Golden Sun Hacking Community
November 20, 2019, 05:12:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does this look familiar? (press release room)  (Read 6928 times)
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Global Moderator

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

Coins: 0

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.
Emblems: Have a nice day.

« on: May 21, 2017, 04:31:43 PM »

Remember those early screenshots where Matthew had a green shirt and darker hair?

Turns out that was just a lighting effect, which is still used by an earlier version of the Lookout Cabin map; any object model in here will have this effect applied to them!

Edit: Though, now that I think about it, wasn't his hair more red like Jenna's at some point? That may not have been a lighting effect.

Later edit: Found some old E3 screenshots from long ago:

So his hair colour did change, but it also looks like his clothes either got slightly lighter or that cave also had a lighting effect of some kind.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 03:08:03 AM by Salanewt » Logged

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Global Moderator

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

Coins: 0

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.
Emblems: Have a nice day.

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2019, 04:44:55 PM »

Oh yeah, I completely forgot to update this at some point.

The Matty in that bottom screenshot is still present in the game's files, along with a whole slew of other variants.

... Is it me, or does it almost look like he's T-posing in the original screenshot?

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
November 14, 2019, 01:50:02 PM
Fox: So like... a layers offset might normally be located at +0xC, but in Tennis, it is at +0x10)
November 14, 2019, 01:48:51 PM
Fox: (Talking about the data in map header thingy.)
November 14, 2019, 01:48:10 PM
Fox: So took a look at Tennis.... Seems Atrius's editor displays all maps incorrectly because he forgot that some stuff was offsetted by 4 (You know with everything from layer offsets and files/etc.)  Fix that, and it seems to display properly. Hm.
November 14, 2019, 06:18:29 AM
Fox: That is a quote I found somewhere. How amusing. xD
November 14, 2019, 06:18:06 AM
Fox: only canadians give up dont be a canadian
November 11, 2019, 03:27:02 AM
Salanewt: Especially since there might be a v0.5.1.1 in the near future, if any bugs are found by people playing the demo.
November 11, 2019, 03:26:38 AM
Salanewt: Oh yeah, so for people who aren't aware; v0.5.1 of the AI Overhaul is available on the Discord, but I'm delaying the creation of a downloads page + topic until I finish the demo.
November 02, 2019, 12:05:31 PM
Fox: And yeah, there's a topic for the Discord. in News & Announcements (http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=2831.0)
November 02, 2019, 11:55:00 AM
Fox: Went to go study some German a little earlier. (Using duolingo to give it a try.) ... And. Huh. German capitalizes all nouns? (Not necessarily pronouns, though.)
November 01, 2019, 07:49:25 AM
thenightsshadow: Didn't realize there was a Discord at all.
October 31, 2019, 07:22:02 AM
Fox: (Which I guess not having Special badges in inventory was by purpose.... So I'll ifnore that bit. Just whats with the dup Halloween badge in inv?)
October 31, 2019, 07:18:26 AM
Fox: Question about badges = Why do I have two of the same Halloween badge in my inventory... but not on my profile? And by two, I mean the Honk badge is not there.
October 31, 2019, 06:56:26 AM
Fox: Does tns want to join the most active part of GSHC? - Its Discord? :D  And welcome back!
October 31, 2019, 06:52:17 AM
Fox: (Ofcourse it would be capitalized if it were the name of a system, and anytime that system would be referenced... but I'm more going with why we *never* see Psynergy and Djinni not capitalized.)
October 31, 2019, 06:49:58 AM
thenightsshadow: Yeah, just kinda got an email out of nowhere and it reminded me.
October 31, 2019, 06:42:40 AM
Fox: and main reason I said "not intended to become part of English" ... was because I thought of words like "animals"... and they can technically still be lowercase at times.
October 31, 2019, 06:41:17 AM
Fox: group/type/thing/whatever
October 31, 2019, 06:38:54 AM
Fox: Not saying it is exacly that... but it is a thought, at least.
October 31, 2019, 06:36:41 AM
Fox: I mean like... when you're naming a person... the object of the game is to make up a name... (Although, I think capitalization is more for formality.) ... so... when you're coming up with a name like Psynergy or Djinni, I figure it is a similar approach. Just more for a group rather than a single being.
October 31, 2019, 06:30:01 AM
Fox: "part"..... but that too, I guess. Also, there may be scenarios where item and status are lowercase.

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise