News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Dark Dawn: weird menu glitch

Started by gapwanderer, 06, June, 2017, 09:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gapwanderer

After getting the leather cap from Karis I was just tapping the screen randomly while checking Matthew's base stats. Except, when I exited the status screen, the character select part, I ended up in a battle with a dim dragon. After dying I just ended back at Isaac's house. Here is a link to what images I could get: http://imgur.com/a/qAZV4.
Does anyone have an idea how this happened?

Edit: Just happened again, before talking to Karis, when I closed the menu after equipping the padded gloves. It seems to happen randomly when closing the menu.

Edit 2: Seems to also happen when selecting a menu option. I pressed 'A' on the logbook option and I got sent into another dim dragon battle. Might be happening more often for me since it's being played from a flashcard on a 3ds.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

That's cool.

Not sure... unless some code got loaded over top of old code or something.... if you can replicate it and explain how it can be replicated, I might could look into it, though.

Would have been nice to know where you would have been if you had successfully defeated that enemy.  At least to see if this could be useful for the speed-running community or not. (Most likely would have returned to where you were?)

@Isaac's house = Might be based on what is stored as map and door number for when you're defeated... which was probably set way before the glitch.. so might not be related to the glitch.  I'm assuming you got the Leather Cap before Patcher's Place? - Yep. Since it's just Matthew there.

--
I noticed some glitching through emulating on Desmume.. (Not sure if same happens on real handheld.)

Such as when you enter battle and see the PC table on the top screen... there can be an awful palette that's used. (Makes it look ugly.) - I suspect it is the same palette as the screen that shows djinn and has a background for the elements. But I did not verify. - Although, this is pretty rare glitch, so I'm not sure how it is replicated.)

Also, there are places you can get stuck in the collision... (See attachment, although, not sure if you need to pause or not.)

(I use to have the screens above/below, until I realized side-by-side is probably better when zoomed in. :P)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)