News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

[RELEASE] Golden Sun Reloaded

Started by Caledor, 22, December, 2016, 03:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caledor

v1.79 is up

1 major bugfix (Res buffs were in steps of 20 instead of intended 15) and minor adjustments.
Also unlimited ability icons gets back Mist on the ninja line (for starters)

EDIT: actually TLA is messed up, i'll have to check again.

EDIT2: In the meantime, the attached file, applied ON TOP of v1.78c fixes the Res buff bug

EDIT3: TLA Patch is up!

Usami

Hello, there.

I've been having a great time playing this mod, but I seem to ave run into an issue.

The new djinn setups for item classes does not seem to work properly for the Pierrot class. The attached images show the djinn requirements for the 2nd tier of the Pierrot Class being fullfilled for everyone except Felix, be they all stay at Pierrot. I've tested for the other 2 item classes, and those work fine.

Thanks in advance. :repair:

Caledor

Hi and Welcome, Usami!

My bad, I forgot to update the info about the Djinn progression for Pierrot, which changed with the last release.

Now it's Water - Earth - Fire - Wind. That's why it's working for Felix alone, cause he's innately granting the needed 3 Venus levels.

Thanks for reporting!

Usami

Ah, I see.

I tried just now, and it's working properly.

Thanks, and have a good day.  :JupiterDjinni:

Chunkyson

Yo, I'm very new to this forum and only made an account to ask this question.

Im boutta have the final showdown with Dullahan, and I've been treasure hunting. I've been told the feathered robe is the best robe on Ivan, I went to the shaman village cave but there were no wild gryphons in sight :'(.

I'm asking you, grand creator of this wonderful patch, where are the wild gryphons hiding at?

(P.S what level would you recommend to fight Dullahan at?)

(Also I noticed Valukar was renamed to Balrog, why was that?)

Chunkyson

Oops posted twice  :sad:

Caledor

Hi and welcome Chunkyson, let's see...

Wild Gryphons have been moved to Jupiter Lighthouse but they also don't drop feathered robe anymore, so hunting them is useless. You should go for Wise Gryphons in Magma Rock, which drop the Aeolian Cassock, basically an upgrade to the Feathered Robe.

Level for Dullahan I'd say 45+, with 40 being the bare minimum for all psynergies. 42 if using necromancer (Call dullahan).

Balrog is just Valukar's original Japanese name

EDIT: After a more through check, I have confirmed that Feathered Robe is unobtainable in TLA, so I've added it to the "must be brought from GS1" list in the opening post.

Chunkyson

Mkay, thank you very much for the info, I cant wait to face doom dragon. :happy:

RegalStar

Hi, I'm having trouble getting the RNG method to work in TBS. I was trying to grab a Prophet's Hat off Cerberus, but I can't get it to drop even on RN 31.

I used save states to found out that if I reset in the room after Squall, then leave and re-enter 4 times, two Cerberi will appear. However, I tried multiple times to use 6 multi-target psynergies (without killing any) or 4 multi-target psynergies + a Wish, then finishing off one of them with a mercury djinni (which should lead to it dying on RN31), and while it would flash and die, no hat would drop for me. Just for sanity check I used a rom editor to check that Cerberus would drop the hat at all, and the editor says indeed it does (1/64 chance).

EDIT: I found this topic https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/561356-golden-sun-the-lost-age/45031874 and used cheat engine to check the memory for RN. Apparently something used up one extra RN than normal because I realized that I was getting RN31 on the flash, not on the kill, so I went back and used 1 less RN than normal and the hat dropped. I have no earthly idea what used up that extra RN though.

EDIT 2: After several successful RN methods, I started failing again on trying to get a Spike Armor from Chimaera Mage, so I opened up cheat engine to keep track of RN again. Turns out Sleet is using up one more RN for no apparent reason.

DOUBLE POST: Ivan not having access to growth at all means I can't cheat as much in Colloso as vanilla :(

Caledor

Hi RegalStar,

about the drop, do you still have the save so I can do some testing? Most likely culprit is the djinn if it's off by one btw, in case you wanna try again.

The topic of Ivan lacking growth pops up from time to time. There's no way around it with classes cause Growth is the second worst spell in its element IIRC, so a spellcaster class won't have it.

I considered adding an item that teaches Growth but it's so minor i'm not sure it's worth it.

RegalStar

Quote from: Caledor on 28, June, 2021, 06:38:41 PM
Hi RegalStar,

about the drop, do you still have the save so I can do some testing? Most likely culprit is the djinn if it's off by one btw, in case you wanna try again.

The topic of Ivan lacking growth pops up from time to time. There's no way around it with classes cause Growth is the second worst spell in its element IIRC, so a spellcaster class won't have it.

I considered adding an item that teaches Growth but it's so minor i'm not sure it's worth it.

Here's a save: http://puu.sh/HStf9/c07622efc2.sav though this one is for a different djinni that also exhibits the same problem (Gust). First encounter in the room is Grand Golem + Wild Griffin. With all psynergies centering on Grand Golem, turn 1 use Plasma/Fireball/Thunderclap/Prism (16 RNs); turn 2 use Plasma/Defend/Gust/Prism (8 RNs). Grand Golem dies but no Zodiac Wand at the battle's end. On the other hand, Turn 1 use Shine Plasma/Wish/Thunderclap/Punishment (18 RNs); turn 2 Plasma/Defend/Gust/Impact (on Garet) (5 RNs) will result in Zodiac Wand dropping. Switching Gust to Squall will result in the first method working (but the second not working).

Caledor

It's 100% the djinn. Sounds like Gust is adding 3 RN instead of 2, while Gust and Smog work as intended. Just like Sleet before

Dark Mits

It's been some time since I last spammed  :happy:  I just started Mars Lighthouse, but I'd like to provide some feedback. I think some have been discussed and already addressed, but my memory is hazy.

Djinn:
- When Psynergy-sealed, many djinn simply Defend, they do not use their normal Attack. But it's not a "proper" Defend that reduces the damage they receive.
- The Mars Djinni in Magma Rock (was it Fury?), even though not affected by any debuffs/status effects, started Defending a lot after around 8-10 rounds. Is it possible it ran out of PP due to its Psynergy costing more than what it recovers at the end of each round? I'll check if the 4 remaining end-game djinn also behave similarly.

Items with uses:
So far I have found 4 items with restorative effects: Nurse Cap, Faery Vest, Spirit Ring and Unicorn Ring.
- Both Nurse Cap and Faery Vest can be used out of combat, but only from characters that can equip them. This is identical to how these items behave in the unmodded game too.
- The Spirit Ring cannot be used out of combat. This is unlike the unmodded game where it can be used normally.
- The Unicorn Ring also cannot be used out of combat, again unlike the unmodded game. I suppose this is because its effect is party wide in the mod, and it does not have an accompanying Psynergy effect that can be used out of combat.
- Is the chance to break for an on-use item tied to the character's Luck stat? I have not actively tested it, but I think that my 30+ Luck character got over 20 uses of the items, while my Luck 8 character usually has it break after 1 or 2 uses only.

Other notes:
- Moapa also wastes a lot of actions Defending after using his Mist Potion. It doesn't seem to reduce the damage he takes either.
- Agatio is significantly more dangerous than Karst when fought atop Jupiter Lighthouse. If the player defeats Agatio first, they have a noticeably easier time than if they defeat Karst first. I was thinking if maybe Agatio's damage should be lowered a bit and either increasing Karst's damage or giving her 2 actions per round to keep the fight balanced.
- The fight against the Colosso Warriors in Shaman Cave feels undertuned. It lasted only 6 rounds (on Hard Mode!) and there was no need to use even a single heal during its entirety. It could be a fluke though.

RegalStar

Is there a reason why Slayer is so poor? (It only gives out 21 coins which seems atrocious for a west continent encounter)

Caledor

Sorry for the late reply guys. I've read immediately as usual but then stuff kept me busy.

- I'll definitively have to investigate the Defend thing as well as the gladiators. Agatio being more dangerous than kars is less important though, i can potentially write it off as "strategy" to focus on him.
- Dunno if luck affects breaking changes, but it would be odd if it's still unknown honestly
- IIRC spirit ring didn't break when used out of battle. That alone forced me to disable its usage on the field.
- Slayer is a typo. I checked my docs, it's supposed to be 211 coins

VardenSalad

Quote from: Dark Mits on 30, June, 2021, 07:38:44 AM
- Agatio is significantly more dangerous than Karst when fought atop Jupiter Lighthouse. If the player defeats Agatio first, they have a noticeably easier time than if they defeat Karst first. I was thinking if maybe Agatio's damage should be lowered a bit and either increasing Karst's damage or giving her 2 actions per round to keep the fight balanced.

For what it's worth, I think this is a positive; Agatio is a gigantic warrior and really puts out the damage while Karst supports. If I were to have to buff Karst, I'd look at the hit chance on Death Scythe to punish low-luck characters.

@Caledor: Did Ground pick up a miss chance somewhere? Deadbeard seems to be dodging mine a good % of the time. Does Skip a turn use 140% chance on Ground or 115%? I'm only level 28, so maybe Deadbeard just has the Luck to get past it. Or maybe it's my ROM; Deadbeard is only regenerating a few hp and pp a turn, like 1 and 2.
Never forget why you started playing.

Caledor

Released v1.80 for the few minor fixes we discussed recently:

Djinn PP Regen (increased based on turn count)
Slayer's coin amount (21 -> 211)
Moapa's AI.

Turned out the weakest iteration of Moapa (you win all 3 rounds in the trial) always had lower AI than other Moapas (which happen when you lose some rounds in the trial) and than bosses in general.

@Varden. Ground has base 115%, so Deadbeard has just to win the luck check to resist it. I have confirmed Deadbeard's regen, this is an old issue sadly. The editor can't read regen values for GS1, which are handled differently from TLA, so i'm afraid something goes wrong when i save. I'll figure it out and reupload the GS1 patch when fixed.

VardenSalad

Yeah, no problem at all. I got past him with Luff, Protect, and Atk Down regardless.
Never forget why you started playing.

Caledor

Released TBS v1.80a which fixes Deadbeard's PS and PP regen (btw he doesn't need PP regen at all), and Djinn PP regen.

EDIT 01/08/2021: Released TLA v1.80a to fix a minor bug with weapon sprites. Caladbolg and Ker's Weight equipped by Garet and Mia respectively, appeared in battle as Axe and Ankh instead of Sword/Staff.

javi3

Quote from: Caledor on 18, July, 2021, 06:33:46 PM
Released TBS v1.80a which fixes Deadbeard's PS and PP regen (btw he doesn't need PP regen at all), and Djinn PP regen.

EDIT 01/08/2021: Released TLA v1.80a to fix a minor bug with weapon sprites. Caladbolg and Ker's Weight equipped by Garet and Mia respectively, appeared in battle as Axe and Ankh instead of Sword/Staff.
Hi, could you upload the patch in ups please?  It is that it is incompatible in a translation patch in nups, thanks and great job