News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

VOID AS OF 24/10/19: Forum Rules And Guidelines

Started by Charon, 16, March, 2009, 03:22:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charon

:JupiterSet: RULES AND GUIDELINES FOR GOLDEN SUN HACKING COMMUNITY :JupiterSet:

Hello, I'm Charon, and I am one of the administrators, the other being Atrius.

A few notes to point out -

- I am not involved in the creation of the GS:TLA editor, Atrius is the sole creator of it.  Please direct your questions about it toward him. If you have general hacking questions, that's fine, though (hell, I could probably learn some things from new members).

- For new members of this forum, I will be monitoring your behaviour and making sure its not something that will tear our little community apart. Thus I am highly recommending you to all to read these following rules. Most are simply common sense and are meant to make this forum a better place.

Now, for the rules. These rules apply to any part of the forum, including the Cbox, PM system, and Profiles!

EDIT: We no longer have a "warn system". We will verbally warn you 3 times of an offence, before banning for a set period of time ranging from one day to two weeks. After this period is complete, after another 3 verbal warnings, a second ban will occur, now for two weeks. After this period is complete, after 3 verbal warnings, you are gone. Forever.

NOTE TO MODERATOR - Please CC to all members of moderation team if giving a verbal warning. This includes the quote of the infraction.

Part I. Infracting any of the following rules will result in an instant 2-week ban (with the exception of bots which will be banned permanently).
The second infraction of the following will result in a full permanent ban which can only be reversed by emailing me and asking me to unban you with a good explanation why.

1. No Illegally Distributing Commercial Software.  Commercial Software includes ROMs, ISOs, computer games, programs, or anything that is sold for profit.  This includes posting links to, or names of websites that provide it. It's illegal unless it's a homebrew, just don't do it. If you would like to distribute a ROM hack, distribute it in a patch file, such as an IPS.

As a minor note, please understand that this website involves the hobby of hacking ROM/ISO video game images and nothing else. We do not condone the practice of malicious hacking and we will ban users upon discussing it.

2. No Trolling. Not that we're particularly prone to it, but if you want to be a jerk and stir up a fight for no reason, we won't need you around. If you come on here and just dis Golden Sun, the forums or even some random user, expect to be banned.

3. If I find a bot, it will be automatically be banned permanently. So do not go around advertising like a bot. A bot is a user made by an advertising company to seek cheap advertising, and in addition to the bot being banned, I will remove the advertisement and lock the thread.

4. No alternative accounts. You don't need it. I will remove both accounts if this is done.

5. Infringing on any of the following categories to an extreme extent. For example, posting 5 or 6 posts in a row ect.

Part II. Infracting any of the following rules will result in a verbal warning.
Three verbal warning is a ban. Nine is a permanent ban.
NOTE: Infracting some of the following rules does not mean a definite raising of your warn level - however, constant infraction of a rule may result in a boost, and if it is rather prevalent, a boost of two or more.

1. Respect the board's members. No random flame wars or bashing of any sort.

2. Please try to avoid spam (stupid pointless annoying messages). Don't just post for the sake of boosting your post count. 1 word posts are not permitted. If it persists, I will activate a minimum character amount requirement.

3. Try to keep your posts clean. Keep sex, drugs, swearing, ect. to a minimum. This applies to avatars and signatures as well.

4. Try to remember that us less fortunate members may have crappy internet connections and posting a ton of pictures, unless completely necessary, will not be tolerated.

5. Advertising of outside websites and forums is allowed in signatures, and when it contributes to an on-going discussion. It should be done in a minimal manner, and never just for the sake of advertising otherwise it will result in a warning.

6. Do not double post. This means posting twice in a row, unless this is applying to an art/hack thread and you are the creator and adding an update.

7. This is an English forum. When posting in the forums, you will type in English, unless the thread is designated to be in a different language.

8. No requesting ROM files, or other illegally obtained files. Note that this is not posting files, but simply asking for them. If we warn you once, and you infringe again, it will result in a ban.

Part III. The following are guidelines for having a friendly, forum experience.
If the following are excessively, constantly or in any other extreme way infringed, you will receive a verbal warning. Some we will be more tolerant on than others.

1. Please try to type in legible English. I'm not asking everyone to be a Grammar Nazi, but if your post is so poorly written that no one can understand it, we will have issues.

2. Please try not to forum chat. It's okay if you're asking a question and someone gives you a response, but no, "How's the weather?" "Oh, fine" "LOL" ect.. We have MSN for a reason.

3. Don't purposely do anything obnoxious or anything stupid. Basically, be good.

4. Do not ask for betas/updates of any programs or hacks that other users may be working on. Well, it's okay, just not to the point of harassment.

Part IV. Image rules regarding Profiles
It should be noted that these rules are still under construction. Infraction to these rules will result in profile modification. Continued misuse will result in a short temporary ban.

1. No images featured on your profile (mainly Avatars and Signatures) may be a) obscene, b) threatening to other members or c) contain anything else that other members would not like to view publicly. Also, no Youtube or Nicovideo Videos are allowed in signatures. Spoilers are allowed but cannot contain anything that infringes upon any of the other signature rules.

2. Avatars are scaled to 200x200 pixels if uploaded. If linked, they MUST be less than 200x200 pixels or else they will be removed.

3. Total image size in signatures may not exceed 500x250 pixels. Images are allowed to be scaled using BBC.

4. Do not abuse BBC in profile fields. Some profile fields allow for BBC to be used, such as biography. Do not abuse BBC in these fields. A few side notes:

• Pictures, Youtube and Nicovideo are NOT allowed in your profile and can only be added by an administrator through the coin system. Infringing upon this will result in the video being removed and a possible deduction in coins.

• Font size greater than 20pt is not allowed. If bold text, font size cannot be greater than 18pt.

• Spoilers are not allowed on your profile, unless contained within a signature.

Part V. Cbox Rules.
    Originally, the Cbox was intended to not have any rules, however, abuse has lead to rules being set in place. These rules must be followed, and infractions on here will add up with the ones on the forum as well. If you have a reputation of being a spammer, spamming here will get you out just as quickly as spamming anywhere else.

Infringing on a rule will automatically result in your shout being deleted. Repeated infractions will involve in short bans, which will be extended gradually to longer ones. Length depends on the size of the problem the offending user has caused.

1. Forum Rules are to be applied in the Cbox. Any rule here is any rule there.

2. Do not use [ IMG ], [ YOUTUBE ], [ NICOVIDEO ] tags, or abuse the number of emotes in a Cbox shout. Also refrain from using large fonts.

3. If someone requests to change the subject, change the subject. It's very irritating when everyone wants to change subject, but someone lingers on, especially if it's controversial or not well argued. Also, anything that is brought up that is from something older than 2 pages in the Cbox archive, unless under a high volume of shouts or very important, will result in deletion.

If you receive a warning  and you need a clear explanation of your infraction, you're welcome to contact me via PM or email me at pycthedragon@yahoo.com. I will usually send a PM on the matter, however. The warns will have a time limit - when they expire, you're clean. However, if you mess up again before they expire, you will have to wait longer before the first expires, and so on. I will not take back the points until past the time I decided to expire them - do not try to negotiate on this manner. Most of the time I'll be giving them to make sure you don't go way off track.

You'll find that I'm a very lenient person and that I won't just try to make your life a living hell for the laughs, but please remember that I do have my limits and I will not be taken advantage of.

As reference, the old rules are here.

I hope you all have a nice day.

Kain

Part VI. Discord Rules.

1.  The forum and the Discord chat are separate entities.  Keep the drama from either away from each other.

2.  If there's an issue on the Discord, use the @ feature to get in touch with an admin.  Do not message us through the forum.

3.  The forums report feature is not usable for the Discord.  Doing so will be considered abuse of the system.  Likewise, if a problem happens on the forum, do not @ admins on the Discord to report it, use the forums report feature.

4. If new channels are needed for something, bring the topic up with an admin who will determine if it's needed or not.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!