News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Class Type settings

Started by Drake baku, 05, May, 2017, 03:04:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drake baku

Hey everyone I have a question
for my Golden Moon Project (to which i was surprised not to have a single remark of curiosity XD (not that it matters so dont feel guilt or anything))
I decided to add a few more classes
most I have made by overwriting the original ones, so type and djinn settings were easy enough to work with, even splitting the symbiotic dual classes like Brute into separate cases (gravedigger for Michael (garret) and Demon for Damian (Venus Adept)), all worked out fine

But the 4 new lines are giving me trouble
as we all know, taking examples from the base game
Ninja require's 3 symbiotic and 3 jupiter
while Samurai require 4 symbiotic and 3 jupiter

side note: I made it so that both path's can be used with the bare minimum (1 symbiotic, 1 jupiter / 2 symbiotic, 1 jupiter)

but while test playing it to find oversights and such I became a little bugged that it only worked with the jupiter side
so I made 2 class lines with mercury
using 2 symbiotic djinn and 1 mercury for the lowest stage
looked up on the types in the games data for the types best fitting

but when i tried it out in the game, it did not work as it should
for the mars venus pair, it did not show at all
and for the jupiter mercury pair, it seemed to have traded places with the normal style (example:
sorcerer costs 2 symbiotic and 2 mercury
while i wanted spirit seer to cost 2 symbiotic and 1 mercury
but those two have traded djinn costs)

and with the 2e pair of new classes
i wanted to make 2 quatro class, one for the jupiter char and 1 for the mercury char
i set the djinn set up as 5 for the characters natural element and the rest got 1
also here i guessed on the required type and during the test
they did both got access to the class for them, but the djinn requirement was all messed
they seemed to require 2 djinn from one of the other elements, forgot which was through, but yeah instead of 1 symbiotic and 1 of each of the non symbiotic types it became 1 symbiotic, 1 non symbiotic and 2 of the other non symbiotic

these djinn counts did not add up one bit, so i figured I messed up with the type
changed it to my second guess, and now non of the new classes show up
as that I had completely forgotten which ones partly worked to top it of...

I figured to take a brand new look on how it works with classes of how it works with the original and came to the conclusion it may have to do with the way the game priorities the elements for classes

I know Atryu (did I type it correctly) had researched this quite a bit, but I for the life of me cant find that entire topic no matter how I search for it

I dont know if anyone knows anything about this, either how to fix this or the topic that had listed this situation (though I dont remember any remarks about tri elements, I think his research only counted for dual types?)

----------------------

knowing my talent in explaining things clearly is bad
recap in short:

looking for the class type setting for the following:
-Venus/ Mars Adept : 2 symbiotic djinn plus 1 mercury
-Jupiter/ Mercury Adept : 2 symbiotic djinn plus 1 Mars
(in order to compliment the already existing 2 symbiotic + 1 Jupiter for mars/Venus
and 2 symbiotic + 1 venus for mercury/ mars)

-Jupiter adept : 1 mars + 1 Venus + 1 Mercury
-Mercury adept : 1 Mars + 1 Venus + 1 Jupiter

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

QuoteI know Atryu (did I type it correctly) had researched this quite a bit, but I for the life of me cant find that entire topic no matter how I search for it
Looking for this topic?
http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=475.0

Atrius explains Class Type on page 2
http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=475.msg11653#msg11653

And then this is where I come up with possible ideas as to how it can be displayed in the editor:
http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=238.msg33588#msg33588
(Will probably do both: Show first class using the class type (To help with identifying unused class types) , and maybe give info on primary/secondary elements when I get to it in my own C# editor?)
(Edit: But if I have the Class Type chart editable (e.g. Such as assigning the same class type to at least half the  table/etc.), then I will have to think how that could be reflected in the actual Class Editor? Edit again: Although, my hunch is that it could be left out... if the Class Type Chart Editor itself is enough info.)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Drake baku

yes that is the page indeed, it has the tie priority list added as well
now I need to figure out which type number I need based on all this

thanks ^^