News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Golden Sun Magic (Beta) - Forge, Elemental Data, Encounters

Started by Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas, 04, May, 2017, 07:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Majora

This is an awesome idea, I'd love to see a Dark Dawn editor.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Yeah, I know... I haven't started yet, though.... Also, I get distracted.

@Majora:  What would you price it at? If you don't mind my asking. (It's okay if it is $0, this is intended to be one of those 'fun' questions. = Fun in a similar way as to how each HouseGuest on BB (Day 1 or before?) was asked the same question each season. "Would you rather win and be hated, or lose and be loved?" ... And the correct answer (there isn't one?) would be the first, but the guy was alright with answers like win and be loved.)

--

At the start... I just want to say that when getting needed files, these are the first addresses to look at.

The first box is for ARM9 boot file.
Under that, is ARM7... but I didn't box it because we probably don't need it?
The second box is the location and size of the Allocation table. (Where all the files are in the ROM. Excludes boot file(s), I think.)
The third box is location and size of another table... which basically says which file gets loaded where in RAM. (The code should pick the entries used.)
The third box's table will have indexes (File IDs) to entries in the second box's table...
And yes, this is pretty much how NDS games do it in general....

Can't get Attachments to work, so here's an in-post image: (EDIT: I messed up one of the boxes. Oops... but yeah, everything is 32-bit (4 bytes).
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Majora

Hmm, that is a good question. There are two ways of looking at it that I can think of. On one hand, the development of a tool designed to work with ROM or ISO copies of a complex game with valuable features like reading and writing data, viewing game assets, value editing, etc. requires a healthy amount of research time and a specialized skill set that may even be foreign to many software engineers. Out of any big development task I can think of, this is one that would definitely warrant a good paycheck and the work of a team. Nothing crazy like a SCRUM project or anything lol, but it's a big enough project that it could easily overwhelm any one person. On the other, a bit of a precedent has been set in that Atrius' editor is a labor-of-love freeware release, and this editor is the inarguable trendsetter for similar tools (just recently I randomly came across a Pokemon site discussion talking about how much they wish they had an editor like Atrius' editor for Pokemon games -- it's a wonderful tool!). Perhaps a shareware, trialware, or commercial release would leave a bitter taste in the mouth for users accustomed to the free tool, especially for Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, which doesn't receive quite the same amount of praise as its predecessors (a bit unfairly all in all; I think of it in the same way as StarFox Adventures -- a great game, but fans more set in their ways than others often receive change poorly, which can stifle creativity and impede the success of a series in the long run).

If I had to think about it, if the tool delivers the same features in a way as easily understood and used as Atrius' tool, users would be willing to pay for it at the end of the day. One comparable example I have is the paid Minecraft modeling software Cubik Studio by oBeeware. I've recently changed over to it from several years of Java modeling in Techne, a similar software. It has the same features as the latter, but offers improved compatibility with other model formats like OBJ, JSON, etc. and importantly, it improves on its modeling features, offering greater user control and a great UI. That product sells as a one-time payment for a user license with lifetime updates for roughly $20-25 USD.

Perhaps crowdfunding through Patreon is an option? Do you know which language you want the tool coded in?

In a perfect world, I would plan the project in phases, starting with the completion of research and documentation of Dark Dawn during a period of time spent crowdfunding online (on sites such as the Golden Sun Subreddit, fansites, Nintendo fan sites, etc.) and beginning development of the tool soon after, using any funds to commission a UI designer to model the tool and software engineer to design the backend and implement the features prioritized by how easy they are to add.

Okay cool.
When I first started gsmagic.... I had every intention to keep my gsmagic editor freeware and open-sourced. - I want to appeal to those who do not have jobs as well.
But.... I do like the idea of having an option for Donations. (Not sure how I want to set that up, but I see Lishy, dawnbomb, you, etc. as potential donators.) ; Bitcoin is the easy option, but maybe not most reliable, ... I have no idea. - Donations via PMing wal-mart, amazon, etc. gift card codes... without any set-up.... is super easy, though. Right? (That is without even transaction fees. Though I'm sure the 90% from Patreon is likely higher than the 100% from here, theoretically. :P )
gsmagic is currently coded in C#.

Following a micro-transactions strategy probably could be a good idea, but I don't see how that'd exactly work... Haha... I'm imagining ads for hacks and stuff. :P

Perfect world thing sounds interesting, but one thing at a time, I guess... The best dev team to have would be the people already here, though... as they already have a head start at how GS works..... however, we need people willing to jump in and really learn... just as I and Salanewt had years ago.

Another idea I just thought of: There's also the Early Access payment idea too... Like to be on the testing team. :P
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Majora

I can chip in with coding where I can. C# would be new to me but I can learn. We use a lot of SQL sprocs and use Java for backend stuff occasionally. Learned Visual Basic For Applications for fun in 2015 just from coming up with solutions for Excel problems and asking Google for the basics and stack overflow for the crazy stuff, lol.

dawnbomb

i would be able to do heavy feedback, and patreon could be cool.

as for donations, do it the NORMAL WAY everyone does it and setup a paypal.

the way i see it, GS1 and GS2 already have editors, lets get a GS3 editor before working on a second one for GS1/2. (altho the resist, power, and most importantly eLv editor of enemies in GS magic to make enemies resist status effects is extremely helpful)

i imagine DS roms being way larger then a GBA game, you can just expand the rom file then have infinite free space to work with.

@Majora: Cool! Don't worry, C# isn't too difficult.

@dawnbomb: I thought about paypal, actually... But I saw it as a non-option. (Unless for some reason it's actually usable?) - I don't have a "verified" paypal anyway.... Though I have SSN (and have it memorized.) ... I did not attach it to a bank account or whatever that other was. - I think it can still be used as an unverified IIRC?, but I can't remember the limitations... ; EDIT: OH! Also!. If The developer of no$gba got banned from paypal for his emulators... then I'm not sure about pursuing that route. :P

@GS3 editor = Yeah... Also, when the data formats are similar, it can sometimes mean you can do all three at once... But ummm.....

@DS = Something like that. ; I don't imagine ROM space would be that difficult to manage given that there is a file system.... But when it comes to resizing data tables and stuff... well... one will have to be mindful of how it fits in RAM. (All DS games load data to RAM before using the data....  unlike GBA, which has the ROM memory-mapped, and ready to be accessed immediately.)

EDIT2: If we like the no$ dev... and would want to follow in their footsteps... we can read the paragraphs about paypal here: http://problemkaputt.de/donate.htm

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

dawnbomb

well, verify your paypal! (also im like 99% sure you don't need paypal linked to a bank to use it to buy things.)

and, i have had no problems with paypal. they really only axe people doing illegal or sketchy things.

really tho, could try patreon.

Well.... I'm at a problem.
I log in and it asks me to confirm identity... give me two options to select from.
>Receive a text.
>Receive an automated phone call.

I'm too lazy to deal with this... so I probably won't bother. (There's no money on it, anyway, and I was simply intending to look around if anything's been changed the last time I checked... which was a long time ago.)

EDIT: When I say problem... I also refer to time of day... but that's obvious. But also that I can't be bothered?

--
So yeah. There's that.
I know these are mostly small things... But they also add more to why I don't find Paypal all that user-friendly.... so I'm not interested in using it. (Unless that protection can be disabled? Most of the time I find having that more of a nuisance then not having it being a risk. Both are risks of their own in either way. ... And... I didn't even forget my password. :/)
Steam's a little better. = They require password and email code. (If using SteamGuard... which is probably optional?)

--
I would look more into Patreon... but there's a part of me that doesn't feel like it right now.... Not sure if I should stress over it or not.
So... unless someone can prove to me simple donation options... I'll just stick to suggestions of Bitcoin and Gift cards.... as primary options. And if I somehow manage to get Paypal up and working... (Either from messing around with the same account if I choose to... a bit later, or creating a new one.)... then it could be a secondary option.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

dawnbomb

gift cards are cool :v

but i will say, i have *no idea* what your talking about. i never had any phone call or text requireing from paypal. infact, im pretty sure you can just make a account to a email and it just works attached to absolutely nothing. (mind you, this requires people to send money to this account for you to buy things with it heh)

but anyway, sense you said steam, a steam gift card exists, and i think steam can direct send someone wallet funds. so assuming you like video games (i bet you do) then problem solved. or a massive subway gift card? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Yeah. Gift cards are cool. Ever heard of a Visa gift card?  -- Used an online one once, but they seem to have expiration dates, soooo.....

It's only "being required" because they don't "recognize" my device? It seems... Here's an image of the first screen in the attachment. It kind of surprised me myself. - The first password attempt might not have been correct, though.. so I'm not sure if that could have triggered anything. But anyway, this is the screen you get once you do successfully log in.

And yeah, I know you need to put money on it... It is pretty obvious I don't actually use paypal. :/

Humblebundle often has free for a limited time steam games from time to time... but most of the time I'm not really playing Steam games much.... (Surprising?) ... However, even if the money was only for Steam games, I bet it could still be of use.

I can imagine a number of things I could want off places like Amazon, though. Heheh.... (Theory:  It's like the default online store for basic tech stuff?)
.... and Amazon also has games. https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Dsporting&field-keywords=nintendo+3ds&rh=n%3A3375251%2Ck%3Anintendo+3ds
^ I don't have one of these... but it has crossed my mind that I might want one for testing (e.g. homebrew?) at some point.. :P But otherwise, it isn't a priority by any means. Mainly something I thought about.  ; Main problem is latest firmware gets patched up. So one should install a CFW (Custom FirmWare) when possible (asap), to have full advantage.... whenever there's an exploit.
Would help if GS4 was on the 3DS... for that idea, though... Since then, we'd have that... and Dream Team/Paper Jam/Superstar Saga Remake... all on the 3DS... to look at. (Although, I think I'd put more focus on GS.)
Another possible option could be a VR (or augmented) kit.... but is also not a high priority. (Esp. since I find myself studying more code than playing first person 3D games?)
Or even another computer to replace my current one... it only takes a few years to be out of date. My current laptop was bought Dec 2013.... (Probably the best option, but computers are expensive compared to other buy options. But this too isn't a priority yet.)

(And I also _thought_ about the idea of starting a collection of other interesting pieces... But ummm....)

---
Anyway... I probably should discuss Dark Dawn Editor:  I see this as a base code. (I have code for a base Djinn Editor that doesn't compress the data back in, though. So it is WIP.)
dec1 (The name I give it, since there's no functions name in the game?) is quite literally me copying one of two decompression functions as I read it... but I also had coded one for a BIS Viewer/Editor a long time ago... so I compared with that as well... It's basically the same decompression routine in both games.

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;
using System.Threading.Tasks;
using System.Windows.Forms; //MessageBox

using System.IO;
namespace gsmagic
{
class Dark_Dawn
{
string path = "";
byte[] header = new byte[0x200];
byte[] ram = new byte[0x400000];
public void init(string aPath)
{
path = aPath;
header = Bits.openFilePart(path, 0, 0x200);
//Title check coming later?
loadARM9();
                        //I had djinn editor code here as a test, but it is WIP... so omited for now.
}
void loadARM9()
{
int romOffset = Bits.getInt32(header, 0x20);
//int entryAddr = Bits.getInt32(header, 0x24); //Where execution starts?
int ramAddr = Bits.getInt32(header, 0x28) & 0x1FFFFFF;
int size = Bits.getInt32(header, 0x2C);
using (FileStream a = new FileStream(path, FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read, FileShare.ReadWrite))
{
a.Seek(romOffset, SeekOrigin.Begin);
a.Read(ram, ramAddr, size);
}
int endAddr = Bits.getInt32(ram, 0xB88 + 0x14) & 0x1FFFFFF;
dec1(endAddr);// ramAddr + size);
//return null;
}
void loadFile(int fileID)
{
if (fileID < 0)
return;
if (fileID >= 0xF000)
return;
//This is incomplete, as this is meant to load overlay files/don't need to do any right now, though.
return;
}
void dec1(int addr)//, int size) //02000950.
{
//if (addr == 0)
// return;
//addr &= 0x1FFFFFF;

int h1 = Bits.getInt32(ram, addr - 8);
int h2 = Bits.getInt32(ram, addr - 4);
h2 += addr; //h2=destAddr
int r3 = addr - (h1 >> 0x18); //r3=srcAddr
h1 &= 0xFFFFFF;
h1 = addr - h1; //h1=Where to stop decompressing.

newset:
if (r3 <= h1)
return;
int r5 = ram[--r3]; //r5=flags
int r6 = 0x8;

nextb:
if (--r6 < 0)
goto newset;

if ((r5 & 0x80) == 0) //Constant / Distance/Length pair
{
ram[--h2] = ram[--r3];
}
else
{
int r12 = ram[--r3];
int r7 = ram[--r3];
r7 = (((r12 << 8) | r7) & 0xFFF) + 2;
r12 += 0x20;
do
{
ram[h2 - 1] = ram[h2 + r7]; h2--;
r12 -= 0x10;
} while (r12 >= 0);
}
r5 <<= 1;
if (r3 > h1)
goto nextb;
}
}
^Only posted to show simplicity in loading a file/decompressing it.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

dawnbomb

Thats really weird, but i guess you tripped some security. the exact same thing happens for me with steam guard sometimes, so i turned steam guard off.

i guess sense it's my bounty (and i can only confirm my own seriousness in desiring it) i should put priority on what is most useful..

i'd probably be willing to pay for each tier completed. (so like maybe 240$ total? for now? i love modding tools...)

-----------Top Priority?----------------- (tier 1)

1) Edit enemy base stats (LV, HP, PP, ATK, DEF, AGI, LUCK) (turns, HP regen, PP Regen would be cool to..)
?) Stat caps? can i finally give a final boss past 16K HP? i can probably find out during testing tho.

2) Edit enemy eLevel and power/resistance

-------things past here probibly lower priority---- (Tier 2)

)Edit psynergy base damage

)edit psynergy status effect

)Edit enemy having access to psynergy/actions

-------things past here even lowest priority----- (Tier 3)

) Equip limitations (Matthew with claws?) (this was already found before  somewhere..)

) Status effect chance (and recovery rates)

) effect on synergy (drop def 12.5, sleep, recover PP, ect..)

) shop contents

-------absolute last priority-------- (Tier 4)

) character stat gains per level

) psynergy access per class

) class stat bonuses

) djinn stat bonuses

) text

[rant]
Oh yeah. If you have paypal give you an automated phone call... in my instance.... it'll ask for a pin. = I didn't get one... (Some kind of error/fault or something like that?) but anyway. I only tried once...
It seems that the only direct way to get help with it is to call them... and as for right now.... I already know I'm 100% not going to do that... (Maybe some type of autism-related problem? Or similar? Erm?) ...  (Even if I had money in it. which I didn't, thankfully.) I hate using phones. ...so welp! I'll create another account. = Done. But I really really don't want to rely on Paypal unless I can prevent the problem from ever occurring in the future entirely. (A ~1% chance isn't good enough for me. Esp. considering the chance of being robbed actually feels far lower than being locked out.)

On their site:
QuoteIf you can't log in or have entered your password incorrectly too many times, you'll need to call us as we can only reset your password over the phone. We won't be able to perform this action for you via email.
Big thumbs down!  :irate:

And ah... Paypal is much different than I remember it being...  :happy: They must have done a makeover....  :um: They've got some work to do, though...
And stop logging me out from inactivity. ... :irate: (Why do these companies think they need to hold users by the hand? That's irritating... Come on, use Facebook as an example.. I'd rather not promote them, but they did that right, and I say this even when knowing that Facebook accounts can sometimes be far more valuable than that money in the bank account (depending on income)... for those identity thieves.... Although, it does require a little more work,, but if you know what you're doing, I think you'll know what I'm referring to.)
It's like I theorize, though... (@sites) If you have ~3 major problems that are noticeable in a couple hours time, then it's very likely you have a whole bunch more... but if you don't then well... you're really cool. (Notice that I didn't say no problems here, but that the effort shows.)

OH! Another thing! If Paypal requires phone calls for anything = They're screwing deaf people up. So much for accessibility. (There might be translators... but eh. I dunno.)
[/rant]
---

And that sounds like a nice priority list!

I feel like there should be a handling fee too. :P (Since there's set-up that one needs to do... mostly compression stuff/etc.) ;  But again... I'm only being funny, my intentions are to be free, and consider that as a donation.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

dawnbomb

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FIS82WQ/ref=s9_acss_bw_cg_gclptcg_2a1_w?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-1&pf_rd_r=BH9221KP8FA7PE979A87&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=e4c0f868-9bca-45ce-8e6a-e2ed0ac48fa6&pf_rd_i=2238192011  :Piers:

i remember you say somewhere you were looking to buy amazon stuff, if paypal is a pain, amazon sells amazon gift cards :heart: via email codes. as for anything extra/more from me, probably not (for those priorities listed) but if i think of more stuff to add, i could add more bounty.  it just depends "what is useful" and past what is listed, it enters the realm of "cool but impractical" as the more "insanely powerful" the tools for a mod program get, the less they are mod tools and more that someone coulda just used rpg maker for the time to make the tools vs mods created.

on the other hand if you really do enjoy the bounty "donations" in many weeks time, maybe i'll think of something else i want a bounty for. (something relatively easy/simple to achieve)

anyway... from what i saw in the discord, you've done enough now, that it can warrant a tier 1 bounty claim if your so inclined. maybe hit up a yard sale and buy a nintendo 3ds.  :JupiterDjinni:

Cool.

I'm not 100% sure. ... But thought it wouldn't be a bad choice.... - What ever is most universal and hassle-free is likely best option.
One thought about picking amazon is that .... I should still have about $10 (tiny amount) in amazon (digital/number only) gift cards from like year(s) ago...  that I still haven't used.... (So it's like I could combine that with the other..... :P)
(There might be another option though, but I'd have to figure that out....)
Combine a third-party like ebates or swagbucks (Earn from Shopping), and you can likely save even more, but then they likely track everything, so......... (Swagbucks is how I got the $10 amazon... when it was a much better deal than everything else at the time. 450 SB for $5 amazon... but now it's likely 500 SB... Of-course, I don't use SB much in the present,.... was more me experimenting.... It's good for Search, though, but I still use Google. :P)

The smart thing to do is invest...... though, you need a lot for that to mean much in a short amount of time. (However, one can still kind of "invest" in collectible items.... sometimes things like bitcoin... which can be risky. And that's when you want to invest in multiple things.... .... U.S. Money's 2~3% yearly inflation rate will generally make the price of everything else go up (if everything else is still of value), so it can be a bit of math work as well.)

One thought (Though I don't have the funds to do it: I feel like an example of a potentially safe option is to buy stuff from companies that do security updates.... and sell (for somewhat higher) the same product (where it is still sealed)... a bit later... while advertising it uses an outdated firmware. = But here's the thing, any obvious ideas like that, others will have thought of it. -- But if we remember the Cubic Ninja thing... we do know homebrew (and hacking) is a popular subject, so...

---
-Forge
-Enemy Groups
-Encounters

Quotethe more "insanely powerful" the tools for a mod program get, the less they are mod tools and more that someone coulda just used rpg maker for the time to make the tools vs mods created.
I get your point. That doesn't say that creating mod tools isn't a fun exercise, though.... so even if a lot of time does go to waste, it can still be a nice experience.
And... I also have documentation I like to work on. I feel like that's even more useful.... with learning how the devs did things. (As well as increased chance to find hidden or unused things.)

Quoteon the other hand if you really do enjoy the bounty "donations" in many weeks time, maybe i'll think of something else i want a bounty for. (something relatively easy/simple to achieve)
I enjoy programming projects, free or paid.... :) And many people sound like they want Dark Dawn editing, so here I go. :) Finding out what kind of hacks we get, will also be especially rewarding. (Also guessing Dark Dawn has more potential even though the GBA games may be better.)

@nintendo 3ds - also depends on my priorities..........................
I'm a slacker at times. :P

--

ATTEMPT #2:  Believing that the failure of ATTEMPT #1 might have been from being idle too long (not sure???) ... I try it again. (Well, it's worth double checking regardless...) .... See attachment = I have now gotten this page... First time I entered pin, I entered too early... asked me to enter again = Correct... BUT!!!! The Continue button doesn't work.... and the lockout has NOT been lifted.... Um?? I'll have to try a third time later.... ... Maybe in Firefox..

(Edit: It looks like if you switch between the combo options, Continue would work... but I waited too long: "Sorry, we couldn't move forward"... or something like that. Boy, that's so messed up.)

(If it manages to work, then maybe I'll still consider them an option... but it is a hassle, so...... But I do think there may be a number of things that can be bought more easily using paypal... if I go that route.... and assuming they don't care whether you're verified or not. Eh... Worst case scenario = Anybody can donate any amount that's not a Gift Card value... and I can still buy gift cards if I want to/don't trust paypal enough. --- It's something I'll need to think about. Essp. The transaction fees vs. interest. (I'm not even sure if Paypal does interest?))

ATTEMPT #3: So it turns out it worked! (Also interesting how they don't use the account owner's name until directly after Continung after the pin confirmation....) Mostly a pretty fast process, but unnecessarily annoying to deal with! :P ... They also have you change your password, and don't allow you to use the same one. :/ Makes little sense considering I was the one who accidentally triggered the security in the first place....

[spoiler]The format was....

At the top to the right: (First name in bold), Member since 2012.

And down here in the center...
in bold:

Thanks, (First name)

Normal text:
Now that we know it's really you, let's work together and secure your account to help prevent your account from being used without your knowledge.

[Continue] (Reset password segment.)

(Meh. It was already "secured" to begin with.... until you showed up and exaggerated this bit... as far as you're concerned... )[/spoiler]

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

javi3

:heart: :heart: :heart: muchas gracias fox!!!! eres el mejor, se valora mucho tu trabajo

Luna_blade

Quote from: Fox on 25, September, 2018, 03:55:53 PM
(...)I wonder if Luna can make gsmagic "very maintainable?" Hm?
Well it really depends. First off, is there a repository for GSMagic? I cannot even find the download link on the forums, except for the beta
in the first post. Then there is the question of programming language. I specialize in Java (do not quote me on that, I cannot work with a single Java framework  :happy:) and other things will simply take me more time. Time is another important factor, I have little with all the schoolwork and problems at home.

But once we get there, I think I am capable enough to get around at least 70% maintainable code.
I tried to incorporate that aspect in most of my school subjects so I have quite some experience with it.
"Hear the sounds and melodies
Of rilets flowing down
They're the verlasting songs
Whispering all the time
As a warning that behind some rocks
There's a rigid grap even
Oreads fear the tread"

Yes. It is open-sourced. And I try to include it with every download.
Maybe I could use something like github, but I'm not use to it, so.... I don't really use it at this time.
It is C#, because I found that was easy to use.
It's a complex project, so I'm not sure if you'll be able to get it to the point where I'd want it, but if you do, then awesome.
(Also, the versions posted on this forum may be out of date.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden