Golden Sun Hacking Community
September 21, 2017, 05:42:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Error message  (Read 749 times)
Drake baku
Aura Charge

Novice Member

Coins: 0

« on: April 15, 2017, 05:59:34 AM »

Hello all, long time no see

a few weeks ago I started up on my old project, starting from scratch after having learned from past mistakes that corrupted the file beyond fixing (which was one of the reasons I stopped, having to take a break, not feeling like redoing it al again, but my own life also got in the way as time passed)

anyway, I have been working on my wife's old laptop at first, windows 10, outdated laptop in general
it worked perfectly, finally got all the classes to work as they should
but we both got a new laptop as mine old one pretty much died (it works but each time i shut down a program it loses files, data and such (broken harddrive)) and her old one was on its last straws (the editor being one of the few things it could still handle)

But here comes the problem
On my new laptop, also windows 10
Yesterday during editing I kept having an error message each time I wanted to change one of the images for items and psynergy's
but with the press of ignore it continued working, it just had issues with loading random images (being select-able and functional but just showing the image)
knowing the images by heart I could work with this, no problem

BUT, today it took a turn for the worst, No matter what I do, what compatibility mode I try and so on
I keep getting the same error, and this one does not allow the editor to work by pressing ignore....
all I can do is press abort

the error is

ERROR in
action number 1
of Trigger Event: Trigger0
for object obj_stresstest:

Error defining an external function.

does anyone here know what to do and what is causing this in the first place?
I doubt its a compatibility issue seeing my wife's old laptop, where it worked fine, and my current laptop are both windows 10
but at any rate, I am already getting sick of my new laptop like this and feel like I am forced to abort the project again all over (and seeing the list of projects I started but never got to finish due to being to large (mostly is with written projects) or technical issues like this, I really want to finish this one as its just getting longer and I am more and more getting annoyed at my bad luck with computers)
View Profile
Atrius
Programmer Extraordinaire
Web Host

Fear my blades

Veteran Member

Coins: 1

Emblems: Website Founder
Clan Position: Creation God of Sol

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 03:21:47 PM »

You might need the files I've attached to this post, put them in the same directory as the executable.  It's supposed to automatically extract them as needed, but if it's in a place where it can't create them that error could happen.

* GSdatahandler.dll (34.5 KB - downloaded 26 times.)
* language.ini (12.26 KB - downloaded 26 times.)
* scripting.ini (5.46 KB - downloaded 24 times.)

I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything
View Profile WWW
Fox
Fox McCloud, the Hacking Doctor
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

Coins: 28

I am: certainly not a Gallant!
Clan Position: Head Gallant

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 08:09:29 PM »

ERROR in
action number 1
of Trigger Event: Trigger0
for object obj_stresstest:

Error defining an external function.
If what Atrius doesn't work... then you could also try restarting / dunno... I get this type of error sometimes too ... seems rather random to me....

It is possible Atrius could be on to something, and maybe permissions are set up so that if accessed, other apps can't access it. ... Or rather, some glitch like that.... (No idea, though... Just a random hunch. I should look more into it if it ever comes up again.)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 08:14:11 PM by Fox » Logged

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...
*Cross my fingers and hope we have Big Brother All-Stars next year... with Paulie & Cody Califorie(sp?)... and Vanessa & Tiffany Rousso.... Would be fun? :P Especially if one of the boys got evicted early since there's usually some all-guy alliance in there, right?
View Profile
Drake baku
Aura Charge

Novice Member

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 08:29:23 AM »

I see
Well for reasons beyond my understanding it starts up agaij just fine (well i changed its conpatibility again and thus i guess i got it right now)

Still have the errors for trying to look at item and psynergy images, but i can ignore those
View Profile
Claros Flamestrike
Of the Vibrant Life
Mars Clan

Living vibrantly since 1989.™

I am: cringing so hard, I think my face is stuck like this forever. Thanks, 2011 version of me! >_< lmao

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2017, 03:07:12 AM »

Might be a necropost, but I'm having this issue upon every time I open it. I have never used it on this computer, (got it only recently), and it keeps throwing that error no matter what I do. Could it possibly be an issue with Windows 10? I'll futz around with permissions of usergroups, but I'm pretty sure the Editor and that entire folder has the rights all setup correctly. I'll repost here if I fix it with that. =O

EDIT 1: Just want to confirm that it does it on the Teawater version, too. Which makes sense, since I think it was made with the original Editor as a base.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 03:21:31 AM by Claros Flamestrike » Logged
View Profile WWW
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
Yesterday at 12:08:05 AM
Atrius: Thanks for letting me know, it should be fixed now.
September 19, 2017, 11:47:02 PM
Fox: Okay cool.  Speaking about broken things = There was some error I've known about for awhile now:  When you try to upload something to the Downloads section. The user may think the upload failed, but it actually succeeds. - I wonder if that was one of the few things? And whether that could be fixed if it hasn't yet.
September 19, 2017, 11:42:01 PM
Atrius: Oops, that wasn't even supposed to go up.  So, our hosting company moved the site over to a different server, and I was just updating some settings to fix things that broke in the move.
September 19, 2017, 11:39:18 PM
Fox: @Atrius: Probably going to need to update the Maintenance Description... I was confused at first, but it says 20 Mar 2017.
September 19, 2017, 07:29:35 AM
dawnbomb: can someone link me the discord
September 19, 2017, 04:52:32 AM
Majora: That's hilarious, lmao. I thought it read like something you might have written, Fox, was almost unsure if it was a bot at first
September 18, 2017, 03:01:57 PM
Fox: Yeah, he copied this post: http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=1425.0
September 18, 2017, 02:57:48 PM
Fox: (Although, not sure about the last part, it just feels strangely familiar for some reason.)
September 18, 2017, 02:56:43 PM
Fox: BOT ALERT! Kill it, kill it! I think it copied one of my posts? :P
September 17, 2017, 12:58:02 AM
Fox: Not saing we actually need those ofcourse (we don't?), but more saying that minorities could get too attached to them.
September 17, 2017, 12:54:47 AM
Fox: I think it's interesting how Facebook likes to start things, and then retire them. For example, Advanced Search, and E-mail. - They seemed like pretty fine features in my opinion, but retiring them because most people aren't using them at that time? I'm not sure if they know what they're doing, but it sound like they don't. :P
September 14, 2017, 12:59:16 PM
Fox: (At leat when I think about establishments...)  ; Oops, pardon my rudeness... .I forgot to welcome you back.... Well... WElcome back! We are glad you've returned.
September 14, 2017, 12:52:57 PM
Fox: (Just want to clarify that "founded" may be an actual word, but sounds weird the way it was used.)
September 14, 2017, 12:47:42 PM
Fox: Cringy? Let me check... Hm... Low number of posts [check] (5 posts) ; misspellings/grammar [check] ("Toturial" (Torture-ial?) , ; founded, ehh.... double past-tense?) ; The best part is at least the posts have a positive attitude! (That may be the most important part?) :)
September 14, 2017, 05:59:01 AM
KeinoGSTLA: back then my posts were so cringy lmao
September 14, 2017, 05:58:39 AM
KeinoGSTLA: damn feels good to find this place again
September 10, 2017, 04:27:04 PM
Fox: I don't suppose there is anything else? ;; Hmmm... What if a Big Brother game was similar to ... er.... Exit/Corners .... which seems to have a Trust system. 
September 06, 2017, 11:02:17 AM
Plexa: Honestly we haven't looked into that ... I completely forgot about it until now!
September 06, 2017, 05:44:33 AM
Fox: (Referring to the box/crate that would allow you to get stuck.)
September 06, 2017, 05:43:42 AM
Fox: Is SW Atteka Islet the only one that forgets to update the heightmap when save/resetting? ... The Move pillar seems to update it fine... Hm.

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise