Golden Sun Hacking Community
November 20, 2019, 05:12:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [RELEASE] Golden Sun Reloaded  (Read 161545 times)

I need saves to test encounters in GS Reloaded!

Excellent Member

Coins: 0

« Reply #620 on: September 13, 2019, 01:34:33 AM »

Quick v1.74 release. Fixes the errors reported on the doc by maxipotter and tweaks a few multiplier for classes i planned a looong time ago, but i felt that releasing them alone wasn't worth it.

Also i added a page on the class multiplier that lists the multipliers displayed by the editor, which are simply the in-game values doubled. If someone wants to check that i haven't screwed up, that's for them.

This is great! As long as it doesn't rekindle the Jonin is OP discussion amirite?
I'll probably just reply with a link to the page were we talked about it here :P
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 01:37:28 AM by Caledor » Logged
View Profile

Novice Member

« Reply #621 on: September 26, 2019, 02:46:25 AM »

There I did the Psynergy doc, this one was a bit harder, some of those italian names a bit... abstract, but I'm confident in the result. Though that document could really benefit from a make-over.

Why is there an "outdated" page? why not remove it? It's a pity though, that one makes far more sense than the "updated" one.
View Profile

Excellent Member

« Reply #622 on: September 26, 2019, 04:52:58 PM »

Thanks again maxi.  Joy

About the names being abstract... that's due to the very strict char limit.

As for the outdated page, it was the main one originally, but then i wanted some global ranking from where i could adjust numbers better, so i copypasted everything on the other page and tweaked numbers only there. You can even see part of the graph i used to rebalance the power growth across all elements. The main part of it didn't get ported to google drive but basically i added a few points (like beginning, end and a few midway, the ones you can see) and had excel derive the growth formula from those for all the other points.

The outdated tag is mainly for "don't bother with numbers here" cause i stopped updating them as the other page was much more useful for me.

... Heck, i probably will now, though... i owe you that much.

Edit: turned out it was already up to date, lol.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 11:39:38 PM by Caledor » Logged
View Profile

New User

« Reply #623 on: September 27, 2019, 01:27:24 PM »

Hello, almost done with the first gs, can't wait to go into the lost age, but, I'm having trouble farming endgame armor in venis. I really want to send a perfect save file (but also my own) to TLA but I don't know who drops what or if anything at all, i tried rng manip on gryphons and chimeras but nothing drop, idk if I'm doing it wrong or that is how it works since I can't find any docs about it. Any pointers? I kust wann het 2  featheres robes, since o think i have the best of everything else without farming. Thank you very much, I'm absolutely adoring this
View Profile

Excellent Member

« Reply #624 on: September 27, 2019, 04:32:53 PM »

This is a question that pops out from time to time but all i can say is:

- Changed drops are listed in the first page. Everything not listed there is unchanged. Actually I don't think TBS had drops changed at all.
- If you still have doubts, use the editor to check.
- RNG manipulation guides still work flawlessly and can be found on GameFAQS. Do not follow blindly the move sequence from vanilla, learn how RNG works and adapt
- The method above works but humans can fail at math, so if you still fail try to get as close as possible to 31 and try around there (like in the 28-34 range) with savestates.
View Profile

New User

« Reply #625 on: September 27, 2019, 08:46:50 PM »

I guess i was doing it wrong, according to my calculations i was on 31 everytime, but i guess i wasnt counting correctly. Anyways, I managed and every rng item is ready for TLA, ninja hoods max, the boots, the kikuichimonjis and the shirts, I hope I didnt miss out on any busted items (because of the rebalance). Finally beat Fusion Dragon (Level 30 all tri elementals), it was way harder than I expected (even deadbeard i beat at 25ish).
Anyways, Im so hyped for TLA. Thank you very much again not only for the incredible rebalances but also for the quick responses, this has been an excellent experience. pls mr bowser gs4 when.
Hope I dont need to come back too much for answers for the second game. Once again thank you. Much love  Joy
View Profile

New User

« Reply #626 on: September 28, 2019, 10:28:20 PM »

Ignore this reply, quick search confirmed feature. Sorry my b

Ok here we go, I got mud where i was supposed to get chill. Issue? Feature?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 10:30:21 PM by Fresio » Logged
View Profile

Excellent Member

« Reply #627 on: September 29, 2019, 01:54:45 PM »

Usually all "feature or not" questions can be answered by the first page, since it's a list of features.
Anyway, hope you'll enjoy your playthrough and if you have any questions don't worry, you can find me here ;)

PS: added the link to the RNG guide on gamefaqs and a reminder at the drops section
View Profile

Novice Member

« Reply #628 on: September 29, 2019, 05:10:42 PM »

Edit: turned out it was already up to date, lol.

Oh, I didn't even bother checking, dumb me. That's great though. Im going to translate that page right now. Thanks!
View Profile

Novice Member

« Reply #629 on: November 06, 2019, 01:59:33 AM »

Hey Caledor,

I've been playing through very slowly since the latest version came out, I wanted to skip a Broken Seal this time around, but meh.

But hey! I found a bug! It's easy fix I'm sure.

In TBS, If Ivan is equipped with 6 Venus Djinns, he actually becomes a Spellblade, which is one of Isaac's classes.

Okay, so I was wrong. I can replicate a similar change in class with Mia, but I just wasn’t experiencing a different class change with other characters with 6 Djinn so I assumed it was a bug. Also seeing Ivan with Ragnarok may have contributed to that. Lol

I'll have a complete write up later once I'm done with GS1 before GS2. See you then!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 08:19:24 AM by Chronotakular » Logged
View Profile

Excellent Member

« Reply #630 on: November 06, 2019, 05:34:44 PM »

Yeah, it's not a bug, it's a feature!TM :P

Honestly though, i simply didn't port the "class separation patch" from TLA, so classes in TBS behave just like they do in vanilla.

I'll be waiting for your report!
View Profile

Novice Member

« Reply #631 on: November 11, 2019, 03:28:14 AM »

I'm wrapping up TBS, so I'll share my thoughts now, as they are mostly unlikely to change with just Doom Dragon left. I know TBS isn't your focus, and TLA is where all the work goes, so I'll keep it brief. I tried to think about the game a little differently from a balancing design prospective so hopefully it's somewhat useful.

One think I'd like to mention is it's been almost 10 years since I've played vanilla, so honestly it's hard to remember what I'm comparing the base game too. So if I get some details wrong, bare with me.

Journey
  • I always go to Imil before going to Kolima. So Imil is a grind and struggle where as Kolima is easy peasy. I should probably play them in their intended order one of these days huh?
  • Okay so here is one of the few things I wanted to mention from a balance/experience perspective. For some reason the wild encounters around Tolbi don't yield more exp than around Kalay, even though it's a fair bit later in the game. What's weird to me is that monsters in Vault Cave seem to give more exp, than around Tolbi when I feel like it should most certainly be the opposite. Maybe I had some bad luck with encounters or vanilla wasn't balanced very well here? I honestly I have no idea and it's not that big of a deal, I just thought it was worth bringing up.
  • Classes this time ended looking up like this:
     Isaac : Black Knight (6 Mars 1 Venus) Primary Damage dealer. He also has pretty decent speed with this layout too.
     Garet : Luminier (6 Mercury 1 Mars) One of my favorite classes for Garet in the entire mod. Garet is slow, so healing and res on him I find so useful. Makes it so the character lives after they get res'd most times (lol)
     Ivan : Augur (6 Venus 1 Jupiter) Unfortunately, Ivan got the leftovers this time around. Though healing at the beginning of the turn is vastly useful.
     Mia : Wise (6 Jupiter 1 Mercury) I tired not to overdo party healing, but I always have to have one. Often go with Mia because Mythril Circlet is a thing.

Seemed to work well this time around! But TBS is never the struggle. TLA I play in hard mode so that one is always tricky to figure out what works. I always end up going tri-elemental classes in that game so we'll see what I lean towards soon.
Bosses
  • I struggled on 0 of these this time around, I think that's because I've been playing the game for a while so I know what strategies work, but I'll play devil's advocate here and agree with what most comments say: Hydros Statue is probably the hardest boss in the entire game. Almost every time I play this I have to set up my djinn differently, which is a good thing! But I do think this boss is mighty difficult without AoE healing which is hard to achieve with what Djinn you have up to this point.
  Toadonpa
  • This boss kicked my @#$ then I realized I forgot to grab Hail near Tolbi. Oops. This is one of the harder fights in the game though if you go and do it as soon as you can.
  Deadbeard
  • I don't know how much control you have over most things with the editor, but out of the 4 or so times I've played this mod, I've almost exclusively won this fight due to Deadbeard running out of PP. I really don't remember this happening in vanilla, but like I said it's been a while. I think this is possibly a side effect of the ton of balancing you've done for player skills, and as a result, Deadbeard's PP costs have gone through the roof. I can beat this fight at level 25, (which I think is pretty low/on par for this fight) once I get at least one character with Wish Well it's pretty easy. Though I'm not sure how difficult you want it to be. I guess my suggestion here is to see if you can up his max PP if you can, so it's not so easy to stall until his PP is drained. I don't even think this is a difficult boss in vanilla and I'm not sure how difficult you want to make it, but yeah. I'm beginning to ramble here, so moving on.

That's more or less it! Like I said, didn't want to go too crazy with this game because TBS isn't the focus. Hopefully you found something helpful or at least it was entertaining to read.  Happy

To be continued in TLA! (However long that may take hehehe)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 06:51:31 AM by Chronotakular » Logged
View Profile

Excellent Member

« Reply #632 on: November 12, 2019, 04:29:37 PM »

This is pretty much in line with what i'd expect from an experienced player.

About the journey, yeah: that early into the game you WILL feel the difference from just a few levels, no way around it. Gonna have to check the exp thing though.

About bosses, it's no surprise to me that Hydros statue has the biggest spike in power level, cause i expect people to get the 4th water djinn before fighting him (and thus party heal, which is the #1 gamechanger in GS).

As for Deadbeard yeah, you were def underleveled (again, experienced player), so you won by outliving him. I can definitively remove that (every enemy has a PP regen stat) but unless you can actually stall (like chaining walls and stuff) instead of simply outlive him i don't really see the need for a change. AKA i'm okay with you being rewarded for fighting well instead of making it just a dps race, less ok if you hide behind walls and such until he runs out of juice.

I always have a good time reading your reports, hope you'll enjoy TLA as well! ;)
View Profile

Novice Member

« Reply #633 on: November 14, 2019, 09:03:15 PM »

I’m back quicker than I thought. This time I actually found a bug (unlike last time lol) Guardian’s Ring is halving max HP. I’m pretty sure the value for the HP multiplier is set to 0.5 when I’m pretty sure the value for the item should be set to 1.5.
View Profile

Excellent Member

« Reply #634 on: November 14, 2019, 09:07:48 PM »

eh. i can guess the bug without opening the editor nor the documentation. it's supposed to be hp+5 but a value of 5 coupled with the hp multiplier means x0.5
View Profile

Novice Member

« Reply #635 on: November 15, 2019, 01:48:55 AM »

That makes more sense. I was like 1.5x seems way too strong. Haha.
View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
November 14, 2019, 01:50:02 PM
Fox: So like... a layers offset might normally be located at +0xC, but in Tennis, it is at +0x10)
November 14, 2019, 01:48:51 PM
Fox: (Talking about the data in map header thingy.)
November 14, 2019, 01:48:10 PM
Fox: So took a look at Tennis.... Seems Atrius's editor displays all maps incorrectly because he forgot that some stuff was offsetted by 4 (You know with everything from layer offsets and files/etc.)  Fix that, and it seems to display properly. Hm.
November 14, 2019, 06:18:29 AM
Fox: That is a quote I found somewhere. How amusing. xD
November 14, 2019, 06:18:06 AM
Fox: only canadians give up dont be a canadian
November 11, 2019, 03:27:02 AM
Salanewt: Especially since there might be a v0.5.1.1 in the near future, if any bugs are found by people playing the demo.
November 11, 2019, 03:26:38 AM
Salanewt: Oh yeah, so for people who aren't aware; v0.5.1 of the AI Overhaul is available on the Discord, but I'm delaying the creation of a downloads page + topic until I finish the demo.
November 02, 2019, 12:05:31 PM
Fox: And yeah, there's a topic for the Discord. in News & Announcements (http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=2831.0)
November 02, 2019, 11:55:00 AM
Fox: Went to go study some German a little earlier. (Using duolingo to give it a try.) ... And. Huh. German capitalizes all nouns? (Not necessarily pronouns, though.)
November 01, 2019, 07:49:25 AM
thenightsshadow: Didn't realize there was a Discord at all.
October 31, 2019, 07:22:02 AM
Fox: (Which I guess not having Special badges in inventory was by purpose.... So I'll ifnore that bit. Just whats with the dup Halloween badge in inv?)
October 31, 2019, 07:18:26 AM
Fox: Question about badges = Why do I have two of the same Halloween badge in my inventory... but not on my profile? And by two, I mean the Honk badge is not there.
October 31, 2019, 06:56:26 AM
Fox: Does tns want to join the most active part of GSHC? - Its Discord? :D  And welcome back!
October 31, 2019, 06:52:17 AM
Fox: (Ofcourse it would be capitalized if it were the name of a system, and anytime that system would be referenced... but I'm more going with why we *never* see Psynergy and Djinni not capitalized.)
October 31, 2019, 06:49:58 AM
thenightsshadow: Yeah, just kinda got an email out of nowhere and it reminded me.
October 31, 2019, 06:42:40 AM
Fox: and main reason I said "not intended to become part of English" ... was because I thought of words like "animals"... and they can technically still be lowercase at times.
October 31, 2019, 06:41:17 AM
Fox: group/type/thing/whatever
October 31, 2019, 06:38:54 AM
Fox: Not saying it is exacly that... but it is a thought, at least.
October 31, 2019, 06:36:41 AM
Fox: I mean like... when you're naming a person... the object of the game is to make up a name... (Although, I think capitalization is more for formality.) ... so... when you're coming up with a name like Psynergy or Djinni, I figure it is a similar approach. Just more for a group rather than a single being.
October 31, 2019, 06:30:01 AM
Fox: "part"..... but that too, I guess. Also, there may be scenarios where item and status are lowercase.

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise