News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

[RELEASE] Golden Sun Reloaded

Started by Caledor, 22, December, 2016, 03:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caledor

Quick v1.74 release. Fixes the errors reported on the doc by maxipotter and tweaks a few multiplier for classes i planned a looong time ago, but i felt that releasing them alone wasn't worth it.

Also i added a page on the class multiplier that lists the multipliers displayed by the editor, which are simply the in-game values doubled. If someone wants to check that i haven't screwed up, that's for them.

QuoteThis is great! As long as it doesn't rekindle the Jonin is OP discussion amirite?
I'll probably just reply with a link to the page were we talked about it here :P

Maxipotter

There I did the Psynergy doc, this one was a bit harder, some of those italian names a bit... abstract, but I'm confident in the result. Though that document could really benefit from a make-over.

Why is there an "outdated" page? why not remove it? It's a pity though, that one makes far more sense than the "updated" one.

Caledor

Thanks again maxi.  :heart:

About the names being abstract... that's due to the very strict char limit.

As for the outdated page, it was the main one originally, but then i wanted some global ranking from where i could adjust numbers better, so i copypasted everything on the other page and tweaked numbers only there. You can even see part of the graph i used to rebalance the power growth across all elements. The main part of it didn't get ported to google drive but basically i added a few points (like beginning, end and a few midway, the ones you can see) and had excel derive the growth formula from those for all the other points.

The outdated tag is mainly for "don't bother with numbers here" cause i stopped updating them as the other page was much more useful for me.

... Heck, i probably will now, though... i owe you that much.

Edit: turned out it was already up to date, lol.

Fresio

Hello, almost done with the first gs, can't wait to go into the lost age, but, I'm having trouble farming endgame armor in venis. I really want to send a perfect save file (but also my own) to TLA but I don't know who drops what or if anything at all, i tried rng manip on gryphons and chimeras but nothing drop, idk if I'm doing it wrong or that is how it works since I can't find any docs about it. Any pointers? I kust wann het 2  featheres robes, since o think i have the best of everything else without farming. Thank you very much, I'm absolutely adoring this

Caledor

This is a question that pops out from time to time but all i can say is:

- Changed drops are listed in the first page. Everything not listed there is unchanged. Actually I don't think TBS had drops changed at all.
- If you still have doubts, use the editor to check.
- RNG manipulation guides still work flawlessly and can be found on GameFAQS. Do not follow blindly the move sequence from vanilla, learn how RNG works and adapt
- The method above works but humans can fail at math, so if you still fail try to get as close as possible to 31 and try around there (like in the 28-34 range) with savestates.

Fresio

I guess i was doing it wrong, according to my calculations i was on 31 everytime, but i guess i wasnt counting correctly. Anyways, I managed and every rng item is ready for TLA, ninja hoods max, the boots, the kikuichimonjis and the shirts, I hope I didnt miss out on any busted items (because of the rebalance). Finally beat Fusion Dragon (Level 30 all tri elementals), it was way harder than I expected (even deadbeard i beat at 25ish).
Anyways, Im so hyped for TLA. Thank you very much again not only for the incredible rebalances but also for the quick responses, this has been an excellent experience. pls mr bowser gs4 when.
Hope I dont need to come back too much for answers for the second game. Once again thank you. Much love  :heart:

Fresio

Ignore this reply, quick search confirmed feature. Sorry my b

Ok here we go, I got mud where i was supposed to get chill. Issue? Feature?

Caledor

Usually all "feature or not" questions can be answered by the first page, since it's a list of features.
Anyway, hope you'll enjoy your playthrough and if you have any questions don't worry, you can find me here ;)

PS: added the link to the RNG guide on gamefaqs and a reminder at the drops section

Maxipotter

Quote from: Caledor on 26, September, 2019, 12:52:58 PM
Edit: turned out it was already up to date, lol.

Oh, I didn't even bother checking, dumb me. That's great though. Im going to translate that page right now. Thanks!

Chronotakular

Hey Caledor,

I've been playing through very slowly since the latest version came out, I wanted to skip a Broken Seal this time around, but meh.

But hey! I found a bug! It's easy fix I'm sure.

In TBS, If Ivan is equipped with 6 Venus Djinns, he actually becomes a Spellblade, which is one of Isaac's classes.

Okay, so I was wrong. I can replicate a similar change in class with Mia, but I just wasn't experiencing a different class change with other characters with 6 Djinn so I assumed it was a bug. Also seeing Ivan with Ragnarok may have contributed to that. Lol

I'll have a complete write up later once I'm done with GS1 before GS2. See you then!

Caledor

Yeah, it's not a bug, it's a feature!TM :P

Honestly though, i simply didn't port the "class separation patch" from TLA, so classes in TBS behave just like they do in vanilla.

I'll be waiting for your report!

Chronotakular

I'm wrapping up TBS, so I'll share my thoughts now, as they are mostly unlikely to change with just Doom Dragon left. I know TBS isn't your focus, and TLA is where all the work goes, so I'll keep it brief. I tried to think about the game a little differently from a balancing design prospective so hopefully it's somewhat useful.

