Golden Sun Hacking Community
October 21, 2017, 09:22:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Golden Sun Magic (Beta) - Forge, Elemental Data, Encounters  (Read 2084 times)
Fox
Fox McCloud, the Hacking Doctor
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

Coins: 28

I am: certainly not a Gallant!
Clan Position: Head Gallant

« on: May 04, 2017, 11:54:03 PM »

Three notable tables have been included that were not editable in Atrius's editor.
(There are other tables, but they have been left out for now.)

To see those three editors, click on Editors in the tool bar. I chose to load it on the second one... The other two have comboboxes... they slow the loading process a little bit. (If they were "virtual"... like what I did with the Text Editor, it probably wouldn't have been a problem, but oh well... maybe some day.)

Also, if you take a look at the code, I have a table manager == Once the data is viewable, it is also editable. :P (Depending on if the table manager supports whatever is being coded in.)

Oh yeah, almost forgot... This only works for GS2. ... (U) version if not any of the others.

@??? in Forge Editor = Not sure if we knew what it was. But if we did, I forgot.... So yeah.
EDIT: It just dawned on me that it might determine what the dialogue displayed is! If that's the case, then it would be forgotten knowledge that has resurfaced.

* gsmagic Forge, Elemental Data, Encounters.7z (105.84 KB - downloaded 40 times.)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 04:16:05 AM by Fox » Logged

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...
*Cross my fingers and hope we have Big Brother All-Stars next year... with Paulie & Cody Califorie(sp?)... and Vanessa & Tiffany Rousso.... Would be fun? :P Especially if one of the boys got evicted early since there's usually some all-guy alliance in there, right?
View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

Coins: 32

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.
Emblems: Have a nice day.

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 05:27:45 PM »

Nice work! I'm going to check it out later, just working on a new overhaul right now.

I also have a small request though. For certain things like ability formulas, would you mind allowing users to input custom values in some fields? That way people can make use of patches or other hacks that add new formulas or other such things.

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW
Fox
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 06:39:12 PM »

Okay thanks! I really can't figure out a quick fix for the combobox slowness... :( At least not without a bit of work.... (e.g. Create my own custom control(s)...) ....so not sure what I will do with that, yet.

@Request: Sounds like an idea... But how would that work, though? I mean, I could create a set of numerics, but they wouldn't be that useful if you need checkboxes or something like that, and worse if it is hard to label them what they are based on the patch added/etc. (e.g. Sounds like something where a patch and a program are given in a single download.)

A program and/or asm text file should probably be used anyway, if one can manage a space manager system. (With defaults that the user can change.) -
Possibly easier both for the creator and the user than putting random stuff in the editor?

EDIT:
Imagine a scenario:
1 asm file that references/includes a binary file (representing a table of data) (This asm file tells where to put the included binary file, and what patches to add.)
1 Binary file (table)
1 program to edit that table... and anything else you might want to edit/display/etc.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 07:01:03 PM by Fox » Logged

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
*Cross my fingers and hope we have Big Brother All-Stars next year... with Paulie & Cody Califorie(sp?)... and Vanessa & Tiffany Rousso.... Would be fun? :P Especially if one of the boys got evicted early since there's usually some all-guy alliance in there, right?
View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 07:02:17 PM »

My vote for some of them, like formulas, would be to add extra options in shorter listboxes that read something like "*Patch Only*" without having to bother with text files or other settings systems that need to be modified by users. Longer listboxes should probably have some supplementary file, and checkboxes... not sure for those.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW
Fox
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2017, 07:23:31 PM »

Oh yeah... Forgot to comment on the formula part... There are 16 available slots, right? So it'd be as easy as making sure the combo box gives you all 16. (Including the originally unused ones.) Other than that, though... there is a reason why my program is open-sourced = You can code in anything or take whatever you want as you please... as long as it remains open-sourced/freely available. (My thoughts are that if I didn't do that, my program wouldn't really be that useful.)

(Not much for including licenses... as I partly think they're over-rated, but yeah.)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 07:26:06 PM by Fox » Logged

View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2017, 07:36:03 PM »

Lol, that's true!

What's next for this editor version?

View Profile WWW
Fox
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2017, 01:11:07 AM »

Well, I am not sure yet... What would you like to be next?

Current things I would like to do: (Maybe not for next version... but undecided. ... And sorry if any of those end up being spoilers... Just because I am interested in doing them doesn't mean they'll actually get done.)
-Add Search/Find functionality for main list boxes through Table Manager.
-MAYBE have some sort of hex editor thing? ( Could go next to address labels.) - Sort of for educational purposes, and ROM searching/etc.... - I see it as showing just the entry data... unless you expand to the larger editor (if one is made.) -- Or, it could just be a hex editor with color coding based on where you are at/what you clicked on... where clicking the label brings you to this position in the hex editor.
-Fix the combo box slowness. (Any ideas how? I'm curious about making my own "Controls" somehow.)
-Class Editor with Class Type Chart editor. - Class Type to display those classes that use it first + when one is selected, do some sort of highlighting (Or whatever) in the class type chart for those that are connected.
-Various other things.

However, I might wait later for working on those... and well... there really is no expected date for the next version, either... (As of yet.) ... And may resume on *some* Dark Dawn research for now?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 02:48:31 AM by Fox » Logged

View Profile

I need saves to test encounters in GS Reloaded!

Great Member

Coins: 13

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2017, 09:05:55 AM »

Wow, i didn't know there was one byte for the elemental attack in the table, thanks a lot for this little gem Fox!
View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2017, 12:44:29 AM »

The top of my list would be a map, tile, and room palette editor, but I also understand how much work would be required for that so I think another good feature would be an expanded "enemy properties" section of an enemy editor that does more than just assign sprites and palette swaps to enemies.

08130D0C = Individual Enemy Table (8 bytes/entry)
 025F Sprite value
 A2   Sound effect on defeat + palette swap
 00   Attack type - from x00 to x15, PCs have to be in the NPC class to use these attack types (attacks include Star Magician's magic attacks, punches, jabs, uppercuts, claw attacks, and other standard slashes and swings); attacks are coded in red, PC attacks are coded elsewhere (unless NPC class); add x20 for certain attack types to add hopping, multiply the x20 to increase jump height (x80 is standard attack jump height)
 00   Cast/impact height

That stuff! At least the things that the original editor can't change if you feel like it.

Also, a huge bonus if you can include the icon compressor in some capacity; that way we can have it all in one tool!  Happy

« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 01:05:56 AM by Lord Squirtle » Logged

View Profile WWW

Coins: 0

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2017, 01:23:57 PM »

Thanks a bunch Fox this new editor got me back into looking at my mods and the ones I had planned. Is there any chance of this working with GS1 in the future?
View Profile
Fox
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2017, 07:23:10 PM »

You are welcome.
And yes, there is chance.  It is mostly just a simple address change. (And number of entries change.) ... But some tables may have slight differences(?).... GS1 doesn't even have a Forge, if I recall correctly.
In any case, GS1 compatibility is needed for various things in order to fully replace Atrius's Editor, so I can't see why I would not eventually do it. (Except for laziness, maybe.)
That, and I also plan for Dark Dawn compatibility as well. At some point. (That would include the maps too, if I'm lucky.)

I think it is pretty clear that I'm not rushing.... and that I may be taking my merrily time. Heheh.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 07:25:12 PM by Fox » Logged

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2017, 07:09:02 PM »

Looking forward to when that happens especially Dark Dawn as I wanted to make a difficulty mod for it for a long time now.
View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2017, 06:25:15 AM »

As a small note, I believe that this topic should be pinned in the future!

Now to you: How goes progress on this new editor?

View Profile WWW
Fox
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2017, 07:18:45 AM »

Well... Progress? I did get the Editor to talk! Who likes a silent editor? They're as bad as Isaac/Felix/Matthew!

One problem though, I couldn't figure out how to properly get it to say bye. (In the same place.)

And ideas for good lines?

* editorsayshello.png (260.83 KB, 1729x1040 - viewed 38 times.)

View Profile

New User

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2017, 07:57:10 AM »

How goes progress now? i would also love a dawn dawn editor... i really want to make a very game changing hard mode hack.
View Profile
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
October 16, 2017, 09:57:26 AM
AZVRE: Im pretty okay, what about you?
October 16, 2017, 01:17:14 AM
Fox: I think the nine is doing a cirno on me, though... Anyway, how is everyone doing today?
October 16, 2017, 01:12:20 AM
Fox: onesixtwo*
October 16, 2017, 01:12:00 AM
Fox: Okay... Meanwhile... ah... 162 being a number that has made itself known to me.... I look at the relationships of the numbers.... 162  1+6+2 = 9 ; onesizetwo = alphabetical order = 9 characters ; Distance apart analysis: os = 4 = 1[6][2] , st = 1 = [1]6[2] , ot = 5 = [1][6]2 ; ost = original sound track?
October 15, 2017, 06:31:17 PM
AZVRE: ah okay :D i thought i caused some trouble
October 14, 2017, 07:49:16 AM
Fox: Oh i know... You were messing with yours, and the description says mine. It's kind of a funny bug. :P
October 13, 2017, 08:18:31 PM
AZVRE: I did not edit your profile tho. Just to erase that confusion ^^"
October 12, 2017, 04:49:56 AM
Fox: e.g. this art = http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/Themes/Jupiter/images/catbg.gif (etc.)
October 12, 2017, 04:48:58 AM
Fox: I have a question: Where did the art for the headers come from? (Like the backgrounds to each of these things... "Affiliates", etc... Asking just incase it inspires me to do something... but if Charon made it, then that's cool too.
October 11, 2017, 04:23:02 AM
FoxWas thinking about having something for the editor anniversary, but I believe I had to change my mind....
October 10, 2017, 12:58:36 PM
Fox: That's alright. ;       @AZVRE's profile: "Current Activity:  Editing the profile of Fox." ...Eh... That looks weird.
October 07, 2017, 11:45:16 PM
Atrius: Sorry about that, the auto bot detection is still working, but it also requires an admin to visit the site regularly.
October 04, 2017, 04:17:40 AM
Fox: Yeah, it does bring a small amount of activity. Not good quality activity, but it's still activity, nonetheless.  Now if we can get them to randomly post pictures and vdeios!
October 04, 2017, 02:10:48 AM
Majora: If nothing else, I like how they're copying the content of real posts at random. Interesting to see how they adapt to seem more authentic
October 03, 2017, 08:29:38 PM
Fox: medico6601 = Most likely another bot. :(
September 26, 2017, 03:32:24 PM
Fox: by ten* Excuse me.
September 26, 2017, 03:32:12 PM
Fox: Oh yes... Also multiply all levels by two. (So actually, an adept will have levels of 54, 3, 2, and 1, rather than 5, 0, 0, 0.... if going by those.)
September 26, 2017, 03:29:07 PM
Fox: ...I mean the theory also saves space on the Status Screen.
September 26, 2017, 03:26:11 PM
Fox: Random/fun concept theory: What if we got rid of ePow/eRest, and just made eLevel do everything. :P (A process of cleaning stuff up... Though, could make things less versatile. - Like, if a Djinni add 1 eLevel = Okay, that's understood... by why specifically +5 on the ePow/eRes (Rhetorical))
September 23, 2017, 04:42:08 AM
Fox: Oh nevermind, it does... but I swear I saw that a minute ago.

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise