this stat is lower/higher than the one on X" on stats, or movesets... anything, actually. I just wrote a few comments myself.
This is great! As long as it doesn't rekindle the Jonin is OP discussion amirite?