One think I'd like to mention is it's been almost 10 years since I've played vanilla, so honestly it's hard to remember what I'm comparing the base game too. So if I get some details wrong, bare with me.

Journey
  • I always go to Imil before going to Kolima. So Imil is a grind and struggle where as Kolima is easy peasy. I should probably play them in their intended order one of these days huh?
  • Okay so here is one of the few things I wanted to mention from a balance/experience perspective. For some reason the wild encounters around Tolbi don't yield more exp than around Kalay, even though it's a fair bit later in the game. What's weird to me is that monsters in Vault Cave seem to give more exp, than around Tolbi when I feel like it should most certainly be the opposite. Maybe I had some bad luck with encounters or vanilla wasn't balanced very well here? I honestly I have no idea and it's not that big of a deal, I just thought it was worth bringing up.
  • Classes this time ended looking up like this:
    :Isaac: : Black Knight (6 :MarsStar: 1 :VenusStar:) Primary Damage dealer. He also has pretty decent speed with this layout too.
    :Garet: : Luminier (6 :MercuryStar: 1 :MarsStar:) One of my favorite classes for Garet in the entire mod. Garet is slow, so healing and res on him I find so useful. Makes it so the character lives after they get res'd most times (lol)
    :Ivan: : Augur (6 :VenusStar: 1 :JupiterStar:) Unfortunately, Ivan got the leftovers this time around. Though healing at the beginning of the turn is vastly useful.
    :Mia: : Wise (6 :JupiterStar: 1 :MercuryStar:) I tired not to overdo party healing, but I always have to have one. Often go with Mia because Mythril Circlet is a thing.

Seemed to work well this time around! But TBS is never the struggle. TLA I play in hard mode so that one is always tricky to figure out what works. I always end up going tri-elemental classes in that game so we'll see what I lean towards soon.
Bosses
  • I struggled on 0 of these this time around, I think that's because I've been playing the game for a while so I know what strategies work, but I'll play devil's advocate here and agree with what most comments say: Hydros Statue is probably the hardest boss in the entire game. Almost every time I play this I have to set up my djinn differently, which is a good thing! But I do think this boss is mighty difficult without AoE healing which is hard to achieve with what Djinn you have up to this point.
  Toadonpa
  • This boss kicked my @#$ then I realized I forgot to grab Hail near Tolbi. Oops. This is one of the harder fights in the game though if you go and do it as soon as you can.
  Deadbeard
  • I don't know how much control you have over most things with the editor, but out of the 4 or so times I've played this mod, I've almost exclusively won this fight due to Deadbeard running out of PP. I really don't remember this happening in vanilla, but like I said it's been a while. I think this is possibly a side effect of the ton of balancing you've done for player skills, and as a result, Deadbeard's PP costs have gone through the roof. I can beat this fight at level 25, (which I think is pretty low/on par for this fight) once I get at least one character with Wish Well it's pretty easy. Though I'm not sure how difficult you want it to be. I guess my suggestion here is to see if you can up his max PP if you can, so it's not so easy to stall until his PP is drained. I don't even think this is a difficult boss in vanilla and I'm not sure how difficult you want to make it, but yeah. I'm beginning to ramble here, so moving on.

That's more or less it! Like I said, didn't want to go too crazy with this game because TBS isn't the focus. Hopefully you found something helpful or at least it was entertaining to read.  :happy:

To be continued in TLA! (However long that may take hehehe)

Caledor

This is pretty much in line with what i'd expect from an experienced player.

About the journey, yeah: that early into the game you WILL feel the difference from just a few levels, no way around it. Gonna have to check the exp thing though.

About bosses, it's no surprise to me that Hydros statue has the biggest spike in power level, cause i expect people to get the 4th water djinn before fighting him (and thus party heal, which is the #1 gamechanger in GS).

As for Deadbeard yeah, you were def underleveled (again, experienced player), so you won by outliving him. I can definitively remove that (every enemy has a PP regen stat) but unless you can actually stall (like chaining walls and stuff) instead of simply outlive him i don't really see the need for a change. AKA i'm okay with you being rewarded for fighting well instead of making it just a dps race, less ok if you hide behind walls and such until he runs out of juice.

I always have a good time reading your reports, hope you'll enjoy TLA as well! ;)

Chronotakular

I'm back quicker than I thought. This time I actually found a bug (unlike last time lol) Guardian's Ring is halving max HP. I'm pretty sure the value for the HP multiplier is set to 0.5 when I'm pretty sure the value for the item should be set to 1.5.

Caledor

eh. i can guess the bug without opening the editor nor the documentation. it's supposed to be hp+5 but a value of 5 coupled with the hp multiplier means x0.5

Chronotakular

That makes more sense. I was like 1.5x seems way too strong. Haha.

Caledor

after days of struggling with the editor i finally managed to fix the guardian ring. Patch is up.

Chronotakular

Awesome! I'll definitely patch and head back into it (now that pokemon is becoming a bit boring hehehehe)

Rikku

Hi everyone!

Is there any possibility to use this mod in Spanish or another languaje ?

Caledor

The mod as released here works only on the english ROM. Since i'm Italian, I also have my personal Italian ROM with the same features as Reloaded.