Golden Sun Hacking Community
August 18, 2017, 06:03:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dark Dawn: GBA Concept Room  (Read 301 times)
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

Coins: 32

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.
Emblems: Have a nice day.

« on: May 24, 2017, 07:13:44 PM »

Hey everyone! We recently found an early room in Dark Dawn that has several examples of obstacles requiring GS1 and GS2-exclusive utility spells. What's more, there is a clear path of progression from the entrance at the front of the map to a small cave up on a ledge near the rear left of the map. It's grouped with a few debug rooms and a version of Lookout Cabin that was used for early press release screenshots, and has a camera angle that makes viewing the map difficult at times.

1. Frost puddles for djinni (optional), go up stairs and push/Move box
2. Lift boulder, Pound peg
3. Growth vine for GBA chest (optional), Frost puddles and Whirlwind ladder
4. Catch Caramel Apple (optional), melt pillar (probably, new) and Lash rope
5. Growth cliff vine (new) for quick escape (optional), move box for future shortcut (optional), Move(?) object near cliff
6. Whirlwind vine(?), Burst boulder up ladder to reach the cave entrance
Total utilities used: 9

The thing about this map is that you can't actually interact with anything. There is only a basic collision map set up for the walls and map boundaries, while rivers are slightly lower than the ground but you can walk on them, and anything that you would have required player interaction will switch states between active and inactive upon approaching it. For example, the Lash rope/pegs will suddenly have a tightrope formed if you get close enough to them, or the Lift boulder will suddenly move into the air without any animation. The best way to get around is to manipulate your coordinates in RAM. You start on the lowest part of the map but under the actual map, so you can either move towards the camera to reach the lowest part of the map or to the right to clip through the river and onto the middle portion.

Oh, and this room doesn't have an upper screen map of its own - I warped here from the dungeon displayed above.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 07:17:21 PM by Lord Squirtle » Logged

And the Wise One is a Mary Sue!

Hey there! I see you over there, looking at me... Wanna come over for a Milk Drink? ;)
Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.
Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW
Claros Flamestrike
Of the Vibrant Life
Mars Clan

Living vibrantly since 1989.™

Coins: 0

I am: cringing so hard, I think my face is stuck like this forever. Thanks, 2011 version of me! >_< lmao

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 12:50:14 PM »

This honestly makes me a bit nostalgic for the GBA games. It's just a 3D version! It looks exactly what you'd expect the GBA games to look like before the graphics were squashed down into sprites. =D?
View Profile WWW
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

Coins: 32

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.
Emblems: Have a nice day.

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 06:10:12 AM »

It certainly is! I decided to toy around with the map/room table and I figured out an easy way to get a better camera angle, though that's mainly because I am using a different room to view this in.

http://imgur.com/a/V4cN8

Oh, please ignore the giant glowing star in the one screenshot; it technically belongs in the original map, I only swapped out the one ID to make this stuff viewable.

And the Wise One is a Mary Sue!

Hey there! I see you over there, looking at me... Wanna come over for a Milk Drink? ;)
Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.
Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
Today at 12:18:56 PM
Fox: Welcome back!
Today at 09:12:43 AM
Luna_blade: back from vacation
Yesterday at 02:29:26 AM
Fox: That moment when you realize that there is a lot of chatting going on on Discord, that there is no point in trying to keep up. :P  Hm....
August 16, 2017, 04:50:22 AM
Fox: (Then again, just because posting is disabled, doesn't necessarily mean the buttons would be removed as well.)
August 16, 2017, 04:48:55 AM
Fox: (I mean, buttons I would expect to be similar to that.... rather than those specifically since I recall posting there to be disabled.)
August 16, 2017, 04:33:02 AM
Fox: Yeah... I like to think of it as a page loaded with ads. And it's not just the forum home page either... check the sub-forums/topics themselves. == New Topic/Reply/etc. buttons were affected.
August 15, 2017, 07:04:30 PM
Salanewt: Lol, nice. :P
August 15, 2017, 06:33:02 PM
Foxhttp://z9.invisionfree.com/Golden_Sun_Hacking/index.php? == Hahaha! GSHC Classic looks funny now that Photobucket killed the images. :P Anyway, how is everyone doing today?
August 14, 2017, 07:12:02 PM
Salanewt: So yeah, I'm typing up a non-academic essay on why GS2 was rushed; expect that sometime soon!
August 07, 2017, 05:53:11 AM
Fox: But anyway, such a hack mod is simply an idea, and I do not have any current plans to work on it at this time, so.....
August 07, 2017, 05:51:46 AM
Fox: Okay, cool. I think my idea works best without an ability to swap PCs (OR to just simply make that use it the PC's turn.) Hmmm... And with that, I question if a turn list is even needed with my approach. (Outside of maybe 1 entry, if that shortens the modifications.)
August 07, 2017, 05:13:26 AM
Salanewt: To be honest I've been thinking of expanding the battle turn section and also adding code for PCs to have more than two turns in the AI overhaul, but I probably won't allow anyone to have more than four.
August 06, 2017, 12:22:17 AM
Fox: Oh, and if that approach was taken = Would like to also have it so you select the spell to use when it is actually your turn rather than at round start.
August 06, 2017, 12:12:37 AM
Fox: Would take a lot of balancing, but I can see an adept being very slow, and yet very powerful.
August 06, 2017, 12:06:11 AM
Fox: And bosses can have an Agility that is above half of the maximum possible Agility. Mwahaha.
August 06, 2017, 12:04:14 AM
Fox: Hmm... What if Agility could be recodded to allow for multiple turns per round? Obvious, calculations could be made in a way that depending on your Agility, you could like get a different number of turns each round. (eg. 1 turn this round, 2 the next, 1 turn again.) Obviously, To ensure 2 turns all the time, you should have at least double the opponent's agility,.... erm...something. So... you/or enmy could be so fast, the opponent can't even make a move, unless turns are capped.
August 05, 2017, 08:48:42 PM
Fox: ( That keeps search engines from indexing them... :) )
August 05, 2017, 08:45:44 PM
Fox: Also, it's not 100% public if Guests can't see them. (They can't), but who cares about Guests anyway. =P
August 05, 2017, 08:20:28 PM
Fox: @Clan forums: Mars clan has the most posts, and Venus clan has the most topics. So umm having 1k+ posts makes Mars.... interesting?
August 05, 2017, 08:16:43 PM
Fox: /and they're *

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise