News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Happy New Year!

Started by Ark, 31, December, 2016, 05:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ark

Hello everyone~

First I want to thank the admins for the help earlier. Now onto the introduction! I'm Ark, a long time speedrunner of various games who has helped out with various speedrunning projects. I ran Golden Sun back in 2012 back when the game was relatively unexplored as a speedgame. Before that I ran I Wanna Be The Guy and I Wanna Be The Guy: Gaiden. I've helped out with various speedrunning projects like The Sunday Sequence Break and Speed Gaming League to name a few. I've recently been looking into getting back into GS speedruns when Plexa showed me this interesting community. I've looked through some of the old posts regarding GS specifics and as I get more time I'd like to read through more of them. Thanks for all the effort you guys have put into the game! I hope to contribute something useful towards that as well in the future.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Hello Ark~

First, I want to thank you for being a part of our Community! Make yourself at home.  Another speed-runner? That sounds nice. Can you use your speed-running skills to quickly save us from the flood that's about to come? (Not saying one's coming, but wouldn't that be ironic.) Sorry, kind of had a moment there. Heh.  Maybe I'll look into those projects some time.

And you're welcome about the effort.... Most of the studies were not with speed running in mind, but hopefully you find them useful, either way.
As for contributions.... if you mean documenting data, you are free to edit the GS docs in my signature. (Guests can edit until there's a problem.)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)