Golden Sun Hacking Community
January 17, 2018, 07:13:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Self introduction, new project in mind(Halp please)  (Read 2973 times)
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

Coins: 32

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.
Emblems: Have a nice day.

« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2017, 05:57:00 AM »

I mean I know it would be a bad idea but I still want to see it. :D

Reflux: I know a bit of how that works, although I can't remember the details 100%. It's treated as a status effect in character RAM in the same way that stun or delusion are, and has its own action type in the same way that defend, attack, and djinn use do. It also defines an ability to counter attacks with depending on whether a player character or monster has the effect, animation included.

#0812501E = Approximate location for setting Counter-Attack (Reflux) to 0 at the end of the round (I made a patch that removes this mechanic in favour of a turn countdown like other effects).
#08123C68 = Counterattack/Djinn Counter (x09), which is where things like ability ID are defined. It looks like I never added what little I found to the document either. Oops!

It has been a while since I looked into it, and I mostly did that because I was curious about a couple things that I haven't bothered to try coding yet. I'll be returning here pretty soon actually; I want to finish coding the counterattack rate item attribute and I want to make a working Reflect buff that will work the same way as Reflux.

Turn count: Sounds cool. I'm not sure how extra turns granted through gear use and Kite work together, so you may want to test that.

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW
leaf
Potions class is starting
Venus Clan

Death Eater+Grass Snake = Snake Eater? SNAAAAAAAKE

Veteran Member

Coins: 10

« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2017, 08:09:39 AM »

The proposal for Ivan still remains having an extra turn. I am thinking either give it to him via Jupiter based weapons or via a ring.
Ring is less intrusive, and lets him share weapons with other characters. On the other hand, this also means he doesn't have a ring slot, so if you were planning on doing more with that slot, it would still be pretty invasive.

Personally, I dislike the idea of extra turns as an inherent character mechanic, simply because of how abusive it tends to be. It basically makes *anything* the class does razor sharp, and you end up needing to water it down just to keep it remotely balanced.

Imagine an item like this, that could be equipped by anyone:

Thieves' Ring
(Ring)
- Turns +1
- 0.5x Atk
- 0.8x Max HP
- 0.8x Max PP

Now, what kind of character would you place this on? You don't get much by spamming the attack command due to the halved atk. You could become a strategic nuker with double AOE psys, but you can't spam cast since you'll run out of PP too quickly, and the second turn would probably come late in the turn order anyway (so it wouldn't be that good for random encounters). So what do you do? Aha, you spam djinn and buffs! It carves out a niche for a character that can only do one thing, but they do it extremely well.

Note, however, since this ring can be equipped by anyone and it has some pretty severe drawbacks, it remains opt-in for the player. There's no clear "oh I definitely need to put this item on *this* character." They might still choose to just not use the item - that's important. GS's classes and itemization is built on the player being able to make characters do *almost* anything, but they tend to excel at certain roles more than others. If you give Ivan an exclusive ring that gives him an extra turn, you *cannot* balance it without pigeonholing him into one build path.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 09:45:29 AM by leaf » Logged

Spoiler for quotes:
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Template maker turned lurker

Alchemist

I am: wondering if we can get our clan position changed...
Clan Position: Grand Overlady of Jupiter

« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2017, 06:01:42 PM »

Geez, that seems made for summon spammers.  I think extra turns and turn restriction should be restricted to djinn-only effects, IMO.  Action economy is rather important, and these effects (kite, ground, etc) are powerful as hell.

View Profile WWW

Novice Member

Coins: 1

« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2017, 06:09:10 PM »

I forgot to mention, Ivan is the only person who will be able to equip it. And summons WILL be nerfed. If not, removed.

Thanks mr Squirtle, I'll be texting you soon. :D
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 06:23:27 PM by Manu » Logged
View Profile
leaf
Potions class is starting
Venus Clan

Death Eater+Grass Snake = Snake Eater? SNAAAAAAAKE

Veteran Member

« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2017, 04:06:47 PM »

I forgot to mention, Ivan is the only person who will be able to equip it.

You didn't forget to mention it. I'm trying to tell you that it's not balanceable. The ring item I posted there pigeonholes a character into spamming djinn. They will do it *extremely* well, at the detriment of everything else - perhaps even to the point of being overpowered. But if you *don't* make them laser-focused on one task, the character becomes blatantly overpowered in *every* respect, rather than just the one.  The fact that even with the *massive* drawbacks it might still be too strong should tell you something here.

Limiting an item with that much power to a single character just serves to make that character mandatory in all parties, which defeats the original purpose of making all characters viable. Even if you *do* somehow manage to balance it, that character will be completely incapable of deviating from their expected build path, which limits options. Either way, player agency is taking a hit.

And summons WILL be nerfed. If not, removed.
Why bother hacking GS at all if you're just going to remove summons? Sure, they could use a nerf, but djinn and summons are core gameplay mechanics that define GS as a series. If you remove them, there's nothing left to make GS stand out from any other generic RPG.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 04:28:35 PM by leaf » Logged

Spoiler for quotes:
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O
View Profile
Fox
Fox McCloud, the Hacking Doctor
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

Coins: 28

I am: certainly not a Gallant!
Clan Position: Head Gallant

« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2017, 06:56:31 PM »

It is basically "Easy mode"?

I wouldn't mind seeing breakable rings (or whatever) that upon use, give a one-time effect until repaired. That way, you only use them for bosses and such? But whether this is a good idea or not is up to who's making the system.
Ring ideas: (Applied on the following Round. , and then breaks 100% of the time.)
-Give two turns next round.
-Double a stat for one turn only...  per ring (Attack/Defense/Speed/Agility) (e.g. If ever say... Garet were to use the Attack Ring on himself, don't forget about Def Down spells on enemies.... and other buffs.)
Isaac Silly Garet, get Ivan to use it on you? Provided he survives this next attack. Then again, I guess that's where my Def Ring comes into play. But if I'm going to use the Def Ring, then maybe I should just use the Attack Ring on you instead. :P *Isaac uses Attack Ring on himself* Nevermind! This battle's all mine!

-Do what Summons does with HP % damage.... - Maybe 10% max HP damage.
-Fully heal and/or revive a character (Would be an idea, if there were no other ways to heal, ... )
-Ring of Wealth? (Only because RuneScape... :P) ... (Better drops/coins?/Double drop chance?/Receive double items...  I dunno... Could be too useful, or useless... Either way, who says we can't have a few easter eggs in my examples? By the way, Happy Easter! (Week early.)) ...

And make sure none of the rings are renewables so you can only use them max once a battle.... (And the breaking effect makes it so you can use it again after repairing, unlike consumable items where you can buy/get more... which would mean the ability to use more than one in a battle.)

(Not determining whether any of these are balanced or not atm.)

Whether certain rings are only usable by certain characters, or whether the effects are decided based on the character, who knows.... and that'd be going a few (unnecessary?) steps further than what silly idea I thought of...

And tell people to use these for "Easy mode" and not use these for Hard mode.. :P
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 08:17:08 PM by Fox » Logged

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Remember kids! Before you go on that interview, remember to wash your hands in teawater! *Coughs on hand* (Excuse me, I just coughed up a little teawater, so they're still clean!) You wouldn't want that hiring manager to be unimpressed.

May the force be with you!
Shoo! Why does it smell in here?
Maybe that's the wrong kind of force. *smirk*
View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.

« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2017, 08:53:05 PM »

I feel like the easiest way to attempt to balance an item granting extra turns would be to make it so the item also curses you and maybe makes you a little slower or weaker.

For reference:
- Curse blocks your ability to act 1/4 of the time.
- A second turn will only use half of your agility (plus RNG to randomize it slightly).

So I have three ring ideas that could theoretically work.

