Golden Sun Hacking Community
November 18, 2017, 03:46:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Error message  (Read 945 times)
Drake baku
Aura Charge

Novice Member

Coins: 0

« on: April 15, 2017, 05:59:34 AM »

Hello all, long time no see

a few weeks ago I started up on my old project, starting from scratch after having learned from past mistakes that corrupted the file beyond fixing (which was one of the reasons I stopped, having to take a break, not feeling like redoing it al again, but my own life also got in the way as time passed)

anyway, I have been working on my wife's old laptop at first, windows 10, outdated laptop in general
it worked perfectly, finally got all the classes to work as they should
but we both got a new laptop as mine old one pretty much died (it works but each time i shut down a program it loses files, data and such (broken harddrive)) and her old one was on its last straws (the editor being one of the few things it could still handle)

But here comes the problem
On my new laptop, also windows 10
Yesterday during editing I kept having an error message each time I wanted to change one of the images for items and psynergy's
but with the press of ignore it continued working, it just had issues with loading random images (being select-able and functional but just showing the image)
knowing the images by heart I could work with this, no problem

BUT, today it took a turn for the worst, No matter what I do, what compatibility mode I try and so on
I keep getting the same error, and this one does not allow the editor to work by pressing ignore....
all I can do is press abort

the error is

ERROR in
action number 1
of Trigger Event: Trigger0
for object obj_stresstest:

Error defining an external function.

does anyone here know what to do and what is causing this in the first place?
I doubt its a compatibility issue seeing my wife's old laptop, where it worked fine, and my current laptop are both windows 10
but at any rate, I am already getting sick of my new laptop like this and feel like I am forced to abort the project again all over (and seeing the list of projects I started but never got to finish due to being to large (mostly is with written projects) or technical issues like this, I really want to finish this one as its just getting longer and I am more and more getting annoyed at my bad luck with computers)
View Profile
Atrius
Programmer Extraordinaire
Web Host

Fear my blades

Veteran Member

Coins: 1

Emblems: Website Founder
Clan Position: Creation God of Sol

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 03:21:47 PM »

You might need the files I've attached to this post, put them in the same directory as the executable.  It's supposed to automatically extract them as needed, but if it's in a place where it can't create them that error could happen.

* GSdatahandler.dll (34.5 KB - downloaded 38 times.)
* language.ini (12.26 KB - downloaded 35 times.)
* scripting.ini (5.46 KB - downloaded 33 times.)

I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything
View Profile WWW
Fox
Fox McCloud, the Hacking Doctor
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

Coins: 28

I am: certainly not a Gallant!
Clan Position: Head Gallant

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 08:09:29 PM »

ERROR in
action number 1
of Trigger Event: Trigger0
for object obj_stresstest:

Error defining an external function.
If what Atrius doesn't work... then you could also try restarting / dunno... I get this type of error sometimes too ... seems rather random to me....

It is possible Atrius could be on to something, and maybe permissions are set up so that if accessed, other apps can't access it. ... Or rather, some glitch like that.... (No idea, though... Just a random hunch. I should look more into it if it ever comes up again.)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 08:14:11 PM by Fox » Logged

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...
*Cross my fingers and hope we have Big Brother All-Stars next year... with Paulie & Cody Califorie(sp?)... and Vanessa & Tiffany Rousso.... Would be fun? :P Especially if one of the boys got evicted early since there's usually some all-guy alliance in there, right?
View Profile
Drake baku
Aura Charge

Novice Member

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 08:29:23 AM »

I see
Well for reasons beyond my understanding it starts up agaij just fine (well i changed its conpatibility again and thus i guess i got it right now)

Still have the errors for trying to look at item and psynergy images, but i can ignore those
View Profile
Claros Flamestrike
Of the Vibrant Life
Mars Clan

Living vibrantly since 1989.™

I am: cringing so hard, I think my face is stuck like this forever. Thanks, 2011 version of me! >_< lmao

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2017, 03:07:12 AM »

Might be a necropost, but I'm having this issue upon every time I open it. I have never used it on this computer, (got it only recently), and it keeps throwing that error no matter what I do. Could it possibly be an issue with Windows 10? I'll futz around with permissions of usergroups, but I'm pretty sure the Editor and that entire folder has the rights all setup correctly. I'll repost here if I fix it with that. =O

EDIT 1: Just want to confirm that it does it on the Teawater version, too. Which makes sense, since I think it was made with the original Editor as a base.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 03:21:31 AM by Claros Flamestrike » Logged
View Profile WWW
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
November 16, 2017, 09:44:44 AM
Fox: Very quiet month.
November 11, 2017, 04:16:27 AM
tino_animate: Hello everyone. Ive just recently replayed Golden sun and TLA. I got really inspired and I'm interested in creating a prequel of Golden Sun. Unfurtunatly i know bery little on how to do it bit im willing to learn how. I need a few people to help me. I'm sure we can create a very well story based on what we know of the games. Anyone interested?
October 16, 2017, 09:57:26 AM
AZVRE: Im pretty okay, what about you?
October 16, 2017, 01:17:14 AM
Fox: I think the nine is doing a cirno on me, though... Anyway, how is everyone doing today?
October 16, 2017, 01:12:20 AM
Fox: onesixtwo*
October 16, 2017, 01:12:00 AM
Fox: Okay... Meanwhile... ah... 162 being a number that has made itself known to me.... I look at the relationships of the numbers.... 162  1+6+2 = 9 ; onesizetwo = alphabetical order = 9 characters ; Distance apart analysis: os = 4 = 1[6][2] , st = 1 = [1]6[2] , ot = 5 = [1][6]2 ; ost = original sound track?
October 15, 2017, 06:31:17 PM
AZVRE: ah okay :D i thought i caused some trouble
October 14, 2017, 07:49:16 AM
Fox: Oh i know... You were messing with yours, and the description says mine. It's kind of a funny bug. :P
October 13, 2017, 08:18:31 PM
AZVRE: I did not edit your profile tho. Just to erase that confusion ^^"
October 12, 2017, 04:49:56 AM
Fox: e.g. this art = http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/Themes/Jupiter/images/catbg.gif (etc.)
October 12, 2017, 04:48:58 AM
Fox: I have a question: Where did the art for the headers come from? (Like the backgrounds to each of these things... "Affiliates", etc... Asking just incase it inspires me to do something... but if Charon made it, then that's cool too.
October 11, 2017, 04:23:02 AM
FoxWas thinking about having something for the editor anniversary, but I believe I had to change my mind....
October 10, 2017, 12:58:36 PM
Fox: That's alright. ;       @AZVRE's profile: "Current Activity:  Editing the profile of Fox." ...Eh... That looks weird.
October 07, 2017, 11:45:16 PM
Atrius: Sorry about that, the auto bot detection is still working, but it also requires an admin to visit the site regularly.
October 04, 2017, 04:17:40 AM
Fox: Yeah, it does bring a small amount of activity. Not good quality activity, but it's still activity, nonetheless.  Now if we can get them to randomly post pictures and vdeios!
October 04, 2017, 02:10:48 AM
Majora: If nothing else, I like how they're copying the content of real posts at random. Interesting to see how they adapt to seem more authentic
October 03, 2017, 08:29:38 PM
Fox: medico6601 = Most likely another bot. :(
September 26, 2017, 03:32:24 PM
Fox: by ten* Excuse me.
September 26, 2017, 03:32:12 PM
Fox: Oh yes... Also multiply all levels by two. (So actually, an adept will have levels of 54, 3, 2, and 1, rather than 5, 0, 0, 0.... if going by those.)
September 26, 2017, 03:29:07 PM
Fox: ...I mean the theory also saves space on the Status Screen.

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise