News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Dark Dawn: GBA Concept Room

Started by Salanewt, 24, May, 2017, 03:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salanewt

Hey everyone! We recently found an early room in Dark Dawn that has several examples of obstacles requiring GS1 and GS2-exclusive utility spells. What's more, there is a clear path of progression from the entrance at the front of the map to a small cave up on a ledge near the rear left of the map. It's grouped with a few debug rooms and a version of Lookout Cabin that was used for early press release screenshots, and has a camera angle that makes viewing the map difficult at times.

1. Frost puddles for djinni (optional), go up stairs and push/Move box
2. Lift boulder, Pound peg
3. Growth vine for GBA chest (optional), Frost puddles and Whirlwind ladder
4. Catch Caramel Apple (optional), melt pillar (probably, new) and Lash rope
5. Growth cliff vine for quick escape (optional), move box for future shortcut (optional), Move(?) object near cliff
6. Whirlwind vine(?), Burst boulder up ladder to reach the cave entrance
Total utilities used: 9

The thing about this map is that you can't actually interact with anything. There is only a basic collision map set up for the walls and map boundaries, while rivers are slightly lower than the ground but you can walk on them, and anything that you would have required player interaction will switch states between active and inactive upon approaching it. For example, the Lash rope/pegs will suddenly have a tightrope formed if you get close enough to them, or the Lift boulder will suddenly move into the air without any animation. The best way to get around is to manipulate your coordinates in RAM. You start on the lowest part of the map but under the actual map, so you can either move towards the camera to reach the lowest part of the map or to the right to clip through the river and onto the middle portion.

Oh, and this room doesn't have an upper screen map of its own - I warped here from the dungeon displayed above.

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Salanewt

It certainly is! I decided to toy around with the map/room table and I figured out an easy way to get a better camera angle, though that's mainly because I am using a different room to view this in.

http://imgur.com/a/V4cN8

Oh, please ignore the giant glowing star in the one screenshot; it technically belongs in the original map, I only swapped out the one ID to make this stuff viewable.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?