Ring Concept (A):
- Cursed; can be removed

- Turns +1
- 0.6x Agility
- 0.2x Luck

Ring Concept (B):
- Cursed; can be removed

- Turns +1
- 0.6x Max HP
- 0.6x Defence
- 0.6x Agility

Ring Concept (C):
- Cursed; can be removed

- Turns +1
- 0.6x Attack
- 0.6x Agility
- -75 Jupiter ePower

For each ring, while you will have more turns than you would without the ring on average, they become less reliable. The player will have to be careful when using them because certain strategies may fail, and sometimes it may fail Ivan entirely. Each ring also makes Ivan slower, so that it becomes harder to abuse the ring by acting before enemies do.

For Ring A, Ivan also becomes more susceptible to status ailments so he is easier to incapacitate, assuming enough enemies have status ailments to the point where this would be a real detriment. I would throw something else onto the ring but I can't think of anything in particular; maybe boosted encounter rate so wearing the ring is also more annoying?

For Ring B, Ivan also becomes physically weaker, which is helpful assuming that most enemies either remain physical fighters or at least retain a steady arsenal of physical attacks. He will be more susceptible to damage and be at greater risk of death.

For Ring C, Ivan also becomes less powerful. This will not only make it harder for him to abuse the unleash system by attacking constantly, but his dominant element will likely become his weakest one meaning that the player will want to experiment with djinn and the class system in order to keep him useful. This comes with the added benefit of discouraging djinn and summon abuse on him, or at the very least summon rushing.

I would personally vote for Ring C if based on vanilla GS, but the others could work as well depending on how you balance gameplay.

Edit: Something that might work for Ring A is to decrease critical/unleash rate, assuming you can enter negative numbers and have it work properly. That way it also becomes harder to abuse unleashes, although I still feel that Ring C would be the best of the three under normal circumstances.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 08:59:30 PM by Lord Squirtle » Logged

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW
Fox
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2017, 09:17:54 PM »

I get the feeling most of those turn the ring into Hard Mode... so basically the opposite extreme? (Esp. if the enemy does counter-strike.)

Or, put simply... Why not just a simple ~25% (?) chance to have a second turn? (But the second turn being weakened/etc.)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 09:23:08 PM by Fox » Logged

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Remember kids! Before you go on that interview, remember to wash your hands in teawater! *Coughs on hand* (Excuse me, I just coughed up a little teawater, so they're still clean!) You wouldn't want that hiring manager to be unimpressed.

View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2017, 03:17:09 AM »

I don't know, the extra turn bonus and the fact that curse isn't 50/50 or greater makes it feel like none of those would be hard mode.

The chance idea sounds okay enough, but I don't see how it's that different from the others aside from the second turn being even less reliable. Would you mind explaining it a bit more?

View Profile WWW
Fox
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2017, 04:26:13 AM »

I am not sure either... just I had this feeling... might have been because of how some things read out....
"The player will have to be careful when using them because certain strategies may fail"...
"maybe boosted encounter rate so wearing the ring is also more annoying?"

But a 20% extra damage at the cost of those? (Or maybe not 20% extra if Jupiter ePower kills it. .. Which in the case of Ivan, Jupiter would likely give him the best Attack rating originally? So what would it be in a different element with the proper djinn in comparison to best damage without the ring? ...  - And don't forget this is also replacing any other ring that could give a bonus.)  Hmmm.... I am not sure if it is worth it or not if you can't guarantee something you know you want to make sure happens... (You could lose both your turns, even.... if you're unlucky. - But mine makes sure you have at least one turn.) - The need to spend adequate (or more) time on experimenting and setting-up stuff to be able to make any decent use of an item (at all), contributes to a "Hard Mode" philosophy, in my opinion. (Not that it is actually Hard Mode, though.) ... - But again, as this is my thoughts on the surface, I would still need to do some real research/studying of that to know what my final/true opinion would be...

---

It's basically "The power of the ring has slowed down time enough to give you a chance to make a swift move." = Not enough time for a focused attacked, so therefore we can weaken it. Was possibly thinking 50% damage as an example, but I dunno. (So I estimate +1/8th average usefulness if assuming 25% chance? Considering possibly 10% chance, though.... After taking a look at current rings.)

In one way, I feel like if there was a reduction in Elemental powers... it should maybe be in the other three elements / With a possible increase for Jupiter. (Albeit, not much... +2? ... As a way of referencing "2 turns" in a silly way. But I'm not recommending this/depends.) Assuming that the ring is a Jupiter item. (Speed and extra turns I assume is Jupiter-like.)
In another way, drawing the power of Jupiter is more like using up ammunition. ... However, if such an item were usable by everyone, wouldn't this encourage giving it to the PC with the lowest Jupiter stat already? (Mercury PCs?)
It's possible the game itself may have a number of contradictions as well... so in actuality, you could do anything.

--
So are these the only Rings that don't break?
GS1: Cleric's Ring (Out of 7 rings)
GS2: Cleric's Ring, Guardian Ring (Out of 14 rings)

Only the Guardian Ring raises Defense (4), and none of them raise Attack.
All rings are equipable by everyone, and the "Break" rings seem to rely on a Use effect. The non-breakables have an equipped effect:
Cleric's Ring = Curse is removable
Guardian Ring = + Max HP 20

So is the Guardian Ring the best ring to wear?? ... Hm.

Just something to think about when making rings.

(Maybe the Double Turn ring is supposed to be an end-game item? No idea.)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 06:33:22 AM by Fox » Logged

View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2017, 04:22:54 PM »

Well, it depends on how one feels about rings; should they be reusable items and little more or should they provide equipment bonuses? Or both? Rings aren't the only items to be used as reusable ones (e.g. Fireman's Pole, China Dress, the masks), and armlets are basically rings but better. Is there a point in keeping them around aside from emergencies when they lack of stat bonus? I know I almost never use them in my playthroughs because they are almost utterly worthless, aside from the Spirit Ring because it can be used outside of battle and never break.

Plus, the reason I'm suggesting handicaps on the ring is because extra turns can be broken very easily, especially when the player is not forced to sacrifice something in exchange for them. Even Kite, the djinni that grants an extra turn, still has to have a turn sacrificed to use the effect, lowers a couple stats by a tiny bit, and has the potential to mess with the user's class setup. Plus it has a cooldown of at least two more turns before you can give yourself an extra turn again (having to reset the djinni and then use it, unless used in a summon). Having an extra turn for every round in every battle without having drawbacks could easily make the game far easier than it would otherwise be due to the "action economy" mentioned by leaf and Rolina earlier, even if you only have it some of the time. The other alternatives to making the ring have drawbacks would be to either make all enemies far stronger than they currently are or to make Ivan a fair bit weaker weaker than he and the other characters currently are (maybe with more rings being made available throughout the game so Ivan could have some variety), yet both of these alternatives would have significant effects on gameplay.

As for the stat/ePower thing, it depends? Manu said that the ring would be exclusive to Ivan, meaning that reducing the other ePowers would make it so Ivan's dominant element is still stronger; this would make him well suited for either spellcasting or summon abuse with minimal drawback, while that would idea would actually provide an incentive to experiment with the class system or at least use summons differently, and depending on how spells and other equipment is balanced it might not be that bad of a deal.

Well anyway. Regardless of what you decide to do Manu, I look forward to reading about it from you and maybe even playing it someday!

View Profile WWW
Fox
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2017, 07:41:18 PM »

Well yes... what breaks will only break in battle.

To me, I'm thinking it really just depends on how the other rings would be balanced... the others seemed fairly weak and worthless....

My saying 50%, might have been a tad bit too high, but I used a middling number for an example. I'm thinking: Any status effects applied would last for one turn (or 1/2 the turns) and giving half the boost? - Such properties as these is the type of thinking I was having for the Ring. So might be worse than 50% damage. - But do note, I have not thought much about the actual balancing. (Double turns can get pretty complex...?) Just I'm going to guess that most people trying to add a Double turn ring would likely want it to be more straight-forward than complex. - I get the feeling we both would make it complex when balance testing happens, though. :P

(And while it could effectively cut elevel indirectly... it would likely be invisible and applied to the second turn.)
Also the reasoning for my thinking it is an end-game ring == You already have four PCs. So the additional effects/damage should be somewhat less useful than otherwise.
In one sense, the /time/ it takes to use up the second turn and finish the battle also counts, nevermind round efficiency. (Which counts too.) (E.G. One spell that takes 2 hours to cast that give the boss a K.O. versus an actual five minute challenge that also gives a boss a K.O. - But this is a poor example, sorry.)

New theory: What if all rings gave you a second turn, but had a special unique power? - Might be daring, but it would balance out the double turn part, probably.... but then you got the special power to deal with. My guess is that it might slow down battles and continue to make them complex and more difficult to balance.

Better yet... If Ivan is going to get two turns, why do it though a ring? How about he learns how to have two moves (esp. if weaker than everyone else)... so it doesn't have to be part of specific set-ups?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 08:30:03 PM by Fox » Logged

View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Template maker turned lurker

Alchemist

I am: wondering if we can get our clan position changed...
Clan Position: Grand Overlady of Jupiter

« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2017, 10:29:36 AM »

About the ring idea - it also breaks healers.  Even if you boost their PP costs, being able to double-cast low tier spells in a PP-regen build mitigates most of the healing balances.  I mean, sure you could cast Pure Wish... or you could just have Angel Mia double cast Wish, recover most of that, and only use higher levels of wish when necessary.  Give her the PP restoration djinn and it could further break the build...

If y'all want to see the effects of action economy more, try playing some D&D 5e.  Whether you face more or less foes makes a huge difference, even if it's a ton of weak foes.  You'll need to be super careful with implementing them.

View Profile WWW
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2017, 03:15:41 PM »

To be fair to Manu, I think the ring idea would only work on Ivan so he would only be able to get the Wish line when he has four or more Mercury djinn in certain classes (assuming classes stay the same, which they might not). Still a good point but not quite as hard to balance as if Mia could use it. 

View Profile WWW
Fox
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2017, 07:51:34 PM »

That, and if it lowers elemental power for Venus/Mars/Mercury, in one of my ideas. (Visible or invisible... Jupiter was undecided, but it too could be affected by the general decrease of everything. :P).... Mercury/Wish would do even less healing? - By the time we're done, the second turn is basically a time-waster to get a tiny hit bonus. (Hopefully the goal, right?)

---
Edit: @action economy: Yep....... Double turns with no other modification... could mean +25% to like +100% useful depending on set-up....
@+25% = Even if stat deductions are included, if an enemy can be killed in 1 hit still.. then that is what I refer to... (Provided you actually need the extra turn, since your other PCs could probably have them all killed before getting to the second round of turns.)
@+100% = Assumes a point in time where your other PCs are too weak / have been Stunned/fallen asleep/etc.
and other rings are generally LESS than 10% useful. HUGE difference... Perhaps if we already had 20+ turns / round, then double turns with no other modification could make more sense? (But even then, it may still need balancing? - But if the percent difference/tolerance is close to (or under) like 1%, then it is likely micro-optimizations.)

If we are thinking about the unmodified Double Turn ring that just doubles a turn for one PC = What if the ring also doubled the turns of every enemy on the enemy side? :P Ouch!?
Reminds me of Ghostbusters, somewhat... "I wish to be the best on my team" = You stay the same, everyone else dumbs down.... Etc.
Because what this Ring would then mean is that the other three PCs would lose a turn every other round. (Hard mode on purpose. - Unless you gave the ring other bonuses like x2 to stats as a random example.)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 12:10:26 AM by Fox » Logged

View Profile
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
Yesterday at 08:44:56 PM
Fox: I must say... life can be complicated..... when you have question(s) (via email) ... and it seems like they sort of get ignored. :D ; Fun, (And sometimes, a person may respond, and completely not answer the question.... so like... 3-person conversation.) Hahahaha!!
January 15, 2018, 07:26:16 PM
Fox: (path) 1 text=(address) char=(address) free=(address) ; << Well, closer to this... but yeah... even if I do choose to have defaults in the code, I could still use this method for overrides.
January 15, 2018, 07:24:28 PM
Fox: So like (path) 0 text=(address) char=(address) len=(number) ; (path) 1 free=(address) ; Or something. But that's just a quick example.
January 15, 2018, 06:59:14 PM
Fox: Hopefully. I was wanting to make it so you could put in the addresses/etc. as one of the arguments in the path. Hm?
January 15, 2018, 03:37:07 PM
KyleRunner: Nice! I hope you'll add compatibility with others games (GS1, Mario Golf and Tennis) soon.
January 14, 2018, 11:40:09 PM
Fox: Okay. Posted (in Downloads section) an initial cutdown version for now, for my text compressor. Basically to separate the code from my Editor for anyone who wants to mess with it. It only supports GS2, because I still didn't add the addresses/etc. for the other games.
January 14, 2018, 05:01:00 PM
Fox: Okay! Going to need to think how I want it to work. Initial thoughts is maybe have a number of arguments in the filepath thing. And have a number of shortcuts (files) to be used as examples. Assuming there are no problems.
January 14, 2018, 10:38:24 AM
KyleRunner: Well... I'm used to editing text ina a text editor, so... yes! Thanks in advance!
January 13, 2018, 11:38:43 PM
Fox: (Text editor = Text Document like notepad.)
January 13, 2018, 11:38:21 PM
Fox: Would you prefer during the text editing in a text editor? (Like what gstoolkit lets you do?) I could probably make a separate tool or something to compress it.
January 13, 2018, 10:10:02 PM
KyleRunner: Ok. Once I finish my Lost Age translation, I'll try a Mario Golf one. Thanks. (But I'll need help).
January 13, 2018, 10:03:17 PM
Fox: If you want to make it "permanent" (part of a hack), then you'd edit code in the ROM that writes to this location of the IDs you'd want to change. (You can find these locations by using a breakpoint debugger like SDL-H or no$gba.)
January 13, 2018, 10:00:11 PM
Fox: Reload/switch = Recommended to be done through Debug mode/warp menu, ofcourse... since doors seem to appear as if they were disabled? ; 03001238:01 and B+Start to get to warp menu.
January 13, 2018, 09:55:39 PM
Fox: @Kyle Runner = It might be, but you'd have to use the correct addresses for Mario Golf, rather than for GS2 as I have it right now. ; @raijinken = Yes. 02000454 = ID of leader. (Change this and reload/switch room you are in, enjoy.)
January 13, 2018, 02:23:29 PM
raijinken: Hey guys, is it possible to somehow change the lead character on the map? Was wondering. I remember there was a cheat to use Jenna, but what if I wanted Isaac, or Piers?
January 13, 2018, 02:10:03 PM
KyleRunner: Hey, Fox *
January 13, 2018, 02:09:37 PM
KyleRunner: Hey, is your text editor compatible with Mario Golf (GBA)?
January 11, 2018, 08:33:13 PM
Fox: But if it isn't an oversight, I still can't imagine it being that useful.
January 11, 2018, 08:28:24 PM
Fox: part, ofcourse.
January 11, 2018, 08:28:15 PM
Fox: 0200274C = Hmm... Stuff happens here when you use Cyclone around bushes. (These cause tile replacements, and setting event 0 to those tiles.) - And I guess this kept here so it can be scanned after battle. (To re-update the map.) So here is my fun thought (assuming if it is even possible, or even convenient if so.) ... Are there any events from other maps that could be disabled do to using Cyclone on bushes + Retreat glitch? I'll need to do some testing to make sure this isn't an oversight on my

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise