News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Elemental Tables (Enemies)

Started by Salanewt, 02, May, 2017, 11:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salanewt

So I was curious and decided to browse the code.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wSrkHBs5ZyGd7sy_xDxWA5HOnfkKysD2qsSfpMvOe-Y/edit?usp=sharing

Main points:
- 48 Tables total; 44 used, 4 unused;
- Every table has the option of making standard attacks elemental, but most are neutral;
- I included some other tables at the end that provide some general info about the data:
  - Mars eLevels the least common among tables, but this is 10+ more often than any other element;
  - Mercury eLevels have a lower total than any other element among all tables, but Mars eLevels are the lowest when excluding end-game boss tables;
  - Total Jupiter Resistance between all tables is the lowest, when not adjusted to exclude boss tables;
  - Mars Power and Resistance are the highest by far among end-game boss tables;
  - Star Magician has the highest eLevel total, followed by Dullahan then Doom Dragon;
  - ELevels always range from 0-6, except for end-game boss tables;
- And so on and so forth. I don't really feel like summarizing more stuff in here right now but I also didn't want this to just be a link post.

Hope this helps someone!
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Thanks....

This is probably how I'll do the listbox when the Elemental Data for that becomes editable.
Not sure about whether to add (+#) text after to indicate how many enemies may be using the same elemental data.... But isn't really needed for a base anyway.
Benefits of using this method makes it so I don't have to worry with coming up with names/having those editable... and also the idea that this may help it be easier to identify when an elemental entry becomes unused/etc.

^Temporary test... Made another function so I could check this out.... but may get that other function back up. (With the Encounters stuff.)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Caledor

@Squirtle IMO it'd be more useful if you counted by enemies instead of tables. From what i recall of when i was balancing elements, Mars and Jupiter weaknesses were the most common by a landslide, especially mars.

Salanewt

True, though my main focus was strictly on the tables because I was hoping someone else would look into their frequency. :P

That being said, it looks like both you and Rolina have brought up the same thing with me and it also looks like that is reflected in the tables in general, oddly enough; this makes me think that more enemies use the tables with lower Mars and Jupiter resistances than the other two elements, but there are also more of those tables to be used by common enemies.

Taking another quick look:
- The lowest resistance value in any table is 7;
- Venus and Mercury have a value of 7 in only one table each, while Mars has three and Jupiter has four;
- However, the Venus 7 is unused (and one of the Jupiter ones too);
- The Mercury 7 is used exclusively by one enemy while ;
- This means that, aside from one enemy, the lowest resistances that enemies can have are in Mars and Jupiter.

I am also making a couple minor edits to the spreadsheet; I'm attempted to colour code certain sections based on patterns or owners, though not all of them will necessarily be given the same treatment. I also changed the numbering to match how it would actually be used in enemy data as well as in the screenshot Fox provided.

Edit: So, I'm not sure but I may have missed some exclusives or near-exclusives. Pixie, Skeleton, and the Puppet/Soul Armours are the ones I'm most interested in double checking right now.

Edit 2: Pixie is not exclusive (shares with the Wyvern family).
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?